The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow Warriors v Zebre Rugby, 29 April

+10
EST
RDW
Nematode
jimbopip
Hazel Sapling
LondonTiger
IanBru
funnyExiledScot
Tattie Scones RRN
George Carlin
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Zebre Rugby, 29 April Empty Glasgow Warriors v Zebre Rugby, 29 April

Post by George Carlin Mon 25 Apr 2016, 3:41 pm

Glasgow Warriors v Zebre Rugby, 29 April Glasgo13                  Glasgow Warriors v Zebre Rugby, 29 April Zebre10

Glasgow Warriors v Zebre Rugby
Friday 29 April 2016
KO: 19:35
Scotstoun Stadium

Live on Hugh Dan's Channel

Referee: Andrew Brace (IRFU, 11th competition game)
Assistant Referees: Graeme Wells, Bob Nevins (both SRU)
Citing Commissioner: Paul Minto (SRU)
TMO: Neil Paterson (SRU)

A. Head to Head

Lots Played Lots
Loads Wins None
None Losses Loads
Nope Draws Nope
Sh!teloads Points Hardly Any

B. Form

Fri 8 April 2016
Zebre 14 - 43 Glasgow Warriors

Fri 6 March 2015
Glasgow Warriors 26 - 5 Zebre

Sun 15 February 2015
Zebre 10 - 54 Glasgow Warriors

C. Teams

Glasgow Warriors 
Glasgow Warriors v Zebre Rugby, 29 April Mars_b10
Glenn Bryce, Taqele Naiyaravoro, Mark Bennett, Alex Dunbar, Sean Lamont, Duncan Weir, Grayson Hart, Jerry Yanuyanutawa, Pat MacArthur, D'arcy Rae, Greg Peterson, Leone Nakarawa, Rob Harley (capt), Favaro, Ashe.

Replacements: Fraser Brown, Gordon Reid, Zander Fagerson, Tim Swinson, Ryan Wilson, Ali Price, Finn Russell, Tommy Seymour.

Zebre Rugby
Glasgow Warriors v Zebre Rugby, 29 April Meditt10
15 Ulrich Beyers, 14 Giulio Toniolatti, 13 Tommaso Boni, 12 Gonzalo Garcia, 11 Kayle Van Zyl, 10 Carlo Canna, 9 Luke Burgess, 8 Federico Ruzza, 7 Filippo Cristiano, 6 Emiliano Caffini, 5 Marco Bortolami, 4 Quintin Geldenhuys (c), 3 Dario Chistolini, 2 Oliviero Fabiani, 1 Andrea De Marchi

Replacements: 16 Bruno Postiglioni, 17 Emiliano Coria, 18 Pietro Ceccarelli, 19 Gideon Koegelenberg, 20 Andries Van Schalkwyk, 21 Guglielmo Palazzani, 22 Giulio Bisegni, 23 Kelly Haimona

Last edited by George Carlin on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Zebre Rugby, 29 April Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Zebre Rugby, 29 April

Post by George Carlin Mon 25 Apr 2016, 3:43 pm

Sober and observant Scottish posters (both of you) will realise that with the Pro12 website down, this match thread is not as factually accurate in places as it usually is.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Zebre Rugby, 29 April Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Zebre Rugby, 29 April

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Mon 25 Apr 2016, 3:44 pm

I beg to differ actually.....

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 25 Apr 2016, 3:51 pm

GC - you should get a job with the SNP on this sort of factual prowess.....

I'm going to stick my neck out: Glasgow will win.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Mon 25 Apr 2016, 4:02 pm

FES, not to delve too deeply into politics, but have you seen that the SNP have accidentally borrowed a campaign slogan from Thatcher in 1979? I genuinely can't remember the last time I was this happy on a Monday afternoon.

As for the match, you know, I think you might be right. It'll be tight, but Glasgow by four. Tries.

Lady Bru and I will be attending, followed by a romantic weekend in the Empire's second city. If anyone's around on Friday night at the Scout Hut, let me know and we'll grab a pint.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 25 Apr 2016, 4:22 pm

What is the record winning margin in Pro12 history?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Mon 25 Apr 2016, 4:27 pm

Not sure about the largest win, but I'm pretty sure the record score was when Finn Russell got with Miss Scotland.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 25 Apr 2016, 4:49 pm

She was attracted to his personality?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Mon 25 Apr 2016, 4:56 pm

LondonTiger wrote:She was attracted to his personality?

Where is that photo of him in his swim shorts? She likes muscles

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 25 Apr 2016, 5:15 pm

DO NOT google "Finn Russell Topless"

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Mon 25 Apr 2016, 5:26 pm

What did you find? Shocked

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 25 Apr 2016, 5:33 pm

IanBru wrote:Not sure about the largest win, but I'm pretty sure the record score was when Finn Russell got with Miss Scotland.

warning warning warning You had better pray that the blessed Hagia Sophia never reads these boards, you smutty potty mouth that you are. warning warning warning

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 25 Apr 2016, 5:38 pm

Actually, you had better pray that no right minded, clean living poster from here is going to the Scout Hut on Friday and at present is rehearsing the words, "Aye, ever since you initiated Ian into the ways of woman he's been wearing a Cary Grant blazer and talking trash to prove how "down with the kids " he is. "

Actually, you're safe; it's only Schiz who's going and "right minded", "clean living" don't really come into it do they?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 25 Apr 2016, 5:39 pm

Hazel Sapling wrote:What did you find? Shocked

NSFW

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Mon 25 Apr 2016, 7:18 pm

Anyone know when Richie Vernon is expected back?

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 26 Apr 2016, 8:21 am

Nematode wrote:Anyone know when Richie Vernon is expected back?
Apparently he is available for pantomime and bar mitzvahs immediately.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 26 Apr 2016, 8:41 am

IanBru wrote:Not sure about the largest win, but I'm pretty sure the record score was when Finn Russell got with Miss Scotland.

I don't think this post got the appreciation it rightly deserved! Laugh clap

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Tue 26 Apr 2016, 9:08 am

The record victory looks to be 75-7 Ospreys vs Treviso in 2014. I think that will be hard to beat. Reckon something along the lines of 6 tries to 2. Want to see something like

Bryce, Big T, Bennett/Dunbar, Horne, Jones, Weir, Price/Hart; Yanny, MacArthur, Fagerson, Swinson, Naka, Holmes, Fusaro/Favaro, Strauss

Last edited by Hazel Sapling on Tue 26 Apr 2016, 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Never mind. Found it eventually.)

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Tue 26 Apr 2016, 10:02 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:

I don't think this post got the appreciation it rightly deserved! Laugh clap
Mate, as with all comic geniuses, I am unappreciated in my time. Although I suspect my 'genius' is much like Kanye West's - if I say it often enough, someone might actually believe it!

jimbopip wrote:warning warning warning  You had better pray that the blessed Hagia Sophia never reads these boards, you smutty potty mouth that you are. warning warning warning
She keeps threatening to get an account, but I've told her she'd likely be the only woman on here - like the beach scene in Eurotrip.

jimbopip wrote:Actually, you're safe; it's only Schiz who's going and "right minded", "clean living"  don't really come into it do they?
I think we're meeting Schitz at the Scout Hut either before or after the match - should be a good'un! Ale Ale Ale

IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Tue 26 Apr 2016, 10:27 am

I'd probably go for:

Grant, MacArthur, Fagerson
Swinson, Nakarawa
Harley, Fusaro, Wilson
Price Weir Lamont Johnson Bennett Jones Bryce

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 26 Apr 2016, 12:06 pm

Well if there's ever a game where you can safely rest one or two players it is this one, although I suspect Toonie will want to keep the momentum going as well.

This could be a nice opportunity for Sean Lamont to play his final game for the Warriors at Scotstoun.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Tue 26 Apr 2016, 12:24 pm

Well, the players have just had a weeks holiday and before the semi-finals there is another weeks rest, I think? Full strength for me, with subs coming on early and then same again against the Craggy Islanders:

Reid
Brown
Puafisi
Naka
Gray
Harley
Favaro
Strauss

Pyrgos
Russell
Seymour
Dunbar
Bennett
Lamont
Hogg

Jerrry Y
McArthur
Zander
Swinson
Wilson
Hart
Horne
Big T

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 26 Apr 2016, 2:21 pm

I fancy we will give the cnadian LH a game this week, if not now then when?

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Tue 26 Apr 2016, 3:02 pm

Coule be an option from the bench, BigGee. I think LH is a position of weakness in the GW squad, relatively speaking - none of the options are close to Dickinson.

My friend is involved in the Canada squad and has said the LH is a bit of a beast - he certainly has the physique so it would be interesting to see what he can do against Zebra, who are no mugs when it comes to scrummaging.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 26 Apr 2016, 4:21 pm

EST wrote:Coule be an option from the bench, BigGee.  I think LH is a position of weakness in the GW squad, relatively speaking - none of the options are close to Dickinson.

My friend is involved in the Canada squad and has said the LH is a bit of a beast - he certainly has the physique so it would be interesting to see what he can do against Zebra, who are no mugs when it comes to scrummaging.

Or Sutherland. I think both Reid and Grant have gone alarmingly backwards in the last couple of years - in fact Jerry Y is probably the best loosehead in the GW at the moment.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Tue 26 Apr 2016, 4:35 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
EST wrote:Coule be an option from the bench, BigGee.  I think LH is a position of weakness in the GW squad, relatively speaking - none of the options are close to Dickinson.

Or Sutherland. I think both Reid and Grant have gone alarmingly backwards in the last couple of years - in fact Jerry Y is probably the best loosehead in the GW at the moment.

I would say on form you are probably right fEs, he is playing for a contract against the Canadian which seems to be spurring him on. Regarding the comparisons with Edinburgh, I would almost say that Dell is also the equal of anybody the Warriors have to offer presently.

As jovial a character as big Gordy Reid is, I don't rate him particularly. He is a competent Pro 12 player and won't let anybody down at that level, but Glasgow need better if they are going to progress. As for Grant, I can't remember a player suffering such a drastic loss of form as him.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Wed 27 Apr 2016, 10:51 am

I think Yanny and Grant are the 2 who have struggled. Reid seems to have done alright in the scrum and been good in the loose. Yanny has become a penalty magnet and Grant has fallen off the proverbial cliff.

Would not be surprised to see Grant moving to the Championship or the French D2 next season. I think it could be one of those where Glasgow get given a LH after giving Edinburgh Weir and Bryce. Djustice may prove to be good but really could do with a young SQ prop at Glasgow with Reid. Arguably Yanny is on the bubble as a NSQ prop.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Wed 27 Apr 2016, 1:00 pm

Hazel Sapling wrote:Would not be surprised to see Grant moving to the Championship or the French D2 next season. I think it could be one of those where Glasgow get given a LH after giving Edinburgh Weir and Bryce. Djustice may prove to be good but really could do with a young SQ prop at Glasgow with Reid. Arguably Yanny is on the bubble as a NSQ prop.

You can have Weir back and play him at prop?

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Thu 28 Apr 2016, 12:18 pm

Glasgow Team:
15. Glenn Bryce
14. Taqele Naiyaravoro
13. Mark Bennett
12. Alex Dunbar
11. Sean Lamont
10. Duncan Weir
9. Grayson Hart

1. Jerry Yanuyanutawa
2. Pat MacArthur
3. D’arcy Rae
4. Greg Peterson
5. Leone Nakarawa
6. Rob Harley (Captain)
7. Simone Favaro
8. Adam Ashe

Replacements

16. Fraser Brown
17. Gordon Reid
18. Zander Fagerson
19. Tim Swinson
20. Ryan Wilson
21. Ali Price
22. Finn Russell
23. Tommy Seymour

Not available due to injury: Alex Allan (concussion), Ryan Grant (arm), Peter Horne (concussion / illness), Sila Puafisi (concussion), Henry Pyrgos (neck), Fergus Scott (shoulder) and Richie Vernon (shoulder).

Don't understand the sponsorship on back of shorts.

HARRY FAIRBAIRN BMW INCREASE SUPPORT FOR RUN-IN
Glasgow Warriors are delighted to announce that Harry Fairbairn BMW, a sponsor of Glasgow Warriors, have increased their sponsorship for their logo to be included on the back of the players’ shorts for the run-in to the season.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Thu 28 Apr 2016, 12:26 pm

Rae is a surprise to start but I am happy with the decision. Needs to prove he is a viable tighthead at this level with Puafisi, Fagerson and Firth around next season.

Yanny (as I accidentally predicted earlier that day) is on his way so no problem with him starting. He will give his all and deserves a chance to say goodbye properly.

Big pack that should wear down Zebre. The Fijians will get a send off (well, Naka and Yanny should get a good one) and hopefully something like 38-10 with 3 tries in the last 20 minutes for Glasgow to pull away

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 28 Apr 2016, 1:21 pm

I am very surprised we are not going to see the Canadian prop get a chance. Hard to imagine that he will get played in any of the remaining games barring an injury. Maybe he is not considered fit enough at the moment. I saw him up close when I was in Italy and he looks like a pretty solid lump.

It will be very interesting if whether they decide to hang onto him, with Jerry Y going, it does look like we are light one LH for next season.

Other than that it is a team that really aught to beat Zebre with something to spare. A few of the big boys getting another week off, which is probably sensible, the big games come thick and fast after this one.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 28 Apr 2016, 1:31 pm

Classic bits and pieces Tombola selection. A chance for Sean Lamont to use his devastating pace and Big T should have the chance to run in a couple.

A couple of Edinburgh bound players in that backline - they should enjoy these games whilst they can!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Thu 28 Apr 2016, 2:45 pm

Well, I have been dumfounded by the Tombola - not for the first time.

A relatively strong team, but not one I thought we would see. I assumed he would go full strength considering everybody has had a week off. Hogg, for example, won't have played for a month by the time the Connacht game comes around.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 28 Apr 2016, 3:49 pm

Odd that Peter Murchie isn't listed as missing, and yet Bryce (who is leaving Glasgow) starts. I'd have thought Murchie the better player in any case.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 28 Apr 2016, 6:15 pm

Cannot recall for the life me whether Andy Brace is any good with the whistle or not.

If I'm remembering him correctly, then I'm afraid that he's not.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Fri 29 Apr 2016, 10:24 am

George Carlin wrote:Cannot recall for the life me whether Andy Brace is any good with the whistle or not.

Wasn't he a drummer for Spinal Tap? He's either the one who died in a bizarre gardening accident, or the one who choked on someone else's vomit.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 29 Apr 2016, 12:21 pm

IanBru wrote:
George Carlin wrote:Cannot recall for the life me whether Andy Brace is any good with the whistle or not.

Wasn't he a drummer for Spinal Tap? He's either the one who died in a bizarre gardening accident, or the one who choked on someone else's vomit.

I am thunderstruck; 606's very own Leslie Halliwell has muffed up a film reference.

"Yes, the cause of death was "inhalation of vomit. Nobody's sure whose, though."

I'm quoting from memory, Bruster, but at least I got the punchline in.

I may come over as slightly narky, but that's because I won't be going to Scotstoun tonight. Doh

And I'm spending this morning packing Young Pipetto's bag for his first ever rugby tour. Which means MrsPip will expect us to take advantage of our freedom and GO OUT SOMEWHERE tonight and I'll end up watching a recording of the match at two in the morning. Doh Doh Doh

p.s. did I mention that Pipetto got "Most Improved Player" at the Youth Awards last week?

p.p.ps. Have I mentioned that I wish I was at Scotstoun tonight?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 29 Apr 2016, 3:08 pm

Jimbo - it's been 19 months and 22 days since I last managed to watch a rugby match live. No sympathy.

Well done to young Pipetto. I'm presuming that you've brainwashed him into thinking Scotland were the team in white that won the grand slam, and if he's any good he should sign-up with the SRU??

Love Spinal Tap. I was going to (try to) watch a documentary on Barack Obama this evening, but I think I'll watch This is Spinal Tap instead.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 29 Apr 2016, 3:33 pm

Thanks Oh Festering One. I'm sure you'll remember the dilemma of the exile....Do I cash in my brownie points on weekend "home" for the semi-final or wait and see if we make the final. Headscratch

Oh, sorry there Ted.

I forgot that as a Luvvie you don't have that kind of dilemma. laughing

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Fri 29 Apr 2016, 7:59 pm

Anyone watching this? I see that we just led Zebre score, for some reason.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 29 Apr 2016, 8:02 pm

Is that Zebre's first points away from home in 5 games?

Come on Glasgow...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 29 Apr 2016, 8:28 pm

George, the Zebre are targeting Nayaravoro's wing whenever they can; with good reason, his defence is appalling.

However, Glasgow are breathtaking with ball in hand. Jerry Yanu made a blistering break in the lead up to one of the tries and offloaded to D'Arcy Rae who was fastest man in support. Shocked

5 tries to 2 at half time Shocked Shocked

The only negative is Nayaravoro's decision to dedicate this evening's performance to his role model, Timothy Visser esq.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Fri 29 Apr 2016, 9:28 pm

70 points will do, like.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 29 Apr 2016, 11:05 pm

What the hell!!!

I was about to say "the Italian teams are really woeful and they'll be lucky to stay in the league in years to come"

Then I saw the Connacht score
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 29 Apr 2016, 11:11 pm

Just finished watching the game. Some lovely passages of play. Glasgow are going to miss Naka next season. He creates those something from nothing moments that Matawalu used to create as well, and I really do think Toonie would have been well advised to hang onto Jerry Y. His work in the loose is obviously very good but the first scrum aside (a decision I disagree with as I felt the Zebre prop hinged the contact rather than drove fairly) he had a generally solid afternoon in other aspects.

From an Edinburgh perspective (what else matters?) I thought Bryce looked fairly useful. Obviously all those lovely lines, steps and killer pace won't help him much when it comes to chasing down those aimless up and unders next season, but nice to know he has a few tricks up his sleeve just in case. I also thought Meatball had an efficient game. Nothing flash but he nailed his kicks and his passing was flat and crisp.

Final observation: Stuart Hogg is as boring a pundit as he is thrilling a player!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Sat 30 Apr 2016, 9:04 am

I watched the game live and it was painful.

Don't get me wrong, some of the Glasgow tries were nicely worked, but it was akin to watching a Germany team with Neur, Muller, and co play the San Marino over 60's team. The tries were expected given the zebre "defence" which took the gloss over many.

Hate to say this, but in my book the Italians have one year to improve or they lose a team. The Scotland U18s could have won this and that is not exaggerating.

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 30 Apr 2016, 10:01 am

I'll have to disagree with you Mr Tode, you can only beat what's in front of you and Glasgow put in a very impressive 80 minutes.

There were a lot of positives, not least Ian Bru's cameo appearance applauding Meatball's try. However, I paused and rewound and there was no sign of the Hagia Sophia in the crowd. Shocked Has this relationship gone the way of your long term romance with Cameron Diaz? But hopefully without the restraining order.

Here's a thought for the day: the following didn't start last night and should be available for the trip to Craggy Island Seconds:
Puafisi
Little Jonny
Bluto
Henners
Dancer
Tennessee Tam
Hoggie

I think we won there and get a home play off. However, if Ulster can turn over the Ladyboys them we could end up top and playing Ulster. Would it be better to be second and at home to Craggy Island? chin

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 30 Apr 2016, 10:05 am

You've got to wonder what the likes of Duncan Weir are thinking after last night - he might not have had a choice in the matter but he's leaving his hometown club, a club that will regularly be challenging for trophies, to go to, well, Edinburgh!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 30 Apr 2016, 10:11 am

Yes RDW, and to make it worse the stand out player for the Luvvies in the period since Meatball's announcement has been Jason "I hate the feccin Welsh" Tovey. Will young Duncan go from being the second best 10 (actually 3rd best behind Naka, and fourth fastest 10 behind Jerry) at the home of the champions to the second best 10 at the home of the exfoliators?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Sat 30 Apr 2016, 10:14 am

Watched the game this morning. Amazing score with a great performance to go with it. Zebre really are awful aren't they.

Lovely gesture by angel at the end there.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next