Je suis Harambe!

Go down

Je suis Harambe! Empty Je suis Harambe!

Post by Rowanbi on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 11:19 am

A few days ago a 4-year-old kid fell into the gorilla's enclosure at Cincinatti zoo and the upshot was that zoo security had to shoot the 200 kg male gorilla dead. What a terrible tragedy. Gorillas are among our closest relatives, highly intelligent, and only attack in self-defence as they are not carnivorous. So who was to blame? There's a social media witch-hunt underway now with the kid's parents coming in for harrassment and hundreds of thousands of signiatures on a petition calling for their prosecution. Sure, they could have paid a bit more attention to their kid than their mobile phones, but that's hardly crime of the century, is it? My question is, how could a 4-year-old kid have climbed the wall/fence surrounding the enclosure? Obviously there should have been a much higher wall/fence surrounding the enclosure of such a potentially dangeorus animal. Therefore the zoo officials need to be held at least 95% culpable and it is they who should be prosecuted. The upshot is a gorilla is dead because of human stupidity. In fact, this calls into question the entire concept of zoos themselves. They are both cruel and immoral. Wildlife parks seem a much better idea.
Rowanbi
Rowanbi

Posts : 825
Join date : 2015-02-15
Age : 83
Location : Istanbul

Back to top Go down

Je suis Harambe! Empty Re: Je suis Harambe!

Post by Guest on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 11:40 am

In the days when people lived in relative isolation from the rest of the world, with no tv etc, they were blissfully unaware of the plethora of beautiful creatures that inhabited the planet and the zoo seemed an ideal opportunity to see these creatures up close. As travel became more available and television brought the outside world to the masses, perhaps there's an argument that zoos shouldn't exist anymore but then again, there's the argument that seeing pictures of an elephant on tv or in a book cannot compare to seeing one in the flesh and for those who will never be able to afford to go on safari, the zoo is the only way we'll ever experience these animals.

However, if there are certain species that are in danger of becoming extinct then I firmly believe that if we can do everything possible to keep them from disappearing then we should however, for ever well intentioned, well run facility there's probably another couple where the conditions the animals are kept in give rise to the argument that they'd be better off taking their chances in the wild.

Am also waiting for the parents of the child to sue and claim compensation for emotional distress.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Je suis Harambe! Empty Re: Je suis Harambe!

Post by navyblueshorts on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 11:49 am

Rowanbi wrote:...They are both cruel and immoral....
Shame. You were doing so well until this point.

Agree about the tragedy that this gorilla 'had' to be killed. Still, what do you expect with the gun laws there?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8168
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Je suis Harambe! Empty Re: Je suis Harambe!

Post by navyblueshorts on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 11:49 am

DAVE667 wrote:In the days when people lived in relative isolation from the rest of the world, with no tv etc, they were blissfully unaware of the plethora of beautiful creatures that inhabited the planet and the zoo seemed an ideal opportunity to see these creatures up close. As travel became more available and television brought the outside world to the masses, perhaps there's an argument that zoos shouldn't exist anymore but then again, there's the argument that seeing pictures of an elephant on tv or in a book cannot compare to seeing one in the flesh and for those who will never be able to afford to go on safari, the zoo is the only way we'll ever experience these animals.

However, if there are certain species that are in danger of becoming extinct then I firmly believe that if we can do everything possible to keep them from disappearing then we should however, for ever well intentioned, well run facility there's probably another couple where the conditions the animals are kept in give rise to the argument that they'd be better off taking their chances in the wild.

Am also waiting for the parents of the child to sue and claim compensation for emotional distress.
clap
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8168
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Je suis Harambe! Empty Re: Je suis Harambe!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 1:01 pm

Au revoir la Singe...

Better safe than sorry....Besides think of all the money they'll save on bananas..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38643
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Je suis Harambe! Empty Re: Je suis Harambe!

Post by Guest on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 1:03 pm

The Zoo had three gorillas, the family had four kids, surely they made the wrong choice.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Je suis Harambe! Empty Re: Je suis Harambe!

Post by TopHat24/7 on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 1:57 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Rowanbi wrote:...They are both cruel and immoral....
Shame. You were doing so well until this point.

Agree about the tragedy that this gorilla 'had' to be killed. Still, what do you expect with the gun laws there?

Exactly. America's answer to EVERYTHING is "If in doubt, shoot".



To me blame is split between the incompetent scummy parents and the zoo, which clearly failed in its duty of care.

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 35
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Je suis Harambe! Empty Re: Je suis Harambe!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 1:59 pm

Must admit the way the ape was wasted.. wasn't really Marquis of Queensbury and in fairness some of the university geeks my eldest hangs around with make the ape look Shakespeare-esque.

No ...if one of mine had gone in the cage I would have either let the monkey have him and looked for him a few years later...."The emerald forest" is a favorite film of mine... Or I would have had to go toe to toe and given it half a chance...

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38643
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Je suis Harambe! Empty Re: Je suis Harambe!

Post by AdamT on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 3:14 pm

[quote="TopHat24/7"]
navyblueshorts wrote:
Rowanbi wrote:...They are both cruel and immoral....
Shame. You were doing so well until this point.

Agree about the tragedy that this gorilla 'had' to be killed. Still, what do you expect with the gun laws there?

Exactly.  America's answer to EVERYTHING is "If in doubt, shoot".


The country is a disgrace, with their gun laws. I'm glad I don't live over there. Knife threats are bad enough, never mind idiots running around fully loaded with serious weapons.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Je suis Harambe! Empty Re: Je suis Harambe!

Post by TopHat24/7 on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 3:21 pm

Difference is, in the UK if you stab someone and are caught, you get in trouble. Especially if you kill them. In America you just get let off as it's "your right"......

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 35
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Je suis Harambe! Empty Re: Je suis Harambe!

Post by Guest on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 3:22 pm

Made an absolute Michaels of the quote function there, Adam!!!!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Je suis Harambe! Empty Re: Je suis Harambe!

Post by Guest on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 3:23 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Difference is, in the UK if you stab someone and are caught, you get in trouble.  Especially if you kill them.  In America you just get let off as it's "your right"......
I hope that's not true!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Je suis Harambe! Empty Re: Je suis Harambe!

Post by rick_dagless on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 3:24 pm

Caught being the operative word SERIAL

rick_dagless
rik
rik

Posts : 10959
Join date : 2013-04-29
Location : Feeling souper

Back to top Go down

Je suis Harambe! Empty Re: Je suis Harambe!

Post by AdamT on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 3:24 pm

In the States A guy approaches your garden, you gun him down because he looked menacing. What happens then??

Are you a hero?

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Je suis Harambe! Empty Re: Je suis Harambe!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 3:27 pm

Part of the enabling of a free State.......So naughty dictators wouldn't try to take over..

However if there was amnesty only the good people would hand their weapons in.....

I'm a fan of the second amendment now though it needs rectifying in areas like assault weapons......

Hard to have a decent conversation about it on here though where ignorance runs wild.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38643
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Je suis Harambe! Empty Re: Je suis Harambe!

Post by TopHat24/7 on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 3:27 pm

Zimmerman proved you don't even need to be on your own property. Just see someone you don't like in the neighbourhood and exectute them. Job done.

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 35
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Je suis Harambe! Empty Re: Je suis Harambe!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 3:29 pm

Tony Martin.....

Like I said ignorance runs wild.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38643
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Je suis Harambe! Empty Re: Je suis Harambe!

Post by Guest on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 3:30 pm

"You shot that poor kid"
"He had a weapon."
"He was delivering the pizza you'd just ordered!"

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Je suis Harambe! Empty Re: Je suis Harambe!

Post by AdamT on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 3:32 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Tony Martin.....

Like I said ignorance runs wild.

The States is the Capital of Ignorance.

I wish Britain would stop backing them on their phoney wars.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Je suis Harambe! Empty Re: Je suis Harambe!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 3:33 pm

AdamT wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Tony Martin.....

Like I said ignorance runs wild.

The States is the Capital of Ignorance.

It is until somebody wants something.......

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38643
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Je suis Harambe! Empty Re: Je suis Harambe!

Post by AdamT on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 3:34 pm

I don't back them. Greed and power is everything over there.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Je suis Harambe! Empty Re: Je suis Harambe!

Post by Guest on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 3:35 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Tony Martin.....

Like I said ignorance runs wild.
You have the right to use reasonable force to defend yourself and your property (the grey area is what amount of force is reasonable). In Martin's case, had he said something along the lines of he'd fired a warning shot in the firm belief the voices he'd heard were coming from a different direction to which he'd fired then he'd have been OK but despite advise from his Legal team he insisted on saying he'd deliberately fired at the intruders which, in this country, is an absolute no-no

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Je suis Harambe! Empty Re: Je suis Harambe!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 3:38 pm

AdamT wrote:I don't back them. Greed and power is everything over there.

Everywhere, Adam....

Martin shot a guy in the back...went to prison......Menendez ???

Physician heal thyself...

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38643
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Je suis Harambe! Empty Re: Je suis Harambe!

Post by GSC on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 3:40 pm

There's probably been more outcry over a ****ing gorilla being shot than actual people
GSC
GSC

Posts : 38910
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 27
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

Je suis Harambe! Empty Re: Je suis Harambe!

Post by AdamT on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 3:41 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
AdamT wrote:I don't back them. Greed and power is everything over there.

Everywhere, Adam....

Martin shot a guy in the back...went to prison......Menendez ???

Physician heal thyself...

The most powerful Country in the World, has that idiot Trump running for President. People are voting for the imbecile. Now, I have no great understanding of USA politics, but what is up with that??

The States used to be the greatest country in the World. Something has been lost over the years.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Je suis Harambe! Empty Re: Je suis Harambe!

Post by TopHat24/7 on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 3:41 pm

And didn't Tony Martin get convicted and sent to prison.....?? Even then shooting two burglars is hardly the same as some random kid just walking along a public street.

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 35
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Je suis Harambe! Empty Re: Je suis Harambe!

Post by Guest on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 3:47 pm

GSC wrote:There's probably been more outcry over a ****ing gorilla being shot than actual people
We can afford to lose a few people though

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Je suis Harambe! Empty Re: Je suis Harambe!

Post by TopHat24/7 on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 3:55 pm

Probably more people in that zoo that day than there are gorrillas in existence.

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 35
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Je suis Harambe! Empty Re: Je suis Harambe!

Post by ShahenshahG on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 3:57 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Zimmerman proved you don't even need to be on your own property.  Just see someone you don't like in the neighbourhood and exectute them. Job done.

Have you got some pastry stuck next to your T button on your keyboard? First 'retarted' and now this!

ShahenshahG

Posts : 15637
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 33
Location : The happiest man a morning ever sees

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Je suis Harambe! Empty Re: Je suis Harambe!

Post by Guest on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 4:11 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Zimmerman proved you don't even need to be on your own property.  Just see someone you don't like in the neighbourhood and exectute them. Job done.

Have you got some pastry stuck next to your T button on your keyboard? First 'retarted' and now this!
Are you seriously asking if Toppy is sat near pastry?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Je suis Harambe! Empty Re: Je suis Harambe!

Post by ShahenshahG on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 4:19 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Zimmerman proved you don't even need to be on your own property.  Just see someone you don't like in the neighbourhood and exectute them. Job done.

Have you got some pastry stuck next to your T button on your keyboard? First 'retarted' and now this!
Are you seriously asking if Toppy is sat near pastry?

Of course, you simple-minded wandering peasant. If he's sitting near it he hasn't eaten it yet and that really does need to be questioned.

ShahenshahG

Posts : 15637
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 33
Location : The happiest man a morning ever sees

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Je suis Harambe! Empty Re: Je suis Harambe!

Post by TopHat24/7 on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 4:22 pm

laughing laughing laughing laughing

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 35
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Je suis Harambe! Empty Re: Je suis Harambe!

Post by Guest on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 4:23 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Zimmerman proved you don't even need to be on your own property.  Just see someone you don't like in the neighbourhood and exectute them. Job done.

Have you got some pastry stuck next to your T button on your keyboard? First 'retarted' and now this!
Are you seriously asking if Toppy is sat near pastry?

Of course, you simple-minded wandering peasant. If he's sitting near it he hasn't eaten it yet and that really does need to be questioned.
Listen you vile slaughterer of innocents (although some may be slightly more deserving of the genocide inflicted on them ...I'm referring to the Jeremy Vine's of this world) It's well known Toppy and pastry are a marriage made in Heaven therefore I was asking why you've even bothered to question whether or not any of his numerous failings and shortcomings were pastry-related.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Je suis Harambe! Empty Re: Je suis Harambe!

Post by navyblueshorts on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 9:52 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Part of the enabling of a free State.......So naughty dictators wouldn't try to take over..

However if there was amnesty only the good people would hand their weapons in.....

I'm a fan of the second amendment now though it needs rectifying in areas like assault weapons......

Hard to have a decent conversation about it on here though where ignorance runs wild.
Yawn......
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8168
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Je suis Harambe! Empty Re: Je suis Harambe!

Post by westisbest on Sat 04 Jun 2016, 7:17 pm

The parents of that kid being given a hard time, then what about the parents in japan who left their child in bear invested woods, because he was naughty.

wtf.

westisbest

Posts : 7105
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

Je suis Harambe! Empty Re: Je suis Harambe!

Post by Rowanbi on Sat 04 Jun 2016, 7:34 pm

westisbest wrote:The parents of that kid being given a hard time, then what about the parents in japan who left their child in bear invested woods, because he was naughty.

wtf.

Amazing! Those parents ought to be dumped in the middle of that bear-infested forest themselves. See how they like it!
Rowanbi
Rowanbi

Posts : 825
Join date : 2015-02-15
Age : 83
Location : Istanbul

Back to top Go down

Je suis Harambe! Empty Re: Je suis Harambe!

Post by TopHat24/7 on Mon 06 Jun 2016, 10:42 am

westisbest wrote:The parents of that kid being given a hard time, then what about the parents in japan who left their child in bear invested woods, because he was naughty.

wtf.

They being investigated for abuse charges too.

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 35
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Je suis Harambe! Empty Re: Je suis Harambe!

Post by Rowanbi on Mon 06 Jun 2016, 12:15 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
westisbest wrote:The parents of that kid being given a hard time, then what about the parents in japan who left their child in bear invested woods, because he was naughty.

wtf.

They being investigated for abuse charges too.

I should hope so thumbsup
Rowanbi
Rowanbi

Posts : 825
Join date : 2015-02-15
Age : 83
Location : Istanbul

Back to top Go down

Je suis Harambe! Empty Re: Je suis Harambe!

Post by Guest on Mon 06 Jun 2016, 1:21 pm

They should be dumped in the woods, be hilarious if they starved to death and he was smart enough to survive.

Of course, I'd let them all live if I knew the two women who beat their 2yr old so badly his heart ruptured were to be brutalized every single hour of every sing day of what remain of their useless f*cking lives.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Je suis Harambe! Empty Re: Je suis Harambe!

Post by westisbest on Mon 06 Jun 2016, 2:41 pm

Unbelievable how some babies/children are treated.

westisbest

Posts : 7105
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

Je suis Harambe! Empty Re: Je suis Harambe!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum