Judgement Day

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Judgement Day

Post by No9 on Wed 27 Apr 2016, 2:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

The WRU say 70,000 tickets have been sold... but, as this party run its course.

I ask, as don't recollect anyone discussing here, and I remember last year all too well, where the games started to slow up and the major excitement around where I was in the stadium was who could get their paper plane to fly the furthest...

I guess, the WRU will paint it as a successful event again, and it is in marketing terms as selling 70k tickets is a great achievement, but is it a success in rugby terms..

Thoughts...

No9

Posts : 769
Join date : 2013-09-20
Location : South Wales

Back to top Go down


Re: Judgement Day

Post by PhilBB on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 10:03 am

LordDowlais wrote:

So what you are saying is then, that there was seats available to your liking, you were just too late to get them.

Yeah, thats everybody else's fault that is. 

Why can't your brain process that simple piece of information?

Bloody hell.

My season ticket allowed for me to have a lower tier ticket. I didn't know that until that ticket arrived about a week ago.

I didn't know until then what 'seats to my liking' were available because, get this, I didn't know what seat I was going to be given.

Is that in there now, Andy?

PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by PhilBB on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 10:03 am

munkian wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
munkian wrote:I can't go to Judgement Day but could've got a Middle Tier ticket with my North Terrace ST Whistle  Very Happy

You should have gone one automatically.

I assume its still in the Dragon's ticket office.

They didn't post the tickets out?

PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by munkian on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 10:14 am

PhilBB wrote:
munkian wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
munkian wrote:I can't go to Judgement Day but could've got a Middle Tier ticket with my North Terrace ST Whistle  Very Happy

You should have gone one automatically.

I assume its still in the Dragon's ticket office.

They didn't post the tickets out?

Possibly, Ive just moved so they may have gone to my old flat.

Not hugely lookign forward to it anyway - the Turks have brought their own ref again Rolling Eyes

munkian

Posts : 6441
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 35
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by GavinDragon on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 10:14 am

More than happy with the concept and having to travel that little bit further to watch the game. I think the fact that I get to watch another live game more than makes up for the inconvenience.

With regards to losing the home game at Rodders, and the atmosphere it brings etc, I don't think we are losing too much if I am honest. I was at the Ospreys game a while back and it was little different to a regular home game (or it certainly felt that way to me). Now if it was a Blues game, it would be different. But as a ST holder I am more than happy that we are probably making more money in doing this than staging a Scarlets game at RP.

GavinDragon

Posts : 2493
Join date : 2011-05-03
Age : 30
Location : Monmouthshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by LordDowlais on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 10:15 am

Well Phil, don't worry, me and 70,000 other people will not miss you on Saturday. OK

LordDowlais

Posts : 10142
Join date : 2011-05-18
Age : 39
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by PhilBB on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 10:17 am

LordDowlais wrote:Well Phil, don't worry, me and 70,000 other people will not miss you on Saturday. OK

True.

But at least you've now been educated on the seating system for the event, so some positive has come from this.

PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by LordDowlais on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 10:17 am

GavinDragon wrote:More than happy with the concept and having to travel that little bit further to watch the game. I think the fact that I get to watch another live game more than makes up for the inconvenience.

With regards to losing the home game at Rodders, and the atmosphere it brings etc, I don't think we are losing too much if I am honest. I was at the Ospreys game a while back and it was little different to a regular home game (or it certainly felt that way to me). Now if it was a Blues game, it would be different. But as a ST holder I am more than happy that we are probably making more money in doing this than staging a Scarlets game at RP.


That's the spirit Gav. thumbsup

LordDowlais

Posts : 10142
Join date : 2011-05-18
Age : 39
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by GavinDragon on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 10:18 am

munkian wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
munkian wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
munkian wrote:I can't go to Judgement Day but could've got a Middle Tier ticket with my North Terrace ST Whistle  Very Happy

You should have gone one automatically.

I assume its still in the Dragon's ticket office.

They didn't post the tickets out?

Possibly, Ive just moved so they may have gone to my old flat.

Not hugely lookign forward to it anyway - the Turks have brought their own ref again Rolling Eyes

No, you have to collect it from the ticket office.

GavinDragon

Posts : 2493
Join date : 2011-05-03
Age : 30
Location : Monmouthshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by PenfroPete on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 10:18 am

munkian wrote:
Possibly, Ive just moved so they may have gone to my old flat.

Not hugely lookign forward to it anyway - the Turks have brought their own ref again Rolling Eyes

?? Ben Whitehouse

PenfroPete

Posts : 3401
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 55
Location : Pentre'r Eglwys, Cymru

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by RiscaGame on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 10:18 am

LordDowlais wrote:Risca, why can't you just take it for what it is ? Dragons will get more money from this event as well. This is good for Welsh rugby as a whole.

Two games for a tenner. Perhaps this might make casual fans attend more games, even if it is just one extra, then it will be a success. 

The fact that you are moaning about it before it has happened well, that is just you I suppose. For £10 you could take the family and make a day of it, that is what I am doing. I have even booked parking in advance for £8 all day. 

All I am saying is, just take it for what it is.

Money shouldn't be everything though, just to short change the NGD players and supporters. We lose atmosphere for a start. Why should I as a Dragons supporter care about benefitting Welsh rugby as a whole? If that's what it is for, then make the teams alternate home games some way.

I'm hardly moaning about it Dowlais, I'm merely pulling you up on your weird idea that anybody who mentions negatives about tomorrow is wrong.

I could take my family for £10, as three of us are season ticket holders. Doesn't mean I should sit there tunnel visioned like you, thinking everything is great when it isn't.

It also doesn't mean I'm going there expecting the worst. It just means that I should be able to say why I didn't like the day (if that's the case) and not have some casual day tripper like you judging me.

RiscaGame

Posts : 1006
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by RiscaGame on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 10:20 am

LordDowlais wrote:Well Phil, don't worry, me and 70,000 other people will not miss you on Saturday. OK

I'm glad you have assigned yourself as spokesman for 70,000 people. How very Dowlais.

RiscaGame

Posts : 1006
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by RiscaGame on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 10:22 am

GavinDragon wrote:More than happy with the concept and having to travel that little bit further to watch the game. I think the fact that I get to watch another live game more than makes up for the inconvenience.

With regards to losing the home game at Rodders, and the atmosphere it brings etc, I don't think we are losing too much if I am honest. I was at the Ospreys game a while back and it was little different to a regular home game (or it certainly felt that way to me). Now if it was a Blues game, it would be different. But as a ST holder I am more than happy that we are probably making more money in doing this than staging a Scarlets game at RP.

Maybe the atmosphere from our fans was no different, but there will be more away supporters in this and that's the problem.

RiscaGame

Posts : 1006
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by mikey_dragon on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 10:23 am

Bedford they've agreed, and signed up for a No. of years. Next time maybe we all sign up the Dragons won't lose a home game?

As for the OP, what exactly do you want from this event? Rather than whine about it get down there and support welsh rugby. If not and you prefer to stay at home on your soap box, try to refrain from whining on here so I don't have to read it.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 4944
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by GavinDragon on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 10:26 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Bedford they've agreed, and signed up for a No. of years. Next time maybe we all sign up the Dragons won't lose a home game?

As for the OP, what exactly do you want from this event? Rather than whine about it get down there and support welsh rugby. If not and you prefer to stay at home on your soap box, try to refrain from whining on here so I don't have to read it.

Talk of a double header at the start of the season with the Scarlets and Ospreys giving up their home games. One thing I did hear is that they would like to put it at the Liberty, but I don't know how the turks would feel about that? I also wonder whether they would fill out both games? Perhaps the Ospreys vs Blues, but I don't know if the Scarlets vs Dragons would for example.

GavinDragon

Posts : 2493
Join date : 2011-05-03
Age : 30
Location : Monmouthshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by munkian on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 10:28 am

PenfroPete wrote:
munkian wrote:
Possibly, Ive just moved so they may have gone to my old flat.

Not hugely lookign forward to it anyway - the Turks have brought their own ref again Rolling Eyes

?? Ben Whitehouse

Yupp, on first name terms with all the Baby Eater players, refers to ours by number.

munkian

Posts : 6441
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 35
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by GavinDragon on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 10:28 am

RiscaGame wrote:
GavinDragon wrote:More than happy with the concept and having to travel that little bit further to watch the game. I think the fact that I get to watch another live game more than makes up for the inconvenience.

With regards to losing the home game at Rodders, and the atmosphere it brings etc, I don't think we are losing too much if I am honest. I was at the Ospreys game a while back and it was little different to a regular home game (or it certainly felt that way to me). Now if it was a Blues game, it would be different. But as a ST holder I am more than happy that we are probably making more money in doing this than staging a Scarlets game at RP.

Maybe the atmosphere from our fans was no different, but there will be more away supporters in this and that's the problem.

I think as we are a cash poor region, the likely additional £££ from this is more than worth it. Besides, the region are putting on free coaches (which I will be travelling on) so in affect if you are a ST holder and travel by coach you have a day out in the Cardiff free of charge and have free entry to watch a second game of rugby. Win - win for me.

GavinDragon

Posts : 2493
Join date : 2011-05-03
Age : 30
Location : Monmouthshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by bedfordwelsh on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 10:29 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Bedford they've agreed, and signed up for a No. of years. Next time maybe we all sign up the Dragons won't lose a home game?

As for the OP, what exactly do you want from this event? Rather than whine about it get down there and support welsh rugby. If not and you prefer to stay at home on your soap box, try to refrain from whining on here so I don't have to read it.

Alternating whose home game it is may go some way to addressing the balance a bit but if the Regions have signed up then unfortunately we cant totally blame the Union even if I want to Wink.


bedfordwelsh
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 9934
Join date : 2011-05-11
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by RiscaGame on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 10:32 am

The travel isn't an issue Gav. It's probably easier for me to get to Cardiff than Newport, thanks to the train station on my doorstep.

I'll almost certainly be watching the first game in a pub too. Don't fancy remortgaging, so I can drink in the PS all day Wink

RiscaGame

Posts : 1006
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by LordDowlais on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 10:36 am

RiscaGame wrote:I'm hardly moaning about it Dowlais, I'm merely pulling you up on your weird idea that anybody who mentions negatives about tomorrow is wrong. 

I have not said this though have I ? 

Why do you keep saying things like this about me without any substance, I doubt I would get an apology of you for saying things like this either, so you might as well keep insulting me. Rolling Eyes

LordDowlais

Posts : 10142
Join date : 2011-05-18
Age : 39
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by LordDowlais on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 10:38 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Bedford they've agreed, and signed up for a No. of years. Next time maybe we all sign up the Dragons won't lose a home game?

As for the OP, what exactly do you want from this event? Rather than whine about it get down there and support welsh rugby. If not and you prefer to stay at home on your soap box, try to refrain from whining on here so I don't have to read it.

I could not agree more. clap

Feck me, is this what it feels like ? This is like one of those times where all the planets line up. Me agreeing with mikey. Smile

LordDowlais

Posts : 10142
Join date : 2011-05-18
Age : 39
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by RiscaGame on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 10:45 am

LordDowlais wrote:
RiscaGame wrote:I'm hardly moaning about it Dowlais, I'm merely pulling you up on your weird idea that anybody who mentions negatives about tomorrow is wrong. 

I have not said this though have I ? 

Why do you keep saying things like this about me without any substance, I doubt I would get an apology of you for saying things like this either, so you might as well keep insulting me. Rolling Eyes

So what is this then?

LordDowlais wrote:but if you cannot enjoy yourself watching two professional games of rugby for a tenner whilst making a day of it then I suppose it says more about you than anything else. 

Hardly suggesting they're right, is it? So maybe just a little more substance to what I am saying, than what you are?

RiscaGame

Posts : 1006
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by LordDowlais on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 10:51 am

Risca, where have I said anybody would be wrong though ? This is typical of you, constantly trying to belittle me all the time, why don't you take my advice ? You might enjoy life a bit more.

I would not tell anybody they are wrong for disliking JD, I am just asking people to take it for what it is for, a good day out. I am not telling anyone to do anything, yet you would rather portray that it is exactly what I am doing, again, trying to belittle me. 

And I stand by what I say, if you cannot take it for what it is, then it does say more about you than anything else, but it does not mean you are wrong though.

Still I doubt I will get an apology off you. Smile

LordDowlais

Posts : 10142
Join date : 2011-05-18
Age : 39
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by mikey_dragon on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 10:52 am

LordDowlais wrote:but if you cannot enjoy yourself watching two professional games of rugby for a tenner whilst making a day of it then I suppose it says more about you than anything else. 

Hardly suggesting they're right, is it? So maybe just a little more substance to what I am saying, than what you are?[/quote]

It sounds like something I would say tbh. Fans were asking for a double header for years, now we have one people seem intent on bitching about it. The problems that ST holders are experiencing might be rectified when the contract is renewed - plus, no Roger Lewis this time around so the union might be more open to discussing the T&Cs.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 4944
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by RiscaGame on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 11:05 am

LordDowlais wrote:Risca, where have I said anybody would be wrong though ? This is typical of you, constantly trying to belittle me all the time, why don't you take my advice ? You might enjoy life a bit more.

I would not tell anybody they are wrong for disliking JD, I am just asking people to take it for what it is for, a good day out. I am not telling anyone to do anything, yet you would rather portray that it is exactly what I am doing, again, trying to belittle me. 

And I stand by what I say, if you cannot take it for what it is, then it does say more about you than anything else, but it does not mean you are wrong though.

Still I doubt I will get an apology off you. Smile

So you are again qualified to judge that I don't enjoy my life? Interesting. I didn't know a carpet business/career as a journalist provided you with that expertise.

It's a good day out for you. That's great. But you should take the point that if its purpose is to let everybody have a good day out, then games should be alternated or something.

So how are people not wrong in your eyes, if they can't take it for what it is? What does saying more about me mean then? Just answer that, without waffle (I know that's hard).

RiscaGame

Posts : 1006
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by RiscaGame on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 11:08 am

.


Last edited by RiscaGame on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total

RiscaGame

Posts : 1006
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by RiscaGame on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 11:10 am

mikey_dragon wrote:It sounds like something I would say tbh. Fans were asking for a double header for years, now we have one people seem intent on bitching about it. The problems that ST holders are experiencing might be rectified when the contract is renewed - plus, no Roger Lewis this time around so the union might be more open to discussing the T&Cs.

To be honest, I don't know which fans have been asking for a double header. But if it is as I suspect (i.e. it was probably more Western based supporters), then something should be done to make it a fairer split, whether that be an extra game or whatever. Then you would have no issues with teams losing home games and you could then satisfy Dowlais' view that Judgement Day should be there for a good day out.

RiscaGame

Posts : 1006
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by munkian on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 11:16 am

Yeah, my main issue with Judgement day is its always one our home games and giving up home advantage is huge for a team like ours.

If the stadium was also divided up into 4 lots of fans that would be better I guess.


munkian

Posts : 6441
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 35
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by LordDowlais on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 11:17 am

RiscaGame wrote:So how are people not wrong in your eyes, if they can't take it for what it is? What does saying more about me mean then? Just answer that, without waffle (I know that's hard).

Typical Risca again. So now that I have said to you I have not said people are wrong for having their own points of view on JD, now you are asking me to explain how people are NOT wrong ? 

