The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by Nico the gman on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 10:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

Munchkin wrote:
Nico the gman wrote:Whether people like it or not the country voted to leave the EU and I don't think there's a cat in hells chance of a 2nd Referendum, those who did fail to vote and wanted to remain have in my opinion no argument.

I don't think a 2nd referendum will happen. I do think a 2nd referendum would vote Remain, even if the exact same voters come out.
Quite possibly.

Nico the gman

Posts : 1753
Join date : 2011-09-21
Location : middlesbrough

Back to top Go down


The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by Coxy001 on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 9:22 am

Duty281 wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3672815/World-queues-win-trade-deals-Britain-Brexit.html

Global Britannia, not little Europe.

Touch ignorant, to say the least. And sorry to burst your bubble, but 47% of our exports go to the EU... Y'know, that place that aren't going to give us any beneficial deal and we will likely see tarriffs rammed up our bottoms and have our financial services crippled when they lose their £ passports?

Your failure to grasp what a percentage point here and there going in the wrong direction has on the economy is staggeringly ignorant.

Business confidence has fallen off the cliff (8%). You understand the implications of that? I'll explain as you almost certainly don't:

1) Investment ceases
2) Hiring for new jobs ceases
3) Businesses become much more reactive to poor trade and look to cost cutting measures more readily i.e. cutting back on workforce.

But yayyyyyyyyyy!

Nothing has happened other than a non legally binding vote and yet the financial sector are already drawing up plans to move headcounts from here to the EU, Standard Life has suspended it's property fund (£2.9bn worth), we have the BoE desperately trying to patch up the economy by suggesting interest rates will be cut and another aggressive round of QE is on the way.. and Osbourne has announced he's cutting corporation tax rates. Among quite a few other signals that unless you are a complete buffoon are sending us down the river to disasterland.

But well done Duty, you and your dimwits have solved the immigration "crisis" as no sane or more intelligent person than you would want to come here.

Invoke article 50, lets get this slow death done with. I truly hope you're one of the big bearers of how things go down the drain when it does get invoked and everything goes pete tong.

Coxy001

Posts : 1816
Join date : 2014-11-10

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by funnyExiledScot on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 10:10 am

Due to the fact that we don't have any civil servants with experience in negotiating trade deals, we are going to pay a small fortune to the private sector (PWC, Deloitte, McKinsey, Linklaters et al) to form a negotiating team on behalf of the country. Of course none of these individuals has the required experience, but they are all extremely bright so we're told and will make the best of it.

In other news, Corbyn is going to cling on and destroy the Labour party. I wonder what the new alliance between New Labour and Lib Dems is going to call itself.

funnyExiledScot

Posts : 15801
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 38
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by lostinwales on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 10:22 am

Coxy001 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3672815/World-queues-win-trade-deals-Britain-Brexit.html

Global Britannia, not little Europe.

Touch ignorant, to say the least. And sorry to burst your bubble, but 47% of our exports go to the EU... Y'know, that place that aren't going to give us any beneficial deal and we will likely see tarriffs rammed up our bottoms and have our financial services crippled when they lose their £ passports?

Your failure to grasp what a percentage point here and there going in the wrong direction has on the economy is staggeringly ignorant.

Business confidence has fallen off the cliff (8%). You understand the implications of that? I'll explain as you almost certainly don't:

1) Investment ceases
2) Hiring for new jobs ceases
3) Businesses become much more reactive to poor trade and look to cost cutting measures more readily i.e. cutting back on workforce.

But yayyyyyyyyyy!

Nothing has happened other than a non legally binding vote and yet the financial sector are already drawing up plans to move headcounts from here to the EU, Standard Life has suspended it's property fund (£2.9bn worth), we have the BoE desperately trying to patch up the economy by suggesting interest rates will be cut and another aggressive round of QE is on the way.. and Osbourne has announced he's cutting corporation tax rates. Among quite a few other signals that unless you are a complete buffoon are sending us down the river to disasterland.

But well done Duty, you and your dimwits have solved the immigration "crisis" as no sane or more intelligent person than you would want to come here.

Invoke article 50, lets get this slow death done with. I truly hope you're one of the big bearers of how things go down the drain when it does get invoked and everything goes pete tong.

