The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Political round up.............

+34
Hammersmith harrier
Muscular-mouse
3fingers
JuliusHMarx
rIck_dAgless
dyrewolfe
guildfordbat
Shifty
profitius
lostinwales
dummy_half
rodders
Derbymanc
No 7&1/2
Hero
Galted
Ent
Lowlandbrit
Rowley
Coxy001
Dolphin Ziggler
SecretFly
Steffan
superflyweight
CaledonianCraig
GSC
Mad for Chelsea
navyblueshorts
ShahenshahG
Duty281
TopHat24/7
Pr4wn
Azzy
TRUSSMAN66
38 posters

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Political round up............. - Page 16 Empty Political round up.............

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 11 Feb 2016, 2:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

Unions are like cops....Everyone hates them until they need one..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 16 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by SecretFly Fri 11 Nov 2016, 12:50 pm

GSC wrote:The 8 liberal democrat MPs have declared that they will vote against Brexit unless there is a 2nd referendum

Liberals have never been too concerned with Democracy. Nobody should be surprised a small outfit of the self-righteous want their way and only their way in the cot.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 16 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by superflyweight Fri 11 Nov 2016, 12:59 pm

SecretFly wrote:
GSC wrote:The 8 liberal democrat MPs have declared that they will vote against Brexit unless there is a 2nd referendum

Liberals have never been too concerned with Democracy.  Nobody should be surprised a small outfit of the self-righteous want their way and only their way in the cot.

Hey Secret, what are all these empty spirits bottles doing here?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 11 Nov 2016, 1:02 pm

Oh sorry, I'll tidy up when I get a moment. I'm a little unsteady on my feet right now...

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 13 Nov 2016, 10:36 am

I see Farage is still buzzing around, annoying twunk.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 13 Nov 2016, 11:55 am

GSC wrote:I see Farage is still buzzing around, annoying twunk.

He knows he annoys people, GSC. - perhaps the main reason he keeps doing it. Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sun 13 Nov 2016, 12:19 pm

SecretFly wrote:

Liberals have never been too concerned with Democracy.  Nobody should be surprised a small outfit of the self-righteous want their way and only their way in the cot.

Its not the Lib Dems we should be worried about.

Labour have said they will not support Brexit unless it includes freedom of movement and access to the single market. mad steam

I knew it was a bad idea to let the Remainers have a say in this.

Oh, sure, we'll end up with something called Brexit...but in reality it will be nothing more than some minor changes to our terms of membership. Pretty much what Cameron was so pleased about achieving.

The dream of full political, judicial and economic separation is dead... Sad
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 13 Nov 2016, 12:29 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

Labour have said they will not support Brexit unless it includes freedom of movement and access to the single market. mad  steam

Oh, sure, we'll end up with something called Brexit...but in reality it will be nothing more than some minor changes to our terms of membership. Pretty much what Cameron was so pleased about achieving.

If Brexit turns into something much less than Brexit but still with the name - to help fool the 'uneducated' hordes - then that in itself will prove why people wanted the right to vote in a referendum in the first place, and prove just how glue-like the tendrils of lobbyist/corporate/banker EU officialdom gets around the necks of Sovereign  European Nations.  "You will not escape.  We'll release a arm there for a while but grab a leg a few seconds later and pull again.  And when you struggle and release our hold on the leg, we'll catch your hair"
That's the EU.  It's a bloody virus - and needs killing by more Nations joining the fight against it - just like using more than one antibiotic to fight a particularly stubborn infection.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 13 Nov 2016, 12:30 pm

BTW - cooperation by and trading between European sovereign states, good - not against it; very much against this current model of doing so.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 13 Nov 2016, 10:52 pm

SecretFly wrote:
GSC wrote:I see Farage is still buzzing around, annoying twunk.

He knows he annoys people, GSC. - perhaps the main reason he keeps doing it. Wink

Yup. It's all about Nigel Farage in his own head now.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 14 Nov 2016, 9:16 am

dyrewolfe wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

Labour have said they will not support Brexit unless it includes freedom of movement and access to the single market. mad  steam

But as long as our judiciary do what the government tell them, eh?

European Law can also be a good thing. It was little reported last week because of the US Election coverage, but the families that won their case against unjust enforcement of the 'Bedroom Tax' before the Supreme Court relied on an argument only made possible because of the Human Rights' Act. Without the Act, some families who could little afford it, would have lost substantial housing benefit payments.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 14 Nov 2016, 9:50 am

supes wrote:European Law can also be a good thing

Including hot lecturers.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 14 Nov 2016, 9:59 am

rick_dagless wrote:

Including hot lecturers.

She is personally responsible for making me a Europhile. I'm just glad she wasn't a child.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 14 Nov 2016, 10:00 am

I lost concentration in lectures... Probably for the best, chid wise.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 14 Nov 2016, 12:31 pm

superflyweight wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:

Including hot lecturers.

She is personally responsible for making me a Europhile.  I'm just glad she wasn't a child.  

We had a great French teacher. Twenty-something, blonde, wore short skirts and see-through blouses. Never known the lads in our class be so attentive... Laugh
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 14 Nov 2016, 12:38 pm

superflyweight wrote:
dyrewolfe wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

European Law can also be a good thing. It was little reported last week because of the US Election coverage, but the families that won their case against unjust enforcement of the 'Bedroom Tax' before the Supreme Court relied on an argument only made possible because of the Human Rights' Act.  Without the Act, some families who could little afford it, would have lost substantial housing benefit payments.  

The important part of that is that it was settled in the Supreme Court...not the European Court.

The PM's proposed Great Repeal Bill would incorporate important parts of European law and likely include the parts that protects peoples' rights. its not like Britain would suddenly become some kind of dictatorship without EU law. Rolling Eyes

dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 14 Nov 2016, 12:43 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
dyrewolfe wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

European Law can also be a good thing. It was little reported last week because of the US Election coverage, but the families that won their case against unjust enforcement of the 'Bedroom Tax' before the Supreme Court relied on an argument only made possible because of the Human Rights' Act.  Without the Act, some families who could little afford it, would have lost substantial housing benefit payments.  

The important part of that is that it was settled in the Supreme Court...not the European Court.

The PM's proposed Great Repeal Bill would incorporate important parts of European law and likely include the parts that protects peoples' rights. its not like Britain would suddenly become some kind of dictatorship without EU law. Rolling Eyes

It is unlikely though that they would incorporate anything that cuts across their ability to apply their own policies.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 14 Nov 2016, 5:47 pm

They'll adopt all EU law that we're currently signed up to and incorporate it into ours. They have to as they haven't got the people/expertise/time to unpick what to keep, what to dump and what to modify. Over time, they could then moderate/change/delete stuff at leisure outside the EU. I suspect not a lot will change and with the public's goldfish-like memory spans, they'll have no idea what went on or realise that little changed.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 15 Nov 2016, 11:54 am

Well the bottom, and life, has well and truly fallen out of this section of 606. What with Brexit and now Trump, it seems a great depression has settled.
I'll have to suggest more Vitamin D - it can help through the darker months.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 15 Nov 2016, 12:31 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:They'll adopt all EU law that we're currently signed up to and incorporate it into ours. They have to as they haven't got the people/expertise/time to unpick what to keep, what to dump and what to modify. Over time, they could then moderate/change/delete stuff at leisure outside the EU. I suspect not a lot will change and with the public's goldfish-like memory spans, they'll have no idea what went on or realise that little changed.

I think thats the important part. If the public remain largely unaware of any changes, that probably means the government did a good job...at least as far as human rights and the judicial system are concerned. Britain had a pretty good record before we joined the EU and I don't think we have too much to be worried about, if / when we leave.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 18 Nov 2016, 3:27 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:CON 43......LABOUR 26..(ICM)

Geez it would be annihilation if there was a GE now !!!

Poor old May these fixed term parliaments Cameron brought in must be infuriating. .

CON 42 LABOUR 33...(ICM)

17 points a month ago......9 points now..

No idea why..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 20 Nov 2016, 7:52 pm

This is directly what the Sunday Times are reporting:

Times wrote:Tony Blair 'returning to politics' because he thinks Jeremy Corbyn 'is a nutter' and Theresa May 'is a lightweight.'

I didn't read the whole thing, but I hope it goes on to say that Sadiq Khan "bottled it", Boris Johnson is a "facking plum" and their source interviewed Tony himself 8 pints into a session down the Queen Vic.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 20 Nov 2016, 8:29 pm

God!  We're in big schidt now.  Shocked   Tony got the expected call from Him in the Shadows Who Must Be Obeyed:  

"Our New World Order is being challenged now by Rebellion in all parts of the World.  You, Tony, will go forth and again, with a firm hand and a hesitant voice, crush and destroy these Populists, Nationalists and Little Britainers.  We cannot let our Grand Plans for All World Dominion fail.  You are our only hope.  Do not fail me!"

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 20 Nov 2016, 8:29 pm

Blair is finished......He's either a war criminal or a greedy man that will do anything for a few bucks....

