The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lomachenko: Best Fighter In The World?

+2
3fingers
hazharrison
6 posters

Go down

Lomachenko: Best Fighter In The World? Empty Lomachenko: Best Fighter In The World?

Post by hazharrison Mon 13 Jun 2016, 7:30 am

Lomachenko was outstanding this past weekend - showing tremendous hand speed and footwork in posting a KO of the Year candidate over Rocky Martinez.

He already looks the best technician in the game, save for perhaps Ward (with a shout out to Bud Crawford). I'm

Salido looks to be next. Let's hope they can make the Walters fight, too.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Lomachenko: Best Fighter In The World? Empty Re: Lomachenko: Best Fighter In The World?

Post by 3fingers Mon 13 Jun 2016, 9:12 am

Best technicians are Lomon and Rigo. Lomo has the more all round pro game.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Lomachenko: Best Fighter In The World? Empty Re: Lomachenko: Best Fighter In The World?

Post by milkyboy Mon 13 Jun 2016, 9:36 am

There's a lot to admire about lomo, You have to love his attitude, confidence. He didn't squeal about the Salido defeat and took a very tough fight in his next contest.

I was actually a little underwhelmed by him (in context I mean relative to the hype) in his first few fights, he was easier to hit than I expected and got roughed up by salido. But hey, he was in at the deepend, and learning on the hoof.

There's nothing showy about him he's just an excellent all round fighter, but I'm reserving judgement on just how good he is until I see him in with the other big names in and around his weight class.

Didn't see the Martinez fight, just the KO. Heard he looked great, but not exactly un-expected against a brave but limited opponent.

Best in the world? Maybe. Too early to say for me.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 13 Jun 2016, 9:59 am

I think he is. His movement is unbelievable. Also his variety of shots look effortless. Love watching him box.

Great textbook fighter.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 13 Jun 2016, 10:15 am

milkyboy wrote:There's a lot to admire about lomo, You have to love his attitude, confidence. He didn't squeal about the Salido defeat and took a very tough fight in his next contest.

I was actually a little underwhelmed by him (in context I mean relative to the hype) in his first few fights, he was easier to hit than I expected and got roughed up by salido. But hey, he was in at the deepend, and learning on the hoof.

There's nothing showy about him he's just an excellent all round fighter, but I'm reserving judgement on just how good he is until I see him in with the other big names in and around his weight class.

Didn't see the Martinez fight, just the KO. Heard he looked great, but not exactly un-expected against a brave but limited opponent.

Best in the world? Maybe. Too early to say for me.

He's improved hugely in a short space of time. Some of the moves he was pulling were pretty startling and the way he set up the KO was the type of thing you associate with the greats.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Mon 13 Jun 2016, 1:25 pm

love stories like this. real rare talent.
2 world belts to add to his 2 olympic golds.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 13 Jun 2016, 2:10 pm

He got roughed up by Salido but was cheated by the ref. Salido was a disgrace and could/should have had at least a couple of points deducted. Arguably the whole fight should have been called off given Salido's attitude to the weight limit.

Loma has said he wants the rematch, hopefully he knocks Salido's teeth out.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 13 Jun 2016, 3:54 pm

We'll strike it from the record then toppy. Like froch's loss to Kessler which doesn't count because he won the return.

Losing to Salido was I'm sure a great learning curve for him. He adapted to it and finished strong. He took the result like a man and didn't bleat... Unlike some of his disciples;)

I've no doubt he'll win a return.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 13 Jun 2016, 5:01 pm

Not saying strike it. At all.

It's still a tastement to him in my opinion, a loss that adds to a record.

The best bit is it means he'll never be there trying to protect his '0', which didn't ever look likely based on his attitude to date anyway.

He's like Rigo with some added offence, risk appetite and ambition.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 14 Jun 2016, 1:15 pm

Lomachenko looks like "the one" when you're looking for a new superstar to take the sport on.

Gonzalez is the world's best fighter, with Ward looking to make a statement against Kovalev later in the year. Golovkin is a wrecking ball but none of them have the all-round game Lomachenko has (Ward can do it all but isn't as dynamic).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 14 Jun 2016, 4:11 pm

hazharrison wrote:Lomachenko looks like "the one" when you're looking for a new superstar to take the sport on.

Gonzalez is the world's best fighter, with Ward looking to make a statement against Kovalev later in the year. Golovkin is a wrecking ball but none of them have the all-round game Lomachenko has (Ward can do it all but isn't as dynamic).

Plus I would prefer to watch Loma, over Ward any day.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 14 Jun 2016, 4:12 pm

Hell, I'd even prefer to watch Rigo over Ward!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 14 Jun 2016, 4:13 pm

Or Mayweather. Ward is a great fighter, but most of his fights aren't very watchable.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down