The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are There Any Players Worth Disussing Other Than Djokovic

+4
Jahu
socal1976
temporary21
Haddie-nuff
8 posters

Go down

Are There Any Players Worth Disussing Other Than Djokovic Empty Are There Any Players Worth Disussing Other Than Djokovic

Post by Haddie-nuff Thu 07 Apr 2016, 6:00 pm

Lets face it he does need opponents or are they about to throw the towel in !!!!
Wake me up at the end of 2016 in which case... yawn

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Are There Any Players Worth Disussing Other Than Djokovic Empty Re: Are There Any Players Worth Disussing Other Than Djokovic

Post by temporary21 Thu 07 Apr 2016, 6:05 pm

Thats what happens when you dismiss two legends like water on a dam, theres gonna be a real gap while the rest get enough experience and time to be good enough.
Still little Nicky, Theim and Zverev are fascinating to watch

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Are There Any Players Worth Disussing Other Than Djokovic Empty Re: Are There Any Players Worth Disussing Other Than Djokovic

Post by Haddie-nuff Thu 07 Apr 2016, 6:11 pm

I understand that but I think enough threads have been dedicated to our reigning champion without having to indulge his fans on every one of them
I agree with what you have said above and though I am not a fan of him as a person I do like Kryigos tennis (pardon the spelling).. I wish he would get his act together because I think he could make a real difference.

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Thu 07 Apr 2016, 6:14 pm

Well, Federers knee might be still ok... but hes gonna be rusty, and he needs to be 110%. Murray and rafa arent there right now.
My suggestion is to take a long look at Theim, he looks the business.

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Apr 2016, 6:20 pm

Another thread discussing Djokovic. I thought you wanted more discussion on someone other than Djokovic, but now I see it is a lament for the lamentable opposition to Djokovic. Djokovic is too good for his opposition at the moment. But this is how records are to be broken. Everyone gets excited when there is a possibility of a non calendar year grand slam, which Djokovic has the opportunity of doing in May. But for it to happen you need a situation when there is one dominant force.

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Thu 07 Apr 2016, 6:25 pm

True but he is going to have to raise his game a little more.
Rafa/Fed/Murray have all got their issues and I cannot see anyone on the
horizon that is pressurising
I will say that Goffin raised my hopes in that first set he played in Miami.
He like Dolgopolov did once before had the 'balls' to take their game to Novak
and I believe it would have paid of if they could have sustained it.
It is going to need a player courageous enough to make the necessary changes
to their game.. but cannot see it in the short term.

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Thu 07 Apr 2016, 6:26 pm

Nore Staat wrote:Another thread discussing Djokovic.  I thought you wanted more discussion on someone other than Djokovic, but now I see it is a lament for the lamentable opposition to Djokovic.  Djokovic is too good for his opposition at the moment.  But this is how records are to be broken.  Everyone gets excited when there is a possibility of a non calendar year grand slam, which Djokovic has the opportunity of doing in May.  But for it to happen you need a situation when there is one dominant force.

Headscratch

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Thu 07 Apr 2016, 6:27 pm

I agree we need to do less threads on the sheer wonderfulness of the Serbanator

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Thu 07 Apr 2016, 6:33 pm

picard so sad

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Thu 07 Apr 2016, 7:11 pm

Djoko sucks btw and owes $60M to his country, which charges 20% Tax on Sports income, earned $100M prize money and assuming $200M sponsorships.

He is no better then Cameron's father Laugh
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Thu 07 Apr 2016, 7:13 pm

socal1976 wrote:I agree we need to do less threads on the sheer wonderfulness of the Serbanator

SerbInator not Serbanator.

Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Thu 07 Apr 2016, 8:13 pm

Jahu wrote:Djoko sucks btw and owes $60M to his country, which charges 20% Tax on Sports income, earned $100M prize money and assuming $200M sponsorships.

Well by your calculation Federer owes Switzerland a lot more, do you think he might "live" lol in Dubai for the tax rates or he just loves falafel, sandstorms, and 50 plus degree summers.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Thu 07 Apr 2016, 11:11 pm

Fed is resident of Bottmingen, Switzerland and not Dubai.

http://www.forbes.com/2008/07/18/federer-tax-switzerland-markets-face-cx_ll_0718autofacescan02.html

Basel-Land Tax is approx 4.6% over CHF1M income a year which Fed surely surpasses and you get no tax breaks for being a certain number of days out of the country, same way as Andy Murray stays in Miami a few months to lessen his taxes in UK.

Jelena Jakovic is based in Dubai.

Ana Ivanovic is based on Bern, CH.

Monaco: Novak Djokovic , the Czech Republic’s Petra Kvitova , Tomas Berdych  and Lucie Safarova ; Canada’s Milos Raonic ; Denmark’s Caroline Wozniacki ; Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov ; and Ukraine’s Alexandr Dolgopolov.

Floridan no-income tax:
Serena and Venus Williams, John Isner, Maria Sharapova, Kei Nishikori, Mike and Bob Bryan

Do you get the vibe of these tax avoiding patriots who hide behind a few thousand $ a year charity crap for their countries.

socal Mr.Lawyer, are you gonna "lawyer me up"?

Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Fri 08 Apr 2016, 8:30 am

Well that changed the subject at any rate..
There is hope for 606 yet Wink

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Fri 08 Apr 2016, 1:02 pm

Jahu wrote:Djoko sucks btw and owes $60M to his country, which charges 20% Tax on Sports income, earned $100M prize money and assuming $200M sponsorships.

