The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boris "Omerta" Becker

+13
hawkeye
Belovedluckyboy
Born Slippy
HM Murdock
lydian
sportslover
socal1976
YvonneT
kingraf
bogbrush
Jahu
laverfan
LuvSports!
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Boris "Omerta" Becker - Page 3 Empty Boris "Omerta" Becker

Post by LuvSports! Mon 18 Apr 2016, 4:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

Someone should tell Boris what he said about Thomas Muster's miracle comeback in '96. He too is then 'totally out of order' right?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-3544745/Boris-Becker-slams-totally-order-Andy-Murray-British-No-1-admits-doping-suspicions.html

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Boris "Omerta" Becker - Page 3 Empty Re: Boris "Omerta" Becker

Post by socal1976 Fri 22 Apr 2016, 6:16 am

I think it does kind of make things interesting. I don't think its good for Novak all this controversy for him before the biggest tournament in his life. He has had to deal with match fixing, doping, and battle of sexes all in the last couple of months. I can't think of a period like it ever in his career. Compound that with all these articles about fans not liking him and he does play Roger and Rafa as the road team and then he beats others so easily that he isn't the underdog against lesser known stars. But I do think it is overstated at least the only place unfortunately I have seen him at is IW and there the fans are pretty fair and don't ever really get on anyone or cheer for the failure of someone like in other places. I mean he gets a lot of love IW.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Fri 22 Apr 2016, 6:17 am

That is one thing I really respect about him, he is like the road team in every big match and he still wins.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Fri 22 Apr 2016, 6:31 am

Nore Staat wrote:Friends, Romans, strawmen, lend me your ears;
At the end of the day, it is time to say goodnight,
And bury the hatchet, not in the craniums of our opponents
but in the restless minds of our differences of opinion
And the morrow will bring good fortune to new debate

please more poetry parodies in the future. Thumbs up

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 22 Apr 2016, 7:59 am

socal1976 wrote:What the problem temp is accusations of dishonest strawman creation and who is the straw man maker in chief, I posit that BB and emancipator create the biggest strawmen east of Burning Man. For a moderator you must do a better job of following the controversy.

Funny you should mention burning on a thread about Murrays comments. Are you suggesting there can be no smoke without fire?
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Apr 2016, 8:23 am

temporary21 wrote:Tbh this hsppens so often I completely glaze over. What's the actual straw man here. What fake argument are they propping up to avoid the point

Continue with the glaze...

It's much easier on the eyes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Fri 22 Apr 2016, 8:56 am

World Anti-Doping Agency founding president Dick Pound dismisses claim tennis is clean.

http://stv.tv/sport/tennis/1351457-novak-djokovics-attitude-to-doping-is-the-lance-armstrong-approach/
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 22 Apr 2016, 9:25 am

I could just about accept that darts or snooker might be clean (though beta blockers were a concern back in the day) but a sport in which it's a gigantic advantage to be able to run around for 6 hours? A sport where physical exertion is extreme, and deterioration of condition has a rapid effect on the quality of play? A sport where many participants use debilitating rallies as a deliberate winning tactic to no less extent than a boxer uses punches to the body to disable their opponent?

Are the people suggesting tennis isn't riddled with performance enhancement having a laugh?

By the way, if I were Djokovic I really wouldn't want my name repeatedly appearing in the same sentence as he-who-must-not-be-named. People might start to get the wrong idea. As a starter, I'd try not to use all the same arguments he did.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Fri 22 Apr 2016, 10:11 am

Pound really has the full package.

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 22 Apr 2016, 2:04 pm

An interesting and timely quote from Kyle Walker of Spurs today;

"At first it was horrible under Mauricio Pochettino but now we run every team off the pitch."

It matters everywhere.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Apr 2016, 2:20 pm

bogbrush wrote:An interesting and timely quote from Kyle Walker of Spurs today;

"At first it was horrible under Mauricio Pochettino but now we run every team off the pitch."

It matters everywhere.

Visionary! Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Apr 2016, 2:33 pm

Jahu wrote:World Anti-Doping Agency founding president Dick Pound dismisses claim tennis is clean.

http://stv.tv/sport/tennis/1351457-novak-djokovics-attitude-to-doping-is-the-lance-armstrong-approach/
Someone from a scientific background knows the importance of empiricism.  It is empiricism that reveals those passing the tests are often "beating" the tests rather than "passing" the tests.  We have a long list of crème de la crème sportspeople that were later revealed to be PED users that never failed a test or failed after a new post event specific test was introduced and then used to test stored blood or urine samples (that had not deteriorated in storage).

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Fri 22 Apr 2016, 5:43 pm

bogbrush wrote:
socal1976 wrote:What the problem temp is accusations of dishonest strawman creation and who is the straw man maker in chief, I posit that BB and emancipator create the biggest strawmen east of Burning Man. For a moderator you must do a better job of following the controversy.

Funny you should mention burning on a thread about Murrays comments. Are you suggesting there can be no smoke without fire?

Well in answer to your question I personally don't know if Djokovic is on PEDs. He probably is taking prescriptions for his asthma, allergies he has had a lengthy history of respiratory problems including surgery. I know you like to laugh at the notion that some people get sick and may actually have disabilities that require medication. But I seriously do doubt that he is taking like Sharapova or Lance true PEDs to cheat. That is my personal feeling, I don't have an intelligence network and I am not the head of WADA.

As to Novak's comments, I think he has always tried to pump up tennis and the sport and maybe he made some clumsy statements under questions about Murray and or Becker. But if he does disagree and thinks the sport is generally cleaner than the media are making it after Sharapova gate then he all of sudden becomes Lance Armstrong. Pretty unfair of the media if you ask me.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 22 Apr 2016, 6:29 pm

Sharapova really is only a 2 on the Armstrong 10 point scale of PEDing.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3