The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AJ versus Fury deja vu - are we all making the same mistakes again...??

+18
TRUSSMAN66
compelling and rich
catchweight
djlovesyou
Qoxiivi
hazharrison
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
Lance
EX7EY
armchairwarrior
BoxingFan88
Hammersmith harrier
smashingstormcrow
kingraf
Steffan
Scottrf
AdamT
TopHat24/7
22 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

AJ versus Fury deja vu - are we all making the same mistakes again...?? - Page 4 Empty AJ versus Fury deja vu - are we all making the same mistakes again...??

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 11 Apr 2016, 12:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

Last time Fury fought a 6'6" lean muscled hard-hitting world champion, mine, and most peoples', analyis was set out something like this:

Wlad advantages:

Power
Fitness
Strength
Handspeed
Footspeed (for someone so big)

Fury advantages:

Height/Reach
Recovery powers

Now we're talking about him fighting another, albeit much greener, one and once again everyone is producing pretty much the same analysis. If/when they do fight, is Fury not going to mug us all off again?

There are still Q's over AJ's stamina (which don't seem to be there for the pudgier Fury), Fury showed versus Wlad that his ungainly style is actually quite effective in terms of movement as opposed to AJ's still slightly stiff stance, the heigh/reach advantage could still really tell and, finally, Fury doesn't look like he gets rattled and will be all confidence & bravado to unsettle the young challenger.

On the flip side, AJ's seems to have the killer instinct in spades which Wlad clearly didnt, will likely maintain higher output than Wlad did and seems happy to take a shot (when you consider Fury doesn't hit that hard).

So, what does everyone think, are we under-estimating Fury (again)?

Fool me once.......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

AJ versus Fury deja vu - are we all making the same mistakes again...?? - Page 4 Empty Re: AJ versus Fury deja vu - are we all making the same mistakes again...??

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 12 Apr 2016, 3:00 pm

Just checked. Wlad got 1 pt deducted versus Pov, same versus Haye.

One of the reasons Fury's win was good for the sport is that nobody had the balls to take a long hard look at the K's, their influence over officials and some the actions they undertook.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

AJ versus Fury deja vu - are we all making the same mistakes again...?? - Page 4 Empty Re: AJ versus Fury deja vu - are we all making the same mistakes again...??

Post by kingraf Tue 12 Apr 2016, 3:52 pm

The home champion gets preferential treatment?

Well I never
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 12 Apr 2016, 4:15 pm

The level of the K's is well beyond usual 'homer' stuff.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Apr 2016, 4:34 pm

Given many of the K's opponents got T/KO'd I fail to see how that equates to a hometown decision. The ref's have been lenient with Wlad on a few occasions but Vitali never really wrestled or held excessively so rarely got those kind of favours. The Povetkin fight was a particularly good example of bad refereeing but whether it was pro K bias or, as I said, just poor officiating, we'll probably never know.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 12 Apr 2016, 4:41 pm

It's not the decisions with the K's, as you say it's usually irrelevant, it's all the other stuff. Haye banged on relentlessly in the lead up regarding leaning & wrestling which is why he was deliberately going to ground to try get Wlad points deducted for it. In the Fury match look at all the bullsh!t like extra padding in the ring and trying to get away with unobserved hand wraps.

And given Pov was probably one of K's most significant challengers in years I don't think his crimes in that bout can be dismissed as an isolated example. Ditto with his Fury headbutt which others have been DQ'd for.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4