The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury v Klitschko, will it even happen??

+22
armchairwarrior
TRUSSMAN66
Mr Bounce
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
aja424
melv500
bhb001
Lance
Coxy001
Herman Jaeger
TopHat24/7
AdamT
catchweight
Hammersmith harrier
Steffan
Dipper Brown
bellchees
Mad for Chelsea
Rowley
kingraf
BoxingFan88
irishbrads
26 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Fury v Klitschko, will it even happen?? - Page 3 Empty Fury v Klitschko, will it even happen??

Post by irishbrads Mon 18 Apr 2016, 8:14 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi

i know there is another thread on the Fury v klitshcko 2 fight so apologies, I've created this thread as i wanted your views on if the fight will even happen or not, reason being is a stag i'm going on is planned around this fight taking place in Manchester on 9th July, last thing i want is a rainy weekend in Manchester if the fights not happening.  

I have some concerns that the fight will take place let alone it taking place in Manchester.  the latest from klitshcko is he has announced the fight on Instagram but said the venue is yet to be confirmed, that was almost 2 weeks ago,  the Fury camp have announced that it will take place in Manchester and even held some sort of press conference with Warren who has announced it will be shown on Box nation and Hennessy, no sign of Klitshcko.  Klitshcko has also retweeted a boxnation tweet announcing the fight being shown on box nation but that's it.

I usually take very little heed in what David Haye says but he made a valid point in an IFL interview last week that until the Klitshcko camp announce the fight will take place in Manchester, nothing is confirmed, he also said he heard from members of the Klitshcko camp that the fight is actually planned for Germany!!!

No mention even of tickets on sale yet and the fight is only approx 10-11 weeks away!!  What do you guys think?

irishbrads

Back to top Go down

Fury v Klitschko, will it even happen?? - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury v Klitschko, will it even happen??

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2016, 2:19 pm

hazharrison wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:More BS from Fury desperate to be loved. He's like Mayweather in that he craves the approval of people who would be happier watching him have his head taken clean off his shoulders.

Mayweather's been reported recently as saying people are always asking him if he's coming back (No, they're not Floyd. Genuinely, no-one cares about you) and Fury's comments seems like a desperate attempt to get people to beg him to stay and fight AJ.

It's pathetic. "I'm going to live in America cos they won't hate me for being a gypsy or a winner" No, they'll just hate you for being a c*nt.

I don't see that from Fury. He genuinely doesn't appear to care less what people care think about him. He was well aware no-one wanted to see him beat Klitschko (in this country) which I thought he was off the mark about but nope, seems he was dead on in retrospect.

I believe he'll walk away after Klitschko (who I expect will win the rematch). He'll probably come back again down the road but, unlike Mayweather, it won't be a tactic to boost his appeal. Fury, for all his faults, is a genuine bloke. I believe him when he says he took this fight for the cash. He's achieved his dream - it'll be tough to motivate himself for this one.
If he loses and comes out with the I couldn't be ar$ed excuse then it makes a mockery of him claiming to be "the man". He is still considered in some quarters to be nothing but a lucky bum who caught the Champ on a bad day and him eating himself into a state that would make TRUSS feel slim is not the actions of a man wishing to make the doubters eat those words.

Douglas beat Tyson but then undid all that good work with the shocking state of affairs in his first defence against Holyfield.

He sits and criticizes Wlad then says "Oh I can't be bothered with it", probably then retires all whilst moaning about why no-one likes him etc...in fact, forget Mayweather, Fury's the boxing equivalent of that other obnoxious c*nt, Ronnie O'Sullivan, but without the talent.

Back to top Go down

Fury v Klitschko, will it even happen?? - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury v Klitschko, will it even happen??

Post by AdamT Tue 03 May 2016, 2:21 pm

It would be a step up form Berto, but the fight would be no more competitive in my view.

Floyd won't fight GGG. So who out there would be interesting?? I still think Canelo is the best of a bad bunch.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 03 May 2016, 2:22 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:More BS from Fury desperate to be loved. He's like Mayweather in that he craves the approval of people who would be happier watching him have his head taken clean off his shoulders.

Mayweather's been reported recently as saying people are always asking him if he's coming back (No, they're not Floyd. Genuinely, no-one cares about you) and Fury's comments seems like a desperate attempt to get people to beg him to stay and fight AJ.

It's pathetic. "I'm going to live in America cos they won't hate me for being a gypsy or a winner" No, they'll just hate you for being a c*nt.

I don't see that from Fury. He genuinely doesn't appear to care less what people care think about him. He was well aware no-one wanted to see him beat Klitschko (in this country) which I thought he was off the mark about but nope, seems he was dead on in retrospect.

I believe he'll walk away after Klitschko (who I expect will win the rematch). He'll probably come back again down the road but, unlike Mayweather, it won't be a tactic to boost his appeal. Fury, for all his faults, is a genuine bloke. I believe him when he says he took this fight for the cash. He's achieved his dream - it'll be tough to motivate himself for this one.
If he loses and comes out with the I couldn't be ar$ed excuse then it makes a mockery of him claiming to be "the man". He is still considered in some quarters to be nothing but a lucky bum who caught the Champ on a bad day and him eating himself into a state that would make TRUSS feel slim is not the actions of a man wishing to make the doubters eat those words.

Douglas beat Tyson but then undid all that good work with the shocking state of affairs in his first defence against Holyfield.

He sits and criticizes Wlad then says "Oh I can't be bothered with it", probably then retires all whilst moaning about why no-one likes him etc...in fact, forget Mayweather, Fury's the boxing equivalent of that other obnoxious c*nt, Ronnie O'Sullivan, but without the talent.

I can't see him rolling over like Big Bus' but if he hasn't put in the hard yards (and has spent 10 weeks merely losing weight) then Klitschko should have just enough to overturn the first result.

Fury is "the man", though - at least until he loses. Only saving grace is that we have Joshua as back-up. I couldn't face another Klitschko era.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 03 May 2016, 8:28 pm

I never really see the point in making comments like Fury's or going on about how out of shape you are. I appreciate it is his way and there is not much of a filter with him, but even if he gets himself in shape and focussed what happens if he walks onto one in the first round and gets taken out. He is in there with a big heavyweight with decent power, stranger things have happened. You're just giving folk a stick to beat you with by such comments. Seems a good way of undoing the good will built up in the wake of the victory.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 03 May 2016, 9:10 pm

Fury is a British Sarah Palin....However much you try to see the PR genius....In the end you resign yourself to the cold hard truth...

They are as thick as Pig crap..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3