The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Federer talks about Nadal's extraordinary natural talent

4 posters

Go down

Federer talks about Nadal's extraordinary natural talent Empty Federer talks about Nadal's extraordinary natural talent

Post by hawkeye Sat 09 Apr 2016, 8:50 am

Roger Federer has given a startlingly open and honest interview discussing Rafa Nadal's extraordinary natural talent.

The Swiss legend spoke to France's Tennis Magazine about his natural talent, and how he is convinced that he never had the same sort of innate skills as legends such as Martina Hingis, Tiger Woods - or Nadal.

"I have a lot of talent but not like Tiger Woods, Rafael Nadal and Martina Hingis," said the 34-year-old.

Federer apparently realised immediately upon first playing Nadal that he was up against a very special opponent.

"It was clear that the Spaniard would become the number one already in very competitive times," he added, before expanding on his thoughts about how he doesn't feel like one of sport's greats.

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/tennis/federer-i-knew-from-the-start-that-nadal-would-become-better-than-me_sto5323207/story.shtml

Don't think we have this here Smile

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Federer talks about Nadal's extraordinary natural talent Empty Re: Federer talks about Nadal's extraordinary natural talent

Post by Guest Sat 09 Apr 2016, 10:02 am

It's been done. Not sure there is anything more to add:
https://www.606v2.com/t62501-federer-on-nadal

Back to top Go down

Federer talks about Nadal's extraordinary natural talent Empty Re: Federer talks about Nadal's extraordinary natural talent

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat 09 Apr 2016, 11:46 am

Oh I wouldn't say that.. there must be plenty to add if you are either Anti-Nadal or a follower of the currently proclaimed GOAT Smile

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat 14 May 2016, 4:04 pm

Haddie-nuff wrote:Oh I wouldn't say that.. there must be plenty to add if you are either Anti-Nadal or a follower of the  currently proclaimed GOAT Smile

You mean the one that Laver is now proclaiming from the rooftops. Laugh

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Sat 14 May 2016, 5:51 pm

All part of a never-ending merry-go-round.

It's not that far back when someone quoted words from Rafa's biog in which he (Rafa) said he wasn't really in the same league as Federer where natural talent was concerned - or something similar.

Now we have Fed saying the same about Rafa.

And just in case that's not confusing enough ......check out these words, from the preface to the recently published tome "Rod Laver: an Autiobiography", penned by er ...... none other than a certain R.Federer :

'From my earliest tennis memories, Rod Laver stood above all others as the greatest champion our sport has known.'

There you go !

You pays yer money and takes yer choice Headscratch

As the old quip goes .......
Q. Which is the best Grand Slam ?
A. The one where you're making the victory speech.

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down