Liz Kendall campaigned on a Blairite platform and got 4%.....

Sad thing with Blair is... like all the big players.. when their time is over they are always the last people to see it..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 20 Nov 2016, 10:18 pm

I'd bet you there's a huge sway in that party who'd love him over Corbyn. He's more likely to win back voters.

They just can't handle having Corbyn, and it makes me hate them

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 20 Nov 2016, 10:28 pm

A huge sway....That's why anti-Blairite loony Corbyn keeps winning by a huge margin..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 21 Nov 2016, 2:03 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:This is directly what the Sunday Times are reporting:

Times wrote:Tony Blair 'returning to politics' because he thinks Jeremy Corbyn 'is a nutter' and Theresa May 'is a lightweight.'

I didn't read the whole thing, but I hope it goes on to say that Sadiq Khan "bottled it", Boris Johnson is a "facking plum" and their source interviewed Tony himself 8 pints into a session down the Queen Vic.

You sure you're not mixing the Sunday Sport up with the Times? Laugh

Tony Blair returning to politics...seriously?

Reminds me of a dog we had once that would keep coming back to sniff the spot where it shat on the carpet.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 21 Nov 2016, 2:05 pm

SecretFly wrote:God!  We're in big schidt now.  Shocked   Tony got the expected call from Him in the Shadows Who Must Be Obeyed:  

"Our New World Order is being challenged now by Rebellion in all parts of the World.  You, Tony, will go forth and again, with a firm hand and a hesitant voice, crush and destroy these Populists, Nationalists and Little Britainers.  We cannot let our Grand Plans for All World Dominion fail.  You are our only hope.  Do not fail me!"

Someone's been reading too much George Orwell. laughing
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 21 Nov 2016, 2:30 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:
SecretFly wrote:God!  We're in big schidt now.  Shocked   Tony got the expected call from Him in the Shadows Who Must Be Obeyed:  

If only they didn't actually talk about it in the open themselves, drye:

Mr Soros - with his black cat on his lap - loved that speech.  He should have, he paid for it Wink  But now the old Sith warriors have seen the fight-back and must once again get their lightsabers out..... *ahem* .... to put down rebellion.  Thus, the return of Blair!  drumroll

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 22 Nov 2016, 11:42 am

I see Farages end game for sucking up to Trump has emerged.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 22 Nov 2016, 7:03 pm

His bootlicking makes me want to puke.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 22 Nov 2016, 7:23 pm

Was it not Farage criticising Obama for interjecting himself into Brexit.

Guess a foreign leader meddling in British affairs is only ok when he's Nigels mate.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 22 Nov 2016, 8:13 pm

He also doesn't like unelected representatives. He's definitely not one of those.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 22 Nov 2016, 9:58 pm

If Donald said the public want someone they've rejected 7 times already, thats who the public wants
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 23 Nov 2016, 12:51 pm

SecretFly wrote:
dyrewolfe wrote:

If only they didn't actually talk about it in the open themselves, drye:

Mr Soros - with his black cat on his lap - loved that speech.  He should have, he paid for it Wink  But now the old Sith warriors have seen the fight-back and must once again get their lightsabers out..... *ahem* .... to put down rebellion.  Thus, the return of Blair!  drumroll

Video aside...can I have some of whatever it is you're smoking? Must be pretty potent stuff!

Mind you, if George Lucas was still in charge of the franchise, I bet he'd be up for making a sequel along those lines.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 23 Nov 2016, 1:02 pm

It's all true, dyre.  It's all true. Wink  Behind the mirth is always a serious point.

If Tony Blair is thinking seriously about entering the political fray again in the UK - after the roasting he's taken for the WMD controversy etc - then I'd be certain it wasn't only his decision alone that was prompting him.  The present issues are 'worldly' - factions in politics have become 'worldy' - and if Tony tries to get back in then it's almost an order from certain worldly factions, hoping he steadies their EU/ Atlantic Trade treaty/ free-movement-of-people/globalist corporate blueprint against rising arch enemies in the form of Trump and 'Nationalist/Populists' in Europe and other areas of the world.

Ideological warfare.  Tony isn't alone in his thinking if he pops back in.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 23 Nov 2016, 1:10 pm

So the Illuminati are once more re-arranging the pieces on their chess boards of world domination.

Its the only logical explanation for Trump, Brexit...and possibly Blair.

Mind you, if Farage does end up as US ambassador, that just means someone cheated (knocked a piece off while the rest weren't looking). Laugh
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 23 Nov 2016, 1:26 pm

Obama is doing his own talking there, dyre.  You want more?  I can put up more.  But let's put aside videos - they look too much like proof Wink  Proof is a difficult thing to debate.

Meanwhile, Soros and his sort - a man who openly admits he has no conscience - ain't no aliens.  We're dealing with all-human types on this thread. Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 25 Nov 2016, 12:14 pm

SecretFly wrote:Obama is doing his own talking there, dyre.  You want more?  I can put up more.  But let's put aside videos - they look too much like proof Wink  Proof is a difficult thing to debate.

Meanwhile, Soros and his sort - a man who openly admits he has no conscience - ain't no aliens.  We're dealing with all-human types on this thread. Wink

Well thats the thing about the Illuminati...nobody knows for sure who they are. Some say they operate in the shadows, some say they hide in plain sight. Who's to say what world leaders get up to away from the cameras?

Some people think the Bilderberg Group were members of the Order...and who knows who may have succeeded them?

No-one here is saying anything about aliens...except you Flyboy. Do you know something we don't?

If so, keep an eye out for black SUVs and helicopters near your house Wink
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 26 Nov 2016, 12:24 pm

I don't know which is more pitiful....Labour's attempts at opposition...Or this government 's wishful thinking that they will get a deal where they can enjoy the fruits of Europe without paying billions into the pot..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 28 Nov 2016, 6:08 pm

Nigel off again for another few weeks of retirement. I'm saving up for the next come-back tour.

Hmmm, I'm almost certain he'll turn up speaking ropy French with Mademoiselle Le Pen.
Next House of Cards on the list.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 29 Nov 2016, 9:10 am

I'm sure we'll have hours of fun with his replacement, Mr. Nuttall, even if it's only to take the p!ss of his name.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 09 Dec 2016, 5:27 pm

As I'm flying across the pond on Monday I'll do an end of year polling roundup....

1. Trump will definitely be President now.... As a federal Judge in Michigan has stopped the Michigan recount.......All recounts have to be over before Dec 13th if memory serves correct......and Trump can't lose without Michigan going..

Yougov...............Con 42.....Lab 25......UKIP 12....Lib 11.......(Labour needs to look at itself))

(France 2017).....Latest poll............Fillon 67%..........LePen 33%......

Odds on Trump being impeached.......3/1

Michelle Obama at 8/1 is 4th favorite to be the next President.....

All the best guys......Thanks for the debate......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 16 Dec 2016, 4:34 pm

https://twitter.com/LibDemPress/status/809729348253208576?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Motherf*cker

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 31 Dec 2016, 9:28 am

I see May is already licking Trump's ass by having a pop at Kerry over his Israel speech...

"Mr President Prime Minister May is here"..

"Tell her it's milk and one sugar"..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sun 01 Jan 2017, 1:48 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I see May is already licking Trump's ass by having a pop at Kerry over his Israel speech...

"Mr President Prime Minister May is here"..

"Tell her it's milk and one sugar"..
Laugh
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 06 Jan 2017, 8:50 am

Trump is 6/4 to be impeached before 2020..

Not sure Nixon was that short during Watergate. . Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 06 Jan 2017, 10:45 am

Sure he'll be fine. More likely to go full Berlusconi and just change the laws to protect himself!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 06 Jan 2017, 11:25 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Trump is 6/4 to be impeached before 2020..

Not sure Nixon was that short during Watergate. . Cool
Is he really? Political round up............. - Page 16 1347041234
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 09 Jan 2017, 10:02 am

Labour are going to have to be realistic and soon...May is a ditherer..Brexit is a shambles.....and yet ;..

YouGov. ... Con 39...Labour 26..UKIP 14...Libs 10....This is before boundary changes.

Every Country needs a functioning opposition..

Copeland by election soon...If Labour loses then it needs to persuade Corbyn to go...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 09 Jan 2017, 11:50 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:Sure he'll be fine.  More likely to go full Berlusconi and just change the laws to protect himself!

Well, he'd be following a good mentor in trying that.  Obama loves them Presidential Executive Orders.  Still not too late either for last minute house cleaning Pardons for some of his Party friends worrying about court.... but pity that the warm, caring, rule of law loving and cuddly President never found an all-over Pardon in his pocket for the detained-without-trial concentration camp Guantanamo Bay guests.  Meryl should give him a call.  Maybe one last appeal might swing it.
You never know, Trump might fill the place with Hollywood grandees Wink - crime? Bad movies, terrible music and disastrous dress sense, darlings.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next