Do you have any evidence that he owes that money to Serbia though? As a resident of Monaco he presumably isn't obliged to pay tax in Serbia? Consequently, he doesn't actually owe any monies. If you don't have any evidence that he actually owes money (and I can't see any suggestion that the Serbian tax authorities are after him from a quick review), then constantly accusing him of owing millions in tax is defamatory and each and every time you do it the moderators should delete your post.

If instead you just think that, morally, he should pay tax in Serbia because that is his place of birth then that's a different issue and should be worded accordingly.

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Apr 2016, 1:07 pm

Haddie-nuff wrote:Well that changed the subject at any rate..
There is hope for 606 yet Wink

It won't....

The forum was first dominated by Federer...then Nadal...then Murray and now Djokovic!

It's a weak era thing Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Fri 08 Apr 2016, 1:08 pm

I am no expert in Swiss tax law but my understanding is that Fed doesn't actually reside in Bottmingen, Basel. In fact, he lives in Wollerau - which is, from a brief review, the canton with the lowest tax rates in Switzerland - around 11% income tax.

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Fri 08 Apr 2016, 1:18 pm

People aren't obliged to pay the highest possible tax band out if social responsibility... More than that, Monte Carlo is a luxurious place often sight after by the super rich anyway.

We might also want to renember the difference between tax avoidance, and tax evasion here too

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Fri 08 Apr 2016, 1:51 pm

BS exactly, so he is domiciled in Monaco to avoid paying taxes to his country.

I bet he is in Monaco 3 weeks a year, including 2 weeks for MC and 1 week to pay his tax consultants and fees for Private Bankers.

So word it as you wish, he morally and hard cash owes that much to his country.

Wollerau is a municipality in Höfe District in the canton of Schwyz.

Schwyz tax example:

Taxable income CHF 500,000
Simple tax (3.65 % of CHF 500,000)
Tax burden = CHF 18,250

Cantonal, district, municipal and church tax: CHF 38,325

Total excl. federal tax 7,7 %.

Federal Tax is average of extra 6%.

Avoiding taxes is legal, evasion is not, so Djoko for now is just a tax avoiding git who plays the charity guy once a year with the money he spends on dinners with Bankers to pretend he cares for his country.

Now instead of throwing words like defamation etc, you should say that Djoko should donate 50% of Taxes he saves annually to serbian charities and stop Slipping since you got Born Laugh
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 08 Apr 2016, 2:43 pm

temporary21 wrote:People aren't obliged to pay the highest possible tax band out if social responsibility...  More than that, Monte Carlo is a luxurious place often sight after by the super rich anyway.

We might also want to renember the difference between tax avoidance, and tax evasion here too
This is very true. I think someone came a cropper on the forum quite recently for getting those confused.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Fri 08 Apr 2016, 2:55 pm

I'm increasingly confused how we reached a point where people legally reducing the tax they pay is seen as wrong but a majority of households claiming more from the State than they contribute is fine.

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Fri 08 Apr 2016, 3:23 pm

We've got people having a go at Cameron for owning shares in a hedge fund as though it's sonehow illegal. I'm no DC fan but are people really surprised that a rich man on a rich family has one?

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Fri 08 Apr 2016, 4:54 pm

I can remember starting a thread here on 606v2 about one of Nadal's achievements and being told that any discussion about Nadal's achievements must be limited in future to the "GOAT" sticky thread. Maybe a similar sticky thread should be made to discuss Djokovic's achievements? It does appear that over excited Novak fans are producing countless threads in an attempt to prove his "greatness". Only one is needed.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Fri 08 Apr 2016, 5:33 pm

hawkeye wrote:I can remember starting a thread here on 606v2 about one of Nadal's achievements and being told that any discussion about Nadal's achievements must be limited in future to the "GOAT" sticky thread. Maybe a similar sticky thread should be made to discuss Djokovic's achievements? It does appear that over excited Novak fans are producing countless threads in an attempt to prove his "greatness". Only one is needed.

The Hawkeye Unintentional comedy tour continues to roll on. HE I have to hand it to you, you are the greatest source of unintentional comedy since the Bush Administration. When I read your posts I sometimes think of Don Rumsfeld defense department press conferences during the Bush Administration. So far these last few days Emanci, Haddie, HB, and I have each done one post with Djokovic's name on it. Are you suggesting that Emanci, Haddie, and HB are Djokovic fans. If they are then it is news to everyone who currently resides on planet Earth as opposed to Hawkeyeland.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Fri 08 Apr 2016, 5:44 pm

PS I just did my second thread sort of on Djokovic

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Fri 08 Apr 2016, 7:57 pm

As I am the OP of this thread and the title is Any Players Worth Discussing Other than THE ONE AND ONLY... would you kindly oblige by not bringing the topic down to your level and take your thrashing of a dead donkey somewhere else.... with respect of course Wink

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Apr 2016, 8:16 pm

What happened to Novac Djokovics brother?  Novac reckoned his brother was a better tennis player than himself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Fri 08 Apr 2016, 10:55 pm

Yes, that was before Djoko quit the magic gluten, then he remembered he is better than his brother after all, and never mentioned him again.

Older brothers are not very kind.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat 09 Apr 2016, 6:32 am

Isnt one enough Rolling Eyes
Couldn't stand a double dose of Djokovic Worshipping on here vomit

Last edited by Haddie-nuff on Sat 09 Apr 2016, 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down