Political round up.............

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Political round up.............

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 11 Feb 2016, 2:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

Unions are like cops....Everyone hates them until they need one..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38647
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down


Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by Pr4wn on Tue 17 May 2016, 3:06 pm

Woah woah, I don't know anything about either of your upbringings.

I was making a "Toppy was fat" joke. Doh

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4946
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 17 May 2016, 3:09 pm

Pr4wn wrote:Woah woah, I don't know anything about either of your upbringings.

I was making a "Toppy was fat" joke. Doh

Weren't you moaning about jibes earlier ??

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38647
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by TopHat24/7 on Tue 17 May 2016, 3:10 pm

Pr4wn wrote:The public need to stand up together and nip this cr@p in the bud.

Or maybe the public don't really give a f*ck about whether the Beeb wants to pretend to be a magazine not a broadcaster.

Or maybe they're intelligent enough to realise, especially with Mad's aforementioned website releases, there's a wealth of choice out there without any need for BBC. And MAYBE they're even intelligent enough to know that once something is on the web, it is always there, regardless of whether the original hosting is taken down.

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 35
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by Pr4wn on Tue 17 May 2016, 3:10 pm

It was very clearly a joke, not a serious remark, very tongue-in-cheek.

You ok mate?

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4946
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by Pr4wn on Tue 17 May 2016, 3:11 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:The public need to stand up together and nip this cr@p in the bud.

Or maybe the public don't really give a f*ck about whether the Beeb wants to pretend to be a magazine not a broadcaster.

Or maybe they're intelligent enough to realise, especially with Mad's aforementioned website releases, there's a wealth of choice out there without any need for BBC. And MAYBE they're even intelligent enough to know that once something is on the web, it is always there, regardless of whether the original hosting is taken down.

Or maybe, having seen the public outcry at this today, none of that is true.

License fee payers have already paid for these recipes. I use them all the time. Why take them down?

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4946
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by TopHat24/7 on Tue 17 May 2016, 3:12 pm

Pr4wn wrote:Woah woah, I don't know anything about either of your upbringings.

I was making a "Toppy was fat" joke. Doh

Fat jokes are fine. Just don't like being called privileged. My parents didn't give me my house and my job/career FFS - two of the greatest concerns of most people's lives.

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 35
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 17 May 2016, 3:14 pm

Everything I've gotten is through my own initiative...

I'm not a spoilt little wannabe..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38647
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by SecretFly on Tue 17 May 2016, 3:16 pm

Next the Conservatives will be saying BBC News is too....too em................. what's the word.............. too BBCish and needs a revamp.  Call in Murdock to rebrand it BBCFox:

O'Reilly: "I put it to you sir,  ----- no no, you had your 10 seconds of comment, now it's my turn.  I put it to you sir, Mr Corbyn, that you are a whacko.  No  ----- no, hear me out.  Hear me out.  You're a whacko.  You ---- you ---- would you quit interrupting me or I'll throw you off my goddamned show!  - I'll throw you off, if you don't keep quiet! --- Now, I put it to you that you're a goddamned maniac, a commie leftie slack-pants, old fart.  I mean, tidy yourself up, for God's-sakes.  Buy a razor now and again.  You don't even try to look respectable.  Now, how do you respond?"

SecretFly

Posts : 30401
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by Pr4wn on Tue 17 May 2016, 3:16 pm

Ok, enough about the personal stuff.

Cheers guys.

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4946
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 17 May 2016, 3:23 pm

I don't want this thread shut down....Sorry if someone feels upset if I've labelled them....

I can only imagine how annoyed someone can be when being labelled...Especially one who uses terms like ....bums... and... wasters.... to describe the unemployed...


TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38647
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by Pr4wn on Tue 17 May 2016, 3:26 pm

Like I said, Truss, let's leave it there. Please keep it on topic.

Cheers.


Last edited by Pr4wn on Tue 17 May 2016, 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4946
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 17 May 2016, 3:29 pm

Hilary Benn is the new favorite for the Labour leadership.....

No idea why..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38647
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by Pr4wn on Tue 17 May 2016, 3:31 pm

Is he still living off that cliché-ridden speech in the commons advocating bombing the life out of the Middle East?

Meanwhile, in the real world, Jeremy Corbyn is more popular than even among Labour voters. Looks like he isn't going anywhere.

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4946
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 17 May 2016, 3:34 pm

Are you a Corbyn fan.....Do you vote Labour ??

I didn't vote two weeks ago..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38647
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by Pr4wn on Tue 17 May 2016, 3:40 pm

We have no parties here in Jersey.

You think the UK is bad? Try here. It's truly awful.

Hence me moving away on... 2nd July!

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4946
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 17 May 2016, 3:43 pm

Where you going ??

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38647
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by Pr4wn on Tue 17 May 2016, 3:58 pm

Going to the Philippines for a couple of months and then moving to Toronto in September.

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4946
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 17 May 2016, 4:18 pm

Pr4wn wrote:Going to the Philippines for a couple of months and then moving to Toronto in September.

Toronto sounds good....You haven't got responsibilities then ??

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38647
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by Pr4wn on Tue 17 May 2016, 4:19 pm

No wife or kids, no. Moved out of my flat and I'm selling most of my possessions!

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4946
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 17 May 2016, 4:24 pm

Why a dirty, greasy scumhole like the Phillipines ??....

Like Thailand its a place for dirty old men to pick up drugs and under age girls.....

Go somewhere interesting.....

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38647
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by Pr4wn on Tue 17 May 2016, 4:27 pm

My girlfriend's parents live in Manila and her mum had a heart attack, if you must know mate. Going there for a couple of months to help look after her.

Discretion is the better part of valour, by the way.

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4946
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by SecretFly on Tue 17 May 2016, 4:28 pm

???

Dirty old European, American and Australian men?

SecretFly

Posts : 30401
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by Pr4wn on Tue 17 May 2016, 4:30 pm

It also happens to be the most misunderstood places I've ever had the pleasure of visiting.

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4946
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 17 May 2016, 4:37 pm

Pr4wn wrote:My girlfriend's parents live in Manila and her mum had a heart attack, if you must know mate. Going there for a couple of months to help look after her.

Discretion is the better part of valour, by the way.

Grew up in the Marcos era..Maybe its changed..

Have no doubt your girlfriend is not part of my generalisation..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38647
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by navyblueshorts on Tue 17 May 2016, 4:38 pm

Mad for Chelsea wrote:Must say, for a party who purports to hate State intervention in all things, the Conservatives seem rather intent on meddling with the BBC. Latest is forcing them to take free recipes from their website, because that apparently makes them too much like a newspaper. The fact that three new recipe websites are now awaiting launch - taste.co.uk, bestrecipes.co.uk, recipes.co.uk - with the first two owned by a certain Mr Murdoch, and set to make him lots of lovely advertising money (on which he won't pay much UK tax of course) is a complete coincidence. Nothing to see here, no corruption whatsoever Whistle
Is that so? Clearly that needs to go public a.s.a.p.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8178
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by Pr4wn on Tue 17 May 2016, 4:44 pm

She absolutely isn't, and neither were any of the people that I've met when I've been there.

Their government is a joke, for sure. Terribly corrupt and now increasingly authoritarian.

But the country, its people and its capital are massively misunderstood. Manila is a perfect example. A former US overseas territory (or whatever you want to call it), it was occupied by the Japanese during WW2. When the Japanese knew they had lost the war, they were ordered to withdraw from Manila and kill all the civilians they could find. Men, women and children were slaughtered in the streets. That's when the good old US of A heard about this and promptly carpet-bombed the city, reducing most of it to rubble.

After the war, the USA rebuilt a few government buildings but left the Filipinos to pick up the rest. There is no naturally occurring stone in the Philippines, hence the awful buildings they currently have.

Yet the people are the most friendly, polite, generous and accommodating that I've ever met on my travels. Outside of the cities, the landscapes and beaches are some of the most beautiful I've ever seen.

But yes, their government is awful and their population is desperate. I really feel for them.

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4946
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by TopHat24/7 on Tue 17 May 2016, 5:01 pm

Pr4wn wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:The public need to stand up together and nip this cr@p in the bud.

Or maybe the public don't really give a f*ck about whether the Beeb wants to pretend to be a magazine not a broadcaster.

Or maybe they're intelligent enough to realise, especially with Mad's aforementioned website releases, there's a wealth of choice out there without any need for BBC. And MAYBE they're even intelligent enough to know that once something is on the web, it is always there, regardless of whether the original hosting is taken down.

Or maybe, having seen the public outcry at this today, none of that is true.

License fee payers have already paid for these recipes. I use them all the time. Why take them down?

Use them all the time Laugh laughing

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 35
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by Pr4wn on Tue 17 May 2016, 5:03 pm

Wow, nice rebuttal Toppy. Full of substance, as usual.

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4946
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by TopHat24/7 on Tue 17 May 2016, 5:05 pm

Philippines - that where the hardcore Donald Trump has just been elected??

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 35
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by TopHat24/7 on Tue 17 May 2016, 5:05 pm

Pr4wn wrote:Wow, nice rebuttal Toppy. Full of substance, as usual.

As much substance as your transparent claim to use BBC recipes 'all the time'..... Rolling Eyes

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 35
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 17 May 2016, 5:07 pm

Pr4wn wrote:She absolutely isn't, and neither were any of the people that I've met when I've been there.

Their government is a joke, for sure. Terribly corrupt and now increasingly authoritarian.

But the country, its people and its capital are massively misunderstood. Manila is a perfect example. A former US overseas territory (or whatever you want to call it), it was occupied by the Japanese during WW2. When the Japanese knew they had lost the war, they were ordered to withdraw from Manila and kill all the civilians they could find. Men, women and children were slaughtered in the streets. That's when the good old US of A heard about this and promptly carpet-bombed the city, reducing most of it to rubble.

After the war, the USA rebuilt a few government buildings but left the Filipinos to pick up the rest. There is no naturally occurring stone in the Philippines, hence the awful buildings they currently have.

Yet the people are the most friendly, polite, generous and accommodating that I've ever met on my travels. Outside of the cities, the landscapes and beaches are some of the most beautiful I've ever seen.

But yes, their government is awful and their population is desperate. I really feel for them.

All that matters is you like it.....

77 on the crime index link...So maybe I was a little condescending..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38647
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by Duty281 on Tue 17 May 2016, 5:18 pm

I thought the recipes were going to be archived anyway, so no loss, right?

Duty281

Posts : 20680
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by ShahenshahG on Tue 17 May 2016, 5:22 pm

Three recipe websites are awaiting launch now the Cameron government has forced the BBC to remove their on-line recipes.

taste.co.uk is registered to Sainsbury’s Supermarkets ltd and is waiting to launch.

bestrecipes.co.uk is also awaiting launch as a website and mobile phone app. It is registered to Scottish millionaire Richard Emanuel (living in tax exile in Monaco).

recipes.co.uk is registered to Mark Singleton (an entrepreneur famous for pet websites). The website and mobile app is due to launch this year.

bestrecipes and taste are also the two largest recipe websites and mobile phone apps in Australia and provide massive ad revenues to their owner.

Both are owned by Rupert Murdoch.

ShahenshahG

Posts : 15637
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 33
Location : The happiest man a morning ever sees

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by ShahenshahG on Tue 17 May 2016, 5:24 pm

no idea if its true or not haven't the time to look it up beyond a cursory look

https://tompride.wordpress.com/2016/05/17/who-benefits-from-the-tory-decision-to-axe-bbc-recipes/

ShahenshahG

Posts : 15637
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 33
Location : The happiest man a morning ever sees

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by TopHat24/7 on Tue 17 May 2016, 5:32 pm

Hope everyone is now seeing the value of the LDs in the last government.....

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 35
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by ShahenshahG on Tue 17 May 2016, 5:42 pm

Yup. Even though I was peed that they did it. Their problem was that they did the job too well. Instead of appearing to fight each fight tooth and nail you got a quiet announcement where they sort of reigned the tories in. So it looked like they slotted in rather than a reluctant alliance.

ShahenshahG

Posts : 15637
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 33
Location : The happiest man a morning ever sees

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by TopHat24/7 on Tue 17 May 2016, 5:44 pm

And even a blind man can now see what unrestrained Tories are like versus the LD coalition ones....

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 35
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by Pr4wn on Tue 17 May 2016, 5:49 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Philippines - that where the hardcore Donald Trump has just been elected??

It is mate, sadly. It's classic. A people desperately poor and in need of change elect an extremist.

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4946
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by Duty281 on Tue 17 May 2016, 5:56 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Hope everyone is now seeing the value of the LDs in the last government.....

Why did you vote Tory then, may I ask?

Duty281

Posts : 20680
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 17 May 2016, 6:00 pm

Pr4wn wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Philippines - that where the hardcore Donald Trump has just been elected??

It is mate, sadly. It's classic. A people desperately poor and in need of change elect an extremist.

Sad thing is it could have been different......When the great Benigno Aquino was assasinated by Marcos and Corazin (his Mrs) became President after the USA washed its hands of Marcos... she could have been a force for good.....Instead she was corrupt and right wing as Marcos....

Bit like a Winnie Mandela taking over South Africa...

Disgraceful...

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38647
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by TopHat24/7 on Wed 18 May 2016, 9:17 am

Duty281 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Hope everyone is now seeing the value of the LDs in the last government.....

Why did you vote Tory then, may I ask?

Liked what they were saying they'd do, hoped they'd continue in the same vein, didn't think LD's were electable in 2015.

Been continually screwed by them since, with policies that were never on the horizon pre-GE2015.

I vote for who I think is best at the time, no allegiences, sadly hindsight continues to be a wonderful thing....

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 35
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by Azzy on Wed 18 May 2016, 11:16 am

ShahenshahG wrote:Three recipe websites are awaiting launch now the Cameron government has forced the BBC to remove their on-line recipes.

taste.co.uk is registered to Sainsbury’s Supermarkets ltd and is waiting to launch.

bestrecipes.co.uk is also awaiting launch as a website and mobile phone app. It is registered to Scottish millionaire Richard Emanuel  (living in tax exile in Monaco).

recipes.co.uk is registered to Mark Singleton (an entrepreneur famous for pet websites). The website and mobile app is due to launch this year.

bestrecipes and taste are also the two largest recipe websites and mobile phone apps in Australia and provide massive ad revenues to their owner.

Both are owned by Rupert Murdoch.
You have to admire how well Fat Dave looks after his mates. I wish I was his friend.

Azzy

Posts : 5012
Join date : 2014-04-07

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by SecretFly on Wed 18 May 2016, 11:22 am

The depressing thing is that this addiction continues apace - eejits who can't cook, plodding around their kitchens on party night, with the glass of wine in one hand, a ladle in the other and some slop in the pot , that they've looked up the recipe for 30 minutes before on one of these recipe sites......................... and four or five suckers are going to have to eat it and say "Yum!!!! - Is that your own *cough* recipe?"

Oh the tribulations of house party etiquette.


Last edited by SecretFly on Wed 18 May 2016, 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

SecretFly

Posts : 30401
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by navyblueshorts on Wed 18 May 2016, 12:39 pm

SecretFly wrote:The depressing thing is that this addiction continues apace - eejits who can't cook, plodding around their kitchens on party night, with the glass of wine in one hand, a ladle in the other and some slop in the pot , that they've looked up the recipe for 30 minutes before on one of these recipe sites......................... and four or five suckers are going to have to eat it and say "Yum!!!! - Is that your own *cough* recipe?"

Oh the tribulations of house part etiquette.
Speak for yourself....
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8178
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by SecretFly on Wed 18 May 2016, 1:58 pm

I'm a Brilliant Cook...so all I got left to speak for is you.

Go on, tell, me - you've been that bird with the glass and the ladle and the 'mother's own recipe' burning on the hotplate....Wink

SecretFly

Posts : 30401
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by navyblueshorts on Wed 18 May 2016, 2:16 pm

SecretFly wrote:I'm a Brilliant Cook...so all I got left to speak for is you.  

Go on, tell, me - you've been that bird with the glass and the ladle and the 'mother's own recipe' burning on the hotplate....Wink
You're a brilliant self-proclaimed <<fill in skill here>>, I'll give you that.
As to the 'bird' comment, pretty pathetic. I happen to enjoy cooking and, amazing as it may seem to one so omnipotent as your good self, we've had some very enjoyable dinners for friends etc that my wife and I have hosted. Suffice it to say, I doubt we'd be up to your 3* standards, but then we probably wouldn't enjoy the chat in any case...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8178
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by SecretFly on Wed 18 May 2016, 2:33 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
SecretFly wrote:I'm a Brilliant Cook...so all I got left to speak for is you.  

Go on, tell, me - you've been that bird with the glass and the ladle and the 'mother's own recipe' burning on the hotplate....Wink
You're a brilliant self-proclaimed <<fill in skill here>>, I'll give you that.
As to the 'bird' comment, pretty pathetic. I happen to enjoy cooking and, amazing as it may seem to one so omnipotent as your good self, we've had some very enjoyable dinners for friends etc that my wife and I have hosted. Suffice it to say, I doubt we'd be up to your 3* standards, but then we probably wouldn't enjoy the chat in any case...

Ouch.

Shocked Cool

Well, the chat in your household wouldn't seem to include any self-effacing, light-hearted humour anyway.  Nope, let's not joke about recipe sites.  The world is just too serious for that messing around with people's palates and bouquets.  So yeah, count me out... I'd develop too many frown lines listening to the endless political treatises.

Enjoy it all, navy.  The sites, the food, and those ultra sensible 'no-smile' chats.

SecretFly

Posts : 30401
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by navyblueshorts on Thu 19 May 2016, 10:17 am

SecretFly wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
SecretFly wrote:I'm a Brilliant Cook...so all I got left to speak for is you.  

Go on, tell, me - you've been that bird with the glass and the ladle and the 'mother's own recipe' burning on the hotplate....Wink
You're a brilliant self-proclaimed <<fill in skill here>>, I'll give you that.
As to the 'bird' comment, pretty pathetic. I happen to enjoy cooking and, amazing as it may seem to one so omnipotent as your good self, we've had some very enjoyable dinners for friends etc that my wife and I have hosted. Suffice it to say, I doubt we'd be up to your 3* standards, but then we probably wouldn't enjoy the chat in any case...

Ouch.

Shocked Cool

Well, the chat in your household wouldn't seem to include any self-effacing, light-hearted humour anyway.  Nope, let's not joke about recipe sites.  The world is just too serious for that messing around with people's palates and bouquets.  So yeah, count me out... I'd develop too many frown lines listening to the endless political treatises.

Enjoy it all, navy.  The sites, the food, and those ultra sensible 'no-smile' chats.
Oh, I do enjoy it. No-one would have a clue what you're talking about because you never state anything clearly. It's always obtuse, very 'clever' allegories with you. I think you'd get a lot of blank stares/pauses followed by "What were we saying?"...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8178
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by TopHat24/7 on Thu 19 May 2016, 10:31 am

Yep, would be clearly the person getting totally ignored by about midway through the dinner party as everyone finds better, easier and more fun and/or intelligent chat elsewhere....

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 35
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by TopHat24/7 on Thu 19 May 2016, 10:41 am

Unless, of course, ONETWO was attending also. In which case they'd get on like a house on fire (caused by sparks from the tin foil on their hats rubbing together).

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 35
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum