The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brock Turner

+7
aja424
SecretFly
TopHat24/7
dancingweeman
Mad for Chelsea
Ent
kingraf
11 posters

Go down

Brock Turner Empty Brock Turner

Post by kingraf Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:00 pm

So my facebook account was in an uproar this morning and probably last night as it seems Brock Turner was handed a six month sentence for(sexually?) assaulting a woman behind a tree or something? Seems the judge gave him a lighter sentence on account of anything heavier "ruining" his burgeoning swimming career.

Does anybody who has actually followed and kept up with this story got a more plausible reason for his sentence?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Brock Turner Empty Re: Brock Turner

Post by Ent Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:03 pm

His dad is rich and he had an expensive lawyer.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:21 pm

Also helps that he went to the same College - Stanford - as the judge...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by dancingweeman Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:25 pm

I'm sure people will have seen this, but the dad is trying to excuse what he's done as "20mins of action".

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jun/06/father-stanford-university-student-brock-turner-sexual-assault-statement

Not sure if anyones read the victims full statement she provided during the trial, but it makes for pretty tough reading, and makes Brocks dad come across as even more of a tool.

dancingweeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:32 pm

I read the statement, though TBH it took me several goes to get through it, was very very hard reading. The dad is a disgrace.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:43 pm

Ent wrote:His dad is rich and he had an expensive lawyer.

So absolutely no mitigating factors then? Horror miscarriage of justice then
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:38 pm

Yep. This is a tad old, more feminist American fbook friends of mine have been in uproar for a few days.

100% disgusting & inexcusable.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:01 pm

Her statement should be tattooed over every inch of his body. Incredible that she could speak so eloquently in front of that whole court and still find it in her to hope he can move on and make something of his life.

Hope he's brutalized in prison on a regular basis

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:56 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Yep. This is a tad old, more feminist American fbook friends of mine have been in uproar for a few days.

100% disgusting & inexcusable.

That's actually what made me just wonder about the case. Had a few of the more staunch feminists on my time line going beserk and I had it hard telling whether they were just on another all men are sexist pigs tirade.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:11 pm

It's obvious from his comment, if true, that the lack of respect for women comes straight down the line from pop.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:12 pm

A lot of the uproar is the 20, minutes of action line from the father. There aren't that many details of the trial available.

6 years was the maximum he could have got.

Even that seems lenient for having sex with an unconscious girl you've found in an alley.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:15 pm

Ent wrote:A lot of the uproar is the 20, minutes of action line from the father. There aren't that many details of the trial available.

6 years was the maximum he could have got.

Even that seems lenient for having sex with an unconscious girl you've found in an alley.

Thought 14 years was the maximum?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:18 pm

6 was what the prosecution requested sorry.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:30 pm

SecretFly wrote:It's obvious from his comment, if true, that the lack of respect for women comes straight down the line from pop.

I'd wager that, given his privileged position, the pr!ck has a lack of respect for a lot more than just women. Too bad the two guys who stumbled upon the scene didn't beat the living f*ck out of him there and then. Bet they wish they had now

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:46 pm

Not the same but it sort of parallels the Pistorius case: high profile male killing / raping lower profile woman.  Sentences too short (Pistorious was only given initially 12 months in prison then rest of sentence spent in uncles palatial residence under some sort of curfew), insensitive statements made by fathers, public outrage ...

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:47 am

Ruin his swimming career!!
Was impressed when he made a successful transition from wrestling to mma.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:48 am

DAVE667 wrote:
SecretFly wrote:It's obvious from his comment, if true, that the lack of respect for women comes straight down the line from pop.

I'd wager that, given his privileged position, the pr!ck has a lack of respect for a lot more than just women. Too bad the two guys who stumbled upon the scene didn't beat the living f*ck out of him there and then. Bet they wish they had now

Swedish exchange students.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:21 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Swedish exchange students.  
Are they noted for adopting a particularly passive stance when it comes to would-be r*pists?

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:25 pm

They stopped him and detained him (unconfirmed level of physical force). Which is what's important as nobody else did....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:27 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:They stopped him and detained him (unconfirmed level of physical force). Which is what's important as nobody else did....
I'd wager that had they used a "significant" amount of force, they'd also be in Court being sued by this ****, but I agree, all credit to them for stepping in...I still wish they beaten the f*ck out of him in the process.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:07 pm

The Swimming career which the judge tried to prevent from being ruined by a long jail term has been ruined by a life time ban from the US swimming association thingy majig
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:35 pm

Hopefully the judge will call him back in and extend his stay in prison now the swimming's gone down the sh!tter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:13 pm

kingraf wrote:The Swimming career which the judge tried to prevent from being ruined by a long jail term has been ruined by a life time ban from the US swimming association thingy majig
Seems reasonable: would you want a r***ist as a representative of your US swimming association ... In lane three representing the United State, is the r***ist Mr ...  Formally representing ones country is a privilege and not a right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:40 pm

Nore Staat wrote:
kingraf wrote:The Swimming career which the judge tried to prevent from being ruined by a long jail term has been ruined by a life time ban from the US swimming association thingy majig
Seems reasonable: would you want a r***ist as a representative of your US swimming association ... In lane three representing the United State, is the r***ist Mr ...  Formally representing ones country is a privilege and not a right.
Not to suggest that the Law is a(n) ass, but I'm inclined to believed that he'd have been in more trouble if he'd been caught with Meldonium in his system

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:05 pm

If you look at the tone around athletes (and cases involving them) it does seem as though people instinctively want to virtually always give them the old benefit of the doubt.

Street sleeper charged with killing man in vicious attack - incinerate him!
Banker charged with killing man in vicious attack - put him through a meat grinder!!!
Politician charged with killing man in vicious attack -  stampede a herd of cattle over him!!!!
Athlete charged with killing man in vicious attack - this might bring down his personal-best time this year!!!!  It's all a conspiracy to take his medals off him and ruin my childhood memories!!!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:24 pm

You just know that he'll end up swimming for Sokovia or something in four years
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:27 pm

SecretFly wrote:If you look at the tone around athletes (and cases involving them) it does seem as though people instinctively want to virtually always give them the old benefit of the doubt.

Street sleeper charged with killing man in vicious attack - incinerate him!
Banker charged with killing man in vicious attack - put him through a meat grinder!!!
Politician charged with killing man in vicious attack -  stampede a herd of cattle over him!!!!
Athlete charged with killing man in vicious attack - this might bring down his personal-best time this year!!!!  It's all a conspiracy to take his medals off him and ruin my childhood memories!!!

think ched evans and adam johnson would both disagree......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:57 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

Yeah. The public bite back... the pendulum shifts. People have tired of the medals and bedroom posters arguments. This Brock guy is another example. Though the judge still seems to be smitten by the alure.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:05 pm

SecretFly wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Yeah.  The public bite back... the pendulum shifts.  People have tired of the medals and bedroom posters arguments.  This Brock guy is another example.  Though the judge still seems to be smitten by the alure.
Maybe he looks cute in his speedos

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:39 am

Be even quicker to get his tackle out in his speedos, the dirty bastarb.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by jbeadlesbigrighthand Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:55 pm

The sentence is a disgrace.

How can anyone expect victims of sexual assault to come forward, putting themselves through so much additional trauma, when sentencing is so light?

And what possible relevance does his swimming career have to his sentence? He'll lose out on a career? So what?! He'll only have himself to blame. Why should justice be lenient towards the wealthy/ gifted? In fact, if a wealthy person loses their job, it likely hits them less hard, since they have more resources to fall back on and therefore more potential to rebuild their life. The existence of a two-tier justice system only encourages this sort of behaviour - especially in the US where even high-school sports stars are seen as important.

jbeadlesbigrighthand

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:20 am

Some people just need a kicking. I think this filthy little b*stard his b*stard father and the b*stard judge are 3 prime candidates.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:25 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3770282/FREE-Stanford-r***ist-Brock-Turner-released-California-jail-serving-just-THREE-MONTHS-raping-23-year-old-outside-frat-party.html

Piece of sh!t walks free.......

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:41 pm

I hope when he appeals the judge decides it's lenient and puts him back in for a long time Laugh Would be hilarious but well it's 'Murica so probably will win.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:01 pm

Wasn't convicted for r**e...Pulled off her before he could do anything that guaranteed a long stay..Was done for assault with intent which is a section 3 and lesser charge..Though still more meaty than 6 months..

He was kind of lucky because ...She didn't remember anything so her victim statement probably had less impact...The probation service recommended a short sentence..and he had been drinking too...

He also had a rich Daddy..

However he is high profile unlike other sex offenders so I imagine saying he's free is a bit of an over estimation...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down