The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can you make a case for Eubank against GGG?

+13
TopHat24/7
Herman Jaeger
hazharrison
AdamT
mikeymax71
Hammersmith harrier
BoxingFan88
Baby faced assassin
TRUSSMAN66
bellchees
milkyboy
Derbymanc
BallchinianMuffwig
17 posters

Go down

Can you make a case for Eubank against GGG? Empty Can you make a case for Eubank against GGG?

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:54 am

Signing of the fight apparently imminent. The casual fans seem to reckon jrs going to shock the world here, but obviously theres more to it. Personally, I don't see what levels he's shown to suggest he has a chance here at all. A strong, athletic unit but still ridiculously clumsy at times and quite easy to catch (commentators refused to acknowledge dorans landing shots, it was embarrassing) i don't see how those telegraphed hooks and endless uppercuts will be enough for the job at hand. But I feel if he has one punch that could give him a chance it's his uppercut

Anybody think he has a shot?

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Can you make a case for Eubank against GGG? Empty Re: Can you make a case for Eubank against GGG?

Post by Derbymanc Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:45 am

I don't rate Jnr that highly at all, but not sure if it's just the fact i really dislike him so am clouded by that. It's a great matchup for him though as it's win/win, if he wins then he's now the monster and one of the best out there, if he loses he can always say he wasn't ready but will be next time (even if he loses badly he has that excuse)

For GGG though, if it wasn't Jnr I think we'd be going mad about the choice of opponent as what's Jnr done to really deserve this and what will GGG gain by beating another 'overmatched' opponent

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Can you make a case for Eubank against GGG? Empty Re: Can you make a case for Eubank against GGG?

Post by milkyboy Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:41 am

Funnily enough, because golovkin likes to fight on the front foot, I think he quite suits Eubank and this could be an interesting tussle. Eubank is an athletic lad with good hand speed and looks pretty durable... So far.

But.... This is a whole different ball game. Golovkin is hittable but he has the boxing ability to nullify Eubank in the manner Saunders did, whilst doing way more damage. He won't be standing off letting eubank showboat.

If he has his dad's chin and stubbornness I can see him taking golovkin into the later rounds, but I'd be expecting him to be broken down to the body and done by round 10.

Think it could be good to watch while it lasts though, because he has some unrefined ability and doesn't lack the bottle to give it a go. I'll be watching.

Derby's right though... Eubank is the man who lost to Saunders... It's a sellable fight for golovkin but it's not going to deter the detractors of the calibre of his opponents.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:25 am

His fight with Doran gave rise to doubts about his ability to beat GGG but I also gave Jr a little bit of leeway. After the Blackwell fight there were questions about how/if he'd be affected by it and I think he wanted to try and demonstrate that there's been no adverse effect. Sadly, it resulted in a lot of unnecessary showboating and attempts to produce a highlight reel KO which, as mentioned above did nothing but make him look crude and uncoordinated. Fight like that against GGG and it's goodnight Irene, but we know Eubank IS better than his last fight suggested.

For me, GGG's opponent are almost beaten before they get into the ring. He's now got this reputation for being a hard hitting machine-like fighter and I think most of his opponents are terrified of getting hit before he's even thrown a punch.

Jr needs to listen to his dad re having the right mindset going into the fight. When he fought Benn he knew he was going to get hit hard and often but once he'd come to terms with that it made the task ahead that bit less daunting.

Jr needs to have a similar approach. "I'm gonna get hit hard but I can't let that stop me from fighting my fight." Do that and I think he'll give a very good account of himself, but I can't really make a case for Jr winning. GG's has beaten better, more rounded and experienced fighters than Jr so you'd have to say it was unlikely that Jr will upset the odds, but I wish him well.

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:27 pm

In short I can't make any case for Eubank against GGG, if this goes ahead it's going to be a very very painful night for him. He doesn't hard enough to keep GGG off him, he has to load up and swing wildly to get any power in his shots and GGG will see those coming a mile off and walk him down. Eubank is also easy to hit, if you're easy to hit and in with a puncher like Golovkin who carries genuine power in both hands you're going to lose, can't see how Eubank makes this competitive really. Poor fight for Golovkin really but I'm not sure who else will fight him anyway. Wouldn't be shocked if Eubank is just using this as a bit of publicity and pulls out if it is signed.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:51 pm

bellchees wrote:In short I can't make any case for Eubank against GGG, if this goes ahead it's going to be a very very painful night for him. He doesn't hard enough to keep GGG off him, he has to load up and swing wildly to get any power in his shots and GGG will see those coming a mile off and walk him down. Eubank is also easy to hit, if you're easy to hit and in with a puncher like Golovkin who carries genuine power in both hands you're going to lose, can't see how Eubank makes this competitive really. Poor fight for Golovkin really but I'm not sure who else will fight him anyway. Wouldn't be shocked if Eubank is just using this as a bit of publicity and pulls out if it is signed.
As David Haye has demonstrated, that doesn't do your credibility much good so am hard pressed to understand how Eubank would see that as a smart career move.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:35 pm

There is a scene in the film Alien where Brett has just been killed by the Alien.. and the crew are around a table discussing ways to neutralise the perfect organism.

It is at the moment.. a bit like discussing ways to neutralise GGG...The bad news for Eubank is after agreeing on a way Captain Dallas gets wasted two minutes later !!

However the good news is we all know GGG can be neutralised..He's human !!

GGG...Is 34...He won't be able to sustain a fast pace like the young Eubank...Can he force and dictate the pace ??..GGG is a master of dictating terms so it won't be easy...

GGG...Hasn't been forced out of his comfort zone yet...If Eubank can land uppercuts...hurt him and force mistakes will the P4p number 1 be a different fighter ??...Maybe he is a bully ??...

Have to say I don't like his chances but he has a better chance than BJS for me because he has the power to get Golovkin's respect..

Sure he's a complete outsider but so was Lt Ripley.... Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Baby faced assassin Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:42 pm

The hardest fight on paper GGG had on paper he used his jab to break down and humiliate Lemieux, and when he did get clipped he barely moved

Eubank is a better pure boxer than Lemieux but doesn't hit anywhere near as hard and hasn't fought at world level

Think he'll start off alright as he doesn't lack confidence or hand speed but once GGG starts landing leather Eubank will have nowhere to hide

He's usually the bigger stronger guy and GGG just out guns him
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:08 pm

Is GGG hittable though, or does he let you hit him for entertainment or to open you up?

Don't remember Lemieux being able to do much of anything....

Eubank is going to get splattered, whenever GGG decides, that's if the fight even happens

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:09 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:There is a scene in the film Alien where Brett has just been killed by the Alien.. and the crew are around a table discussing ways to neutralise the perfect organism.

It is at the moment.. a bit like discussing ways to neutralise GGG...The bad news for Eubank is after agreeing on a way Captain Dallas gets wasted two minutes later !!

GGG...Is 34...He won't be able to sustain a fast pace like the young Eubank...Can he force and dictate the pace ??..GGG is a master of dictating terms so it won't be easy...

GGG...Hasn't been forced out of his comfort zone yet...If Eubank can land uppercuts...hurt him and force mistakes will the P4p number 1 be a different fighter ??...Maybe he is a bully ??...

Have to say I don't like his chances but he has a better chance than BJS for me because he has the power to get Golovkin's respect..

Does he really punch that hard though???

GGG probably punches a lot harder than him

He is wide open when he throws and has to put his whole body into them

Recipe for disaster

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:31 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:Is GGG hittable though, or does he let you hit him for entertainment or to open you up?

Don't remember Lemieux being able to do much of anything....

Eubank is going to get splattered, whenever GGG decides, that's if the fight even happens

I don't any boxer lets people hit them, he doesn't have a watertight defence that is all.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:48 pm

The difference in the Lemieux fight was that he showed him some respect and decided to outbox him. Not so easy to hit in that mode. He's more hittable when he's in 'monster' mode looking for the ko's to keep the TV people happy.

I don't think Eubank hits hard enough to worry him... Or boxes well enough to avoid trouble. I think he's strong enough, game enough and quick enough to make it interesting for a while.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:58 pm

Eubank does offer speed and quicker reflexes....

Two things GGG hasn't faced in Stiff City..

My advice would be if Eubank has success early with those gifts...Taunt Golovkin and see if you can get in his head..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeymax71 Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:49 pm

Of course GGG is a massive favourite but this is not the walkover that people think it is. As been alluded to before what happens when GGG is hit and forced on to the back foot for a change. I don't believe that Eubank Jr is a murderous hitter but hard enough and with enough body strength to push GGG back on even terms early on we might see him having to think differently. Jr will have to avoid been tagged hard and often early doors but what works in his favour and if his chin is inherited from his father, then his response to being hit normally is to explode in to a punching frenzy which GGG is not used to receiving.