I'd just add that things are not quite as bad as they could be because Article 50 remains unused and that damn immigrant Carney at the BoE is working damn hard to help shore things up. Some buffoon called Gideon has also said a few things in government to try and help but nobody listens to him anyway.

The current status quo is no indicator of where things are going to go if Article 50 is used, but you have to think about how the markets reacted when they thought it might be.

lostinwales

Posts : 8408
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by rodders on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 11:06 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:Due to the fact that we don't have any civil servants with experience in negotiating trade deals, we are going to pay a small fortune to the private sector (PWC, Deloitte, McKinsey, Linklaters et al) to form a negotiating team on behalf of the country. Of course none of these individuals has the required experience, but they are all extremely bright so we're told and will make the best of it.

Well of course we will, so the government can blame them when they make a mess of things.

Why don't the brexiters and the 27% of the population who supported them just admit they are totally wrong and then we can all get back to the real world? We won't laugh at you... honest....
rodders
rodders
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25221
Join date : 2011-05-20
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by SecretFly on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 11:15 am

Brexiters (51.9%) + 27% (the em... population that supported them?) = 78.9%?

Bigger majority than I thought. Thanks for that update, rodders. guinness

SecretFly

Posts : 30397
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by rodders on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 11:23 am

SecretFly wrote:Brexiters (51.9%) + 27% (the em... population that supported them?) = 78.9%?

Bigger majority than I thought.  Thanks for that update, rodders. guinness

51.9% of 72% fly = 37% (not 27) of the voting age population voted leave.
rodders
rodders
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25221
Join date : 2011-05-20
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by SecretFly on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 11:31 am

So all toddlers wanted to Remain?

SecretFly

Posts : 30397
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 11:53 am

What is amusing is the amount of Tory brexiters who are backing the pro-remain candidate Theresa May because they think she'll win and there may be a job in it..

Tells you all you need to know about politics...

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38643
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by milkyboy on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 1:01 pm

Indeed truss.

Given the sliding scale that the older you are the more likely to vote Brexit you are, we can safely presume toddlers are pro remain.

As a referendum is meant to be a fully democratic vote, I believe we should lower the voting age to anyone who can speak, let's say 2... And redo the whole shebang.

The idea that u18's aren't sufficiently competent to vote is clearly laughable when a sizeable proportion of the current voting population have demonstrated they havent a scooby... Whistle

milkyboy

Posts : 7738
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by milkyboy on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 1:13 pm

I was out with a couple of friends on Saturday (I have to pay for their company obviously).  Their parents had all voted leave 'to make the UK a better place for their grandchildren'. One was worried we'll be operating under sharia law soon if we didn't.

Neither had bothered consulting their children or grandchildren as to whether they agreed with the logic behind their decision. But all were vehemently convinced that they'd acted selflessly.

We let octogenarians who wear nappies and don't know what day of the week it is vote. Why not 3 year olds with similar attributes I say!?

milkyboy

Posts : 7738
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by superflyweight on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 1:19 pm

milkyboy wrote:I was out with a couple of friends on Saturday (I have to pay for their company obviously).  Their parents had all voted leave 'to make the UK a better place for their grandchildren'. One was worried we'll be operating under sharia law soon if we didn't.

Neither had bothered consulting their children or grandchildren as to whether they agreed with the logic behind their decision. But all were vehemently convinced that they'd acted selflessly.

We let octogenarians who wear nappies and don't know what day of the week it is vote. Why not 3 year olds with similar attributes I say!?

Your friend's parent is a moron Milky. A f*cking moron.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 6316
Join date : 2011-01-26
Location : Right here waiting for you

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by milkyboy on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 1:25 pm

Funnily enough, those were his exact words!! I was trying to defend her as a sweet old dear!

milkyboy

Posts : 7738
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by superflyweight on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 1:34 pm

No different in my family - had to have a proper go at my father-in-law because he was harping on about the £350 million that we send to the EU every week. I talked him down from a Leave vote to an abstention.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 6316
Join date : 2011-01-26
Location : Right here waiting for you

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by SecretFly on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 1:45 pm

"Parents abused on the street by their children post-Brexit! One parent actually told to "Go Home! - and make the tea"

SecretFly

Posts : 30397
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by funnyExiledScot on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 1:50 pm

SecretFly wrote:So all toddlers wanted to Remain?

Mine wanted to. She felt disenfranchised because she's too young to vote. Even at 21 months old she's already fiercely European and is concerned about free trade.

funnyExiledScot

Posts : 15801
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 38
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by milkyboy on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 1:54 pm

superflyweight wrote:No different in my family - had to have a proper go at my father-in-law because he was harping on about the £350 million that we send to the EU every week.  I talked him down from a Leave vote to an abstention.  

My mum is an otherwise intelligent woman who has been brainwashed by the daily mail. When she starts quoting cretins like Richard littlejohn at you, you know all hope has gone.

milkyboy

Posts : 7738
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 1:56 pm

SecretFly wrote:"Parents abused on the street by their children post-Brexit!  One parent actually told to "Go Home! - and make the tea"

That's one of the nicer things your kids can say to you....

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38643
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by milkyboy on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 1:58 pm

My four year old fears for the weakening pound and is worried about the potential rising cost of Lego.

My 1 year old simply cries when he sees Nigel farage on the tv. I share his pain.

milkyboy

Posts : 7738
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by SecretFly on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 1:58 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
SecretFly wrote:"Parents abused on the street by their children post-Brexit!  One parent actually told to "Go Home! - and make the tea"

That's one of the nicer things your kids can say to you....

After a public flogging, hanging and stoning though, it can appear a little patronising.... Whistle

SecretFly

Posts : 30397
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by SecretFly on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 2:00 pm

milkyboy wrote:

My 1 year old simply cries when he sees Nigel farage on the tv. I share his pain.

Yes, I wanted Nigel to stay on too. I share your 1 year old's grief.

SecretFly

Posts : 30397
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by lostinwales on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 2:26 pm

I wonder if the Daily Mail's readership will gradually decline over the next few years as their natural readership all die off.

lostinwales

Posts : 8408
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by Tattie Scones RRN on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 2:37 pm

I think it's fair to say that probably most voters on both sides of the argument didn't/don't have a full understanding of what the EU is/does and whether it's a good/bad thing. I'd also say that most don't have a clue about UK politics. I'd also bet a small fortune that most of the voters voted remain/leave because that's what their friends did.

Yet we persist in teaching Religious Education throughout the school years which brings absolutely no benefit to anyone.

Politics/economics/accountancy etc. should be taught in schools so that everyone has a basic understanding of how everything works. This will enable everyone to make more informed decisions later in life.

Tattie Scones RRN

Posts : 1721
Join date : 2011-05-24
Age : 43
Location : Scottish Rugby Purgatory

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by SecretFly on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 2:44 pm

...and ban Youff cultcha.  

Youff cultcha is the greatest threat to brain cell health on the planet. The World Health Organisation should be much more concerned than they seem to be at present Wink But then abbreviate it and you have The WHO - no wonder the kids thought the EU was Disney.

SecretFly

Posts : 30397
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by lostinwales on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 3:10 pm

SecretFly wrote:...and ban Youff cultcha.  

Youff cultcha is the greatest threat to brain cell health on the planet.  The World Health Organisation should be much more concerned than they seem to be at present Wink  But then abbreviate it and you have The WHO - no wonder the kids thought the EU was Disney.

Just ban anyone trying to talk down to kids

lostinwales

Posts : 8408
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by SecretFly on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 3:16 pm

Santy?

You Basterde!!!


Last edited by SecretFly on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

SecretFly

Posts : 30397
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by ShahenshahG on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 3:16 pm

lostinwales wrote:I wonder if the Daily Mail's readership will gradually decline over the next few years as their natural readership all die off.

Miserable b*stardhood is a national disease, they'll get more where they came from. In news that is half good and half bad, guardians readership has gone through the roof so the nation will be more informed but will also be whiny b*stards getting the hump for little to no reason at a frequency that will drive us to read the times.

ShahenshahG

Posts : 15637
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 33
Location : The happiest man a morning ever sees

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by Guest on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 3:24 pm

So we have young people too young to understand the enormity of the referendum and old people (anyone who's not a young person) too stupid to understand the enormity of the decision they took on behalf of the young.

So with a country filled with young and old, stupid inexperienced people, I shudder to think what's going to happen.

Thankfully there's always Question Time and guest panelist Craig Charles who should be able to clear things up for us, he'll just tell us who's a Smeghead* and who isn't.

*That's a popular Yoof Culture reference isn't it? If Charles isn't available, can we get hold of Normski?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by lostinwales on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 3:32 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
lostinwales wrote:I wonder if the Daily Mail's readership will gradually decline over the next few years as their natural readership all die off.

Miserable b*stardhood is a national disease, they'll get more where they came from. In news that is half good and half bad, guardians readership has gone through the roof so the nation will be more informed but will also be whiny b*stards getting the hump for little to no reason at a frequency that will drive us to read the times.

I used to read the independent, but it was going downhill long before its demise, sorry 'switch to a new exciting online format'. I did try to like the Guardian. I really did....

We are living in tough times for newspaper readers

lostinwales

Posts : 8408
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by milkyboy on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 3:35 pm

DAVE667 wrote:So we have young people too young to understand the enormity of the referendum and old people (anyone who's not a young person) too stupid to understand the enormity of the decision they took on behalf of the young. not forgetting enormous people too stupid to understand calorific intake and the enormity of their enormousness.

So with a country filled with young and old, stupid inexperienced enormous people, I shudder to think what's going to happen.

Thankfully there's always Question Time and guest panelist Craig Charles who should be able to clear things up for us, he'll just tell us who's enormous* and who isn't.

*That's a popular Yoof Culture reference isn't it? If Charles isn't available, can we get hold of Normski?

fixed that for you in a wicked and awesome and mint manner innit

milkyboy

Posts : 7738
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by milkyboy on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 3:39 pm

lostinwales wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
lostinwales wrote:I wonder if the Daily Mail's readership will gradually decline over the next few years as their natural readership all die off.

Miserable b*stardhood is a national disease, they'll get more where they came from. In news that is half good and half bad, guardians readership has gone through the roof so the nation will be more informed but will also be whiny b*stards getting the hump for little to no reason at a frequency that will drive us to read the times.

I used to read the independent, but it was going downhill long before its demise, sorry 'switch to a new exciting online format'. I did try to like the Guardian. I really did....

We are living in tough times for newspaper readers

I read the telegraph as it's the only one with a cryptic crossword i can do*. It's the ideal size for lighting barbies with too. If it had more semi naked women splashed over its pages, it would be perfect.

*sometimes

milkyboy

Posts : 7738
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by Guest on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 3:44 pm

milkyboy wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:So we have young people too young to understand the enormity of the referendum and old people (anyone who's not a young person) too stupid to understand the enormity of the decision they took on behalf of the young. not forgetting enormous people too stupid to understand calorific intake and the enormity of their enormousness.

So with a country filled with young and old, stupid inexperienced enormous people, I shudder to think what's going to happen.

Thankfully there's always Question Time and guest panelist Craig Charles who should be able to clear things up for us, he'll just tell us who's enormous* and who isn't.

*That's a popular Yoof Culture reference isn't it? If Charles isn't available, can we get hold of Normski?

fixed that for you in a wicked and awesome and mint manner innit
Booyahkasha!!!!!!!!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by Sin é on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 4:10 pm

DAVE667 wrote:So we have young people too young to understand the enormity of the referendum and old people (anyone who's not a young person) too stupid to understand the enormity of the decision they took on behalf of the young.

So with a country filled with young and old, stupid inexperienced people, I shudder to think what's going to happen.

Thankfully there's always Question Time and guest panelist Craig Charles who should be able to clear things up for us, he'll just tell us who's a Smeghead* and who isn't.

*That's a popular Yoof Culture reference isn't it? If Charles isn't available, can we get hold of Normski?

Last year, prior to the Same-sex referendum & 2nd referendum in Ireland on lowering the age of President from 35 to 21, on of the Years (15 year olds) in a school I know ran a mock referendum as part of their civics educations. Their result fairly well matched the result of the referendum including about 70% thought that the age of eligibility for the Presidency shouldn't be lowered to 21.

I'd imagine these kids will be well equipped to vote in any election - not that difficult to do.
Sin é
Sin é

Posts : 13697
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Dublin

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by Guest on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 4:26 pm

Sin é wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:So we have young people too young to understand the enormity of the referendum and old people (anyone who's not a young person) too stupid to understand the enormity of the decision they took on behalf of the young.

So with a country filled with young and old, stupid inexperienced people, I shudder to think what's going to happen.

Thankfully there's always Question Time and guest panelist Craig Charles who should be able to clear things up for us, he'll just tell us who's a Smeghead* and who isn't.

*That's a popular Yoof Culture reference isn't it? If Charles isn't available, can we get hold of Normski?

Last year, prior to the Same-sex referendum & 2nd referendum in Ireland on lowering the age of President from 35 to 21, on of the Years (15 year olds) in a school I know ran a mock referendum as part of their civics educations. Their result fairly well matched the result of the referendum including about 70% thought that the age of eligibility for the Presidency shouldn't be lowered to 21.

I'd imagine these kids will be well equipped to vote in any election - not that difficult to do.
Oh do get a grip, or at the very least a sense of humour, pal.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by rodders on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 4:32 pm

Sin é wrote:2nd referendum in Ireland on lowering the age of President from 35 to 21

There's no way that Higgins fella is 21.
rodders
rodders
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25221
Join date : 2011-05-20
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by Sin é on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 4:35 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Sin é wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:So we have young people too young to understand the enormity of the referendum and old people (anyone who's not a young person) too stupid to understand the enormity of the decision they took on behalf of the young.

So with a country filled with young and old, stupid inexperienced people, I shudder to think what's going to happen.

Thankfully there's always Question Time and guest panelist Craig Charles who should be able to clear things up for us, he'll just tell us who's a Smeghead* and who isn't.

*That's a popular Yoof Culture reference isn't it? If Charles isn't available, can we get hold of Normski?

Last year, prior to the Same-sex referendum & 2nd referendum in Ireland on lowering the age of President from 35 to 21, on of the Years (15 year olds) in a school I know ran a mock referendum as part of their civics educations. Their result fairly well matched the result of the referendum including about 70% thought that the age of eligibility for the Presidency shouldn't be lowered to 21.

I'd imagine these kids will be well equipped to vote in any election - not that difficult to do.
Oh do get a grip, or at the very least a sense of humour, pal.

Sorry, I didn't know you were trying to be funny Hug
Sin é
Sin é

Posts : 13697
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Dublin

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by Guest on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 4:42 pm

Sin é wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Sin é wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:So we have young people too young to understand the enormity of the referendum and old people (anyone who's not a young person) too stupid to understand the enormity of the decision they took on behalf of the young.

So with a country filled with young and old, stupid inexperienced people, I shudder to think what's going to happen.

Thankfully there's always Question Time and guest panelist Craig Charles who should be able to clear things up for us, he'll just tell us who's a Smeghead* and who isn't.

*That's a popular Yoof Culture reference isn't it? If Charles isn't available, can we get hold of Normski?

Last year, prior to the Same-sex referendum & 2nd referendum in Ireland on lowering the age of President from 35 to 21, on of the Years (15 year olds) in a school I know ran a mock referendum as part of their civics educations. Their result fairly well matched the result of the referendum including about 70% thought that the age of eligibility for the Presidency shouldn't be lowered to 21.

I'd imagine these kids will be well equipped to vote in any election - not that difficult to do.
Oh do get a grip, or at the very least a sense of humour, pal.

Sorry, I didn't know you were trying to be funny Hug
See you're not one of the bright kids at the school you've just been talking about then

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by SecretFly on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 4:49 pm

rodders wrote:
Sin é wrote:2nd referendum in Ireland on lowering the age of President from 35 to 21

There's no way that Higgins fella is 21.

Hobbits age differently. Bilbo is I believe 111 years of age.

SecretFly

Posts : 30397
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by SecretFly on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 4:51 pm

Ban Teachers.... they think they're educating the young but .............................

............well, the evidence to the contrary is overwhelming Cool

SecretFly

Posts : 30397
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by Guest on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 5:06 pm

SecretFly wrote:
rodders wrote:
Sin é wrote:2nd referendum in Ireland on lowering the age of President from 35 to 21

There's no way that Higgins fella is 21.

Hobbits age differently.  Bilbo is I believe 111 years of age.
Hobbits v Leprechauns, what's the difference? I mean, obviously one is made up and one is real but apart from that?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by ShahenshahG on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 5:08 pm

SecretFly wrote:
rodders wrote:
Sin é wrote:2nd referendum in Ireland on lowering the age of President from 35 to 21

There's no way that Higgins fella is 21.

Hobbits age differently.  Bilbo is I believe 111 years of age.

Nearly time for rocky 7 to come out then

ShahenshahG

Posts : 15637
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 33
Location : The happiest man a morning ever sees

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by JuliusHMarx on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 5:20 pm

Not good news, but I reckon if we say 'Global Britannia' enough times everything will turn out fine.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36715806

JuliusHMarx
julius

Posts : 18669
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by ShahenshahG on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 5:23 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Not good news, but I reckon if we say 'Global Britannia' enough times everything will turn out fine.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36715806

What up Doc?! You're turning into a Prophet of Doom.

ShahenshahG

Posts : 15637
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 33
Location : The happiest man a morning ever sees

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by Sin é on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 5:24 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Sin é wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Sin é wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:So we have young people too young to understand the enormity of the referendum and old people (anyone who's not a young person) too stupid to understand the enormity of the decision they took on behalf of the young.

So with a country filled with young and old, stupid inexperienced people, I shudder to think what's going to happen.

Thankfully there's always Question Time and guest panelist Craig Charles who should be able to clear things up for us, he'll just tell us who's a Smeghead* and who isn't.

*That's a popular Yoof Culture reference isn't it? If Charles isn't available, can we get hold of Normski?

Last year, prior to the Same-sex referendum & 2nd referendum in Ireland on lowering the age of President from 35 to 21, on of the Years (15 year olds) in a school I know ran a mock referendum as part of their civics educations. Their result fairly well matched the result of the referendum including about 70% thought that the age of eligibility for the Presidency shouldn't be lowered to 21.

I'd imagine these kids will be well equipped to vote in any election - not that difficult to do.
Oh do get a grip, or at the very least a sense of humour, pal.

Sorry, I didn't know you were trying to be funny Hug
See you're not one of the bright kids at the school you've just been talking about then

You don't need to be too bright to know how to vote in a referendum!

This is more my kind of humour http://news.sky.com/story/1721982/watch-ken-clarke-ridicules-tory-candidates


Last edited by Sin é on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sin é
Sin é

Posts : 13697
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Dublin

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by ShahenshahG on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 5:25 pm

Laugh

ShahenshahG

Posts : 15637
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 33
Location : The happiest man a morning ever sees

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by SecretFly on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 5:33 pm

Sin é wrote:

You don't need to be a bright to know how to vote in a referendum!


Good memory Sin.  That's exactly what Europe told us when they demanded we vote again.  We weren't bright enough to realise that the 'NO' box was just there for image purposes.

SecretFly

Posts : 30397
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by ShahenshahG on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 5:34 pm

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/news/some-eu-doctors-not-applying-for-posts-in-the-uk-since-brexit-vote-34857295.html

Something less funny

ShahenshahG

Posts : 15637
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 33
Location : The happiest man a morning ever sees

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by temporary21 on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 5:46 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NffWa8ZlJkY

everyone could do with watching this I think

temporary21

Posts : 5092
Join date : 2014-09-07

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by SecretFly on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 5:46 pm

Jesus! Good man, Ken. More fun. This is a Shakespearean Comedy that keeps on giving.

Forty or so years in the public eye and is still cute enough to pretend he doesn't know the microphone is on. Classic Clarke. OK


SecretFly

Posts : 30397
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by ShahenshahG on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 6:06 pm

http://reaction.life/was-andrea-leadsom-really-such-a-city-hotshot/

ShahenshahG

Posts : 15637
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 33
Location : The happiest man a morning ever sees

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 10:05 pm

Maybe we can get Harry Potter to play "Govebeth" after this leadership campaign is over....King Boris Duncan maybe harder to cast.

Good news is...Plenty of candidates in the Tory party for the Three witches..

Gove has made a bollox of this......Gone from hero to zero.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38643
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 5 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum