The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heart and Head

+4
Derbymanc
TopHat24/7
AdamT
rover and under
8 posters

Go down

Heart and Head Empty Heart and Head

Post by rover and under Thu 16 Jun 2016, 12:48 pm

So the future of heavyweight boxing is a certain mr AJ Anthony Joshua.

I like i'm guessing a lot of you really like the guy - yes frustrated at the mismatches but as we all know it's a cash game and still very early doors for him in the career of a heavyweight.

He's ko'ing people left, right and centre but I can't help but think when i'm watching him that he is Bruno mark 2. It's the same car with a few upgrades and yet still the same faults. Sure AJ is faster and personally i also believe the bigger and stronger puncher. I also think he's got more of a mood for a tear up than old Frank had bless him but the faults are still there. Stiffness. Just watching Joshua on Top Gear at the weekend - the guy can't move his neck - he looks stiff in the ring and looks stiff when doing normal stuff on film. It gives me the impression that when someone does clip him sufficiently he's just going to stiffen up like old frank and be a sitting duck. What are your thoughts?

The good thing about AJ is that if he had Tyson in the situation Frank did he wouldn't be standing back thinking 'how the hell have I actually managed to pull this off' but he WILL go for the kill...

rover and under

Back to top Go down

Heart and Head Empty Re: Heart and Head

Post by AdamT Thu 16 Jun 2016, 12:55 pm

Being as good as Bruno is good enough to rule. Certainly if he is an upgrade, he will have no trouble ruling the current era.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jun 2016, 10:06 pm

In the current division he looks like world beater.

IF there was a Lennox Lewis around AJ would be beaten handily.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jun 2016, 10:07 pm

I find it difficult to warm to him. Comes across as trying too hard to be nice and I get the feeling there's a real nasty streak behind the Hearn managed PR.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jun 2016, 10:09 pm

Agree about the stiffness too. When Whyte rocked him, his instinct was to fight fire with fire, against a more canny opponent that coulda been disasterous. But I gues he was very green at the time.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 17 Jun 2016, 9:55 am

emancipator? Jeeeesus....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 17 Jun 2016, 10:09 am

He looks okay and think your wrong about the Whyte fight E.M (although it's good not to have the same opinions all the time).

Thought he showed a bit of boxing nuance (is that a word?) to ride out the storm and come on strong. Problem i have now is that he's a world champ so should be itching to fight the best (Fury, Wlad, Wilder) not pulling the 'i still need learning fights' excuse

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 17 Jun 2016, 1:35 pm

Nous maybe derby.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jun 2016, 1:52 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:emancipator? Jeeeesus....

The one and only,

at your service.

All things possible, at a price of course.

ghost

emancipator

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sat 18 Jun 2016, 10:07 am

Ha ha, that's the one SB, i did put that first but thought it was wrong (considering i write stuff i'm pants with a lot of words)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Sun 19 Jun 2016, 5:40 am

I think it's only fair to compare them at similar points in their career. The Steward version of Lewis would beat AJ right now, however at the same point in their career (17th fight) Lewis was fighting Glenn McCrory
I reckon AJ would dispatch Glen with ease. Cant compare later Lewis to current AJ. He's got a lot of maturing to do

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Fri 24 Jun 2016, 5:53 pm

emancipator wrote:I find it difficult to warm to him. Comes across as trying too hard to be nice and I get the feeling there's a real nasty streak behind the Hearn managed PR.

I didn't know what to think of him till I bumped into him in a lift this year. Not literally, we just shared the same lift although he filled it and made me feel small at 6 ft 3. The man is a beast. I do a bit of boxing and i'm 16 stone (not all muscle..., ok, hardly any muscle) but i couldn't imagine facing him.

He couldn't have been nicer, happy to chat. Been a fan since.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Sat 25 Jun 2016, 3:08 pm

Still a long road ahead of him. He's been ticking the boxes and looked impressive. Really believe he can rule for many years.

He's got explosive power and gets the KO, so is fun to watch. Tougher tests await but I'm enjoying the ride.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jun 2016, 4:30 pm

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake wrote:

I think it's only fair to compare them at similar points in their career. The Steward version of Lewis would beat AJ right now, however at the same point in their career (17th fight) Lewis was fighting Glenn McCrory
I reckon AJ would dispatch Glen with ease. Cant compare later Lewis to current AJ. He's got a lot of maturing to do

yeah, fair point.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down