The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zebre vs Glasgow Warriors Fri 8th April - Pro12

+15
TJ
NeilyBroon
jimbopip
demosthenes
cakeordeath
Hazel Sapling
A Simply Mesmeric Try
EST
Nematode
R!skysports
BigGee
funnyExiledScot
RDW
George Carlin
EWT Spoons
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Zebre vs Glasgow Warriors Fri 8th April - Pro12 Empty Zebre vs Glasgow Warriors Fri 8th April - Pro12

Post by EWT Spoons Mon 4 Apr - 8:10

Zebre Rugby   v   Glasgow Warriors
Friday 8th April 2016, KO 19:30 (local time) 18.30 GMT
Stadio Sergio Lanfranchi, Parma
RAI Sports 2- RAI

Zebre
Last 3 Matches
1/4/16 Edinburgh 29 - 0 Zebre
25/3/16 Munster 47 - 0 Zebre
4/3/16 Ulster 32 - 0 Zebre

Glasgow
Last 3 Matches
2/4/16 Treviso 16 - 38 Glasgow
25/3/16 Glasgow 27 - 17 Ulster
18/3/16 Glasgow 12 - 6 Leinster

Teams
Zebre
TBC

Glasgow
TBC

Last edited by EWT Spoons on Fri 8 Apr - 8:16; edited 1 time in total

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Zebre vs Glasgow Warriors Fri 8th April - Pro12 Empty Re: Zebre vs Glasgow Warriors Fri 8th April - Pro12

Post by George Carlin Mon 4 Apr - 10:11

I wonder who will win this one?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Zebre vs Glasgow Warriors Fri 8th April - Pro12 Empty Re: Zebre vs Glasgow Warriors Fri 8th April - Pro12

Post by RDW Mon 4 Apr - 10:18

I dunno, look how badly Edinburgh struggled against them....and that was absolutely nothing to do with Edinburgh currently being utterly rank awful.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 4 Apr - 10:38

I think this will be close for about 3 minutes then I see Glasgow pulling away.

Edinburgh were utterly awful on Friday and won 29-0. Bortolami is unhinged so I'd suggest winding him up, and don't worry about penalties within kicking range, Haimona makes Kenny Logan look like a marksman. Just keep hold of the ball (Edinburgh made this look extremely difficult) and go through the phases. After phase 4 the Zebre defence unravels. Michael Allan looked handy against them so Mark Bennett should see this as a perfect chance to boost confidence.

I think Glasgow by 40 points, with 4 tries in the bag by half time.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 4 Apr - 11:08

Did I mention that I am going to this match?

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 4 Apr - 11:15

BigGee wrote:Did I mention that I am going to this match?

Nope. But RDW recently got married and there are rumours afoot of Phil Vickery's imminent retirement.....

What's it like out there? Here in Edinburgh it is cold and wet, with Edinburgh Castle invisible from Charlotte Square due to mist. Bet it's rubbish in Italy....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 4 Apr - 11:25

funnyExiledScot wrote:

Nope. But RDW recently got married and there are rumours afoot of Phil Vickery's imminent retirement.....

What's it like out there? Here in Edinburgh it is cold and wet, with Edinburgh Castle invisible from Charlotte Square due to mist. Bet it's rubbish in Italy....

Unfortunately I am still in London, with two night shifts to get through before leaving on Thursday morning.

It is nice and sunny here though and reports from Italy look good weather wise, The Warriors were tweating pictures of themselves wandering around Venice yesterday sporting T-shirts and sun glasses. Two of the kids are in Florence today and it is forecast mid 20's, I could live with that!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 4 Apr - 11:28

BigGee wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

Unfortunately I am still in London, with two night shifts to get through before leaving on Thursday morning.

It is nice and sunny here though and reports from Italy look good weather wise, The Warriors were tweating pictures of themselves wandering around Venice yesterday sporting T-shirts and sun glasses. Two of the kids are in Florence today and it is forecast mid 20's, I could live with that!
24 degrees in Dubai. Still winter weather, you see.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 4 Apr - 11:32

George Carlin wrote:
BigGee wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

Yes and no danger of dying of Florentine syndrome as well, which for the medically uninitiated of you, is where tourist get of the train in Florence and are so overwhelmed by the beauty of the place that the immediately drop dead! There are allegedly some actual cases of this!

I am happy to take my chances!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 4 Apr - 11:32

George Carlin wrote:
BigGee wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

I don't know how you put up with that kind of winter quite frankly - must be a real struggle!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Mon 4 Apr - 12:07

I think the only danger is if we go into this thinking it is won and bonus pointed up before we go in

Give them the ball in broken play and they will run and could score an odd one or two

They had enough practice last week with the the Prawn Sand-which brigade giving them the ball to play with

If we go in professional, then there should not be an issue

Can I also point out - I do not think I have every felt so depressed watching a Scottish team than I did watching Edinburgh last weekend playing rugby schoolkid touch flop ball

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Mon 4 Apr - 15:24

Glasgow really need to use this game to sharpen up, particularly in the set piece. Zebre may be the worst team in the league but their scrum (legal or not) didn't look too troubled by D-F-N and they were stuffy defensively.

I'd like to see Glasgow methodically take Zebre apart and just dominate the game with accuracy. Doesn't have to go far past the 4 try BP but I'd like to see driving mauls converted into tries first time. Also would be good to see the scrum dominate.

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Mon 4 Apr - 15:28

I did a double take when I looked at Zebre's recent results. Not a single point scored in the last three games?

As I am bored at work, here is a stab at a 23:

1. Djustice
2. McArthur
3. Fagerson
4. Peterson
5. Nakarawa
6. Harley
7. Holmes
8. Wilson

9. Pyrgos
10. Meatball
11. Seymour
12. Dunbar
13. Bennett
14. Big T
15. G.Bryce

16. Jerry Y
17. Brown
18. Puafisi
19. Swinson
20. Ashe
21. Hart
22. Horne
23. Selkirk Pixie

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Mon 4 Apr - 17:04

EST wrote:I did a double take when I looked at Zebre's recent results.  Not a single point scored in the last three games?

They've been nilled 5 times this season, and won 4... With these kind of results, no wonder Bortolami is losing it.

Cardiff Blues 61 - 13 Zebre Rugby
Newport Gwent Dragons 13 - 0 Zebre Rugby
Zebre Rugby 8 - 20 Scarlets
Connacht Rugby 34 - 15 Zebre Rugby
Zebre Rugby 19 - 11 Edinburgh Rugby
Zebre Rugby 26 - 15 Cardiff Blues
Ospreys 36 - 3 Zebre Rugby
Scarlets 20 - 12 Zebre Rugby
Zebre Rugby 22 - 39 Ospreys
Zebre Rugby 28 - 25 Benetton Treviso
Benetton Treviso 8 - 18 Zebre Rugby
Zebre Rugby 12 - 16 Munster Rugby
Leinster Rugby 52 - 0 Zebre Rugby
Zebre Rugby 34 - 51 Connacht Rugby
Zebre Rugby 10 - 27 Leinster Rugby
Ulster Rugby 32 - 0 Zebre Rugby
Munster Rugby 47 - 0 Zebre Rugby
Edinburgh Rugby 29 - 0 Zebre Rugby

Zebre Rugby  v   Glasgow Warriors
Zebre Rugby  v   Ulster Rugby
Glasgow Warriors  v   Zebre Rugby
Zebre Rugby  v   Newport Gwent Dragons

Last edited by A Simply Mesmeric Try on Mon 4 Apr - 17:36; edited 1 time in total
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Mon 4 Apr - 17:07

A Simply Mesmeric Try wrote:
EST wrote:I did a double take when I looked at Zebre's recent results.  Not a single point scored in the last three games?

They've been nilled 5 times this season, and won 4... With these kind of results, no wonder Bortolami is losing it.

Cardiff Blues 61 - 13 Zebre Rugby
Newport Gwent Dragons 13 - 0 Zebre Rugby
Zebre Rugby 8 - 20 Scarlets
Connacht Rugby 34 - 15 Zebre Rugby
Zebre Rugby 19 - 11 Edinburgh Rugby
Zebre Rugby 26 - 15 Cardiff Blues
Ospreys 36 - 3 Zebre Rugby
Scarlets 20 - 12 Zebre Rugby
Zebre Rugby 22 - 39 Ospreys
Zebre Rugby 28 - 25 Benetton Treviso
Benetton Treviso 8 - 18 Zebre Rugby
Zebre Rugby 12 - 16 Munster Rugby
Leinster Rugby 52 - 0 Zebre Rugby
Zebre Rugby 34 - 51 Connacht Rugby
Zebre Rugby 10 - 27 Leinster Rugby
Ulster Rugby 32 - 0 Zebre Rugby
Munster Rugby 47 - 0 Zebre Rugby
Edinburgh Rugby 29 - 0 Zebre Rugby

They do not travel well do they?

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 4 Apr - 17:07

The above makes it even more embarrasing that Edinburgh took until the last play of the game to get a 4 try BP.

Not to mention the fact that we've lost to them this season.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Mon 4 Apr - 17:14

In the last six games alone, Zebre have conceded 228 point and scored 44. They scored all 44 points at home and scored none away.

Are they going to change their coach any time soon?
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Mon 4 Apr - 18:27

1. Djustice
2. McArthur
3. Fagerson
4. Peterson
5. Nakarawa
6. Harley
7. Holmes
8. Wilson

9. Pyrgos
10. Meatball
11. Seymour
12. Dunbar
13. Bennett
14. Big T
15. G.Bryce

16. Jerry Y
17. Brown
18. Puafisi
19. Swinson
20. Ashe
21. Hart
22. Horne
23. Selkirk Pixie

Like it. Only changes for me would be Rae instead of Puafisi and Price either starting or benching.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Mon 4 Apr - 20:46

Hazel Sapling wrote:

1. Djustice
2. McArthur
3. Fagerson
4. Peterson
5. Nakarawa
6. Harley
7. Holmes
8. Wilson

9. Pyrgos
10. Meatball
11. Seymour
12. Dunbar
13. Bennett
14. Big T
15. G.Bryce

16. Jerry Y
17. Brown
18. Puafisi
19. Swinson
20. Ashe
21. Hart
22. Horne
23. Selkirk Pixie

Like it. Only changes for me would be Rae instead of Puafisi and Price either starting or benching.  

No problem with either of those changes, Sapling. I like Price, and he is forcing Hart to up his game. It would be good to see bit more of Rae as well. Despite the scrums he was involved in last week winning some penalties, I thought he was given a bit of a going over, but he has hardly any pro experience yet.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 6 Apr - 17:55

Is there no beginning to the tension for this game? It appears not. Tumbleweed
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Thu 7 Apr - 9:32

George Carlin wrote:Is there no beginning to the tension for this game? It appears not. Tumbleweed

Well Zebre have been truly woeful away and will likely get their first points in 3 games against Glasgow kicking a penalty. They have been a lot better at home, however anything beyond a Glasgow win is pretty hard to imagine with the depth and quality of the squads on show. Line-up out at noon.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Thu 7 Apr - 9:34

I am mildly enthused. Wish it was on TV though

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 7 Apr - 9:36

The game is being streamed live

https://twitter.com/ZebreRugby/status/717601956097822720

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by demosthenes Thu 7 Apr - 9:41

RDW_Scotland wrote:The game is being streamed live

https://twitter.com/ZebreRugby/status/717601956097822720

As has been mentioned on another thread, you need an Italian IP address to access that, or a proxy VPN (or some such techno-thingy).  And the way round - something called Hola -  appears to be somewhat dodgy, according to some reports.

demosthenes

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Thu 7 Apr - 11:22

I think Hola is fine as it's just a chrome extension. That said I tried to check if the channel worked when I set up the thread and whilst I can get the main tv channel, I struggled with the sport ones.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by demosthenes Thu 7 Apr - 11:31

EWT Spoons wrote:I think Hola is fine as it's just a chrome extension.  That said I tried to check if the channel worked when I set up the thread and whilst I can get the main tv channel, I struggled with the sport ones.

I understood that Hola was implicated in a bot-net, using users computers to mount attacks on websites?  At least according to various reports.

demosthenes

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Thu 7 Apr - 11:44

I'll be honest I've not done a huge amount of research on hola, you could very well be right. I was just pointing out that it's available as Chrome extension so seems fairly legit (i.e not a dodgy website streaming content).

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 7 Apr - 12:00

Glasgow Warriors team to play Zebre on Friday 8 April at Stadio Sergio Lanfranchi, kick-off 6.30pm UK time, updates on Twitter @GlasgowWarriors:
15. Glenn Bryce
14. Taqele Naiyaravoro
13. Alex Dunbar
12. Peter Horne
11. Tommy Seymour
10. Duncan Weir
9. Ali Price

1. Gordon Reid
2. Fraser Brown
3. Sila Puafisi
4. Leone Nakarawa
5. Jonny Gray (Captain)
6. Rob Harley
7. Simone Favaro
8. Ryan Wilson

Replacements

16. Pat MacArthur
17. Jerry Yanuyanutawa
18. Zander Fagerson
19. Greg Peterson
20. Adam Ashe
21. Henry Pyrgos
22. Finn Russell
23. Mark Bennett

Not available due to injury: Alex Allan (concussion), Mike Blair (concussion), Kevin Bryce (shoulder), Rory Clegg (quad), James Eddie (shoulder), Chris Fusaro (concussion), Ryan Grant (arm), Lee Jones (concussion), Peter Murchie (concussion), Fergus Scott (shoulder) and Richie Vernon (shoulder)

5 players out with concussion - that's a worrying figure!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 7 Apr - 12:22

1. Shrek
2. Brown
3. Puafisi
Fast becoming the go to front row

4. Flagball
5 Ickle Jonny
6. Tackle Monster
7. The Legend That Is Simone
8. Batman
Plenty of grunt in that back 5, and plenty of ball carrying too
9.Price
10 Meatball

11. Tennessee Tam
12. Furra Linnee
13. Pudding Dunbar
14. Big T Why? Defensively he did nothing last week and offensively he turns the ball over twice as often as anyone else.
15. Bryce.
Here's an interesting point: we seem to be struggling to find a settled 12-13 pairing, this time last season it was Horne-Vernon. We really are missing Richie V

16. WeePee
17.The much Improved Jerry
18. Ragnar The Mental
19. Oscar Peterson
20.Henners
21. Dancer
22. angel

I think it's a five pointer. Very Happy

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Thu 7 Apr - 12:49

Fagerson seems to have fallen down the pecking order which is fair enough but bad for Scotland. Would have liked him and Rae to get some more game time on this trip.

Happy with that line up overall. Hogg got a week off in Italy to prepare him for the Scarlets game. Really like having Horne as the 12 when Weir is at 10 for the additional playmaking (Edinburgh have Burleigh for that role). That bench should be impactful if the game is remotely close at an hour gone. All in all, it is a shame it is not available on TV. Don't understand why BBC Alba could not agree a deal unless they were asking for more than a few fried Mars bar's. There is enough attacking talent there to get the 5 pointer.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Thu 7 Apr - 12:57

I thought Tyrone Holmes might have got a shot @ 7 for this one.

If he isn't getting gametime, a loan to Edinburgh to play at 6 could be effective. It would give Du Preez a break if Bradbury started @ 8.

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Fri 8 Apr - 8:17

Link to RAI Sport 2 site included in the preview.....and here

http://www.raisport.rai.it/dl/raiSport/dirette/ContentItem-983d0874-1718-4e58-952a-1615517c8e83.html

It's the official website of the tv company so I can't imagine there is any issue posting it here

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 8 Apr - 8:24

A slightly overcast day here in Parma, which is a very fine city by the way and we'll worth a visit, chance of a bit of rain as well but hopefully clearing up by the evening.

Two types of culture on the agenda for today. One involving paintings and sculpture and the other involving 30 sweaty bloks chasing an egg shaped ball around a grass pitch.

I wonder what the rensisance masters would have made of that!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Fri 8 Apr - 9:22

EWT Spoons wrote:Link to RAI Sport 2 site included in the preview.....and here

http://www.raisport.rai.it/dl/raiSport/dirette/ContentItem-983d0874-1718-4e58-952a-1615517c8e83.html

It's the official website of the tv company so I can't imagine there is any issue posting it here

I checked, it's only available in Italy... there are ways however.....

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Fri 8 Apr - 9:47

NeilyBroon wrote:
EWT Spoons wrote:Link to RAI Sport 2 site included in the preview.....and here

I checked, it's only available in Italy... there are ways however.....

If you can get it to work then please share, I used a chrome extension mentioned earlier in this thread and sadly i can't get the sport 2 page to actually play anything, it just stays on the loading page. I can watch the rest of RAI's output, but not the channel showing the game.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 8 Apr - 10:35

Strong Glasgow team. Wilson and Weir are obviously in there to give Zebre hope.

Hopefully Big T turns up for this one. I thought he'd do well in these two fixtures and bully his way over the line a few times. He didn't bother against Treviso so hopefully he shows up here. Horne at 12 is a good shout - playing well and has the skills to get others into the game.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 8 Apr - 12:02

Interesting contrast with Solomans in that Toonie has made 9, yes 9, changes to the team that beat Treviso. Obviously people are being rested, but others are fighting for a place in the team. The Luvvies pack must be crying themselves to sleep every night wondering when they'll ever get a rest.

Mind you Sila Puafisi is about to make his 20th consecutive appearance for Glasgow Shocked Who'da thunk it at the start of the season?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Fri 8 Apr - 12:54

It's disappointing Sam Johnson isn't starting - I reckon he's Glasgow's most underrated player and this could be a great game for him.

Is he really 100kg though?

http://www.glasgowwarriors.org/glasgow-warriors/player/sam-johnson

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Fri 8 Apr - 14:55

jimbopip wrote:Interesting contrast with Solomans in that Toonie has made 9, yes 9, changes to the team that beat Treviso. Obviously people are being rested, but others are fighting for a place in the team. The Luvvies pack must be crying themselves to sleep every night wondering when they'll ever get a rest.

Mind you Sila Puafisi is about to make his 20th consecutive appearance for Glasgow Shocked Who'da thunk it at the start of the season?

Puafisi has quietly made himself indepsensable to this Glasgow team. He had a less than stellar start to his career at the Warriors, and didn't come with a glowing reputation from Gloucester, but he has knuckled down and improved along with the scrum in general.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 8 Apr - 17:32

A certain well known streaming website (you have to be a VIP to see it, you know, not on your Box or TV) has a link set up so will be interesting to see if that works.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 8 Apr - 18:33

RDW_Scotland wrote:A certain well known streaming website (you have to be a VIP to see it, you know, not on your Box or TV) has a link set up so will be interesting to see if that works.

The link works!

I await the barrage of requests...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 8 Apr - 18:37

5-0 Zebre after a clever kick putting Glasgow under pressure

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Fri 8 Apr - 18:37

Indeed it does. However the opening 5 mins makes me wish it didnt

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 8 Apr - 18:42

Glasgow doing all they can not to score just now!

Two clear chances blown

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 8 Apr - 18:47

Glasgow look like they've been enjoying too many ice creams this week - not very coherent at all.

Suppose that's what happens with so many changes every week!

At least Edinburgh are consistent - consistently terrible...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 8 Apr - 18:52

7-7 Glasgow after sustained pressure

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 8 Apr - 18:54

Sarto is having a good game against his future employers!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 8 Apr - 18:56

14-7 The All Blacks Zebre after a cracking try!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Senlac Fri 8 Apr - 19:02

Apparently I haven't reached the post limit yet for sending private messages! Sad

Can someone (looking lovingly at you RDW) send me the link?

*puppy eyes*
Senlac
Senlac

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Fri 8 Apr - 19:02

Senlac wrote:Apparently I haven't reached the post limit yet for sending private messages! Sad

Can someone (looking lovingly at you RDW) send me the link?

*puppy eyes*

YGM

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next