The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Yorkshire ripper ???

+4
rIck_dAgless
Galted
superflyweight
TRUSSMAN66
8 posters

Go down

The Yorkshire ripper ??? Empty The Yorkshire ripper ???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 16 May 2016, 4:17 pm

Always been a fan of Jack the ripper stories so naturally when I saw a book about this guy........I read it !!....Already knew of the case....Wondered if anyone has anything to add you'll all know the story I imagine....I know there are a few Yorkshire posters who would have been alive at the time and others who would have better knowledge than me of the outrage and fear these crimes must have caused.....

These kind of scale-killers are thankfully in short supply..

Can't believe how a guy with a Geordie accent could screw up a whole investigation....Tragic..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

The Yorkshire ripper ??? Empty Re: The Yorkshire ripper ???

Post by Guest Tue 17 May 2016, 12:23 pm

Huge Police resources wasted taking statements from people who hadn't seen anything, no computers and everything logged by hand/index card. The victims treated as scum who deserved everything they got until Sutcliffe started killing nice middle class girls. Working girls attacked by a man matching his description a long time before the murders started but were never believed. Thousands of men interviewed whilst their wives were asked to go make a cup of tea and officers were telling these men their cars had been seen in the Red Light area but it might be an idea if "wifey" didn't find out but we do need to know what you were doing there. Women living in abject terror of being alone/out at night whilst working girls still went out on the streets despite the atrocities being committed.

There's never been a reign of terror like it in this country. Police so desperate for any help they were using mediums and psychics

Actually met one of the survivors a couple of years ago as part of a completely unconnected matter.

My mate was taught by Sutcliffe's wife

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 17 May 2016, 12:29 pm

Didn't one of the psychics send the police off on a wild goose chase by claiming that she'd seen visions of someone dressed like a submariner? Crazy stuff!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 May 2016, 12:42 pm

One medium said that the killer lived in a pink house and when you saw Sutcliffe's house under the streetlights...it looked pink!

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 17 May 2016, 1:02 pm

On the assumption that Sutcliffe's house was nowt special, I'm assuming that a lot of houses looked pink under the streetlights of the 70's?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 May 2016, 1:18 pm

Huge assumption...it housed one of the most prolific killers of our times

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 17 May 2016, 2:00 pm

What I find hard to believe was that everything pointed to the killer being Sutcliffe..5 pound note in a victim's possession traced to a handful of Yorkshire companies...Photo fit. ..Crime location and the fact he'd been interrogated unsatisfactorily on several occasions...

All that was dropped for some geordie prankster...

Just crazy.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 May 2016, 12:04 pm

There's also stories that he was in the car with a few mates then asked to be dropped of claiming he was nipping for a wee then shortly afterwards came sprinting back to the car shouting for them to drive off. The next day it was reported that a woman had been attacked in the same area at the same time.

His friends also said that on numerous occasions whilst driving through the Red Light area, Sutcliffe would make comments about the Ripper and how he was a good bloke who had the right idea about these women but none of them ever connected the dots and figured it was just "Peter being Peter"

In fact, prior to his arrest they were going to release him again, he was discovered trying to climb out of a window and confessed to the killings.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 18 May 2016, 12:34 pm

Must have been a long pee.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 18 May 2016, 5:56 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Must have been a long pee.....

Nearly as long as the one you had in your pants when I suggested that the police weren't entirely to blame for certain football-related tragedies which shan't be named.

Is it just murders of women you're a fan of or are children and men included?  If so you mind want to read up about Albert Fish and Francis Sweeney, two very disturbed individuals.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 18 May 2016, 6:08 pm

Galted wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Must have been a long pee.....

Nearly as long as the one you had in your pants when I suggested that the police weren't entirely to blame for certain football-related tragedies which shan't be named.

Is it just murders of women you're a fan of or are children and men included?  If so you mind want to read up about Albert Fish and Francis Sweeney, two very disturbed individuals.

Thanks for the suggestions... Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 19 May 2016, 7:35 am

I love a bit of Albert Fish, what a nasty man...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 19 May 2016, 9:56 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Always been a fan of Jack the ripper stories so naturally when I saw a book about this guy........I read it !!....Already knew of the case....Wondered if anyone has anything to add you'll all know the story I imagine....I know there are a few Yorkshire posters who would have been alive at the time and others who would have better knowledge than me of the outrage and fear these crimes must have caused.....

These kind of scale-killers are thankfully in short supply..

Can't believe how a guy with a Geordie accent could screw up a whole investigation....Tragic..

Hi Truss - I remember the case well.

The lack of technology at the time clearly hindered the investigation and particularly the inability to to crosscheck information by computer. It was even reported that at one stage a group of police cadets were called in to move the hundreds (thousands?) of bulging paper files as there were concerns their weight would break the floor where they were stored and crash through the ceiling of the offices below.

That said, poor communication and control were also very significant factors. As referred to in your OP, much police time was wasted in trying to track down the hoaxer dubbed 'Wearside Jack'. The senior police officers coordinating the case were convinced he was their man as they had the misguided belief he had information that would only have been known to the killer. Incredibly, his knowledge came from a regional television programme which they were unaware of and in which other police officers had contributed.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 May 2016, 2:02 pm

rick_dagless wrote:I love a bit of Albert Fish, what a nasty man...
Albert Fish...when they tried to electrocute him, they discovered he had dozen of needles inserted into his genitals.

The band "MACABRE" do albums about serial killers and they have one for him...the chorus goes, "Mr Albert Fish, was children your favourite dish?"

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Thu 19 May 2016, 3:55 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Albert Fish...when they tried to electrocute him, they discovered he had dozen of needles inserted into his genitals.

The band "MACABRE" do albums about serial killers and they have one for him...the chorus goes, "Mr Albert Fish, was children your favourite dish?"

Their Dahmer album was a cracker

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 May 2016, 4:23 pm

Dicey Reilly wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Saw them a few years back in Bradford with Monolith Deathcult and Screamin' Daemon whose song about Sutcliffe "The Big Ripper sings Sadistic r***..." is an absolute classic. Also like Church of Misery and the stuff they do

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 20 May 2016, 7:55 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Dicey Reilly wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Saw them a few years back in Bradford with Monolith Deathcult and Screamin' Daemon whose song about Sutcliffe "The Big Ripper sings Sadistic r***..." is an absolute classic. Also like Church of Misery and the stuff they do

Screamin Daemon, didn't they record the very Orwellian album The Decline Of The English Murder and the song The Brady Bunch?

Last edited by Galted on Fri 20 May 2016, 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : an extra word appeared, from whence it came, I do not know)

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Mon 30 May 2016, 12:03 am

Can't believe how a guy with a Geordie accent could screw up a whole investigation....Tragic

Can't believe how anybody could listen to a Maccam accent and think it's Geordie, no wonder they took so long to lift the killer...
TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 May 2016, 10:33 am

TrailApe wrote:
Can't believe how a guy with a Geordie accent could screw up a whole investigation....Tragic

Can't believe how anybody could listen to a Maccam accent and think it's Geordie, no wonder they took so long to lift the killer...
My Mum was a Geordie and she told the Police that it wasn't a Geordie accent on the recording.

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Tue 31 May 2016, 11:35 am

Good on yer Mum.

They'd probably been listening to the poor attempts that you hear actors trot out on the telly. It can be actually painful to listen to some of the output.
TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 May 2016, 11:54 am

Didn't do any good, it was the eighties, she was a woman and not from Yorkshire so her opinion on anything was irrelevant as far as the Police were concerned. She also asked if they were looking for a black man or a white man, they said they didn't know!

Back to top Go down

Post by Yadsendew Tue 21 Jun 2016, 9:23 am

I know that it's not especially relevant but I played in the same football team as Rob Hyde (Morton Villa, nr Grenoside) Sheffield. As far as I can recall Rob was supposed to be playing in a match the following day. We received a phone call saying he couldn't play due to the fact that he and his Sergeant may have caught the Ripper.

Yadsendew

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down