FFS, give it up man. 

If coming on here and belittling me is making you enjoy your life then carry on. But please stop accusing me of saying things that I have not said.

You moaning about it is exactly like the way you constantly come on here and belittle me, that is what it says about you.

Now I will ask you one last time. Show me where I have said people are wrong for their negative attitudes towards JD. You will not be able to, but you will keep wriggling your way around it.

LordDowlais

Posts : 10142
Join date : 2011-05-18
Age : 39
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 11:25 am

LordDowlais wrote:Show me where I have said people are wrong for their negative attitudes towards JD.

LordDowlais wrote:No doubt we will have people coming on here on Sunday saying how they did not enjoy themselves because of this that and the other, but if you cannot enjoy yourself watching two professional games of rugby for a tenner whilst making a day of it then I suppose it says more about you than anything else.


OK

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 21221
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 38
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by RiscaGame on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 11:38 am

LordDowlais wrote:
RiscaGame wrote:So how are people not wrong in your eyes, if they can't take it for what it is? What does saying more about me mean then? Just answer that, without waffle (I know that's hard).

Typical Risca again. So now that I have said to you I have not said people are wrong for having their own points of view on JD, now you are asking me to explain how people are NOT wrong ? 

FFS, give it up man. 

If coming on here and belittling me is making you enjoy your life then carry on. But please stop accusing me of saying things that I have not said.

You moaning about it is exactly like the way you constantly come on here and belittle me, that is what it says about you.

Now I will ask you one last time. Show me where I have said people are wrong for their negative attitudes towards JD. You will not be able to, but you will keep wriggling your way around it.

LP has done so for you, much like I did. So I am not wriggling around anything. More like you are, with your waffling posts.

You moaning about it is exactly like the way you constantly come on here and belittle me, that is what it says about you.

That's so nonsencial, it's untrue. I wasn't suggesting you were directly insinuating there was something wrong with me at first. But then you insist in getting yourself worked up again, posting waffle about apologies etc and then moaning about me allegedly belittling you (whilst all the while barely answering my posts as to why people might not like the concept as much as you).

RiscaGame

Posts : 1006
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by SecretFly on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 11:39 am

Dear Lord, Lord tried to slide past ever vigilant Luckless.

His Luck ran out.

SecretFly

Posts : 23841
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by RiscaGame on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 11:41 am

SecretFly wrote:Dear Lord, Lord tried to slide past ever vigilant Luckless.  

His Luck ran out.

He'll probably accept it from Luckless too, though he couldn't when I showed him. Luckless was more to the point though. He's a good lad (LP).

RiscaGame

Posts : 1006
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by ScarletSpiderman on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 11:45 am

munkian wrote:
PenfroPete wrote:
munkian wrote:
Possibly, Ive just moved so they may have gone to my old flat.

Not hugely lookign forward to it anyway - the Turks have brought their own ref again Rolling Eyes

?? Ben Whitehouse

Yupp, on first name terms with all the Baby Eater players, refers to ours by number.

He's on first name terms with them because he has carded most of them this season.

ScarletSpiderman

Posts : 9423
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 32
Location : Pembs

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by RiscaGame on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 11:45 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
munkian wrote:
PenfroPete wrote:
munkian wrote:
Possibly, Ive just moved so they may have gone to my old flat.

Not hugely lookign forward to it anyway - the Turks have brought their own ref again Rolling Eyes

?? Ben Whitehouse

Yupp, on first name terms with all the Baby Eater players, refers to ours by number.

He's on first name terms with them because he has carded most of them this season.


Yahoo laughing

RiscaGame

Posts : 1006
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by SecretFly on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 11:47 am

RiscaGame wrote:
SecretFly wrote:Dear Lord, Lord tried to slide past ever vigilant Luckless.  

His Luck ran out.

He'll probably accept it from Luckless too, though he couldn't when I showed him. Luckless was more to the point though. He's a good lad (LP).

I think Lord is basically a good lad too....just very passionate, with an 'off' switch that he gets it hard to find Wink

SecretFly

Posts : 23841
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by LordDowlais on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 11:47 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:Show me where I have said people are wrong for their negative attitudes towards JD.

LordDowlais wrote:No doubt we will have people coming on here on Sunday saying how they did not enjoy themselves because of this that and the other, but if you cannot enjoy yourself watching two professional games of rugby for a tenner whilst making a day of it then I suppose it says more about you than anything else.


OK


Please point out in all that where I have said people are wrong. OK

LordDowlais

Posts : 10142
Join date : 2011-05-18
Age : 39
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by PhilBB on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 11:48 am

Andy Dowellais just is the gift that keeps on giving.

PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by ScarletSpiderman on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 11:48 am

bedfordwelsh wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Bedford they've agreed, and signed up for a No. of years. Next time maybe we all sign up the Dragons won't lose a home game?

As for the OP, what exactly do you want from this event? Rather than whine about it get down there and support welsh rugby. If not and you prefer to stay at home on your soap box, try to refrain from whining on here so I don't have to read it.

Alternating whose home game it is may go some way to addressing the balance a bit but if the Regions have signed up then unfortunately we cant totally blame the Union even if I want to Wink.


I think the original plan was to have it be Ospreys v Scarlets, Dragons V Blues, and then the second time it would be Scarlets V Ospreys, Blues V Dragons.  But both the Scarlets and Dragons Ospreys told them that we can sell out our derby games, and that will actually be more money for us that Judgement Day, so jog on.  I can't see the financials being significant enough for them to go for it yet (also its further away for them so less 'local')


Last edited by ScarletSpiderman on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo dixed (left in there crossed out))

ScarletSpiderman

Posts : 9423
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 32
Location : Pembs

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by RiscaGame on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 11:49 am

PhilBB wrote:Andy Dowellais just is the gift that keeps on giving.

laughing laughing

RiscaGame

Posts : 1006
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by PhilBB on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 11:54 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
I think the original plan was to have it be Ospreys v Scarlets, Dragons V Blues, and then the second time it would be Scarlets V Ospreys, Blues V Dragons.  But both the Scarlets and Dragons told them that we can sell out our derby games, and that will actually be more money for us that Judgement Day, so jog on.  I can't see the financials being significant enough for them to go for it yet (also its further away for them so less 'local')

Eh?

These are Cardiff and NGD home games.

PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by LordDowlais on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 11:55 am

Ah, thats it, it's easier for Risca to just insult, take the p1ss and belittle people rather than accept he is wrong and apologise for what he has wrongly accused somebody for, and what is more, he has found a leg to hump with our resident arguer PhilBB. 

typical Risca. Rolling Eyes

Anyway, I will leave it there now as it is de-railing a decent thread.

LordDowlais

Posts : 10142
Join date : 2011-05-18
Age : 39
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 11:56 am

LordDowlais wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:Show me where I have said people are wrong for their negative attitudes towards JD.

LordDowlais wrote:No doubt we will have people coming on here on Sunday saying how they did not enjoy themselves because of this that and the other, but if you cannot enjoy yourself watching two professional games of rugby for a tenner whilst making a day of it then I suppose it says more about you than anything else.


OK


Please point out in all that where I have said people are wrong. OK

LordDowlais wrote:If you cannot enjoy yourself watching two professional games of rugby for a tenner whilst making a day of it then I suppose it says more about you than anything else.


The implication's quite clear in that.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 21221
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 38
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by LordDowlais on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 12:01 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:The implication's quite clear in that.

No it isn't. Not once have I said that people are wrong. Why can't you just admit that ? You would rather start moving goalposts now just to try and backup what you and Risca have both wrongly accused me of.

And I will still stand by what I said, if you cannot enjoy yourself watching two professional games at our national stadium for a mere £10, then that does say more about you than anything else, but it does not mean you are wrong does it ?

LordDowlais

Posts : 10142
Join date : 2011-05-18
Age : 39
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by SecretFly on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 12:02 pm

..what does it say about them though?

SecretFly

Posts : 23841
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 12:03 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:The implication's quite clear in that.

No it isn't. Not once have I said that people are wrong. Why can't you just admit that ? You would rather start moving goalposts now just to try and backup what you and Risca have both wrongly accused me of.

And I will still stand by what I said, if you cannot enjoy yourself watching two professional games at our national stadium for a mere £10, then that does say more about you than anything else, but it does not mean you are wrong does it ?

You're saying that a person must have something wrong with them if they can't enjoy that.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 21221
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 38
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by RiscaGame on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 12:06 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:The implication's quite clear in that.

No it isn't. Not once have I said that people are wrong. Why can't you just admit that ? You would rather start moving goalposts now just to try and backup what you and Risca have both wrongly accused me of.

And I will still stand by what I said, if you cannot enjoy yourself watching two professional games at our national stadium for a mere £10, then that does say more about you than anything else, but it does not mean you are wrong does it ?

You're saying that a person must have something wrong with them if they can't enjoy that.

Blood from a stone and all that.

RiscaGame

Posts : 1006
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by PhilBB on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 12:06 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
And I will still stand by what I said, if you cannot enjoy yourself watching two professional games at our national stadium for a mere £10, then that does say more about you than anything else, but it does not mean you are wrong does it ?

In all honesty, do you think that you're fooling anybody?

PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by RiscaGame on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 12:09 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Ah, thats it, it's easier for Risca to just insult, take the p1ss and belittle people rather than accept he is wrong and apologise for what he has wrongly accused somebody for, and what is more, he has found a leg to hump with our resident arguer PhilBB. 

typical Risca. Rolling Eyes

Anyway, I will leave it there now as it is de-railing a decent thread.

Are you being delibrately ironic, when you mention taking the mick and belittling people. Or what is that leg humping nonsense about? Then again, if we are talking about typical posting traits, then nonsense is apt for you.

I have said to you before Andy, that when more than one person picks you up on something it's fair to suggest the problem is with you and how you interpret what you've posted. There is no requirement for LP or my good self to apologise to you, for your inability to clearly put across your point.

RiscaGame

Posts : 1006
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by ScarletSpiderman on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 12:13 pm

PhilBB wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:
I think the original plan was to have it be Ospreys v Scarlets, Dragons V Blues, and then the second time it would be Scarlets V Ospreys, Blues V Dragons.  But both the Scarlets and Dragons Ospreys told them that we can sell out our derby games, and that will actually be more money for us that Judgement Day, so jog on.  I can't see the financials being significant enough for them to go for it yet (also its further away for them so less 'local')

Eh?

These are Cardiff and NGD home games.

I don't know how I could make it any cleared.

The original plans when Judgement Day was being invented was to have the day as the West Wales Derby and as the East Wales Derby, with Ospreys and Dragons as the home teams.  And then the following year to have it as the West Wales Derby and the East Wales Derby with the Scarlets and Blues as the 'home' teams.  However both the Scarlets and the Ospreys told the union that they could jog on, as the West Wales Derby is a sell out in both our home stadiums, so there was no financial gain to it.  That is why it ended up as a far lesser derbies of East v West, and that is why it is always a Blues or Dragons home game.

Is that any clearer for you? I assume it probably is as I have just seen the typo in the original post.


Last edited by ScarletSpiderman on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

ScarletSpiderman

Posts : 9423
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 32
Location : Pembs

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by LordDowlais on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 12:13 pm

Risca you will not apologise because you are too arrogant to admit you are wrong. Not once did I say people are wrong for how they feel about JD, but if you want to pay £10 and sit there all day moaning about, and moan about it on here it does say more about you than anything.

If you are going, then at least TRY and enjoy it FFS.

LordDowlais

Posts : 10142
Join date : 2011-05-18
Age : 39
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:43 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum