The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leicester Tigers 2016/17 thread.

+46
HongKongCherry
yappysnap
LondonTiger
Sgt_Pooly
Welly
Ozzy3213
rosbif
propdavid_london
TightHEAD
carpet baboon
WELL-PAST-IT
Scottrf
SirBurger
geoff999rugby
jimbopip
cakeordeath
Geen sport voor watjes
BigGee
bsando
offload
TJ
Pot Hale
mid_gen
marty2086
Big
Artful_Dodger
Exiledinborders
SecretFly
doctor_grey
dragon4life
hugehandoff
Rugby Fan
whocares
stub
Heaf
eirebilly
George Carlin
screamingaddabs
maestegmafia
mikey_dragon
Geordie
DaveM
nathan
broadlandboy
lostinwales
BamBam
50 posters

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Go down

Leicester Tigers 2016/17 thread. - Page 21 Empty Leicester Tigers 2016/17 thread.

Post by Welly Fri 10 Jun 2016, 12:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

2016/17:
Director of Rugby: Richard Cockerill
Head Coach: Aaron Mauger
Assistant Backs Coach: Geordan Murphy
Assistant Forward Coach: Richard Blaze
Defence and Scrum Half Coach: Scott Hansen
Head of Rugby Operations: Ged Glynn
Team manager: Matt Cornwall

2016/17 Senior Squad: (Confirmed So Far) (Blue = EQP)
Hookers: Bateman, McGuigan, Thacker, Youngs
Props: Ayerza, Balmain, Brugnara Cilliers, Cole, Genge, Mulipola, Rizzo
Locks: Barrow, Fitzgerald, Kitchener, Slater
Back Row: Croft, Fonua, Hamilton McCaffrey, O'Connor, Williams
Scrum Half: Harrison, Kitto, Youngs
Fly Half: Burns, Williams
Centre: Catchpole, Roberts, Smith, Toomua, Tuilagi
Back 3: Betham, Brady, Pieterson, Tait, Thompstone, Veainu
Squad number: 37, EQP: 24, Academy products: 8

Transfers
IN: (7)
McGuigan (Newcastle Falcons), Cilliers (Montpelier), Genge (Bristol), Hamilton (Agen), Toomua (ACT Brumbies). JP Pieterson (Sharks), Brady (Sale)

OUT: (12)
Ghiraldini (Toulouse), Pasquali (Treviso), De Chaves (London Irish), Crane (Bristol), Pearce (Sale), Bell (London Irish), Baikeinuku (retirement), De Villiers (Retirement), Benjamin (retirement), Morris (N/A), Camacho (N/A), Goneva (Newcastle Falcons)

Not Sure: (No official confirmation of leaving or Staying) 3
Aguero, Sio Loamanu,

Rumours:
Harry Wells (Bedford) Lock/6

2016/17 Development Squad: (15)
Bryant, Evans, Hills, Lewis, Mahoney, Maksymiw, J.Olowofela, R. Olowofela, Owen, Simmons, Thacker, Tuilagi, White, Worth, Yawayawa

Transfer
IN: (7)
Lewis, Mahoney, J.Olowofela, R. Olowofela, Simmons, White, Yawayawa

OUT: 11
Odogwu (sale), Beckett (Glous), Povoas (Coventry), Tresidder (Rotherham Titans), Douglas, Farnworth, Galletly, Hogan, Murrin, Nairn, Priestley-Nangle.

Academy
Academy Head Coach/forwards Coach: Brett Deacon
Academy Backs Coach: Anthony Allen

Last edited by Welly on Wed 29 Jun 2016, 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Welly

Back to top Go down

Leicester Tigers 2016/17 thread. - Page 21 Empty Re: Leicester Tigers 2016/17 thread.

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 19 May 2017, 12:08 pm

Wasps 23 
15. Kurtley Beale 
14. Christian Wade 
13. Elliot Daly 
12. Jimmy Gopperth 
11. Willie Le Roux 
10. Danny Cipriani 
9. Joe Simpson 
1. Matt Mullan 
2. Ashley Johnson 
3. Phil Swainston 
4. Joe Launchbury (c) 
5. Matt Symons 
6. James Haskell 
7. Thomas Young 
8. Nathan Hughes 

16. Tommy Taylor 
17. Simon McIntyre 
18. Marty Moore 
19. James Gaskell 
20. Guy Thompson 
21. Dan Robson 
22. Alapati Leiua 
23. Josh Bassett

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Leicester Tigers 2016/17 thread. - Page 21 Empty Re: Leicester Tigers 2016/17 thread.

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 19 May 2017, 12:10 pm

Hopefully we can control the set pieces and some territory and possession so that Wasps don't reach 50 and we don't end up with zero. If we can get a five metre scrum we might even see them down to 14 and us with a PT.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 19 May 2017, 12:21 pm

F***, w***, b******s

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Tue 23 May 2017, 3:15 pm

http://www.scottishrugby.org/news/17/05/23/latest-intake-top-young-talent-confirmed

Sam Yawayawa ---> Scottish academy contract at Glasgow Warriors

A shame as he's a talented player that I hoped to see break into the senior squad. If he wants to play international rugby then it's an understandable route though.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 23 May 2017, 3:57 pm

Don't blame him. We didn't give him a sniff. Hamish Watson went on a similar route (Scottish 7s) and on to Edinburgh and go more game time then we offered him. We don't seem to like giving a go to our academy wingers, Catchpole we converted from centre but Lewington, Odogwu and Yawayawa have all moved on without really getting a chance in the shirt. I suppose you could add Hurrell to that list as well though there were other complications. 

I understand that the Tigers players were less than pleased by the performance of Mr Carley at the weekend and the tape review at Oval Park was not a calm affair.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Tue 23 May 2017, 4:24 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:Don't blame him. We didn't give him a sniff. Hamish Watson went on a similar route (Scottish 7s) and on to Edinburgh and go more game time then we offered him. We don't seem to like giving a go to our academy wingers, Catchpole we converted from centre but Lewington, Odogwu and Yawayawa have all moved on without really getting a chance in the shirt. I suppose you could add Hurrell to that list as well though there were other complications. 

Erm Watson and Yawyawa both had pretty good links with Scotland before moving to Leicester Academy.

Watson was always going to move to Scotland nothing about game time offered.  
Yawayawa is only 18/19 England have about 6/7 really good wingers under 25 already, he played for Scotland U16 they approached him again and he took it.

In the end Scotland recently are really upping there game at trying to capture SQP early now esp with the Scottish link.

when you look at tries scored for nottingham he is behind Thacker and Worth.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 23 May 2017, 6:21 pm

Welly wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:Don't blame him. We didn't give him a sniff. Hamish Watson went on a similar route (Scottish 7s) and on to Edinburgh and go more game time then we offered him. We don't seem to like giving a go to our academy wingers, Catchpole we converted from centre but Lewington, Odogwu and Yawayawa have all moved on without really getting a chance in the shirt. I suppose you could add Hurrell to that list as well though there were other complications. 

Erm Watson and Yawyawa both had pretty good links with Scotland before moving to Leicester Academy.

Watson was always going to move to Scotland nothing about game time offered.  
Yawayawa is only 18/19 England have about 6/7 really good wingers under 25 already, he played for Scotland U16 they approached him again and he took it.

In the end Scotland recently are really upping there game at trying to capture SQP early now esp with the Scottish link.

when you look at tries scored for nottingham he is behind Thacker and Worth.

I'm not saying we should have given him more game time just that it's a logical step for him if he's unlikely to get a look in with us. Cockers may have dropped some hints as well.

I had hoped he or Odogwu would have come through and offered us some genuine pace out wide. Hopefully Holmes will do that job instead.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Tue 23 May 2017, 6:41 pm

TBh you gave the impression that you thought we should of offered him more game time.

Doubt Cockers was involved Yawayawa played for Scotland U16's and Glasgow i think before moving to Leicester so has prob stayed on there radar and after the age groups snub this year prob felt it was the best move.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 23 May 2017, 7:57 pm

Welly wrote: TBh you gave the impression that you thought we should of offered him more game time.

Doubt Cockers was involved Yawayawa played for Scotland U16's and Glasgow i think before moving to Leicester so has prob stayed on there radar and after the age groups snub this year prob felt it was the best move.

If he'd lit up the Championship on loan at Notts the way Lewington did I'd be desperate for him to have been given a chance. I just find it odd we can't bring a winger through to the first team. In theory it should be one of the easiest positions to fill.

I can't see the twins in the development team coming up from the little I've seen of them they don't have the skill set but are good athletes. There's the youngster with the double barrelled name who England Athletics have wanted to pinch, I've only seen the much viewed highlight reel of him. Hopefully he can step up but that won't be for a season or three.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Thu 08 Jun 2017, 8:16 pm

http://www.radionz.co.nz/international/pacific-news/332562/sport-seven-new-caps-in-tongan-rugby-squad

Interesting that Mapapalangi is listed as a Tiger there. Will that be research by site publishing the squad or have come from the Tonga squad announcement I wonder...

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Thu 08 Jun 2017, 8:19 pm

Also interesting the note that TV and Kalamafoni weren't considered for selection due to injury.

Kalamafoni has been out for a long while so is unsurprising. It's a shame for TV to still be struggling with injury after having a few knocks throughout the season.

Hopefully a full pre-season does both some good.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 08 Jun 2017, 8:28 pm

Ideal for us really. Kalamafoni and TV get a full summer of rest, rehab and fitness. The younger guy gets game time and should be ready to hit preseason running. Be good to see some big Tongan lads as options in the backrow. TV wasn't 100% in the semi final so he definitely needs the rest.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Mon 12 Jun 2017, 9:42 pm

Great to see the hotel plans coming along, will hopefully provide a long term income for the club.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/leicester-tigers-unveil-images-and-plans-for-22m-hotel-complex/story-30381378-detail/story.html

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 15 Jun 2017, 8:59 pm

nathan wrote:Great to see the hotel plans coming along, will hopefully provide a long term income for the club.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/leicester-tigers-unveil-images-and-plans-for-22m-hotel-complex/story-30381378-detail/story.html

I don't think the club had a great deal of choice to be honest. I've heard rumours that they've had to sell/pass the land which was intended for the new training complex. Hopefully the hotel can be leased out and we can use it to subsidise the club to a small extent (we've got to pay for the land and building as well as the finance costs on the loan).

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Thu 15 Jun 2017, 10:15 pm

The hotel is already being leased out.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21