The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What next for Crolla?

+6
Rowley
wheelchair1991
EX7EY
Jermaine2015
hazharrison
spencerclarke
10 posters

Go down

What next for Crolla? Empty What next for Crolla?

Post by spencerclarke Tue May 10, 2016 2:24 pm

Afternoon all,

After the great result at the weekend what do we now see for Crolla? Vegas and Linares appears to beckon. Alternatively Flanagan would be another great fight and another unification. Thoughts people?

Cheers

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

What next for Crolla? Empty Re: What next for Crolla?

Post by hazharrison Tue May 10, 2016 2:26 pm

I don't think the Flanagan fight happens. I could see Mickey Bey (hasn't Hearn been hooking up with Mayweather?).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Tue May 10, 2016 2:33 pm

hazharrison wrote:I don't think the Flanagan fight happens. I could see Mickey Bey (hasn't Hearn been hooking up with Mayweather?).
Bey is fighting Rances for IBF title.

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by EX7EY Tue May 10, 2016 2:49 pm

My first thoughts after his win at the weekend were Linares. Should be a good fight for him and he'd have the opportunity to take another portion of the world title. Good boxer though Linares and he wont gas as terribly as Barroso at the weekend.

Crolla has gone well up in my estimation I must confess. Never really rated him thatn highly to be honest. He started making all the usual noises of improvements etc etc before the first perez fight and actually he's one of those rare fighters that has actually improved a lot.

Liked what I saw on Saturday. Barroso probably not as good as hes been made out to be in terms of well rounded ability but clearly he was a very dangerous opponent and Anthony showed the ability to execute a plan to absolute perfection. Proper disciplined bioxing as well, kept his defence really tight and started countering when he saw the openings. Nice body shots too.

I made noises on here about the Perez win being a bit suspect as the body shot looked like nothing to me but in hindsight it looks like I was wrong.

Hope he gets a really big fight down the line.

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed May 11, 2016 2:00 am

It was an excellent win for Crolla but Eddie's comments about him being the best lightweight in the world were over the top. Zlaticanin, Linares, Flanagan and Barthélemy are probably all ahead of him.

Hearn seemed to suggest he was lining up some less arduous money fights for him but I'm struggling to see who? Ricky Burns (should he win another belt at 140)? Campbell? Lundy? Mathews III?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Wed May 11, 2016 7:27 am

Id lije to see the linares fight next for Crolla

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed May 11, 2016 8:42 am

Warren has said he'll allow Flanagan to fight on sky. Said he would be responsible for paying Flanagan, Hearn pays Crolla, revenue gets split down the middle. Did put a condition in that stub hub could not be involved, which would seem to be a stumbling block.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed May 11, 2016 9:25 am

Flanagan or Linares

Crolla has had three great fights in a row

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed May 11, 2016 11:14 am

Rowley wrote:Warren has said he'll allow Flanagan to fight on sky. Said he would be responsible for paying Flanagan, Hearn pays Crolla, revenue gets split down the middle. Did put a condition in that stub hub could not be involved, which would seem to be a stumbling block.

Oh dear God, a reason to like Frank Warren........ vomit vomit vomit

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed May 11, 2016 12:42 pm

Crolla is an improved fighter and a very likeable one, a few cracking fights out there for him i'd be very happy with linares (one of my favourite fighters to watch) or Flanagan. Fingers crossed.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed May 11, 2016 1:16 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Rowley wrote:Warren has said he'll allow Flanagan to fight on sky. Said he would be responsible for paying Flanagan, Hearn pays Crolla, revenue gets split down the middle. Did put a condition in that stub hub could not be involved, which would seem to be a stumbling block.

Oh dear God, a reason to like Frank Warren........ vomit vomit vomit

I said exactly the same on Twitter top hat, that is twice we have agreed with each other in a matter of days. This is most troubling.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed May 11, 2016 1:35 pm

I still hate Trade Unions and think there do nothing to benefit society beyond their members - does that help? Or do I need to say something about sponging welfare claimants or asylum seekers...?? Hug Hug

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed May 11, 2016 1:45 pm

I'll spend some time on the off topic section, am sure we'll restore the balance soon enough.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Wed May 11, 2016 3:03 pm

Don't really the benefit in fighting Jorge Linares. He's hardly a fighter that will bring in big money coupled with he doesn't actually hold a title anymore.

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed May 11, 2016 4:15 pm

Rowley wrote:I'll spend some time on the off topic section, am sure we'll restore the balance soon enough.

thumbsup thumbsup

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed May 11, 2016 5:31 pm

Can't see him fighting Flanagan just yet as can see the pair of them having a few easy defences now (as much as i hate them can't really berate Crolla for that) building the name up a bit more before a big manchester showdown. For anyone that might be interested Crolla's special guest at Mr Farrell's first Pro show on 23rd June (tickets from 20 quid Wink

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down