The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time to give up on Kell Brook !!

+18
Steffan
Rowley
Valero's Conscience
Hammersmith harrier
TopHat24/7
AdamT
Mr Bounce
catchweight
wheelchair1991
Nico the gman
BoxingFan88
milkyboy
melv500
alanqlm
Coxy001
EX7EY
hazharrison
TRUSSMAN66
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Time to give up on Kell Brook !! - Page 2 Empty Time to give up on Kell Brook !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

Apparently these huge fights Hearn has in mind are...

A soon to be battered off Manny and already shop worn "Tim Bradley".......We all know Brook beats Bradley now let alone after he's trashed by Manny again........How can you have a huge fight with someone who is a big underdog in an upcoming fight ???????

Garcia ??...........Come on the guy was an over achiever at 140......How is he going to hurt Brook at 147 ?? and if he can't hurt him he sure as hell won't outbox him....One sided shellacking !!

Stop taking the P**s Eddie......Fans aren't stupid..............

But then again they are aren't they.... as Clev v Bellew 2 showed....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Time to give up on Kell Brook !! - Page 2 Empty Re: Time to give up on Kell Brook !!

Post by wheelchair1991 Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:03 pm

I think Hearn is still much better then Warren

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Time to give up on Kell Brook !! - Page 2 Empty Re: Time to give up on Kell Brook !!

Post by hazharrison Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:51 am

Looks like it could be.....drumroll....Liam Smith. Truss regards him as the light middleweight world champion.

I've also heard Lamont Peterson.

I thought this thread was a tad harsh when I first read it but Hearn is outdoing himself here.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:27 am

I was speaking to someone who was half way attached with/worked for Matchroom over the weekend and what he was saying is Bradley is the preferred choice. Said most of the name welters had been approached. Manny is insistent Bradley is his last fight and the likes of Thurman, Porter and Garcia had expressed little interest in travelling, at least one of them as a consequence of the more stringent drug testing over here than in the States. Obviously am not going to name names as to who specifically this applies to.

Bradley is the preferred choice because he is clean, and happy to prove it, and seems fairly willing to travel to make the fight happen. I can kind of see where Truss is coming from, but I guess a lot depends what he shows against Manny, a win and obviously securing him for Brook becomes a massive coup. However a loss unless it is a couple of round blowout or complete shut out should not preclude him as an opponent. Manny is at a level where a loss to him does not affect your standing too greatly amongst the best of the rest, even at this stage of his career.

It’s not time to give up on Brook just yet but his next fight simply has to be a decent one. As an aside will be interested to see what happens with his mandatory next time. Believe somebody said on here the other day it was Errol Spence, who looks more than decent. Do wonder if facing him will be quite as unavoidable as Dan and Bizier apparently proved to be.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:40 am

Errol Spence is a wildcard that the casual boxing fan would give Brook stick for, but Spence looks every bit the next star of the division although not tested.

If he beats Algeri in style then that would be a good back up, however high risk, low reward for Brook so can't see Hearn risking it.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:20 pm

Brook is a good prospect and just needs a bit more time to mature

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:23 pm

Steffan wrote:Brook is a good prospect and just needs a bit more time to mature
Yep and who knows he may get a world welterweight title as well, OOPS! forgot he already has one.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:14 pm

This Hearn bashing is quite bad y'know. Comparisons to Warren are completely unfounded.

Warren has had a grand total of 6 big name British boxers take him to court and sue him for various reasons. Burns, Hatton and Calzaghe being 3 of the more recent high profile ones.

How many have sued Hearn?

Lets then look at the career of Joe Calzaghe in the Warren days. Serving up such top contenders as Tocker Pudwil and Mario Veit as WBO title defenses. Lets consider Nathan Cleverley. Kuziemski. Karpency. He's renowned for plotting easy routes to the title for his fighters. See Amir Khan.

I think you'll also find that he was a huge reason for Sky dropping the PPV. For years his promotion numbers had been dwindling. His card quality was shocking (worse than you get now) and as such it left boxing on a precipice where Haye vs Harrison knocked it over (Hearn was backing Harrison, but had virtually no chance of saving it at that point thanks to Warren)

Now that PPV is back, he's not allowed anywhere near it. Yes, there are some bad Hearn cards. Each promoter has bad cards occasionally. I won't defend some of the PPV's he's put on. Thing is, they do numbers. Decent numbers. Sky happy numbers.

He's also secured some dangerous fights for his boxers, believing in them. On one hand you'll have Truss ripping into Hearn for sending Murray into Argentina to fight Martinez for a world title, but then being equally as critical for ensuring his fighter isn't ripped off by joke negotiations (Khan asking for 80/20 split vs Brook).

Hearn isn't a bad guy, he's not everyones cup of tea but he's a damn sight better than Warren. Just because Brook isn't able to command a strong position in his division (Thurman tied up, Bradley and Pacquiao happy to have another borefest, Garcia unknown over here etc.) this isn't Brook or Hearns fault. Remember also that the IBF are massively bothered now (after Lamont Petersons inactivity causing media speculation about corruption) about mandatories being met. Who better to face if nobody is around or playing nicely than the mandatory? It keeps the belt around the waist, the fighter active and the contracts with networks. At least he's not going after ranked 49 in the world and calling it a legitimate voluntary defense against a "strong challenger".

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:20 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:This Hearn bashing is quite bad y'know. Comparisons to Warren are completely unfounded.

Warren has had a grand total of 6 big name British boxers take him to court and sue him for various reasons. Burns, Hatton and Calzaghe being 3 of the more recent high profile ones.

How many have sued Hearn?

Lets then look at the career of Joe Calzaghe in the Warren days. Serving up such top contenders as Tocker Pudwil and Mario Veit as WBO title defenses. Lets consider Nathan Cleverley. Kuziemski. Karpency. He's renowned for plotting easy routes to the title for his fighters. See Amir Khan.

I think you'll also find that he was a huge reason for Sky dropping the PPV. For years his promotion numbers had been dwindling. His card quality was shocking (worse than you get now) and as such it left boxing on a precipice where Haye vs Harrison knocked it over (Hearn was backing Harrison, but had virtually no chance of saving it at that point thanks to Warren)

Now that PPV is back, he's not allowed anywhere near it. Yes, there are some bad Hearn cards. Each promoter has bad cards occasionally. I won't defend some of the PPV's he's put on. Thing is, they do numbers. Decent numbers. Sky happy numbers.

He's also secured some dangerous fights for his boxers, believing in them. On one hand you'll have Truss ripping into Hearn for sending Murray into Argentina to fight Martinez for a world title, but then being equally as critical for ensuring his fighter isn't ripped off by joke negotiations (Khan asking for 80/20 split vs Brook).

Hearn isn't a bad guy, he's not everyones cup of tea but he's a damn sight better than Warren. Just because Brook isn't able to command a strong position in his division (Thurman tied up, Bradley and Pacquiao happy to have another borefest, Garcia unknown over here etc.) this isn't Brook or Hearns fault. Remember also that the IBF are massively bothered now (after Lamont Petersons inactivity causing media speculation about corruption) about mandatories being met. Who better to face if nobody is around or playing nicely than the mandatory? It keeps the belt around the waist, the fighter active and the contracts with networks. At least he's not going after ranked 49 in the world and calling it a legitimate voluntary defense against a "strong challenger".
No-one knows who Charles Martin is either yet Hearn's managed to secure a massive fight for AJ. At least he could sell Garcia as a man who beat Amir Khan (someone British boxing fans have heard of).

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:27 pm

Heavyweight is a different matter though Dave - AJ is also unfortunately a bigger star name on his own than Kell Brook because of the division he fights in and the fact there's Fury, Haye etc. that are known better by "Sky Sports News" readers.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:46 am

Nobody said Hearn is bad for his fighters. On the contrary he is great for them. Mostly overmatched opponents and handsomely paid.

Porter aside, Brooks career has been a joke. Other than Carson Jones, I can't think off the top of my head Brook really struggling with anyone. At this rate he will be 60-0 and fought maybe a couple of elite fighters.

I'd pick Brook to knock Khan senseless, but Khan has fought far more decent names to his credit.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:24 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:Heavyweight is a different matter though Dave - AJ is also unfortunately a bigger star name on his own than Kell Brook because of the division he fights in and the fact there's Fury, Haye etc. that are known better by "Sky Sports News" readers.
As much to do with the Olympic medal as the division he fights in. Like I say, no axe to grind against AJ, I wish him well on Saturday and hope he doesn't walk onto anything silly but I do feel Brook is being treated unfairly. Arguably the best boxer Hearn has in his stable and seems to be pushed down the pecking order constantly

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:09 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:Heavyweight is a different matter though Dave - AJ is also unfortunately a bigger star name on his own than Kell Brook because of the division he fights in and the fact there's Fury, Haye etc. that are known better by "Sky Sports News" readers.

Don't think Kell ever recovered from those sparring wars...

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:35 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Don't think Kell ever recovered from those sparring wars...

It's been 4 or so years. Let it go. Even Truss has stopped.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:45 pm

Wow, so old I'd even totally forgotten about what joke SoF was making!

Though maybe he is just saw because Truss may have laid off the Jabby/Kell sparring jokes, but Soldier still can't comment on anything with Truss going on about Fatty Fielding.......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:56 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Don't think Kell ever recovered from those sparring wars...

Jab...you're dealing with a member here who still reverts to school boy style insults about sheep when trying to insult me. Maturity is not his strong point

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:10 pm

Bradley would be a good fight, Garcia stylistically is an easy fight for Brook. And doesn't seem to be the same fighter post mathysse

But good name and both upgrades from what he's fought

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:26 am

JabMachineMK2 wrote:

He's still feeling the effects of those jabs Laugh

TopHat24/7 wrote:Wow, so old I'd even totally forgotten about what joke SoF was making!

Though maybe he is just saw because Truss may have laid off the Jabby/Kell sparring jokes, but Soldier still can't comment on anything with Truss going on about Fatty Fielding.......

I can comment thankyou very much. Like I would give one regarding the opinion of some fat yank who loves his country so much he's been living in the UK for the past 15 years…………………..or any posters for that matter.

Steffan wrote:Jab...you're dealing with a member here who still reverts to school boy style insults about sheep when trying to insult me. Maturity is not his strong point

Hi Steffany

Time to give up on Kell Brook !! - Page 2 Funny-sheep-farmer-ginger

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:33 pm

KO-KING wrote:Bradley would be a good fight, Garcia stylistically is an easy fight for Brook. And doesn't seem to be the same fighter post mathysse

But good name and both upgrades from what he's fought
You'd struggle to find much worse

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:58 am

Simple solution is to fight Adrien Broner. About Billions just did a million views in his last fight. Broners escaped jail and loud, brash. Brook could make a lot of US fans if he beats Broner but it's a big if. Broner ain't no Algieri or Bizier.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:35 pm

Brook wipes the floor with Broner, it would be one way traffic and do nothing for his reputation.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:56 pm

Brook beats everyone at 147 for me..

Doesn't need protecting.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2