The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello all

+2
1GrumpyGolfer
dynamark
6 posters

Go down

Hello all Empty Hello all

Post by dynamark Wed 20 Apr 2016, 2:00 pm

HI Folks .
Nice to see most of the usual suspects are still present .Hope all are well and enjoying the new season.
I have had to quit playing pretty much due to a hip issue did a bit of damage and its left me unable to walk any distances may have to fork out for a replacement eventually.
Great Masters result and I see Willett used to play at Bondhay IMO the hardest course I have ever set foot on .Augusta must have been a piece of cake.
Best wishes to all and please note I havn't mentioned the Premier League -everything is crossed.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Hello all Empty Re: Hello all

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Wed 20 Apr 2016, 2:11 pm

Dyna, sorry to hear your news. I think LadyPutt has had her hips done so she may be able to let you know some of the ins and outs so to speak and she now has the ability to PM. Good luck to you mate.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Wed 20 Apr 2016, 2:21 pm

Hello Dyna. Good to hear from you. Still remember the 606 society golf day (Royal Ashdown Forest?). Didn't Boanerges clean up?

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 20 Apr 2016, 3:40 pm

Good luck and good health dyna . . . . . .

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 21 Apr 2016, 12:09 pm

Hi Dyna

Sorry to hear that you have had to give up the game. Will you stay a member of your club for the social aspect or are you happy to move away from the game completely?

Hopefully you can still have fun watching the pro's and we will hear more from you on the ballwasher.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Thu 21 Apr 2016, 12:52 pm

Hi. Do remember Royal Ashdown very well and we also had a game at Stockley park 'tip'.
Boa must be as old as the queen .
Mac Im not much of a watcher Im afraid .I last played my old course(badly) in the Captains drive in last April and decided to limp away - too much pain.Tried a few days out in the summer but could only make 9 holes.My daughter works at the club so Im up there quite often.
The office allow us a little access now to sports sites so I will keep an eye out

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Thu 21 Apr 2016, 6:26 pm

Hi dyna. Sorry to hear your news. Grumps is right. I had both hips replaced (nine months apart) in 2010 and it was one of the best things I've done. I was in a lot of pain due to osteoarthritis and had to give up golf for a while. It was difficult to walk, even with a buggy and I couldn't swing properly either. Now I'm raring to go once I retire from full time work in four weeks time and we move to Scotland. If you are offered the chance, go for it!
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Tue 26 Apr 2016, 1:50 pm

Several folk have urged me to get it done but its not like having a tooth out and at present I would be writing the cheque which is a consideration .You only live once though.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum