The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury floored three times in sparring by a Light Heavyweight

+10
RanjitPatel
BoxingFan88
ONETWOFOREVER
fa0019
melv500
milkyboy
TopHat24/7
TRUSSMAN66
AdamT
Pedro147
14 posters

Go down

Fury floored three times in sparring by a Light Heavyweight Empty Fury floored three times in sparring by a Light Heavyweight

Post by Pedro147 Wed 18 May 2016, 12:35 pm

http://bit.ly/1WDQmlz

Given a black eye and a cut for his troubles. Video of Tyson with a black eye talking about it in the link.

The former Irish Heavyweight Champion handed Klitschko his first defeat in over 11 years last November. Since then, Fury has enjoyed life outside the ring as the undisputed Heavyweight Champion of the World, and has noticeably fallen out of shape.

Fury faces Klitschko in July in Manchester and has been recording a video diary in preparation for the fight. A video released on Tuesday shows it's not going to plan after he was knocked to the canvas on three separate occasions by a training partner.

"I've got some bad news for everybody, there was a Light-Heavyweight kid come to the gym yesterday from Belgium. Absolute dynamite! I just though I could play with him, and he bladdered me three times. Put me down in sparring. He gave me a black eye, cut me across the eye nearly."

"I had no headguard on and said he could wear ten ounce gloves. Obviously, because he was a Light-Heavyweight and can't hurt me. I find out that speed kills and I hit the deck three times."

"Peter (Fury, Tyson's trainer) said; 'What's going on?'. I said; 'I'm a bit overweight so my timings not there and my resilience is not there'. I think that has put me in good stead for the fight."

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Fury floored three times in sparring by a Light Heavyweight Empty Re: Fury floored three times in sparring by a Light Heavyweight

Post by AdamT Wed 18 May 2016, 12:36 pm

Mind games and lies.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Fury floored three times in sparring by a Light Heavyweight Empty Re: Fury floored three times in sparring by a Light Heavyweight

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 18 May 2016, 12:49 pm

He has got history when it comes to being decked and outclassed by a midget though..

I mean that Cunningham must have been doing something right ...Woodhall gave him a round !! laughing

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 18 May 2016, 1:04 pm

AdamT wrote:Mind games and lies.

Yip

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 18 May 2016, 1:13 pm

Truss u love Khan.

Shouldn't be too hard on Fury getting dropped. Least he can get up and win.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 18 May 2016, 1:17 pm

I'm not a fan of anybody now.......Only ever been a fan of Don Curry when I was a kid......Liked Larry too..

Do stick up for Khan though.. He's ambitious in an era where you can make loads of money without being so.............Going in against Canelo took balls...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 18 May 2016, 1:20 pm

Is Fury ambitious? Why not stick up for him?

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 May 2016, 1:30 pm

Whilst both talk a lot of rot at times, at least Khan seems to care passionately about boxing and being perceived as a great fighter (although he may fall some why short of that at the end). Fury seems to p!ss and moan about how he hates the sport, isn't interested, bothered or motivated and, to be frank, gets on my f*cking nerves with his "poor me" diatribes.

Only thing Khan and Fury have in common is that their failure to fight their biggest rivals (Haye and Brook) will not reflect well on them.

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 18 May 2016, 1:39 pm

good point dave. Fury's ducking of haye was shameful.... and then having to Beg him to pull out injured just to save face. Appalling.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Wed 18 May 2016, 1:42 pm

Can't believe people take notice of anything that comes out that morons mouth. Hope Klitschko "bladders" him.

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 18 May 2016, 1:42 pm

Dave did Fury not sign to fight Haye?? Haye pulled out out twice with injury.

Khan Is too afraid of losing to Brook.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Wed 18 May 2016, 2:47 pm

milkyboy wrote:good point dave. Fury's ducking of haye was shameful.... and then having to Beg him to pull out injured just to save face. Appalling.

Haye pulled out of an agreed fight with Fury twice... both times citing injury. Fury has never ducked Haye... he simply said he would never give him the payday and cash in on Fury's success since because of Haye's treatment to him when he was up and coming.

Haye is the one who dodged, not the other way around.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 18 May 2016, 2:49 pm

Mind games. .Idiotic behaviour...aside..

Only thing that matters is if Wlad is willing to engage more inside the 20 by 20..

If he is...he wins.

Here is me thinking Milky was being sarcastic !!

Not ironic...I don't get irony !!.

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 18 May 2016, 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 May 2016, 2:50 pm

"Poor Fury paid all this money for two training camps only for Haye to pull out" I didn't realize Haye's training camps would cost him nothing...

"I knew Haye would pull out of fight me twice" yet you still signed for the fights knowing you'd have to pay for training camps? I've no sympathy then, you thick c*nt

Anyhoo...

Haye's now fit again and Fury is still saying that he won't fight him even if he wins a title but in the same breath claims he's the best HW on the planet and, to my way of thinking, the way to do that would be to fight and beat someone holding the same opinion of themselves (that way, people would know who the best is). If Fury's claims that he's better than Haye are to believed then I'm all for the old-fashioned method of having them fight rather than reading about which thinks they're the best on their respective Twitter accounts

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 May 2016, 2:52 pm

fa0019 wrote:
milkyboy wrote:good point dave. Fury's ducking of haye was shameful.... and then having to Beg him to pull out injured just to save face. Appalling.

Haye pulled out of an agreed fight with Fury twice... both times citing injury. Fury has never ducked Haye... he simply said he would never give him the payday and cash in on Fury's success since because of Haye's treatment to him when he was up and coming.

Talking about Fury now refusing to fight haye under any circumstances (even though we all know that you dangle £10million in Fury's face and his eyes will light up at the thought of how he could fill his swimming pool with gravy)

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Wed 18 May 2016, 2:57 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
fa0019 wrote:

Talking about Fury now refusing to fight haye under any circumstances (even though we all know that you dangle £10million in Fury's face and his eyes will light up at the thought of how he could fill his swimming pool with gravy)

Haye simply wants a payday. He sees others doing well and wants to cash in on work done by Fury, done by Joshua. Had Fury not won the world title/Joshua not started to look good do you think Haye would have come back?  Fury doesn't really care about money/PR, never really has.
Fury obvioulsy felt aggrieved by Haye pulling out of 2 fights. I imagine most fighters would. Most fighters would say 1 ok, 2... dodge... especially since he "retired" straight after. Can't really blame him. Fury isn't scared of Haye, he just dislikes him and doesn't want to give him the payday.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 May 2016, 3:05 pm

fa0019 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
fa0019 wrote:

Haye simply wants a payday. He sees others doing well and wants to cash in on work done by Fury, done by Joshua. Had Fury not won the world title/Joshua not started to look good do you think Haye would have come back?  Fury doesn't really care about money/PR, never really has.
Fury obvioulsy felt aggrieved by Haye pulling out of 2 fights. I imagine most fighters would. Most fighters would say 1 ok, 2... dodge... especially since he "retired" straight after. Can't really blame him. Fury isn't scared of Haye, he just dislikes him and doesn't want to give him the payday.

Like I said, his refusal to fight him will reflect badly. Wlad was no fan of Haye and still fought him. As for cashing in on AJ and Fury, do you not think those two have also used Haye to further their own career? Up until a few months ago, Haye was arguably a bigger name than either of them and then once he had his comeback fight, they/their promoters were tripping over themselves to drop Haye's name into the mix. None of them are blameless in this name-dropping game but I do hope that commonsense prevails and we get a series of fights featuring all three.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 18 May 2016, 3:17 pm

Not sure I'll be paying 18 pound to watch Haye again..

If Wlad makes him soil his pants then he isn't going to enjoy AJ..

Haye is happy with his faithful watching him in with the bum of the month..

You defend him well Dave but he isn't worth it..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 18 May 2016, 3:21 pm

I picked Haye to beat Aj because of experience.

I stand by that "for now"

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 May 2016, 3:25 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Not sure I'll be paying 18 pound to watch Haye again..

If Wlad makes him soil his pants then he isn't going to enjoy AJ..

Haye is happy with his faithful watching him in with the bum of the month..

You defend him well Dave but he isn't worth it..

I fully agree that this current incarnation has done little to get the juices flowing (not those, the boxing ones) and that the current level of opposition is risible. Should he fight Shannon Briggs next I fear my ability to defend him with any real vigour will vanish like a fart in an air freshener factory

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Wed 18 May 2016, 3:27 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
fa0019 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
fa0019 wrote:

Like I said, his refusal to fight him will reflect badly. Wlad was no fan of Haye and still fought him. As for cashing in on AJ and Fury, do you not think those two have also used Haye to further their own career?  Up until a few months ago, Haye was arguably a bigger name than either of them and then once he had his comeback fight, they/their promoters were tripping over themselves to drop Haye's name into the mix. None of them are blameless in this name-dropping game but I do hope that commonsense prevails and we get a series of fights featuring all three.

In terms of an analogy of Haye this is my take on it.

He's like the mate everyone had as youngsters (well 18-25). You'd go out to the local meat market and they were too scared to do their own work but the minute anyone else got any success they'd pop their head in like some over enthusiastic lad trying to get a piece of the action. Its kind of pathetic and you can see it a mile off.

Fury hasn't dodged him (yet) he's got to fight Klitchsko still and then he will line up other fights first. If Haye is still around after that (highly unlikely) I don't doubt Fury if still champion will fight him. Haye can't simply waltz in and think he can fight for a belt. He was only the WBA champ, only really fought b.ums at heavyweight and never really proved himself. His loss to Klitchsko was embarrassing both in the way he lost and his excuses thereafter. Broken toe or not, that didn't make him wet his pants throughout the fight.
He's a good fighter but the same old fighters always have an excuse, the best when they get beat they admit it face up.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 18 May 2016, 5:02 pm

fa0019 wrote:

Hmmn. Maybe I should have made the irony clearer.

I hate the payday excuse when it's used... Hatton witter, Khan brook. However, given haye pulled out twice I think this is one occasion where it's perhaps justified. It's more a case of why risk wasting your time again when you don't have to.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Wed 18 May 2016, 5:04 pm

milkyboy wrote:
fa0019 wrote:

Hmmn. Maybe I should have made the irony clearer.

I hate the payday excuse when it's used... Hatton witter, Khan brook. However, given haye pulled out twice I think this is one occasion where it's perhaps justified. It's more a case of why risk wasting your time again when you don't have to.

hold hands up to that.

I don't think Fury is dodging however. Haye is simply sniffing his pants again because he sees dollar signs and Fury knows it.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 18 May 2016, 7:19 pm

Haye v fury would be a good fight but fury has every right to distance himself from Haye as he was messed around twice.

I fully agree and endorse all of Truss comments

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 19 May 2016, 9:29 am

Apparently, following an argument due this this 'incident', Tyson and Peter have now split/stopped working together.

Again, severely doubtful. Tyson wouldn't have beaten K without Peter, I know he gives the chat about not caring but I seriously doubt that, all part of the games.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 19 May 2016, 9:30 am

WTF?

Seriously?

This is one of the most important nights of his career....there is no way

Like a SOAP opera

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 19 May 2016, 10:33 am

The 27-year-old said: "Ok guys I've been fooling you all. There was no knockdowns in the gym, as if it's possible for me to get chinned off a [light heavyweight]!

"I've lost over 10kg, feeling great and never been so on [course] for a fight with two months left to go. Stripping the weight nicely, but keeping the muscle, all going good. I play mind games."

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 19 May 2016, 10:43 am

Lol

Thought as much. Don't like a lot of what he represents, but some of his antics are making me warm to him and it's a wake up for the division from a decade of K-bot snoozing.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 19 May 2016, 10:45 am

I like him. I don't agree with some of his outbursts, but he is just attention seeking.

I think he is going to beat Wlad again.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Thu 19 May 2016, 10:58 am

Fury is well within his right not to give Haye a shot and a payday. Only a payday he wants and it would be another Wlad performance if he fought AJ or Fury.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 19 May 2016, 11:00 am

RanjitPatel wrote:Fury is well within his right not to give Haye a shot and a payday. Only a payday he wants and it would be another Wlad performance if he fought AJ or Fury.

I am starting to believe this myself. Haye is good, but I think his bottle will go.

I picked him to beat AJ, but I am changing my mind. Who has Haye really beat at Heavy??

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Thu 19 May 2016, 11:49 am

AdamT wrote:
RanjitPatel wrote:Fury is well within his right not to give Haye a shot and a payday. Only a payday he wants and it would be another Wlad performance if he fought AJ or Fury.

I am starting to believe this myself. Haye is good, but I think his bottle will go.

I picked him to beat AJ, but I am changing my mind. Who has Haye really beat at Heavy??

He's just a salesman now looking for a payday and he knows that he can get one from AJ as Hearn love to sell the British grudge match as it's an easy sell.

I used to be a Haye fan before I realised he was all talk at heavyweight. He admitted he wants the AJ fight over Fury because AJ has the bigger fan base even though Fury is the man in the division. Beating this next opponent and then an old, shot Briggs shouldn't get you a title shot.

It comes to something when the most excitement he's shown as an heavyweight was in the short sparring clip with Wach and Wilder.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 19 May 2016, 11:53 am

[quote="RanjitPatel"]
AdamT wrote:

He's just a salesman now looking for a payday and he knows that he can get one from AJ as Hearn love to sell the British grudge match as it's an easy sell.

I used to be a Haye fan before I realised he was all talk at heavyweight. He admitted he wants the AJ fight over Fury because AJ has the bigger fan base even though Fury is the man in the division. Beating this next opponent and then an old, shot Briggs shouldn't get you a title shot.

I agree fully. He should be fighting top guys to earn his shot.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest82 Thu 19 May 2016, 2:28 pm

I think Fury feels that Wlad underestimated him last time. He has been talking about being fat, retiring, getting floored, splitting with his coach - I am pretty sure he's just trying to make Wlad underestimate him again.

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 19 May 2016, 2:52 pm

Guest82 wrote:I think Fury feels that Wlad underestimated him last time. He has been talking about being fat, retiring, getting floored, splitting with his coach - I am pretty sure he's just trying to make Wlad underestimate him again.

I don't think it matters, Fury will beat him again

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Thu 19 May 2016, 3:37 pm

Kudos to anyone with the patience to listen to Fury's ramblings. What a seriously boring bloke! I'd rather listen to AJ talk about his diet and how he stays humble than this guy. Same sh1t different day.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 19 May 2016, 5:17 pm

Dipper Brown wrote:Kudos to anyone with the patience to listen to Fury's ramblings. What a seriously boring bloke! I'd rather listen to AJ talk about his diet and how he stays humble than this guy. Same sh1t different day.

He's definitely one for the kids...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidringsroad Fri 20 May 2016, 10:40 pm

You seem to forget that it wasn't Haye's decision to pull out of the fight but his doctor's and he did have surgery on his shoulder afterwards. Why would he give up a big payday when he would have beaten Fury and hopefully shut him up.

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Fri 20 May 2016, 10:59 pm

He would have beat Klitschko too, if he had a fully fit pinkie toe.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down