The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rugby League News

+4
The Beast
George Hotel1895
aucklandlaurie
Luke
8 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Rugby League News - Page 2 Empty Rugby League News

Post by Luke Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:53 pm

First topic message reminder :

The dates and venues of the 4 nation's have been announced. They are -

Fri 28th Oct - Scotland v Australia - Craven park Hull.

Sun 30th Oct - England v New Zealand - John Smiths stadium Huddersfield.

Sat 5th Nov - England v Scotland & Australia v New Zealand - Ricoh Arena Coventry.

Fri 11th Nov - Scotland v New Zealand - Derwent Park Workington.

Sun 13th Nov - England v Australia - Olympic Park London.

Sun 20th Nov - final at Anfield Liverpool.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Rugby League News - Page 2 Empty Re: Rugby League News

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:25 am

The Beast wrote:Wakefield have started an investigation into a police incident allegedly involving Hooker Scott Moore.  They are apparently waiting for Police reports before deciding if further action is required.
There is a surprise Scott Moores name being mentioned in an alleged incident

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:36 pm

The 2021 world cup will be held England.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:34 am

tigerrobins wrote:The 2021 world cup will be held England.
Mixed feeling about this.
On one hand its good for British Rugby League, but on the other hand it does little to expand our international footprint

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:13 am

George Hotel1895 wrote:
tigerrobins wrote:The 2021 world cup will be held England.
Mixed feeling about this.
On one hand its good for British Rugby League, but on the other hand it does little to expand our international footprint

I can slightly understand it after the success of 2013, but am not overly happy about the venues picked.
But the 2025 has to go somewhere else, or we might as well stop pretending we have an international game.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:45 pm

Bradford Bulls confirm the club are entering into administration following a number of attempts by HMRC to wind the club up, Chairman Marc Green's Statement;

“I have been talking to a number of serious investors and purely the pressure from HMRC has forced the club to be put into this position to save its future,” explained Chairman Marc Green.

“There is a dispute between ourselves and HMRC which we have been working hard to resolve since the winding up petition was issued and despite two adjournments from the courts to resolve this matter we have been unable to do so. We were concerned over the ability to secure a third adjournment and therefore this action became unavoidable to protect the club.

“I will be working closely with the Administrators over the coming weeks and it is my intention to regain this club from them within the shortest practicable time frame.”

He further stated: “Regardless of whether I remain at the helm of this great club, I will ensure all memberships already purchased for next season will remain valid, as will the offer under which they were purchased. I believe the future of Bradford Bulls is still strong.”

No further comment will be made at this time.

I will make a comment....gutted, massively disappointed cannot really see a future for rugby in Bradford without significant outside investment which appears unlikely.

If the academy is now destroyed that would be absolutely devastating, players and coaches contracts effectively void, points deduction to follow. Desperate for those at the club who will likely loose their jobs playing and non-playing.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:16 am

The Beast wrote:Bradford Bulls confirm the club are entering into administration following a number of attempts by HMRC to wind the club up, Chairman Marc Green's Statement;

“I have been talking to a number of serious investors and purely the pressure from HMRC has forced the club to be put into this position to save its future,” explained Chairman Marc Green.

“There is a dispute between ourselves and HMRC which we have been working hard to resolve since the winding up petition was issued and despite two adjournments from the courts to resolve this matter we have been unable to do so. We were concerned over the ability to secure a third adjournment and therefore this action became unavoidable to protect the club.

“I will be working closely with the Administrators over the coming weeks and it is my intention to regain this club from them within the shortest practicable time frame.”

He further stated: “Regardless of whether I remain at the helm of this great club, I will ensure all memberships already purchased for next season will remain valid, as will the offer under which they were purchased. I believe the future of Bradford Bulls is still strong.”

I will make a comment....gutted, massively disappointed cannot really see a future for rugby in Bradford without significant outside investment which appears unlikely.

If the academy is now destroyed that would be absolutely devastating, players and coaches contracts effectively void, points deduction to follow.  Desperate for those at the club who will likely loose their jobs playing and non-playing.

I genuinely feel sorry for you and other Bradford supporters who have stuck with what seems from the outside a poorly run club. Hopefully this situation will be sorted out, but it can't keep happening. Now how it's only a few companies in Bradford that support the sports teams, I hope that there is an outside investor.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:15 pm

Thanks Tiger, much appreciated.

You are right it cannot continue and I am really minded but the RFL has a major part to play in this imo assuming the club survives. Previous administrations have led to point deductions and fines/cuts in funding, now whilst I fully accept that there has to be some type of sanctions to prevent clubs over-spending but there is talk of a 12 point deduction which in reality will likely lead to further problems and a continuing downward spiral. If this is the plan I would prefer an automatic relegation with no further sanctions which I feel would have been better in 2014 if it going to die better to be quick. Either way this will be very difficult to recover from if at all.

It is hard to know what goes on at any club but you don't have to be a genius (just as well for me) to see that overspending was a massive problem last year and the performance on the pitch at times was awful. Marc Green has said he wants to take ownership back but I am sorry to say that it has to be questioned if he is should be allowed to do so. The players and backroom staff found out about administration at the same time as everyone else i.e. the internet. I am sure it was a fluid situation but I am sorry that is appalling and further demonstrates what a shambles it is.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:11 am

Totally agree with alot of what you put.

I said at the time of the 2nd administration, that rather than a points deduction and cuts in funding the rfl should have just said, that rfl should have just said, right your getting no points and you will be relegated at the end of the season. And let you build from there.

I also think the rfl should let you get odsal back, as the money you would be getting from gamedays would at least be getting you a steady income stream to keep, and would save you the money your paying for rent at the moment.
I don't think though that relegating you to league 1 will help, as there will be very few away fans to bring in much needed revenue.
Perhaps just say you can't qualify for the top 4, and leave it at that.

I see Mark Lawn is interested, at least he has knowledge about the local area, and which businesses to contact. Plus he knows how to turn a badly performing club around.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:00 am

tigerrobins wrote:
The Beast wrote:Bradford Bulls confirm the club are entering into administration following a number of attempts by HMRC to wind the club up, Chairman Marc Green's Statement;

If the academy is now destroyed that would be absolutely devastating, players and coaches contracts effectively void, points deduction to follow.  Desperate for those at the club who will likely loose their jobs playing and non-playing.

I genuinely feel sorry for you and other Bradford supporters who have stuck with what seems from the outside a poorly run club. Hopefully this situation will be sorted out, but it can't keep happening. Now how it's only a few companies in Bradford that support the sports teams, I hope that there is an outside investor.
How the Bulls have managed to get themselves in this state is beyond me. The blame for this latest saga can only be blamed on the people running the club.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:13 pm

"The blame for this latest saga can only be blamed on the people running the club."

100% agreed, Mark Green and Steve Ferres, perhaps gambling to make SL and keeping but with Leigh but yes, a mess.

My comment and hope however is moving forward whatever sanctions the club face (and there should be something) do not make it more than likely this will happen again which imo is what happened in previously when Omar Khan took over. Admittedly I do not have the answers to what this should be and certainly not not favour Bradford over other clubs, it is a delicate situation.

"I see Mark Lawn is interested, at least he has knowledge about the local area, and which businesses to contact. Plus he knows how to turn a badly performing club around."

I have read that admittedly I know nothing about Football (can't stand the game frankly) but he and Julian Rhodes have clearly done a great job at Bradford City. Marc Green said similar things to Mr. Lawn 2 years ago, running the club as a business, not overspending...........only he knows where it has gone wrong, we'll have to wait for the administrators report to ascertain if this is a cashflow issue with HMRC closing in or more deep routed issues.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:29 pm

Dane Tilse (Hull KR) retires from the game with immediate effect due to family reasons. Good luck to him and his return home to Australia.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:57 pm

Tony Gigot (Catalan Dragons) is suspended by French Anti-Doping authorities following issues surrounding a drug test. Gigot has not tested positive, Catalans are supporting the player and making an immediate appeal.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:09 pm

The Beast wrote:Tony Gigot (Catalan Dragons) is suspended by French Anti-Doping authorities following issues surrounding a drug test.  Gigot has not tested positive, Catalans are supporting the player and making an immediate appeal.
The last thing the Catalans would want at the start on the season.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:42 pm

St. Helens part company with Keiron Cunningham, Sean Long, Jamahl Lolesi taking temporary head coaching duties.

A difficult decision I am sure, I suspect Cunningham it won't be long before Cunningham is back in the game in a coaching or other capacity.

Ben Westwood (Warrington) is charged with striking following an incident v Leeds. Frankly I am amazed he was not sent off, could now face 3 - 5 match ban.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:12 pm

Considering how poor we've been this season I'd have him at hooker for Widnes

In all seriousness though, it sucks to see somebody leave a club that has been his life but the decision has been coming. Fingers crossed we take a page from saints books when we inevitably get beat by warring and Leeds over Easter, that's if we can afford to even get rid of Betts having not long signed him to an extension

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:10 pm

The RFL are charging £3.49 to stream the England v Samoa game via their website. Aside from the Stobart sponsorship for £0 this has to be one of the worst decisions I can recall, how not to promote the sport, madness.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/39564040

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:46 am

The Beast wrote:The RFL are charging £3.49 to stream the England v Samoa game via their website.  Aside from the Stobart sponsorship for £0 this has to be one of the worst decisions I can recall, how not to promote the sport, madness.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/39564040

couldn't agree more with your view. The fact that it's a world cup year, and we should be doing more to try and promote international rugby league for thís bases makes it worse.

it also worries me what other decisions they'll make.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Thu May 04, 2017 9:24 pm

Justin Holbrook is named as St. Helens new Head Coach. He is currently assistant at Sydney Roosters and also the Australian U20's.

Corey Thompson announces that he will leave Widnes at the end of the season returning to Australia.

Bradford announce a Dual Registration agreement with Widnes until the end of 2017, the Bulls in desperate need for experience particularly in the pack, Kevin Larroyer the latest loanee to go back to his parent club (Castleford).

Scott Moore, currently at Bradford on a short term loan will appear before Bolton Crown Court on 24th May, he is charged with a number of offences including dangerous driving, assault with intent to resist arrest and possession of a weapon for the discharge of an electrical incapacitation device.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sat May 13, 2017 3:44 pm

The Beast wrote:Justin Holbrook is named as St. Helens new Head Coach.  He is currently assistant at Sydney Roosters and also the Australian U20's.

Corey Thompson announces that he will leave Widnes at the end of the season returning to Australia.

Bradford announce a Dual Registration agreement with Widnes until the end of 2017, the Bulls in desperate need for experience particularly in the pack, Kevin Larroyer the latest loanee to go back to his parent club (Castleford).

Scott Moore, currently at Bradford on a short term loan will appear before Bolton Crown Court on 24th May, he is charged with a number of offences including dangerous driving, assault with intent to resist arrest and possession of a weapon for the discharge of an electrical incapacitation device.
Rather a strange appointment by Saints. I can only assume that Holbrook is cheap

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat May 13, 2017 4:32 pm

George Hotel1895 wrote:
The Beast wrote:Justin Holbrook is named as St. Helens new Head Coach.  He is currently assistant at Sydney Roosters and also the Australian U20's.

Rather a strange appointment by Saints. I can only assume that Holbrook is cheap

I am not familiar with Holbrook, what makes you think that GH?

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Wed May 17, 2017 2:41 pm

The Beast wrote:
George Hotel1895 wrote:

There is nothing on his coaching CV or even his playing CV which suggests he can be a successful coach, but i wish him the best of luck.
He has only ever been to date a bit part player when it comes to coaching.
If he thinks that Saints fans will be happy with 5 drives and kick he's wrong.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Wed May 17, 2017 3:29 pm

George Hotel1895 wrote:
The Beast wrote:
George Hotel1895 wrote:

There is nothing on his coaching CV or even his playing CV which suggests he can be a successful coach, but i wish him the best of luck.

Thanks GH

He certainly has his hands full from what they served up on Saturday, as mentioned in the General Thread IMO they are in a fight with Warrington & Catalans to avoid the middle 8's. Agree 100% with your 5 drives and a kick comment, they certainly will not be.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Thu May 25, 2017 10:25 am

The Beast wrote:
George Hotel1895 wrote:
The Beast wrote:
George Hotel1895 wrote:

Thanks GH

He certainly has his hands full from what they served up on Saturday, as mentioned in the General Thread IMO they are in a fight with Warrington & Catalans to avoid the middle 8's.  Agree 100% with your 5 drives and a kick comment, they certainly will not be.
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/615757/St-Helens-Magic-Weekend-Kyle-Amor-Justin-Holbrook-Rugby-Super-League

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Thu May 25, 2017 7:57 pm

George Hotel1895 wrote:
The Beast wrote:
George Hotel1895 wrote:
The Beast wrote:
George Hotel1895 wrote:

Thanks GH

He certainly has his hands full from what they served up on Saturday, as mentioned in the General Thread IMO they are in a fight with Warrington & Catalans to avoid the middle 8's.  Agree 100% with your 5 drives and a kick comment, they certainly will not be.
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/615757/St-Helens-Magic-Weekend-Kyle-Amor-Justin-Holbrook-Rugby-Super-League

LOL, how to win friends and influence people!

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat May 27, 2017 10:14 am

Catalans Dragons;

Release head coach Laurent Frayssinous. Dragons have lost 5 in a row, not sure the issue is with him but I think it has to be said that they have under-performed with the squad they have at their disposal.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue May 30, 2017 11:03 am

The Beast wrote:Catalans Dragons;

Release head coach Laurent Frayssinous.  Dragons have lost 5 in a row, not sure the issue is with him but I think it has to be said that they have under-performed with the squad they have at their disposal.
Despite the win yesterday i think they will find themselves in the middle 8's.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:04 pm

Steve McNamara is set to be named as Catalan Dragons new coach. Apparently Mick Potter and Tony Smith were in the running but due to their current commitments the Dragons are turning to the former Bradford and England Coach.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:45 am

The Beast wrote:Steve McNamara is set to be named as Catalan Dragons new coach.  Apparently Mick Potter and Tony Smith were in the running but due to their current commitments the Dragons are turning to the former Bradford and England Coach.
Good luck to him.Given time he will bring success to them

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:33 pm

Rob Burrow announces that he will retire at the end of the season. Tremendous career, good luck in the future.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:03 pm

Featherstone Rovers;

Part company with coach John Sharpe and replace him with John Duffy who has left Swinton. Apparently they wanted to make a change next year and decided to do so early i.e. start of the middle 8's. I assume there is more to this than meets the eye otherwise this IMO is very strange timing.

Potentially bad news as Swinton are reportedly trying to raise funds to beat a winding up order. Hopefully they can we do not need another club being liquidated.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:08 pm

Tony Gigot;

has been suspended from playing for two years following an alleged incident with a doping control officer. Very confusing, initially banned for two years, reduced to three months on appeal..........the two year ban now re-instated?

Rangi Chase

Has reportedly failed a drug test, which is so could result in a two year ban (Gareth Hock was). I do sincerely hope Rangi is well and he has an alternative career, if he is banned I cannot see him playing even semi-pro rugby again. Shame, fantastic talent.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:39 am

Adam Walker (Wakefield) has also been suspended following a failed drug test, same as Rangi Chase, Cocaine.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:35 pm

Gareth Ellis has announced that he will retire at the end of the season and take over as Hull fc director of football.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:19 pm

Congratulations to Castle on winning the league, best team by far who also happen to play the most exciting rugby. Hope they can win the grand final now.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:52 am

tigerrobins wrote:Congratulations to Castle on winning the league, best team by far who also happen to play the most exciting rugby. Hope they can win the grand final now.

This + Luke Gale Man of Steel

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:04 pm

It is believed that Gloucestershire and Oxford are about to merge (with a possible move to Bristol), as both are struggling financially and in getting players. A shame if it does happen, but not really a surprise.

Does make you wonder, if we do return to franchising (which I really am against ). With Catalan, Tolouse, Toronto, Bristol and where the other rumoured franchises could be starting up (Dublin, Montreal etc). Just how big is SL actually going to be? How many teams are going to be in it? And which of the traditional clubs are going to be missing out?
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:47 pm

tigerrobins wrote:It is believed that Gloucestershire and Oxford are about to merge (with a possible move to Bristol), as both are struggling financially and in getting players. A shame if it does happen, but not really a surprise.

Does make you wonder, if we do return to franchising  (which I really am against ). With Catalan, Tolouse, Toronto, Bristol and where the other rumoured franchises could be starting up (Dublin,  Montreal etc). Just how big is SL actually going to be? How many teams are going to be in it? And which of the traditional clubs are going to be missing out?

Perhaps the rumoured Super League 1 & 2 format has legs? 2 divisions of 12 with the championship a development league or clubs who are fubar (e.g Bradford)

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:23 pm

The Beast wrote:
tigerrobins wrote:It is believed that Gloucestershire and Oxford are about to merge (with a possible move to Bristol), as both are struggling financially and in getting players. A shame if it does happen, but not really a surprise.

Does make you wonder, if we do return to franchising  (which I really am against ). With Catalan, Tolouse, Toronto, Bristol and where the other rumoured franchises could be starting up (Dublin,  Montreal etc). Just how big is SL actually going to be? How many teams are going to be in it? And which of the traditional clubs are going to be missing out?

Perhaps the rumoured Super League 1 & 2 format has legs? 2 divisions of 12 with the championship a development league or clubs who are fubar (e.g Bradford)

Perhaps.
but that only really works if your going to have promotion and relegation between the 3 divisions. And seeing as promotion and relegation is what there trying to stamp out, it's hard to see how it's going to work.
And what happens to league 1? Will they still have promotion and relegation between themselves and their championship?
To me, if they do go down this route it will cause far more problems than anything. And will set the sport back years.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:58 pm

tigerrobins wrote:
The Beast wrote:

Perhaps.
but that only really works if your going to have promotion and relegation between the 3 divisions. And seeing as promotion and relegation  is what there trying to stamp out, it's hard to see how it's going to work.
And what happens to league 1? Will they still have promotion and relegation between themselves and their championship?
To me, if they do go down this route it will cause far more problems than anything. And will set the sport back years.
The rumours are strong that the RFL and a majority of Super League clubs want to bring back licensing, and i think that might happen when Toronto are in Super League and providing the Catalans remain in Super League.
Rumours also suggest that in time Super League could go back to 14 teams.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:23 pm

George Hotel1895 wrote:
tigerrobins wrote:
The Beast wrote:

Perhaps.
but that only really works if your going to have promotion and relegation between the 3 divisions. And seeing as promotion and relegation  is what there trying to stamp out, it's hard to see how it's going to work.
The rumours are strong that the RFL and a majority of Super League clubs want to bring back licensing, and i think that might happen when Toronto are in Super League and providing the Catalans remain in Super League.
Rumours also suggest that in time Super League could go back to 14 teams.

I'm not overly against a 14 team SL (they did it wrong last time by add extra fixtures in my opinion), and I think they will go to licensing if the proposed new teams become reality (specially if New York takes off).
But if you think that Hull,Wigan,Saints,Leeds and Catalans as definates. Warrington,Cas, Toulouse,Toronto as probables. Only leaves 6 other clubs?
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:26 am

I will be surprised if there is not licensing, I will still hedge my bet towards 2 divisions of 12 with P&R with the Championship clubs attempting to build in a development league.

If I were in the RFL management at this moment I would be very concerned that in the near future the middle 8's will include Catalans, Toulouse & Toronto, good luck sorting that out!

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:26 pm

The Beast wrote:I will be surprised if there is not licensing, I will still hedge my bet towards 2 divisions of 12 with P&R with the Championship clubs attempting to build in a development league.  

If I were in the RFL management at this moment I would be very concerned that in the near future the middle 8's will include Catalans, Toulouse & Toronto, good luck sorting that out!

I think next year will be the last of the 8's comp (shame cause I like it). Then in 2019 they'll go to a 14 team SL, with 1 up 1 down. And then licensing.
To me the 8'same has bought in extra money to clubs who need it (we played at Fev twice and taken over 2000 both times, that a lot of money for Fev), and gives clubs and idea where they need to improve should they go up. And let's face it, the mpg has become one of the most memorable games of the season.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:34 pm

tigerrobins wrote:
The Beast wrote:I will be surprised if there is not licensing, I will still hedge my bet towards 2 divisions of 12 with P&R with the Championship clubs attempting to build in a development league.  

I think next year will be the last of the 8's comp  (shame cause I like it). Then in 2019 they'll go to a 14 team SL, with 1 up 1 down. And then licensing.
To me the 8'same has bought in extra money to clubs who need it (we played at Fev twice and taken over 2000 both times, that a lot of money for Fev), and gives clubs and idea where they need to improve should they go up. And let's face it, the mpg has become one of the most memorable games of the season.

Yes, that extra revenue is crucial to championship clubs particularly next year with no Bulls, or Hull KR and Toronto now confirmed promotion. The worst case scenario is that Catalans go down which would likely see a significant reduction in revenue.

I do agree the MPG 30/9 is imprinted in my mind as one to watch, I do recognise however it is car crash viewing.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:21 pm

Warrington;

announce that Head coach Tony Smith will leave the club by mutual consent.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:22 pm

Castleford;

Luke Gale could miss the rest of season following appendix surgery. Massive blow if so.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:57 am

It's believed that within the 6 months that the location of the next Canadian club will be revield. They will be apparently joining league 1 in 2019.

So rather than trying to establish a league over there, promoting the sport within.
We're just going to let there clubs join our league?

How exactly does this promote the sport to anyone other than people in these cities? How does it make Canada international team better? How does it grow the sport in a country were RL is not well known. And how exactly does this benefit the British game?
And how can the RFL turn round to anyone from any country from just join the league.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by gazzyD Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:44 am

I have to agree, this coupled with the team starting out in New York just got to ask where does it end?

If Widnes and their absolute shower of a coaching staff and board weren't already putting me off Rugby League then this will

What happens when/if you get to a point that you have a Championship containing two Canadian teams, a North American team and a French team. No Championship club can afford to do that amount of travelling. Its just not financially viable, I'd even say some Super League clubs too would struggle

gazzyD

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:14 pm

True. Also if you stick to 12 teams, that's 4 games were you're getting no away fans. RL not that flush with money that clubs can afford that to happen (unless in SL of course ).

All though I'm not overly for Toronto, you can't argue that they're doing well, but before judging it a success, let's see were they're at when they are not winning most of there games, when they haven't got major advantages over every other side in the division. After all Paris & Celtic crusaders were apparently a success after there first season. And look what happened there.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:30 pm

Shaun Lunt (Player), Andrew Henderson (Coach), John Bentley (Young Player), we're the award winners at the championship level.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:47 am

Zak Hardaker, Luke Gale & Albert Kelly named for the man of Steel award.

I'm sorry, but other than Gale (who I hope wins it), the other 2 aren't even 2nd/best players at there own club. How for example Alex Walmsley or Grant Millington aren't in there is don't know.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next