If I had to put money on it then it would be GGG, but with his age and easy opposition in recent times, then don't be surprised if we don't see a rerun of Hatton vs Tszyu here.

mikeymax71

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:29 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:There is a scene in the film Alien where Brett has just been killed by the Alien.. and the crew are around a table discussing ways to neutralise the perfect organism.

This was actually a good post! Good man! GGG all the way! Very Happy

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:56 pm

Can't deal with pundits referring to Eubank as a puncher, he hit chudinov, spike and blackwell with the kitchen sink and couldn't get a knockdown. And as mentioned he throws his whole body behind many of his shots. Golovkin has in the past gotten through slick fighters with fast hands (Proksa, Monroe to a lesser extent) managing to set traps like he always does. Really don't see what jr has shown apart from an impressive physique that should worry GGG.

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:09 pm

Has anyone said he's a puncher....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:18 pm

I think it will be an entertaining fight - but I couldn't make a case for Eubank to win. Golovkin is a few levels above Chris Jr.

Eubank, like his father, fights only in spurts - as impressive as those spurts are. He's also very hittable.

I'll be having a ticket, though, should it come off.

I just feel this is Eubank Sr's idea - a trial by fire he feels his son must take. Golovkin is no Nigel Benn, though. Good luck to him - massive stones taking this.

Last edited by hazharrison on Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:04 pm

He's an accumulative puncher rather than a one punch merchant, surely? He wears fighters down, tough fighters too like Blackwell, O'Sullivan and the freakishly tough Chudinov.

Two best middleweights in the world, great fight, strange that Junior is getting so much praise just for taking the fight, says more about the others or the state of boxing today than it does Junior. So much for wanting to test yourself against the best win or lose. Is he really the only middleweight who actually wants to fight Golovkin? Maybe not,  I think Andy Lee would have had a go too. I think Ramirez would also but he's basically a boiled down light-heavy. In fairness our own DeGale I sense would have a go but there aren't many. Disappointing.

I'm not predicting a Eubank win as we simply don't really know how good Golovkin is but let's say this, I'm leaving the door open for an upset. We don't know how good Eubank is either but Golovkin rightly favourite to give him a trimming coming off 22 straight knockouts, and so far looking fairly awesome for want of a better word. But first time in a long time Golovkin is facing a supremely confident opponent who genuinely believes he can win. That's an added interest.

Haven't seen Golovkin hit on the chops hard and repeatedly in his career to date, that's because his defence looks pretty good as does his chin. When he has been hit, it seems it's because he let his opponent hit him. Junior may have the best offence Golovkin will have seen you could argue, so hope he can pressure the Kazakh like never before. Can he take one on the chops from Golvkin, no one else has so far? That's what the fight is all about for me. Can Eubank be the first fighter to stand up to Golovkin's power, then return some with interest? He looks like he has a bit of toughness about him, he certainly has that nastiness too. But Golovkin looks like one of the hardest hitters in a long, long time, so it's a big ask. Will be hoping he can pull it off.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:00 pm

Unless Jr has suddenly learned how to box, this will be a demolition job (albeit his dad's chin genes will keep him going to the later rounds).

Jr is an appalling boxer. Total one-trick pony and that one trick doesn't come with game changing power. All his vids & clips he posts are of him lifting weights and throwing hooks/uppercuts - we know you can do that you posing tw@t, how about showing some attention to footwork & head movement??!!

No evidence to suggest Jr hits harder than Lem, who couldn't dent GGG, and he certainly hasn't the boxing skills to get close and do any damage (have people forgotten how embarassing he looked versus BJS?!) nor has he shown any evidence he'll be able to evade the oncoming sh!tstorm.

Basically he's gotten shown up by BJS, then gone back to fighting domestic level limited come forward fighters so he can look good and use this and his surname to secure a big bucks (ish) fight.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:07 pm

Wish people would stop comparing Lemieux to Eubank.....

Graham..Eubank..Benn would all have peed on that average joe..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:11 pm

You know some people thought he beat Saunders though Toppy?

You know what, I'm going to say he has no chance whatsoever of beating Golovkin, simply because the more people say he can't do it, the more likely he is to perform. That's his mindset.

Not that easy to hit either imo, and great little engine on him. Best middleweight title fight for quite some time imo.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:23 pm

It's a better fight than Canelo v GGG...I've seen that fight twice already..

Oscar v Chavez 1 and 2..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:51 pm

Herman Jaeger wrote:You know some people thought he beat Saunders though Toppy?

You know what, I'm going to say he has no chance whatsoever of beating Golovkin, simply because the more people say he can't do it, the more likely he is to perform. That's his mindset.

Not that easy to hit either imo, and great little engine on him. Best middleweight title fight for quite some time imo.

Friday proved at least 52% of this country are fooking stupid.

BJS was walking it until he gassed. Jr was embarassing, think he fell over 3 times due to swings/lunges with no footwork for balance and BJS who had both just moving out the way, telegraphing the poser easily.

What's Jr done to suggest he's any better/more credible an oppo than Lem, Murray, Rubio or Geale??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:54 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Herman Jaeger wrote:You know some people thought he beat Saunders though Toppy?

Friday proved at least 52% of this country are fooking stupid.

BJS was walking it until he gassed.  Jr was embarassing, think he fell over 3 times due to swings/lunges with no footwork for balance and BJS who had both just moving out the way, telegraphing the poser easily.

What's Jr done to suggest he's any better/more credible an oppo than Lem, Murray, Rubio or Geale??
he's agreed to fight him...something not many, supposedly better, fighters seem willing to do?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:36 pm

While it's commendable that Jr is taking this fight....One wonders just how healthy the complete adoration Jr has for his Father is in all this..

We all like to impress our folks..

Could be Sr is pushing for this fight as he sees something in his Son that we don't despite his obvious talent...But Fathers aren't always the right people to judge the merits of their off spring...We all see the positives and ignore the negatives because we are blinded by devotion...

I remember Joe Frazier thinking the overrated Marvis would dethrone Larry...We had Hilton Sr watching blindly on as Matt nearly got destroyed off Hines....Sean O'Grady etc....

Seldom ends well as Fathers try to live again through their Sons career...Trying to be young twice !!..

I think Jr has gifts that could hamper GGG for a while but I do see an eventually bruising night for him..

If Jr truly believes and is behind this fight then great and kudos..

If he isn't then it could be a high price to pay for trying to impress Dad..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:49 pm

He already believes he's better than his dad, sounds to me like this is down to Junior. English wouldn't let it happen if Junior had confided in him he wasn't ready.

Video of English too a few years ago advising Junior to forget about boxing as a career but with Junior imploring English that he had his heart set on it.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:08 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:It's a better fight than Canelo v GGG...I've seen that fight twice already..

Oscar v Chavez 1 and 2..

Who's Oscar?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:42 pm

GGG late stoppage. Complete one sided hammering. Genuinely believe Eubank has zero chance of getting an upset.

What has he done to show he can even compete with GGG let alone beat him?

Got hit flush by Spike and seemed to bother him. Leave himself way too open for shots, only looks good going forward boxing, but don't think he has the pop to hold GGG.

Not only that, but GGG can box....and box well. He could just make it embarrassing, hard jabs quick inside work, some power shots. Eubank won't have a scooby. At times he struggled with BJS!

If his chin holds up it goes far, if not then expecting this over damn quick.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:50 pm

Herman Jaeger wrote:He already believes he's better than his dad, sounds to me like this is down to Junior. English wouldn't let it happen if Junior had confided in him he wasn't ready.

Video of English too a few years ago advising Junior to forget about boxing as a career but with Junior imploring English that he had his heart set on it.

Moving on.....

The kid has been told by his Dad he's the next Floyd...His Dad wanted Blackwell on SKY PPV...

Get the impression the Eubank's are in a bubble...However he does have gifts GGG hasn't seen before and he's much younger...

Until the Russian has the balls to move to 168 it's the best fight at 160..

Like I said Canelo is an Oscar v Chavez rerun..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:56 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:GGG late stoppage. Complete one sided hammering. Genuinely believe Eubank has zero chance of getting an upset.

What has he done to show he can even compete with GGG let alone beat him?

Got hit flush by Spike and seemed to bother him. Leave himself way too open for shots, only looks good going forward boxing, but don't think he has the pop to hold GGG.

Not only that, but GGG can box....and box well. He could just make it embarrassing, hard jabs quick inside work, some power shots. Eubank won't have a scooby. At times he struggled with BJS!

If his chin holds up it goes far, if not then expecting this over damn quick.

Pointless him fighting Ray Robinson or Hagler either reading that...

Just wait till he beats someone decent...Then he really will be God zila. .

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:58 pm

You're asking the man to move to '68 before he's unified Trussman? You really asking that?

Bit premature isn't it?...

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:13 pm

Six years at 160...as champ...

If you think that is premature then your girlfriend must be in heaven..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:19 pm

Didn't I tell you, my girlfriend's made out of rubber...

Seriously Truss, those who think GGG is the ducker belong in the tiny minority, in fact the lunatic fringe.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:28 pm

Never said he was a ducker....If a man is happy staying at 160 then he is...But he hasn't fought a top fighter in six years and I believe he should share some culpability..

There are challenges at 168 and he is 34....Other fighters have gone looking..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:47 pm

Certainly, without meaning to sound disparaging,  his level of competition hasn't been all that. Junior can take heart from that, Golovkin has yet to be an A grader. Yet even to beat an A minus. So there's an element of doubt- is he just a flat track bully?

But let's be honest, not his fault the Froch, Ward, Saunders, Canelo etc. and god knows who else fights couldn't be made. That those fights couldn't get made perhaps speaks volumes about   Golovkin surely Truss?

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:32 pm

I actually think that for all his posturing and speed, Junior gets stopped in this fight when his face is a mess due to GGG counters beating him to a pulp.

I believe that Eubank goes into his shell within 3 rounds after realising that he is out of his depth.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:40 pm

It's just a good fight though, I'm neutral.

Wonderful Truss though, Truss doesn't know who to support. The two fighters he's been slagging off the past couple of years turn out to be the top two middleweights in the world. Classic Truss ! That's why we love him, I guess

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by lambertm100 Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:52 am

I make Eubank a very live underdog. Murray went 11 rounds with GGG, Eubank jr has a better chin than Murrray and is much better offensively, he is also improving all the time. I get the impression Eubank loves attention so the media interest and a vocal partisan British crowd could take him to a new level just like his dad against Benn and Hatton against Tyszu. GGG is very good, but is overrated imo and has a padded record. The media has built him up into a monster just like Tyson and now AJ, eventually the bubble has to burst.

lambertm100

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:31 am

GGG wants to become the undisputed champ. It's a fair goal. Hasnt been done for a decade in the middleweight division. As for English junior. I really don't know what broadcaster everyone else watches, because there is nothing about his record, less than nothing in fact that points to this being anything other than a rout. Fair play to him because he's taking on the proverbial kraken, but he's gonna get swallowed whole. He loses a boxing match to GGG. He loses a phone booth fight. He loses a chess match. There isnt a way this fight can go which favours Eubank.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:05 am

I give him more chance than any other middleweight out there today, that's what I can say. Others may disagree. So I ask- who has a better chance?

So can he raise his game because this his chance to cement his place, at a very early stage of his career, in British boxing folklore and to remembered for all time? This would be bigger than Curry/ Honyggan if we're talking British boxing upsets on the world stage.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:55 am

I think for the neutral, assuming we're excluding alvarez from this, jacobs is a more interesting fight. Yes, he got sparked by pirog a while back, but the lad can punch and it's a unification. There's an argument that saunders boxing ability might be able to negate golovkin to some degree, but it's hard to see that as anything other than a re-run of the murray fight... and saunders stamina would do for him, even if he was able to start well.

I get where kingy is coming from, but i don't see many suggesting eubank holds any advantages other than speed maybe. Most of us are talking about it being an entertaining tussle while it lasts, not predicting a eubank win. But then Kingy thought lemieux had a chance Wink

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:02 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Herman Jaeger wrote:He already believes he's better than his dad, sounds to me like this is down to Junior. English wouldn't let it happen if Junior had confided in him he wasn't ready.

Moving on.....

The kid has been told by his Dad he's the next Floyd...His Dad wanted Blackwell on SKY PPV...

Get the impression the Eubank's are in a bubble...However he does have gifts GGG hasn't seen before and he's much younger...

Until the Russian has the balls to move to 168 it's the best fight at 160..

Like I said Canelo is an Oscar v Chavez rerun..

I dont get the Oscar vs Chavez reference? A young, super-talented, huge guy against an overmatched ageing great? Don't see it. How about Gomez vs Pintor?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:05 am

Eubank gets hit and his balance is often poor. Offensively, yes he looks very good at times but those Hollywood flurries won't dent Golovkin.

I guess the difference will be that Eubank will THINK he can win. Not a lot fight Golovkin with that mentaliity.

Still just rumour so far but it would be superb to see Golovkin in the UK. Top fighters don't fight over here often (while still at their best).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:12 pm

I've been quite negative about eubanks chances but you know what

At least he has the guts to step up to the plate whilst the rest of the division is running scared

Good luck to him I see he has no chance but that's because ggg is that good

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down