The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frampton v Selby possible for the Future

+3
wheelchair1991
TRUSSMAN66
catchweight
7 posters

Go down

Frampton v Selby possible for the Future Empty Frampton v Selby possible for the Future

Post by catchweight Sun 03 Apr 2016, 7:06 pm

The McGuigans have signed a deal with the Sanigars who manage Lee Selby and have spoken positively about the fight happening in the future. It looks like Frampton will be moving to featherweight, This would be another potentially great fight. Its great to see these options being opened up. Frampton along with Callum Smith for me are the two most exciting boxers we have domestically. Not just for the ability they have but also for the way their careers are moving and the options that are available for them. I think the McGuigans have done a really good job with Frampton in terms of making the right deals and opening up the right fights for him. They have been willing to work with pretty much anyone to make big fights happen.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Frampton v Selby possible for the Future Empty Re: Frampton v Selby possible for the Future

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 03 Apr 2016, 7:15 pm

Be surprised if it happens in the short term or at all......Selby struggles to sell and Frampton is coming off a stinker.....

If Frampo can't hurt him (Been the distance at "122" in his last few and Selby is bigger).. I can't see how he wins....

Selby reminds me of a poor man's Michael Nunn.......Accomplished but hard to market..

Mcguigan doesn't need him...I won't be paying for it unless its got a cracking undercard.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Frampton v Selby possible for the Future Empty Re: Frampton v Selby possible for the Future

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 03 Apr 2016, 7:23 pm

Can't see how Frampo wins this, looking forward to his fight with Santa Cruz

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 03 Apr 2016, 9:53 pm

I'm a Frampton man, but only one winner in this fight. Selby is real quality.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 03 Apr 2016, 10:29 pm

I think Frampton beats him. Selby isn't great defensively and struggled with Montiel (and so size shouldn't hinder Frampton). Obviously he's pretty bloody good going forward but Frampton is the cleverer of the two and can win a decision.

Good fight, though. All sorts of good fights to be made at 126.

Last edited by hazharrison on Mon 04 Apr 2016, 6:31 am; edited 1 time in total

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 03 Apr 2016, 10:38 pm

I still think Selby is a bit smart. I know it's only 4 pounds, but I'm not sure Frampton will be as good at 126. Hope I'm wrong.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 04 Apr 2016, 7:25 pm

Selby wins this by a wide points margin

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 05 Apr 2016, 1:04 pm

I would fancy Selby at the moment but if both struggle with big fights i would put both an event as a main and co-main event and sell it that way to make the fight bigger.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down