The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What an absolutely pathetic end to the Welsh regional season

+34
XR
Recwatcher16
munkian
Shifty
eirebilly
Stone Motif
PhilBB
Cardiff Dave
Allty
Steffan
RDW
LeinsterFan4life
Breadvan
St John The Enforcer
wayne
profitius
Kingshu
George Carlin
mikey_dragon
exile jack
Luckless Pedestrian
Knowsit17
marty2086
ScarletSpiderman
Golden
True Raven
BamBam
Pot Hale
SecretFly
offload
VinceWLB
RiscaGame
yappysnap
LordDowlais
38 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

What an absolutely pathetic end to the Welsh regional season - Page 7 Empty What an absolutely pathetic end to the Welsh regional season

Post by LordDowlais Mon 09 May 2016, 8:24 am

First topic message reminder :

Well, the title says it all really. What a pathetic, embarrassing finish to the PRO12 it was for the Welsh regions. I am livid, as a Welsh rugby fan I am bouncing, and it just goes to show how right I am when I talk about the attitudes towards the game that the regions take. What does it matter to the regions that they got beaten on the weekend ? Nothing, that's what, they do not have to worry.

Ospreys knew what they needed to do and the were shamed in their own back yard. If I were a paying customer on Saturday I would have been demanding my money back. Scarlets were the same, they just gave up in the second half, and the less said about Dragons the better. Where was the pride ? 

I live in hope that next season will be better, Welsh domestic rugby is in a dark place at the moment, how any fans of the regions can come on here and defend their teams showing over this season is beyond me. No doubt I will get attacked from every quarter on here by the likes of Risca, Stone motif, mikey dragon, PhillBB, Scarletspiderman, but how can they argue ? It's no wonder that the amount of fans going to watch our regions are not as good as elsewhere, it's because of the crap being served up infront of them week in week out, who would want to keep paying for it ?

But what does it matter, the regions will still get the same funding next year, they will still get the same money from Europe, nothing will change for them, so why should they change ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

What an absolutely pathetic end to the Welsh regional season - Page 7 Empty Re: What an absolutely pathetic end to the Welsh regional season

Post by LordDowlais Thu 19 May 2016, 12:28 pm

PhilBB wrote:Doesn't the sign for the 'Valleys' start beyond Pontypridd? Factually?

No. There is no sign for "Valleys". You see, valleys is not an official place, it's just something that has been used to define the towns in which people have lived in for hundreds of years, since the days of iron works and coal mines.

The same for the A465, what do people call it ? The heads of the valleys road, because it links all the valleys, yet it's name is A465. It is never been called The Heads OF the Valleys Rd officially. It does not say it on any maps, it does not say it on any signs.

Look at a map of Wales, and look fir a place called "Valleys" you will not find it.

Last edited by LordDowlais on Thu 19 May 2016, 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

What an absolutely pathetic end to the Welsh regional season - Page 7 Empty Re: What an absolutely pathetic end to the Welsh regional season

Post by PhilBB Thu 19 May 2016, 12:29 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
PhilBB wrote:Doesn't the sign for the 'Valleys' start beyond Pontypridd? Factually?

No. There is no sign for "Valleys". You see, valleys is not an official place, it's just something that has been used to define the towns in which people have lived in for hundreds of years, since the days of iron works and coal mines.

The same for the A465, what ido people call it ? The heads of the valleys road, because it links all the valleys, yet it's name is A465. It is never been called The Heads OF the Valleys Rd. It does not say it on any maps, it does not say it on any signs.

Look at a map of Wales, and find a place called "Valleys" you will not find it.

So what valley is Pontypridd in?
PhilBB
PhilBB

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 19 May 2016, 12:39 pm

PhilBB wrote:So what valley is Pontypridd in?

The Valleys in Glamorgan, the one that goes all the way up through to Powys, it contains all of Rhondda, Glyncoch, Porth, Tonypandy, Ystrad, Gelli, Ton Pentre, all the way up to Treherbert, and finishes at the base of the Rhigos mountain.

Just to confirm there are lots of other villages and towns I have missed out on that route as well. But is that enough for you ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 19 May 2016, 12:41 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

The Valleys in Glamorgan, the one that goes all the way up through to Powys, it contains all of Rhondda, Glyncoch, Porth, Tonypandy, Ystrad, Gelli, Ton Pentre, all the way up to Treherbert, and finishes at the base of the Rhigos mountain.

Just to confirm there are lots of other villages and towns I have missed out on that route as well. But is that enough for you ?

Are you sure? I mean, Barry is in Glamorgan but is not in a valley.

Doesn't Pontypridd stand at the junction of the Rhondda and Taff / Cynon Valleys, so isn't actually in a valley?
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 19 May 2016, 12:44 pm

I like the valleys. I went to Tonyrefail once and there were really nice views.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 19 May 2016, 12:48 pm

PhilBB wrote:Doesn't Pontypridd stand at the junction of the Rhondda and Taff / Cynon Valleys, so isn't actually in a valley?

It's the gateway to the valley I have just mentioned. To help you out, the next main valley over is the Aberdare one, it contains villages such as Abercynon, Mountain Ash, Abercwmboi, Cwmbach, Llwycoed to name a few.

You then get the far more densely populated one which contains towns like Treharis, Trelewis, Merthyr Vale, and Merthyr Tydfil. Any further east and you are entering the Gwent and the Gwent Valleys.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 19 May 2016, 12:50 pm

The only places I personally consider 'valleys' are those in and around Rhondda - so that includes Pontypridd, which I also thought was in Rhondda. It makes me laugh when pretenders come down from Risca, Blackwood and Pontypool claiming they're from the valleys.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 19 May 2016, 12:50 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
PhilBB wrote:Doesn't Pontypridd stand at the junction of the Rhondda and Taff / Cynon Valleys, so isn't actually in a valley?

It's the gateway to the valley I have just mentioned. To help you out, the next main valley over is the Aberdare one, it contains villages such as Abercynon, Mountain Ash, Abercwmboi, Cwmbach, Llwycoed to name a few.

You then get the far more densely populated one which contains towns like Treharis, Trelewis, Merthyr Vale, and Merthyr Tydfil. Any further east and you are entering the Gwent and the Gwent Valleys.

It's the gateway. Thanks. So not actually in a valley. We got there at last.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 19 May 2016, 12:51 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:The only places I personally consider 'valleys' are those in and around Rhondda - so that includes Pontypridd, which I also thought was in Rhondda. It makes me laugh when pretenders come down from Risca, Blackwood and Pontypool claiming they're from the valleys.

It may be that Pontypridd is NOT in the Rhondda....
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 19 May 2016, 12:54 pm

Where is this sign for "Valleys" that you say is factual Phil ? I want to go and see it.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 19 May 2016, 12:56 pm

PhilBB wrote:It may be that Pontypridd is NOT in the Rhondda....

Where is "the Rhondda" ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 19 May 2016, 12:56 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

Where is "the Rhondda" ?

North of Pontypridd, no? As you yourself wrote above.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 19 May 2016, 12:57 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Where is this sign for "Valleys" that you say is factual Phil ? I want to go and see it.

Point me to my post where I wrote that there is a 'sign for the "Valleys" that is factual'.

Thanks.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 19 May 2016, 12:58 pm

Pontypridd.

Don't mind me lads, continue your discussion. I'm just using it as a geography lesson for me. Interesting.

So I went to look up Pontypridd, - I've never been to it - but I looked it up on ye olde Google Earth.
Straight away you pretty much can see that it seems to be slotted in between a few promontories.

Pontypridd itself is about 65metres above sea level. The promontory to the North is approx. 230M, the promontory to the East is approx. 200M (at least close in, it rises even more as you pull away from the town, the promontory to the South is approx. 220M, and the promontory to the West is approx. 240M.

Is this the technically accurate 'valley' situated town you're all on about?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Thu 19 May 2016, 1:00 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:The only places I personally consider 'valleys' are those in and around Rhondda - so that includes Pontypridd, which I also thought was in Rhondda. It makes me laugh when pretenders come down from Risca, Blackwood and Pontypool claiming they're from the valleys.

Is Risca not directly in between two mountains, so very much in a valley?

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 19 May 2016, 1:01 pm

SecretFly wrote:

So which Valley is it in?
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 19 May 2016, 1:03 pm

PhilBB wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Where is "the Rhondda" ?

Show me on a map where it say "The Rhondda". Or tell me where you have seen a sign that says "The Rhondda". I wait with anticipation. Very Happy

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Thu 19 May 2016, 1:04 pm

Who gives a Poopie, really?

This thread started dire and has gone downhill from there.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 19 May 2016, 1:05 pm

I always remember reading before on the old ChumV site that clubs like Pontypridd, Llantwit Fardre and Beddau were the Taff Valley clubs. Not sure if the Taff Valley is a proper terminology though

Ponty town and the surrounding areas come under the Pontypridd constituency not Rhondda. So under no political or geographical way can Ponty be in the Rhondda

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 19 May 2016, 1:06 pm

PhilBB wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

So which Valley is it in?

A valley. It's in a Valley. How many valleys on this planet have yet to be named?

A name doesn't denote a definition. Pontypridd is situated in a valley.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 19 May 2016, 1:06 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Where is "the Rhondda" ?

Show me on a map where it say "The Rhondda". Or tell me where you have seen a sign that says "The Rhondda". I wait with anticipation. Very Happy

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/A3J843/roadside-sign-on-the-bwlch-mountain-at-the-entrance-to-the-rhondda-A3J843.jpg
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 19 May 2016, 1:07 pm

SecretFly wrote:

A valley.  It's in a Valley.  How many valleys on this planet have yet to be named?  

A name doesn't denote a definition.  Pontypridd is situated in a valley.

Right, so it's in a nameless valley because your computer says so.

Cheers.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 19 May 2016, 1:07 pm

Steffan wrote:I always remember reading before on the old ChumV site that clubs like Pontypridd, Llantwit Fardre and Beddau were the Taff Valley clubs. Not sure if the Taff Valley is a proper terminology though

Ponty town and the surrounding areas come under the Pontypridd constituency not Rhondda. So under no political or geographical way can Ponty be in the Rhondda

Ouch.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 19 May 2016, 1:10 pm

That is not "The Rhonnda" though is it ? Rhondda is not a place anymore. Also, by the looks of it, that sign is from the 70's or 80's.

As everybody is saying, there is NO name for each valley in Wales.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 19 May 2016, 1:11 pm

PhilBB wrote:
Steffan wrote:I always remember reading before on the old ChumV site that clubs like Pontypridd, Llantwit Fardre and Beddau were the Taff Valley clubs. Not sure if the Taff Valley is a proper terminology though

Ouch.

Nobody said Pontypridd was part of Rhondda did they ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 19 May 2016, 1:12 pm

PhilBB wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

A valley.  It's in a Valley.  How many valleys on this planet have yet to be named?  

A name doesn't denote a definition.  Pontypridd is situated in a valley.

Right, so it's in a nameless valley because your computer says so.

Cheers.

Why the need to always have a argument with your fingernails, Phil? How many bits of keratin have you left? Or have you needed to go stir up your toes.

Pontypridd is in a valley. The politics of that truth, I'll leave to you and the other Welsh lads here.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 19 May 2016, 1:14 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
PhilBB wrote:

Ouch.

Nobody said Pontypridd was part of Rhondda did they ?
I thought I read someone saying it was. People in real life have thought it is part of the Rhondda though

Then you have the Ely Valley in RCT. Places like Gilfach Goch and Tonyrefail. But I agree that no Valley has a real name

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 19 May 2016, 1:14 pm

LordDowlais wrote:That is not "The Rhonnda" though is it ? Rhondda is not a place anymore. Also, by the looks of it, that sign is from the 70's or 80's.

As everybody is saying, there is NO name for each valley in Wales.

You may not find a sign that says 'The Gower' but some call it that, others call it 'Gower'. To sink to quibbling whether a definite article should be used is an interesting attempt to save face.

So we've now sunk to claiming 'everybody' (which is clearly untrue) thinking Pontypridd is in an unnamed valley.

O.K.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 19 May 2016, 1:16 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

It's odd that you chose to write the above only to move on to claim that Pontypridd is an unnamed valley.

Oh well.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 19 May 2016, 1:16 pm

Steffan wrote:But I agree that no Valley has a real name

Can you please explain that to Phil please Steff ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 19 May 2016, 1:18 pm

RiscaGame wrote:

Is Risca not directly in between two mountains, so very much in a valley?

I did say me personally. And you can add Cwmbran to that, and it actually has valley in its name. They all work in Newport, eat in Newport, shop in Newport, spend their weekends drinking in Newport yet still try and run the place down so they're all idiots from wannabe valleys to me; say no more.

*to steffan, goes to show how little I know and how little I wish to know about your smudge on a map thumbsup, go have a beer in a civilised place south of your town pal.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 19 May 2016, 1:19 pm

PhilBB wrote:It's odd that you chose to write the above only to move on to claim that Pontypridd is an unnamed valley.

Ok then Phil, over to you. Can you please tell us all the names of these valleys, from Ystradgynlias to Abbergavenny ? West to east preferably. Rolling Eyes

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 19 May 2016, 1:19 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Steffan wrote:But I agree that no Valley has a real name

Can you please explain that to Phil please Steff ?

Can you explain why you tried to claim it was the 'Glamorgan Valley'?

You can see the source of my confusion.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 19 May 2016, 1:20 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
PhilBB wrote:It's odd that you chose to write the above only to move on to claim that Pontypridd is an unnamed valley.

Ok then Phil, over to you. Can you please tell us all the names of these valleys, from Ystradgynlias to Abbergavenny ? West to east preferably. Rolling Eyes

Wouldn't have a clue, mate. I'll leave the fabrication of names to you in this thread.

I'll sit with 'Pontypridd isn't in a named valley'.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 19 May 2016, 1:24 pm

PhilBB wrote:

Laugh The debate continues, Phil. There is no consensus as yet. You will be informed when everyone agrees on your source of confusion.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 19 May 2016, 1:26 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:*to steffan, goes to show how little I know and how little I wish to know about your smudge on a map thumbsup, go have a beer in a civilised place south of your town pal.
I don't live in the town. I live in a quiet village 4-5 miles outside. And I do drink in Cardiff (I assume that's what you mean) on a regular basis actually. Have lived there as well

However your constant "Ponty is a hell hole and anyone from there needs to be shot" is rather childish and doesn't really have sod all to do with rugby...pal

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 19 May 2016, 1:27 pm

SecretFly wrote:
PhilBB wrote:

Laugh The debate continues, Phil.  There is no consensus as yet.  You will be informed when everyone agrees on your source of confusion.

I'm hoping that you're in your 70s.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 19 May 2016, 1:31 pm

PhilBB wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
PhilBB wrote:

Laugh The debate continues, Phil.  There is no consensus as yet.  You will be informed when everyone agrees on your source of confusion.

I'm hoping that you're in your 70s.

Phil must have a thing for septuagenarians Wink What an absolutely pathetic end to the Welsh regional season - Page 7 3559488474

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 19 May 2016, 1:31 pm

Oh you're a good old sort all the same, Phil.

A bark manufactured to be worse than the bite. You're good for a laugh. The place would be dull without you.

Carry on. OK

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 19 May 2016, 1:39 pm

Steffan wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:*to steffan, goes to show how little I know and how little I wish to know about your smudge on a map thumbsup, go have a beer in a civilised place south of your town pal.
I don't live in the town. I live in a quiet village 4-5 miles outside. And I do drink in Cardiff (I assume that's what you mean) on a regular basis actually. Have lived there as well

However your constant "Ponty is a hell hole and anyone from there needs to be shot" is rather childish and doesn't really have sod all to do with rugby...pal

Well it's no surprise you'd want to live outside of Ponty, rather than live there and be in denial forever.

It's not constant, I've only brought this up about the town today. It's a bit rich for you to moan when all you do is come on here to run down other Welsh towns, cities and their teams so you can illicit an emotional response from someone - this is why some folk happen to inform you how Ponty are small time in the real rugby world. I've never heard welsh rugby supporters say anything positive about Pontypridd fans and that doesn't come as a surprise to me either. Jog on.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 19 May 2016, 1:41 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Well it's no surprise you'd want to live outside of Ponty
Why. What's wrong with the town?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 19 May 2016, 1:42 pm

Steffan wrote:

Their rugby fans.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 19 May 2016, 1:43 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Their rugby fans.
What..every one of them? Every singe one?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 19 May 2016, 1:51 pm

Steffan wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Their rugby fans.
Yeah.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 19 May 2016, 1:53 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
Steffan wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Their rugby fans.
Yeah.
Didn't realise you knew every single one of them

Very mature...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 19 May 2016, 1:57 pm

Mr Irony Wink.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 19 May 2016, 2:00 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Ponty and their fans, the worst bunch in world rugby

A bit like this really...

Like you have met every bunch of fans in the WORLD laughing

It's like my 10 year old nephew (who is a Ponty fan by the way so therefore one of the evil lot you hate) saying that Liverpool were the crappest team in the world because they lost last night

You're a like a little kid the way you say stuff Very Happy

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 19 May 2016, 2:07 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:It's a bit rich for you to moan when all you do is come on here to run down other Welsh towns, cities and their teams so you can illicit an emotional response from someone

*Elicit. OK

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 19 May 2016, 2:13 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:It's a bit rich for you to moan when all you do is come on here to run down other Welsh towns, cities and their teams so you can illicit an emotional response from someone

*Elicit. OK
And there was me thinking I'm gonna be in Ponty magistrates next week for obtaining "emotional responses" via unlawful means...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 19 May 2016, 3:20 pm

Steffan wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Ponty and their fans, the worst bunch in world rugby

A bit like this really...

Like you have met every bunch of fans in the WORLD laughing

It's like my 10 year old nephew (who is a Ponty fan by the way so therefore one of the evil lot you hate) saying that Liverpool were the crappest team in the world because they lost last night

You're a like a little kid the way you say stuff Very Happy

Oh how ironic when we take into account your constant berating of Newport, Dragons and everything outside of Ponty. You also keep biting so I see no reason to stop. Btw speaking of Ponty how are their rugby team doing? I heard they don't do as well without their Blues players laughing.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next