The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ghostbusters remake trailer.....Youtube's most hated ever !!! - Sexism ???

+13
superflyweight
Mr Bounce
mikey_dragon
Adam D
Hammersmith harrier
SecretFly
Galted
Derbymanc
Ent
Atila
JDizzle
hampo17
TRUSSMAN66
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ghostbusters remake trailer.....Youtube's most hated ever !!!  -  Sexism ??? Empty Ghostbusters remake trailer.....Youtube's most hated ever !!! - Sexism ???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 01 May 2016, 1:21 pm

Rebooted with an all female cast..

According to Youtube the Ghostbusters trailer is the most hated trailer ever...Watched it myself thought it was okay.....Can understand people being sick of reboots and it does look very similar to the original with better effects..

BUT...The original was no classic and no one gets their asses out when other popular films are redone with Men in the lead roles...

Smell Sexism in the air...Could be wrong..

Won't be watching it personally...Thought both original films sucked..

That's my excuse anyway.. "I ain't afraid of no ghosts !!"..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Ghostbusters remake trailer.....Youtube's most hated ever !!!  -  Sexism ??? Empty Re: Ghostbusters remake trailer.....Youtube's most hated ever !!! - Sexism ???

Post by hampo17 Sun 01 May 2016, 2:13 pm

The original is a classic, certainly people of my generation (a lot younger than you beefster) have grown up with it and seeing this new version is horrific. It's not that it looks poor, which it does, it's that the the people who are the leads just aren't funny.

It also didn't need to be remade, have we seriously ran out of ideas that we have to remake every film? How long before they remake Back To The Future?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ghostbusters remake trailer.....Youtube's most hated ever !!!  -  Sexism ??? Empty Re: Ghostbusters remake trailer.....Youtube's most hated ever !!! - Sexism ???

Post by JDizzle Sun 01 May 2016, 2:31 pm

I defended the idea of remaking it when they announced, because I find Kate McKinnon and Kristen Wiig pretty amusing in most of what they do. However, having seen the trailer, it just looks crap.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Sun 01 May 2016, 8:03 pm

Here's a link to the trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3ugHP-yZXw

I won't be rushing to see it though. I'll wait until it comes out on DVD.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 01 May 2016, 9:52 pm

Watched it to give it a chance.

It's unspeakably awful.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon 02 May 2016, 9:49 am

Sexism is the excuse given as to why noone seems to like it. It looks awful and poorly done. It doesn't seem funny and seems to be trying too hard. I love ghostbusters and hoped this would do well and open the door for more films, games etc. Unfortunately this looks pants and don't think it will do that.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2016, 10:53 am

The original was no classic and no one gets their asses out when other popular films are redone with Men in the lead roles
Can't think of many, if any...but I'll refer you all back to my "off my nut on cold and flu capsules" comment as justification for not being able to think of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 03 May 2016, 7:14 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
The original was no classic and no one gets their asses out when other popular films are redone with Men in the lead roles
Can't think of many, if any...but I'll refer you all back to my "off my nut on cold and flu capsules" comment as justification for not being able to think of them.

Karate Kid, Ladykillers, Total Recall, Wicker Man, Pink Panther.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 03 May 2016, 7:18 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

BUT...The original was no classic and no one gets their asses out when other popular films are redone with Men in the lead roles...

Smell Sexism in the air...Could be wrong..

I agree that, while the original was a decent film, it was no classic. One thing it did have going for it though was originality and that's obviously going to be non-existent in a reboot. I don't think it's sexism, I just think it's a sh*t idea.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 03 May 2016, 7:31 pm

Galted wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

We are talking before its release not after..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 03 May 2016, 7:47 pm

And if it is sexism?  
What do you do?  
Force sexists into the cinemas at gunpoint to load profit onto a movie they don't want to see?

I think the true crime is thinking the original was good enough to warrant a re-try.

But if someone thinks sexism is the real reason, then they need to check out comments under many more up and coming project 're-makes'.  Isn't there a Magnificent Seven coming and a Ben Hur?  Check out the Ben Hur comments.

People mostly want 'film-makers' to leave already perfect movies alone, stop being so lazy in always trying to re-cook tired 'franchises', create something new...and keep the lady numbers down to a minimum as women intellectually and physically aren't as funny as men...................................Cool Wink

BTW...I see Mad Max is back!  The real one.....  

Oh the ladies, African Americans, Jews, Transgender folk, poodles, jay-walkers, horticulturists, Christians, Atheists, car wash attendants and Tom Hardy ain't gonna be happy!!  Prepare for the Rise of the Offended!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 03 May 2016, 7:49 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Galted wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

We are talking before its release not after..

We weren't very clear about that, were we? And who on earth remembers the reaction to trailers (apart from people trying to create a controversy out of nothing)?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 03 May 2016, 7:57 pm

Maybe I should change the word "Trailer" in the thread.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 03 May 2016, 8:01 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Maybe I should change the word "Trailer" in the thread.

Mmm, maybe we were quite clear about it. My second point still stands though.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 03 May 2016, 8:09 pm

The reaction to this is that it has been voted the most disliked trailer on YouTube.

Hence my wondering if it's Sexism...

Just a thread mate...Nothing more.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 03 May 2016, 8:20 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:The reaction to this is that it has been voted the most disliked trailer on YouTube.

That's a relief, I thought it was a declaration of film war.

You wonder if it's sexism and I wonder differently.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 03 May 2016, 8:55 pm

It does look bloody awful, truly horrendously awful.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 03 May 2016, 9:08 pm

I don't get what looks so bad about it. And I think the original is a classic unlike most on here. 

Not saying I am going to go and see at the cinema but it looks no worse than any other blockbuster.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 03 May 2016, 9:24 pm

It's a comedy trailer that doesn't contain a hint of humour.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 03 May 2016, 9:40 pm

Galted wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:The reaction to this is that it has been voted the most disliked trailer on YouTube.

That's a relief, I thought it was a declaration of film war.

You wonder if it's sexism and I wonder differently.

All opinions welcome

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2016, 11:51 pm

The notion of sexist is pathetic. Mind you some people are stupid enough to probably use this as a reason to hate on the movie (see those complaining on YouTube about a female lead in a second consecutive star wars movie.....cretins), ghostbusters is my favourite movie ever and I don't want a new one regardless of who they cast.

Personally from my perspective, this just shows a total lack of respect to the original. The humour is atrocious were as it was witty and almost effortless for Murray,  akroyd, ramis and co. Now what have we got? somebody wearing a hat pulling a face? An exorcist skit (because we've not had those in any movies before), two characters saying 'let's go' simultaneously?........it's complete crap. I think back to some of the great lines in the first and I cringe that this is what it's been reduced to

And the opening bit of the trailer. 30 years ago four scientists saved new York. ...FALSE

Winston was former military, he wasn't a scientist so they obviously haven't even considered the back story of ghostbusters. Granted in the original draft he was meant to be the cleverest of the group, but the one that went to film he was military

There's a fan made trailer that cuts out some of the garbage 'jokes' and it looks way better, whoever has been paid to put this trailer together has done an abysmal job. I think the movie may end up better than the trailer makes it look though, personally won't be in a hurry to see it

Last edited by gazzyD on Wed 04 May 2016, 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 May 2016, 12:11 am

Also they've always maintained this is not a sequel, so why even mention thirty years ago? Zuul, Mr stay puft, goza, vigo.....none of this has happened in this world of ghostbusters. If they wanted to use it as bait to get the fans of the old ones in, then this was doomed before it began

Two things I'll credit though. I loved the slow intro on the piano and I think some of the ghosts look pretty cool. While I still have a soft spot for the old effects, they've done alright here.

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 10 May 2016, 11:15 am

Oh dear, the OP here is wrong on so many levels I don't know where to start!

Long live Harold Ramis.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 11 May 2016, 4:56 pm

The new Call of Duty trailer is also one of the most unpopular trailers on youtube? is that sexist too?

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 11 May 2016, 5:20 pm

And the OP has "man" in his username and not "woman".

Hypocritical.... Misogynist....

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 11 May 2016, 5:29 pm

I'm not interested in some cretin that makes cheap remarks on Hillsborough threads..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 11 May 2016, 5:40 pm

Well don't respond then, darling...

And it wasn't a cheap comment... It was perfectly valid....

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 11 May 2016, 5:42 pm

Thanks for your contributions....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 11 May 2016, 5:45 pm

You're welcome....

Trussperson...

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 11 May 2016, 5:50 pm

That's me...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 May 2016, 6:05 pm

Galted wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Galted being silly and deliberately missing the point (I was clearly referring to originals with women in the lead then remade with men in the lead role)...probably still upset that the Big Lebowski is better than Barton Fink. Maybe they should remake it with a woman in the lead role and they could call it Barbara Fink

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 11 May 2016, 6:11 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:That's me...

Ha....

Just as I suspected.....

Trussman and Trussperson are one and the same...

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 11 May 2016, 6:12 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Galted wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Galted being silly and deliberately missing the point (I was clearly referring to originals with women in the lead then remade with men in the lead role)...probably still upset that the Big Lebowski is better than Barton Fink. Maybe they should remake it with a woman in the lead role and they could call it Barbara Fink

Or they could call it Barton Fink.  Name doesn't clearly belong to either gender.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 11 May 2016, 6:19 pm

Derbymanc wrote:The new Call of Duty trailer is also one of the most unpopular trailers on youtube? is that sexist too?

You tell me..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 May 2016, 6:32 pm

Galted wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Galted wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Or they could call it Barton Fink.  Name doesn't clearly belong to either gender.
If they called it Barton Fink still wouldn't be as good as The Big Lebowski

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 11 May 2016, 8:01 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Galted wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Galted wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

If they called it Barton Fink still wouldn't be as good as The Big Lebowski

That's not only a clever tactic of yours but a misconception under which you continue to labour. Granted, if it was a girl Barton the film possibly wouldn't be as good, but that would depend on who was cast in the role.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 11 May 2016, 8:11 pm

How would The Big Lebowskette go down?

We've already seen the Dude in Drag (Thunderbolt and Lightfoot) and he did a swish job at it too. Dude forever abides.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 11 May 2016, 8:46 pm

Interesting concept, SecretFly - the Does This Make My Bum Look Big Lebowski.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 12 May 2016, 7:50 am

Are you sure Truss cause you might disagree ;-).

Personally think it's an excuse on the part of Ghostbusters, it's a lot easier to say it's all the sexist pigs coming out in droves cause this film has woman in it, rather than look at it and say it doesn't actually look very good. The whole selling point for a while seemed to be, look at this film made by and starring mostly women it's gonna be awesome. Now it's not they've got to excuse it somehow.

As for Call of Duty, think people are getting mighty bored of it now (it's not a game i like tbh) and people want somethign different. You've also got to remember that your dealing with the internet and lot of stuff will get latched on to by kids etc who'll now think it's funny to go downvote things cause 'the man' says they shouldn't or some other guff.

to finish though, ghostbusters have messed up big time as they could have had a massive hit on there hands just by following the story on instead of rebooting it. Idiots

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 12 May 2016, 5:56 pm

I think there is a degree of Sexism but obviously its not the whole story. ......It's easier to remake crap films than good ones...Ghostbusters seems special to posters on here and on the net...

I guess they are breaking the spell and not in a good way..

I never liked the movie so i'm removed from sentimentality..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 May 2016, 10:23 am

There are certain films that many see as sacrosanct. The idea that Highlander (for all its flaws) could be remade is something that annoys me. They ruined the franchise by having those sequels and now then want to have a go at f*cking up the original.

Sickening!

Haven't seen the Ghostbusters trailer but of the top of my head a simple idea would have been for them to write in Harold Ramis' death and that the business be handed over to family members so we have younger siblings/nieces etc running the firm. Couple of cameos from Ackroyd and Murray. I dunno, is it any worse that what's already been made

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sun 15 May 2016, 8:52 pm

I actually kind of liked the original idea of the reboot when I first heard about it. Now I have seen the trailer, I think it just looks total garbage.

I ain't afraid of no ghost, but I am afraid of rebooted films taking a huge dump on the original.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 16 May 2016, 1:34 pm

The problem is the film SPY made money.....With its slapstick and charismatic star filling the screen (in more ways than one)......and they are using the same director...

A la Superman 2 with the guy who did The three musketeers taking over...Richard Lester...

Who murdered Donner's work on the film.....With stupid scenes......Changing the mood..

Donner always moaned about him screwing up his movie......and referred to the guy as "him" for the next thirty years...

Ghostbusters isn't SPY.......Superman 2 wasn't the Three muskateers.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 May 2016, 3:16 pm

Another trailer released for this today.....new 'jokes' included. They've somehow managed to make me hate it even more than the original trailer did

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 18 May 2016, 3:42 pm

Just watched the new trailer and thought it actually looks good. If I wasnt aware of the original and was in my teens, this would look pretty exciting.

Really dont understand the hate and this is from someone who really rates the original.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 May 2016, 3:50 pm

Adam D wrote:Just watched the new trailer and thought it actually looks good. If I wasnt aware of the original and was in my teens, this would look pretty exciting.

Really dont understand the hate and this is from someone who really rates the original.
Think that's the problem, most of these films are made with teens in mind who aren't overly concerned with plot, meaningful dialogue, drama, pathos, emotion and all the great things you associate with great movies. It's popcorn fart films for the fart brained generation

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 18 May 2016, 4:12 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Adam D wrote:Just watched the new trailer and thought it actually looks good. If I wasnt aware of the original and was in my teens, this would look pretty exciting.

It's popcorn fart films for the fart brained generation

I can't wait to see it !! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 18 May 2016, 4:36 pm

If I was an LGBT teen that absolutely adores the 'clever' Political subtext that all men are created equal even if they're women.... yeah, I think I'd love it! OMG!

If I was a old fashioned misogynist sexist teen that wishes he was born in the 80s ............... nah, not my cup of vodka and cider.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 18 May 2016, 4:47 pm

I wish I was a teen lesbian.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 18 May 2016, 4:52 pm

I thought you were a teen lesbian. It would certainly explain why you have the Cocteau Twins as your ring tone.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next