Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by LordDowlais on Mon 27 Jun 2016, 11:29 am

I was reading the following article on Friday:-

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/leigh-halfpenny-could-set-sensational-11518932

And this bit got me intrigued:-


"The WRU has an extra £500,000 to spend on National Dual Contracts after agreeing to increase the pot with the regions, and it’s understood the prolific points-scorer is a prime target."

I cannot find any other news of this elsewhere, and I am surprised nobody has alluded to it on here, especially the way Phil goes on about funding and paying the right prices for players. So we could see some activity with more Welsh players coming back over the summer, or keeping players here for longer.

Does anybody else know of this news ?

LordDowlais

Posts : 10142
Join date : 2011-05-18
Age : 39
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by PhilBB on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 12:57 pm

Martyn Phillips gave a massive interview to Wales Online last week and the extra £500,000 was mentioned.

PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by LordDowlais on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 3:51 pm

So the WRU are stumping up more cash ?

You must be happy about this then Phil, surely ?

No excuses next season then. thumbsup

LordDowlais

Posts : 10142
Join date : 2011-05-18
Age : 39
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by RiscaGame on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 4:01 pm

Are you going to be around to see if there are any excuses then Dowellais? The way you've been bellyaching recently, I assumed you'd be off.

RiscaGame

Posts : 1013
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by LordDowlais on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 4:04 pm

RiscaGame wrote:The way you've been bellyaching recently

I haven't been on here recently. Not on the rugby boards anyway. So I do not know what you are on about.

As I said no more excuses next season. Although, the regionalists on here will still find somebody to blame. Probably the EU referendum, or the WRU.

LordDowlais

Posts : 10142
Join date : 2011-05-18
Age : 39
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by PhilBB on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 4:16 pm

LordDowlais wrote:So the WRU are stumping up more cash ?

You must be happy about this then Phil, surely ?

No excuses next season then. thumbsup

More is good, but its not enough. And it's not as much as the IRFU are spending despite spending more to start with.

PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by LordDowlais on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 4:19 pm

The only team to have lost an influential player in the off season is Dragons. So perhaps they could be afforded a little leeway. But the others have all kept their best players and have/are strengthened/strengthening.

So, lets see how it goes.Very Happy

LordDowlais

Posts : 10142
Join date : 2011-05-18
Age : 39
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by PhilBB on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 4:21 pm

LordDowlais wrote:The only team to have lost an influential player in the off season is Dragons. So perhaps they could be afforded a little leeway. But the others have all kept their best players and have/are strengthened/strengthening.

So, lets see how it goes.Very Happy  

Aren't their competitors also strengthening?

PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by LordDowlais on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 4:27 pm

PhilBB wrote:Aren't their competitors also strengthening?

I haven't seen any news of major signings for the other teams in our league. The biggest movers and shakers are the regions. They seem to be bringing a lot of Welsh talent back home. Especially Scarlets.

LordDowlais

Posts : 10142
Join date : 2011-05-18
Age : 39
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by PhilBB on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 4:35 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
I haven't seen any news of major signings for the other teams in our league. The biggest movers and shakers are the regions. They seem to be bringing a lot of Welsh talent back home. Especially Scarlets.

Really?

Charles Piutau and Marcel Coetzee?



PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by LordDowlais on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 4:40 pm

PhilBB wrote:Charles Piutau and Marcel Coetzee?

Is Piutau still going to Ulster ? I thought there was talk of that move collapsing. Also, Coetzee has had a nasty injury, I do not how that is going to affect his move. Ulster were looking for a replacement for him but the IRFU refused it.

But whilst I agree they are good signings for Ulster, it's not whole sale like the regions are doing, also, what are the other teams doing ? I have not heard any news of signings for them. I would gladly be educated on it though. OK

LordDowlais

Posts : 10142
Join date : 2011-05-18
Age : 39
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by Munchkin on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 4:41 pm

Piutau is already in Ulster. Coetzee wont be fit to play until around December, I think?

Ulster are the new Toulon Cool

Munchkin

Posts : 6650
Join date : 2012-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by Kingshu on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 8:08 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_2016–17_Pro12_transfers

Looking at it, the Italians appears to have strengthened,
Benetton Treviso have added the likes of Tito Tebaldi, Marty Banks, Tommaso Allan, among others, while it appears they haven't lost any one they wished to keep
Zebre as well

Hopefully there isn't a gap between the bottom 3 and the rest of the table this year.



Ulster have strengthened, we haven't lost anyone we wanted to keep and have added quality players




Kingshu

Posts : 3119
Join date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by RiscaGame on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 9:17 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
RiscaGame wrote:The way you've been bellyaching recently

I haven't been on here recently. Not on the rugby boards anyway. So I do not know what you are on about.

As I said no more excuses next season. Although, the regionalists on here will still find somebody to blame. Probably the EU referendum, or the WRU.

You were only moaning a week ago about these boards. How is that not recent?

RiscaGame

Posts : 1013
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by profitius on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 10:20 pm

Kingshu wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_2016–17_Pro12_transfers

Looking at it, the Italians appears to have strengthened,
Benetton Treviso have added the likes of  Tito Tebaldi, Marty Banks, Tommaso Allan, among others, while it appears they haven't lost any one they wished to keep
Zebre as well

Hopefully there isn't a gap between the bottom 3 and the rest of the table this year.

Ulster have strengthened, we haven't lost anyone we wanted to keep and have added quality players


Some major signings from Treviso there! They'll be a lot stronger next season. Good to see.

profitius

Posts : 3520
Join date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by marty2086 on Wed 29 Jun 2016, 1:58 pm

PhilBB wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
I haven't seen any news of major signings for the other teams in our league. The biggest movers and shakers are the regions. They seem to be bringing a lot of Welsh talent back home. Especially Scarlets.

Really?

Charles Piutau and Marcel Coetzee?



Piutau signing at least is down to the injection of cash from the Kingspan deal, so a union run team finding private capital yet you want private clubs chasing union funds Rolling Eyes

marty2086

Posts : 4857
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 30
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by ScarletSpiderman on Wed 29 Jun 2016, 2:53 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
PhilBB wrote:Aren't their competitors also strengthening?

I haven't seen any news of major signings for the other teams in our league. The biggest movers and shakers are the regions. They seem to be bringing a lot of Welsh talent back home. Especially Scarlets.

Our signings this season have been pretty even spread of bringing home, poaching, and overseas. Returing 'home' are Jon Davies (Clermont), and Jon Evans (Bath). We have poached Patchell and Richard Smith (both Cardiff Blues). And signed overseas players in McNichol (Crusaders, time serving), Werner Kruger (Bulls, NWQ), Rynier Bernardo (Ospreys, 1 year left time serving), & Tadgh Beirne (Leinster, NWQ). It is strengthening the squad, but then when you consider the players we have seen leave this season, I would say with the exception of Foxy replacing King, Patch replacing Shingler, and Jonny McNichol replacing Tagi, we have more or less brought in like for like. So if we are one of the biggest movers and shakers for brining in talent then I am a bit worried that the rest must be moving backwards.

ScarletSpiderman

Posts : 9423
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 32
Location : Pembs

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by ScarletSpiderman on Wed 29 Jun 2016, 2:55 pm

profitius wrote:
Kingshu wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_2016–17_Pro12_transfers

Looking at it, the Italians appears to have strengthened,
Benetton Treviso have added the likes of  Tito Tebaldi, Marty Banks, Tommaso Allan, among others, while it appears they haven't lost any one they wished to keep
Zebre as well

Hopefully there isn't a gap between the bottom 3 and the rest of the table this year.

Ulster have strengthened, we haven't lost anyone we wanted to keep and have added quality players


Some major signings from Treviso there! They'll be a lot stronger next season. Good to see.

Its good to see with a bit more certainty surrounding their futures, they have made some good signings. Hopefully they will leave last years blip behind and get back to where they were when they were pushing for a top 6 place.

ScarletSpiderman

Posts : 9423
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 32
Location : Pembs

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by LordDowlais on Wed 29 Jun 2016, 4:26 pm

SS, Scarlets have made the most significant signings of all the regions in my opinion. Rhys Patchell, Jonathan Davies, Richard Smith (who I think is massively underrated), Jon Evans, along with your oversees/NWQ signings you have massively improved squad for next season, I hope you do not go win-less in Europe this season.

LordDowlais

Posts : 10142
Join date : 2011-05-18
Age : 39
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by Dai Llewod on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 9:32 am

LordDowlais wrote:SS, Scarlets have made the most significant signings of all the regions in my opinion. Rhys Patchell, Jonathan Davies, Richard Smith (who I think is massively underrated), Jon Evans, along with your oversees/NWQ signings you have massively improved squad for next season, I hope you do not go win-less in Europe this season.

But they've lost:

Kirby Myhill
Regan King
George Earle
Rhodri Williams
Steve Shingler
Michael Tagicakibau
Rhodri Jones
Jordan Williams
Maselino Paulinho
Phil John
Michael Collins

That is alot of squad depth, Yet you don't factor that into your assumption that they should do alot better next season. Odd logic.

Dai Llewod

Posts : 218
Join date : 2016-06-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by LordDowlais on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 9:34 am

Dai, most of those players are not great loses, otherwise they would have kept them. They have upgraded on most of those players.

LordDowlais

Posts : 10142
Join date : 2011-05-18
Age : 39
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by Dai Llewod on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 9:35 am

LordDowlais wrote:Dai, most of those players are not great loses, otherwise they would have kept them. They have upgraded on most of those players.

Which ones of those have they upgraded?

Dai Llewod

Posts : 218
Join date : 2016-06-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by LordDowlais on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 9:40 am

Dai Llewod wrote:Which ones of those have they upgraded?

Quickly I would say:-

Steve Shingler
Regan King

When I get five minutes I will go through them all for you.

LordDowlais

Posts : 10142
Join date : 2011-05-18
Age : 39
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by Dai Llewod on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 9:45 am

LordDowlais wrote:
Dai Llewod wrote:Which ones of those have they upgraded?

Quickly I would say:-

Steve Shingler
Regan King

When I get five minutes I will go through them all for you.

Thanks

Dai Llewod

Posts : 218
Join date : 2016-06-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by PhilBB on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 9:50 am

If you look at the bare first XV of our top three teams then you will find quality players. What you will struggle to find, in many positions, is the quality of back up should a front liner be injured, or should a boost be needed from the bench.

That's the problem in Welsh rugby - the depth.

And, of course, depth requires money.

PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by LordDowlais on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 10:31 am

PhilBB wrote:That's the problem in Welsh rugby - the depth.And, of course, depth requires money.

Well the blazers at the regions need to get off their collective behinds and start finding more ways to get this extra money that is needed.

LordDowlais

Posts : 10142
Join date : 2011-05-18
Age : 39
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by RiscaGame on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 11:06 am

Maybe they could get a bloke with a carpet business to invest? Providing he actually chooses one region to back, of course.

RiscaGame

Posts : 1013
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by LordDowlais on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 11:15 am

RiscaGame wrote:Maybe they could get a bloke with a carpet business to invest?

At least with my business I make no excuses for underachieving and I do not expect hand outs off other sources. If I want to make extra money I go and earn it, just like my business is not just carpets, I sell furniture and beds also. We also manufacture and whole sale rugs for well known retailers across the UK, I work hard for what I want. Perhaps our regions could take a leaf out of my family's book.

If for one week my takings are less than the previous week, I do not go looking for excuses.

LordDowlais

Posts : 10142
Join date : 2011-05-18
Age : 39
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by RiscaGame on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 11:41 am

Christ, you're a hoot.

RiscaGame

Posts : 1013
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by LordDowlais on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 11:48 am

RiscaGame wrote:Christ, you're a hoot.

Yep. I am. We have also taken over the company that supplies stair rods and clips to all the carpet retailers in the UK. I actually go and work hard for any extra business. I do not go cap in hand to others. OK

LordDowlais

Posts : 10142
Join date : 2011-05-18
Age : 39
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by BamBam on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 11:53 am

I'm surprised the head of a conglomerate has the time to spend on here

Wonder if Richard Branson is on here too?

BamBam

Posts : 9612
Join date : 2011-03-17
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by LordDowlais on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 11:55 am

BamBam wrote:I'm surprised the head of a conglomerate has the time to spend on here

Wonder if Richard Branson is on here too?

I do have people working for me. I do not have a dog and bark myself. If you would like I can PM you my company name and you can check it out.

LordDowlais

Posts : 10142
Join date : 2011-05-18
Age : 39
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by gcBlues on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 12:00 pm

For someone who used to enjoy going to regions to watch the games, you've sure changed your tune in to a very anti-pro rugby poster.

gcBlues

Posts : 1480
Join date : 2011-03-04
Location : Cardiff

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by LordDowlais on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 12:07 pm

gcBlues wrote:For someone who used to enjoy going to regions to watch the games, you've sure changed your tune in to a very anti-pro rugby poster.

gcBlues, I am not so much anti-pro rugby, more fed up of sub standard rugby, then having to hear excuses as to why we are so poor. The regions went to war with the WRU, I was fully in support of it, I wanted Rodger Lewis out.

But now that all that has happened, and the regions came out on top, they are worst than ever, yet all I am hearing is it's because the WRU are still screwing them over, FFS, do they not take ANY responsibility ?

I then come on here and give my opinion and I am attacked left right and center for having the bold brass to have an opinion about it on here. Not only am I attacked, I am mocked, insulted, get called names, can you see why it goes the way it does ?


LordDowlais

Posts : 10142
Join date : 2011-05-18
Age : 39
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by mikey_dragon on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 12:21 pm

They aren't excuses though, they're perfectly valid reasons - it will take a while to improve and readjust. As for you being mocked, well we've been over that with everyone like a million times so I feel you're just setting yourself up to be mocked again with that comment.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 4944
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by LordDowlais on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 12:23 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:They aren't excuses though, they're perfectly valid reasons

So the regions are faultless then ?

What have they done to try and increase their revenue streams ?


LordDowlais

Posts : 10142
Join date : 2011-05-18
Age : 39
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by gcBlues on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 12:27 pm

To be fair, they may have 'come out on top' but they are still operating under an agreement which was drawn up by lewis.  I guess success comes with cost and until they have the sufficient income generating abilities to sustain high level of funding, they'll always be middle of the road.

Negotiating their own tv deal would be a good idea for them to look at.

gcBlues

Posts : 1480
Join date : 2011-03-04
Location : Cardiff

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by gcBlues on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 12:28 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:They aren't excuses though, they're perfectly valid reasons

So the regions are faultless then ?

What have they done to try and increase their revenue streams ?


The deal with BT on the shirts and branding CAP is one way. As I posted above, tv income would be another.

gcBlues

Posts : 1480
Join date : 2011-03-04
Location : Cardiff

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by LordDowlais on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 12:33 pm

gcBlues wrote:Negotiating their own tv deal would be a good idea for them to look at.

That would be a start. But they should really be fighting tooth and nail to get the next generation of fans through their turn styles. Despite what people on here would say, they need to be trying to drum up support from the four corners of their "region". I know they do a bit now, but it obviously is not enough.

I know it is a bit of a stretch, but why don't the regions do things like give half price entry if a person can produce a ticket from their local team that they payed to go and see, or run free buses within their catchment/pathway area to the Arms park from other rugby clubs.

Do you honestly think they are working to their up most capabilities on this front ?

LordDowlais

Posts : 10142
Join date : 2011-05-18
Age : 39
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by mikey_dragon on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 12:36 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:They aren't excuses though, they're perfectly valid reasons

So the regions are faultless then ?

What have they done to try and increase their revenue streams ?

But LD that's NOT what I have said so I don't know why you're asking questions that have long been answered by PhilBB and others.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 4944
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by Dai Llewod on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 12:48 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

When I get five minutes I will go through them all for you.

Any chance?

Dai Llewod

Posts : 218
Join date : 2016-06-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by Dai Llewod on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 12:52 pm

LordDowlais wrote: I know they do a bit now, but it obviously is not enough.

How do you know it is not enough? How do you know that they are not operating at optimum levels of buy in as it stands?

The bread and butter product is rubbish, they are bereft of their best players for half the season, the majority of the matches have little to zero away fans and they are left to try and sell an unsellable product with ludicrous spread of kick off times. So how do you know there are thousands of kids and families waiting to be enticed in to regional grounds? This could be it. This could be the maximum they will get under the current restrictions of the "product" that is placed on them.

Dai Llewod

Posts : 218
Join date : 2016-06-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by gcBlues on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 12:54 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
gcBlues wrote:Negotiating their own tv deal would be a good idea for them to look at.

That would be a start. But they should really be fighting tooth and nail to get the next generation of fans through their turn styles. Despite what people on here would say, they need to be trying to drum up support from the four corners of their "region". I know they do a bit now, but it obviously is not enough.

I know it is a bit of a stretch, but why don't the regions do things like give half price entry if a person can produce a ticket from their local team that they payed to go and see, or run free buses within their catchment/pathway area to the Arms park from other rugby clubs.

Do you honestly think they are working to their up most capabilities on this front ?

Pretty sure Cardiff has a 'club day' where ticket prices are reduced. They also done the kids for a quid offer as well as a ladies day.

gcBlues

Posts : 1480
Join date : 2011-03-04
Location : Cardiff

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by mikey_dragon on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 1:19 pm

I'm really getting a sense of deja vu here.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 4944
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by PhilBB on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 1:59 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Well the blazers at the regions need to get off their collective behinds and start finding more ways to get this extra money that is needed.

Give us your ideas on what's possible.

PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by PhilBB on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 2:02 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
gcBlues wrote:For someone who used to enjoy going to regions to watch the games, you've sure changed your tune in to a very anti-pro rugby poster.

gcBlues, I am not so much anti-pro rugby, more fed up of sub standard rugby, then having to hear excuses as to why we are so poor. The regions went to war with the WRU, I was fully in support of it, I wanted Rodger Lewis out.

But now that all that has happened, and the regions came out on top, they are worst than ever, yet all I am hearing is it's because the WRU are still screwing them over, FFS, do they not take ANY responsibility ?

I then come on here and give my opinion and I am attacked left right and center for having the bold brass to have an opinion about it on here. Not only am I attacked, I am mocked, insulted, get called names, can you see why it goes the way it does ?


You're not attacked.

What is attacked is your opinion, as it's baseless much of the time.

Please, leave the victim complex at the door of the shop.

PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by PhilBB on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 2:03 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
I know it is a bit of a stretch, but why don't the regions do things like give half price entry if a person can produce a ticket from their local team that they payed to go and see, or run free buses within their catchment/pathway area to the Arms park from other rugby clubs.


Cardiff tried both of those.

Both failed.

Next idea?

PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by LordDowlais on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 3:18 pm

PhilBB wrote:Cardiff tried both of those.

I cannot remember seeing free buses from Merthyr RFC. Headscratch

LordDowlais

Posts : 10142
Join date : 2011-05-18
Age : 39
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by ScarletSpiderman on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 3:35 pm

Dai Llewod wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

When I get five minutes I will go through them all for you.

Any chance?

The players that have left (19 - 3/4 props, 2/4 locks, 2 backrows; 3 scrum halves, 2 fly halves, 1 centre, 4 back three)
Michael Collins (back 3), George Earle (lock), Kieran Hardy (scrum half), Phil John (prop), Jack Jones (lock), Rhodri Jones (prop), Regan King (centre), Kirby Myhill (hooker), Torin Myhill (hooker), Josh Lewis (fly half), Ben Leung (prop), Connor Lloyd (scrum half), Maselino Paulino (lock/backrow), Jack Payne (prop/lock/backrow poor sod),Harry Robinson (back 3), Steve Shingler (fly half), Michael Tagicakibau (back 3), Jordan Williams (fly half/back 3), Rhodri Williams (scrum half)

And the players who have joined (10 - 1 prop, 1/2 locks, 1/2 backrows; 1 scrum half, 1 fly half, 1 centre, 2 back three)
Tadgh Beirne (Lock/Backrow), Jonathan Davies (Centre), Rhys Patchell (Fly Half), Werner Kruger (Prop), Jonathan Evans (Scrum Half), Rynier Bernardo (Lock), Dafydd Hughes (backrow), Shaun Evans (Hooker), Johnny McNicholl (Back 3), Richard Smith (Back 3)

ScarletSpiderman

Posts : 9423
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 32
Location : Pembs

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by PhilBB on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 3:45 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
PhilBB wrote:Cardiff tried both of those.

I cannot remember seeing free buses from Merthyr RFC. Headscratch

Here's an example: http://www.cardiffblues.com/news/2385.php#.V3UwV8f7ihQ

PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the WRU increasing the funds for NDC's ?

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:04 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum