Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors, 2 April

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors, 2 April

Post by George Carlin on Tue 29 Mar 2016, 8:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

                   
Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors
At Stadio Monigo
5.30pm local time (4.30pm UK & Ireland)

Live on Rai Sport & BBC Alba

Referee: Nigel Owens (WRU, 133rd competition game)
Assistant Referees: Claudio Blessano, Gregorio Piran (both FIR)
Citing Commissioner: Stefano Marrama (FIR)
TMO: Stefano Penne (FIR)

A. Head to Head


11 Played 11
2 Wins 9
9 Losses 2
0 Draws 0
143 Points 269

B. Form

27/11/15: Glasgow Warriors 13 - 6 Benetton Treviso

31/10/14: Glasgow Warriors 17 - 9 Benetton Treviso

05/10/14: Benetton Treviso 23 - 40 Glasgow Warriors

C. Teams

Benetton Treviso 

[tbc]

Glasgow Warriors

15. Stuart Hogg
14. Taqele Naiyaravoro
13. Mark Bennett
12. Peter Horne
11. Sean Lamont
10. Finn Russell
9. Henry Pyrgos

1. Gordon Reid
2. Fraser Brown
3. Sila Puafisi
4. Tim Swinson
5. Jonny Gray
6. Josh Strauss
7. Simone Favaro
8. Adam Ashe

16. James Malcolm
17. Jerry Yanuyanutawa
18. D'arcy Rae
19. Leone Nakarawa
20. Tyrone Holmes
21. Grayson Hart
22. Glenn Bryce
23. Lee Jones


Last edited by George Carlin on Fri 01 Apr 2016, 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

George Carlin
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 12841
Join date : 2011-06-23
Location : United Arab Emirates

Back to top Go down


Re: Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors, 2 April

Post by BigGee on Sat 02 Apr 2016, 5:04 pm

Half way there!

BigGee

Posts : 3027
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors, 2 April

Post by tigertattie on Sat 02 Apr 2016, 5:16 pm

Hogg really needs tackle practise over the summer

tigertattie

Posts : 3422
Join date : 2011-07-11
Location : God's Country

Back to top Go down

Re: Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors, 2 April

Post by BigGee on Sat 02 Apr 2016, 5:21 pm

Bit sloppy from Glasgow, but plenty of time still to sort it out. Got to remember to win the game first though before the 4 tries!

BigGee

Posts : 3027
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors, 2 April

Post by bsando on Sat 02 Apr 2016, 5:24 pm

Just feel like Glasgow are forcing it a bit (sums up their season), some silly attempted offloads when they're on the front foot. Had they held on to it a bit more and perhaps taken the 3 points earlier in the first half instead of kicking to the corner they would probably be discussing how best to get the bonus point win. Instead I suspect the main talking point will be ensuring that they actually win the game.

Prygos looks a bit rusty so good he his getting some game time today.

Naiyavoro has been getting over the gain line really well, I think Glasgow need too ship it wide to him a bit more instead of just going one or two passes in the backs. Every time he has got the ball it has been because he has come off his wing.

Pack are doing okay, just need to keep their discipline around the rucks which i think improved in the back end of that half.

Glasgow can and should win this game and maybe if they're good enough, nick a BP win. Lots to do!!

bsando

Posts : 1664
Join date : 2011-11-27
Age : 28
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors, 2 April

Post by bsando on Sat 02 Apr 2016, 5:32 pm

there we go :P

I love Hogg's "Tetris" style dodging of players, been working really well for him this year!

bsando

Posts : 1664
Join date : 2011-11-27
Age : 28
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors, 2 April

Post by tigertattie on Sat 02 Apr 2016, 5:50 pm

John Beattie is actually more one eyed that jiffy! Bet he sleeps in Glasgow warriors pyjamas and west of Scotland bed sheets

tigertattie

Posts : 3422
Join date : 2011-07-11
Location : God's Country

Back to top Go down

Re: Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors, 2 April

Post by tigertattie on Sat 02 Apr 2016, 5:54 pm

Stuart Hogg must be the best attacking player in the northern hemisphere right now!

tigertattie

Posts : 3422
Join date : 2011-07-11
Location : God's Country

Back to top Go down

Re: Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors, 2 April

Post by Riskysports on Sat 02 Apr 2016, 5:54 pm

Hogg is one special player

Riskysports

Posts : 2843
Join date : 2011-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors, 2 April

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama on Sat 02 Apr 2016, 5:54 pm

That was some serious magic from Hogg there. In some serious form at the moment

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Posts : 752
Join date : 2013-11-07
Age : 30
Location : Warwickshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors, 2 April

Post by BigGee on Sat 02 Apr 2016, 5:56 pm

Good to get that 4th try, now get some subs on and play sensible rugby

BigGee

Posts : 3027
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors, 2 April

Post by BigGee on Sat 02 Apr 2016, 6:42 pm

Well Glasgow get the job done without being at their spectacular best, that's all that matters at this stage.

BigGee

Posts : 3027
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors, 2 April

Post by George Carlin on Sat 02 Apr 2016, 6:57 pm

Looking forward to the highlights.

George Carlin
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 12841
Join date : 2011-06-23
Location : United Arab Emirates

Back to top Go down

Re: Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors, 2 April

Post by jimbopip on Sat 02 Apr 2016, 7:16 pm

Big Tacky, utterly woeful in defence. I have seen milk turn quicker. Personally I would start the Selkirk Pixie against Zebre.

Mind you Schlong never looked like scorching past any defenders on the other wing.

angel still not quite right. Does Toonie give him a little rest or hope that he runs riot against one of the leagues more porous defences?

That's the negatives out of the way. 5 points Yahoo

Scarlets lost Yahoo Yahoo

Munster look as if they are losing, which should allow Glasgow into fourth place Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

No-one has phoned from Treviso asking if I will stand bail for Signori Gee and Feccyoucopper. Whistle

jimbopip

Posts : 3018
Join date : 2012-10-14
Location : sunny Essex

Back to top Go down

Re: Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors, 2 April

Post by MacKnocked-on on Sun 03 Apr 2016, 12:40 pm

jimbopip wrote:Big Tacky, utterly woeful in defence. I have seen milk turn quicker. Personally I would start the Selkirk Pixie against Zebre.

Mind you Schlong never looked like scorching past any defenders on the other wing.

angel still not quite right. Does Toonie give him a little rest or hope that he runs riot against one of the leagues more porous defences?

That's the negatives out of the way. 5 points Yahoo

Scarlets lost Yahoo Yahoo

Munster look as if they are losing, which should allow Glasgow into fourth place Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

No-one has phoned from Treviso asking if I will stand bail for Signori Gee and Feccyoucopper. Whistle

James Eddie in commentary was still trying to push the myth that Lamont is one of the speedsters at the club, Hugh Dan even made some comment doubting it.

MacKnocked-on

Posts : 1123
Join date : 2012-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors, 2 April

Post by Hazel Sapling on Sun 03 Apr 2016, 9:54 pm

I heard that comment from Eddie to. Reckon Lamont is slipping 20's to the guy's on commentary.

Was laughing at Big T. He was following Pyrgos (or was it Hart?) around at one point when we were within 5m. He wanted the ball at pace and Glasgow have screwed up using him that way.

On the defensive side, he rarely puts his shoulder in and puts "fake" tackles in with his arms that inevitably fail. It really hacks me off watching a monster of a man not want to tackle when he is at speed and the other player is moving towards him. Utter rubbish

Hazel Sapling

Posts : 679
Join date : 2015-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors, 2 April

Post by funnyExiledScot on Sun 03 Apr 2016, 10:33 pm

Sounds like Big T has checked out. Comes to something when Weegies are calling for Lee Jones!

Seen the highlights. Hogg is remarkable at the moment, and Pyrgos looked handy. Glasgow will not be fun to face in the playoffs.

funnyExiledScot

Posts : 14469
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 35
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors, 2 April

Post by RDW_Scotland on Mon 04 Apr 2016, 6:42 am

Defensive deficiencies aside, I just don't think Glasgow have used Big T effectively.

Again like Visser he needs to be worked into the gameplan, with moves created to have him running at full pelt before he gets the ball and running into spaces - he'd cause carnage!


Last edited by RDW_Scotland on Mon 04 Apr 2016, 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total

RDW_Scotland
Admin
Admin

Posts : 18887
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 29
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors, 2 April

Post by RDW_Scotland on Mon 04 Apr 2016, 7:24 am

Also, like Visser he's probably never had to learn how to tackle properly because he's always been much bigger than everyone else growing up. As the big kid he could just smash folk without worrying about good technique.

Lee Jones will have always been smaller than everyone else so had to learn how to tackle properly. Problem with him is if he gets his technique wrong he's lacking the physicality to make up for it.

RDW_Scotland
Admin
Admin

Posts : 18887
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 29
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors, 2 April

Post by George Carlin on Mon 04 Apr 2016, 7:36 am

Anyone fancy doing a match thread for the Fried Chocolate Freebasers against the Endangered Zebras?

George Carlin
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 12841
Join date : 2011-06-23
Location : United Arab Emirates

Back to top Go down

Re: Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors, 2 April

Post by EWT Spoons on Mon 04 Apr 2016, 8:12 am


EWT Spoons

Posts : 1647
Join date : 2012-02-02
Age : 32
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors, 2 April

Post by funnyExiledScot on Mon 04 Apr 2016, 10:44 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Also, like Visser he's probably never had to learn how to tackle properly because he's always been much bigger than everyone else growing up. As the big kid he could just smash folk without worrying about good technique.

Lee Jones will have always been smaller than everyone else so had to learn how to tackle properly. Problem with him is if he gets his technique wrong he's lacking the physicality to make up for it.

Well on the point re: Visser he's making hay in the Jeff for Quins. I saw Maitland scored as well. He's surely one to try and re-sign once the London Irish relegation is confirmed. It would be awesome if Edinburgh could get Cowan and Maitland in the summer. As well as obtaining another season ticket, I may actually attend some of the games.

funnyExiledScot

Posts : 14469
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 35
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors, 2 April

Post by RDW_Scotland on Mon 04 Apr 2016, 10:59 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:Also, like Visser he's probably never had to learn how to tackle properly because he's always been much bigger than everyone else growing up. As the big kid he could just smash folk without worrying about good technique.

Lee Jones will have always been smaller than everyone else so had to learn how to tackle properly. Problem with him is if he gets his technique wrong he's lacking the physicality to make up for it.

Well on the point re: Visser he's making hay in the Jeff for Quins. I saw Maitland scored as well. He's surely one to try and re-sign once the London Irish relegation is confirmed. It would be awesome if Edinburgh could get Cowan and Maitland in the summer. As well as obtaining another season ticket, I may actually attend some of the games.

Visser has been excellent for 'quins, and Maitland seems to be coming into good form apparently.

You should watch the London Irish highlights - Tonks somehow managed to hit the uprights from a conversion bang in front of the posts! picard

It was a crucial miss actually as it meant that at the end LI were having to chase a LBP instead of settling for having one - ultimately they forced a pass that led to a Cipriani interception try.

LI are away to Newcastle next with the loser probably most likely to be relegated. LI are currently 4 points behind Newcastle, so it is going to be tight.

From a Scottish PoV it would be better to have LI stay up, but I've always had a soft spot for Newcastle Falcons!

RDW_Scotland
Admin
Admin

Posts : 18887
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 29
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors, 2 April

Post by funnyExiledScot on Mon 04 Apr 2016, 11:18 am

Yep - always liked the Newcastle Scottish team that won the title back in the day. An unofficial feeder club basically.

Still, real shame should Maitland and Cowan end up relegated. Both important players from a Scotland squad perspective, Steele as well at 9 is a prospect. Tonks not so much.

funnyExiledScot

Posts : 14469
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 35
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors, 2 April

Post by BigGee on Mon 04 Apr 2016, 11:21 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:Yep - always liked the Newcastle Scottish team that won the title back in the day. An unofficial feeder club basically.

Still, real shame should Maitland and Cowan end up relegated. Both important players from a Scotland squad perspective, Steele as well at 9 is a prospect. Tonks not so much.

Steele is having another really good season and may well be an outside bet for the summer tour. He is keeping McKibbon out of the team who came over with a bit of fanfare and is no doubt on reasonable bucks. I would rate him better than SHC at the moment.

BigGee

Posts : 3027
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors, 2 April

Post by EWT Spoons on Mon 04 Apr 2016, 11:48 am

Not sure if it's been mentioned here, but I thought the ref had a decent game here again. Was very clear with instructions and explanation of his rulings.

EWT Spoons

Posts : 1647
Join date : 2012-02-02
Age : 32
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors, 2 April

Post by funnyExiledScot on Mon 04 Apr 2016, 11:49 am

BigGee wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:Yep - always liked the Newcastle Scottish team that won the title back in the day. An unofficial feeder club basically.

Still, real shame should Maitland and Cowan end up relegated. Both important players from a Scotland squad perspective, Steele as well at 9 is a prospect. Tonks not so much.

Steele is having another really good season and may well be an outside bet for the summer tour. He is keeping McKibbon out of the team who came over with a bit of fanfare and is no doubt on reasonable bucks. I would rate him better than SHC at the moment.

Well SH-C came on and made a difference against Zebre, but it doesn't much alter the fact that he's gone backwards this season. Pity, season before he was generating a proper debate as to whether he should oust Laidlaw.

funnyExiledScot

Posts : 14469
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 35
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors, 2 April

Post by TJ on Mon 04 Apr 2016, 12:06 pm

EWT Spoons wrote:Not sure if it's been mentioned here, but I thought the ref had a decent game here again.  Was very clear with instructions and explanation of his rulings.

I was just about to post that as well. Maybe a bit quick to call "hands off" but consistent and ran the game well. Especially considering how inexperienced he is and that he was a short notice call up

TJ

Posts : 6167
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors, 2 April

Post by TJ on Mon 04 Apr 2016, 12:08 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
BigGee wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:Yep - always liked the Newcastle Scottish team that won the title back in the day. An unofficial feeder club basically.

Still, real shame should Maitland and Cowan end up relegated. Both important players from a Scotland squad perspective, Steele as well at 9 is a prospect. Tonks not so much.

Steele is having another really good season and may well be an outside bet for the summer tour. He is keeping McKibbon out of the team who came over with a bit of fanfare and is no doubt on reasonable bucks. I would rate him better than SHC at the moment.

Well SH-C came on and made a difference against Zebre, but it doesn't much alter the fact that he's gone backwards this season. Pity, season before he was generating a proper debate as to whether he should oust Laidlaw.

SHC looked to be coming back into form as you say - I think he is class but out of form. Pythagorus is the next in line after Laidlaw tho

TJ

Posts : 6167
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors, 2 April

Post by IanBru on Mon 04 Apr 2016, 12:20 pm

Yeah, I liked Ben Whitehouse as a referee - he was pretty consistent, saw most things (even aware of what he couldn't see, at one point in open play asking the linesman to "Watch behind me."), and explained his interpretation to the players. I also think he retained control well - both sides were pumped up, but it never reached a point where a card was warranted.

On the Newcastle Falcons question, the current Lady Bru is a season ticket holder (we met at a RWC event at Kingston Park because of Niko's disallowed try against England), so I've been to a couple games in the last few months. Essentially Kingston Park is what Scotstoun could and should be - 10,400 capacity, but with land available to expand it further. Stands are close to the pitch, with good views. The bar area in the main stand is really excellent (beer choice a bit iffy though), but they also have a separate clubhouse and pub that's quite nice. In terms of atmosphere, it actually reminds me of Glasgow, but without the success. Lots of passion, a clear relationship between the supporters and the players, and some cracking banter.

I must say I hope Falcons stay up, but if they don't I might convince Lady Bru to buy a season ticket at Scotstoun...

IanBru

Posts : 2301
Join date : 2011-04-30
Age : 28
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Re: Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors, 2 April

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama on Mon 04 Apr 2016, 12:27 pm

IanBru wrote:On the Newcastle Falcons question, the current Lady Bru is a season ticket holder (we met at a RWC event at Kingston Park because of Niko's disallowed try against England), so I've been to a couple games in the last few months.

Current until she reads the description of your relationship at least Bru! Laugh

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Posts : 752
Join date : 2013-11-07
Age : 30
Location : Warwickshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors, 2 April

Post by BigGee on Mon 04 Apr 2016, 12:42 pm

TJ wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:
BigGee wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:Yep - always liked the Newcastle Scottish team that won the title back in the day. An unofficial feeder club basically.

Still, real shame should Maitland and Cowan end up relegated. Both important players from a Scotland squad perspective, Steele as well at 9 is a prospect. Tonks not so much.

Steele is having another really good season and may well be an outside bet for the summer tour. He is keeping McKibbon out of the team who came over with a bit of fanfare and is no doubt on reasonable bucks. I would rate him better than SHC at the moment.

Well SH-C came on and made a difference against Zebre, but it doesn't much alter the fact that he's gone backwards this season. Pity, season before he was generating a proper debate as to whether he should oust Laidlaw.

SHC looked to be coming back into form as you say - I think he is class but out of form.  Pythagorus is the next in line after Laidlaw tho

Am pretty sure GL will have a rest over the summer though. Time to look at the possible successors. Agree that Henry is in pole position at the moment, but Steele and SHC would be next in line I imagine, though Hart is starting to show some form for Glasgow as well.

Laidlaw is 30 now and I would be surprised if he is still in possession of the shirt for the next WC

BigGee

Posts : 3027
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors, 2 April

Post by cakeordeath on Mon 04 Apr 2016, 12:44 pm

IanBru wrote:

On the Newcastle Falcons question, the current Lady Bru is a season ticket holder (we met at a RWC event at Kingston Park because of Niko's disallowed try against England),

Did you woe her with your lovely castrato voice?

cakeordeath

Posts : 1694
Join date : 2012-11-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors, 2 April

Post by RDW_Scotland on Mon 04 Apr 2016, 12:50 pm

cakeordeath wrote:
IanBru wrote:

On the Newcastle Falcons question, the current Lady Bru is a season ticket holder (we met at a RWC event at Kingston Park because of Niko's disallowed try against England),

Did you woe her with your lovely castrato voice?

Woe or Woo??

RDW_Scotland
Admin
Admin

Posts : 18887
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 29
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors, 2 April

Post by IanBru on Mon 04 Apr 2016, 12:54 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
cakeordeath wrote:
IanBru wrote:

On the Newcastle Falcons question, the current Lady Bru is a season ticket holder (we met at a RWC event at Kingston Park because of Niko's disallowed try against England),

Did you woe her with your lovely castrato voice?

Woe or Woo??
Both, depending on whether it's Talking Heads' 'Psycho Killer' or Mozart's 'Die Krönungsmesse'...

IanBru

Posts : 2301
Join date : 2011-04-30
Age : 28
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Re: Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors, 2 April

Post by cakeordeath on Mon 04 Apr 2016, 1:00 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
cakeordeath wrote:
IanBru wrote:

On the Newcastle Falcons question, the current Lady Bru is a season ticket holder (we met at a RWC event at Kingston Park because of Niko's disallowed try against England),

Did you woe her with your lovely castrato voice?

Woe or Woo??

Fat fingers on phone.....honest

cakeordeath

Posts : 1694
Join date : 2012-11-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors, 2 April

Post by funnyExiledScot on Mon 04 Apr 2016, 1:05 pm

IanBru wrote:Yeah, I liked Ben Whitehouse as a referee - he was pretty consistent, saw most things (even aware of what he couldn't see, at one point in open play asking the linesman to "Watch behind me."), and explained his interpretation to the players. I also think he retained control well - both sides were pumped up, but it never reached a point where a card was warranted.

On the Newcastle Falcons question, the current Lady Bru is a season ticket holder (we met at a RWC event at Kingston Park because of Niko's disallowed try against England), so I've been to a couple games in the last few months. Essentially Kingston Park is what Scotstoun could and should be - 10,400 capacity, but with land available to expand it further. Stands are close to the pitch, with good views. The bar area in the main stand is really excellent (beer choice a bit iffy though), but they also have a separate clubhouse and pub that's quite nice. In terms of atmosphere, it actually reminds me of Glasgow, but without the success. Lots of passion, a clear relationship between the supporters and the players, and some cracking banter.

I must say I hope Falcons stay up, but if they don't I might convince Lady Bru to buy a season ticket at Scotstoun...

That seems just a touch temporary. Is her status contingent on her agreeing to buy a season ticket at Scotstoun??

Agreed on Whitehouse. Whitehouse and Ian Davies are the best in the Pro12 that I've seen this year.

funnyExiledScot

Posts : 14469
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 35
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors, 2 April

Post by EST on Mon 04 Apr 2016, 3:19 pm

Good second half by the Warriors, Hogg is playing some unbelievable attacking rugby just now. How many games has he scored consecutively in, 4/5?

Regarding Big T, and as RDW mentioned a few posts ago, I don't understand why Glasgow don't use him to truck it up more often. I have watched as much of the Warriors as I can this season, and despite a few occasions there does seem a reluctance to actually get him the ball. In one passage in the second half, the ball went through virtually every GW player across the pitch without the final pass ever actually being given to the big fella. In the end he ended up following Pyrgos around looking for the ball. There is a danger of overusing somebody of his size, but I would love to see him take a simple crash ball at pace from Russell off a set piece

EST

Posts : 594
Join date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors, 2 April

Post by IanBru on Tue 05 Apr 2016, 4:08 pm

I should probably explain that I was attempting, poorly, to emulate the late great Terry Wogan, who throughout his broadcasting career referred to his wife (the same woman throughout) as 'the present Mrs Wogan'.

I then realised that I'd used the wrong word, and that the reference, however smart (or not), would only really be noticed by me...

More worrying perhaps, is that Ladu Bru (or as Jimbo refers to her, 'the Hagia Sophia') is threatening to covertly start an account on here and start posting. I'm becoming rather paranoid that she'll find my comments a couple years ago about Finn Russell being 'your mate's hot sister'.

IanBru

Posts : 2301
Join date : 2011-04-30
Age : 28
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Re: Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors, 2 April

Post by funnyExiledScot on Wed 06 Apr 2016, 9:58 am

laughing

Don't worry, I post obscure references on here all the time that are principally for my own amusement.

Never let the missus near 606v2. I tell Mrs fES that it is sacred, a line that must not be crossed.

funnyExiledScot

Posts : 14469
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 35
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors, 2 April

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:35 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum