The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by Nico the gman on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 10:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

Munchkin wrote:
Nico the gman wrote:Whether people like it or not the country voted to leave the EU and I don't think there's a cat in hells chance of a 2nd Referendum, those who did fail to vote and wanted to remain have in my opinion no argument.

I don't think a 2nd referendum will happen. I do think a 2nd referendum would vote Remain, even if the exact same voters come out.
Quite possibly.

Nico the gman

Posts : 1753
Join date : 2011-09-21
Location : middlesbrough

Back to top Go down


The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by Coxy001 on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 10:09 pm

temporary21 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NffWa8ZlJkY

everyone could do with watching this I think

Effing working class idiots you mean?

He does make me chuckle though.

Coxy001

Posts : 1816
Join date : 2014-11-10

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by SecretFly on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 10:21 pm

Gove:  'Mr WW3' - according to Clarkie anyway.

"Yes Vladimir............... yes, I understand perfectly. - Yes, I want world peace too. - I do.  I do, Vladimir. - Don't say that, I want peace as much as you do. - I am being honest, Vladimir. - I am. - War doesn't suit me. - Yes, I'd be terrible at war. - Yes, you would; you would win Vladimir. - Yes, that's why I've signed the Peace treaty before you. - Yes, I did. - That's what I was calling to ask you about. - You'll sign it too? - That's good Vladimir, neither of us wants war.  Peace is the only way - Talk soon.  - Bye.  - Yes, bye. - I did say Bye. - I just said it - Bye Vladimir


................... Nuke the bastarde, please Theresa.

SecretFly

Posts : 30380
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by Sin é on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 1:26 am

Some might be interested in how the EU does it trade deals.

http://trade.ec.europa.eu/doclib/docs/2012/june/tradoc_149616.pdf

The map is worth looking at. The countries the EU does not have any kind of deal with are Russia, Australia & New Zealand.
Sin é
Sin é

Posts : 13697
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Dublin

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by Notch on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 8:29 am

milkyboy wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:So we have young people too young to understand the enormity of the referendum and old people (anyone who's not a young person) too stupid to understand the enormity of the decision they took on behalf of the young. not forgetting enormous people too stupid to understand calorific intake and the enormity of their enormousness.

So with a country filled with young and old, stupid inexperienced enormous people, I shudder to think what's going to happen.

Thankfully there's always Question Time and guest panelist Craig Charles who should be able to clear things up for us, he'll just tell us who's enormous* and who isn't.

*That's a popular Yoof Culture reference isn't it? If Charles isn't available, can we get hold of Normski?

fixed that for you in a wicked and awesome and mint manner innit

Boris Johnson (formerly of the Bullingdon Club, soon to be retired from politics) has argued that socialism is more possible outside the EU than inside due to the fact the EU inherently about trade and capitalism. Meanwhile, Labour- a party that describes itself to its members as a proponent of democratic socialism- are trying to get rid of a democrartically-elected socialist leader for not doing enough to keep us in the EU

At this stage what you lads have just written makes more sense to me than British politics!

Yahoo
Notch
Notch
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25635
Join date : 2011-02-10
Age : 31
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by aucklandlaurie on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 8:33 am

Sin é wrote:Some might be interested in how the EU does it trade deals.

http://trade.ec.europa.eu/doclib/docs/2012/june/tradoc_149616.pdf

The map is worth looking at. The countries the EU does not have any kind of deal with are Russia, Australia & New Zealand.


Don't want to be seen trading with communists, Convicts or Kiwis.

aucklandlaurie

Posts : 7525
Join date : 2011-06-27
Age : 63
Location : Auckland

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by JuliusHMarx on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 8:54 am

Sterling hit a new low against the dollar earlier. Good thing it has stabilised though, so there is nothing to worry about. Global Britannia!

JuliusHMarx
julius

Posts : 18663
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by Coxy001 on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 9:22 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Sterling hit a new low against the dollar earlier. Good thing it has stabilised though, so there is nothing to worry about. Global Britannia!

Yup it's all positive positive positive at the moment! BoE "the predicted outcomes of a Brexit vote are crystallising". And to think nothing has actually changed... It's going to go so completely and utterly Pete Tong once A50 (abreviating it now as I can't even type let alone talk about it) gets invoked.

I'm going to start a petition that once the economy reaches 3rd world levels every man and women who voted Leave should be put in front of a firing squad.

Coxy001

Posts : 1816
Join date : 2014-11-10

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by Tattie Scones RRN on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 10:35 am

Coxy001 wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Sterling hit a new low against the dollar earlier. Good thing it has stabilised though, so there is nothing to worry about. Global Britannia!

Yup it's all positive positive positive at the moment! BoE "the predicted outcomes of a Brexit vote are crystallising". And to think nothing has actually changed... It's going to go so completely and utterly Pete Tong once A50 (abreviating it now as I can't even type let alone talk about it) gets invoked.

I'm going to start a petition that once the economy reaches 3rd world levels every man and women who voted Leave should be put in front of a firing squad.

Here's an idea, why don't you do us all a favour and feic off permanently to mainland Europe then.

Tattie Scones RRN

Posts : 1721
Join date : 2011-05-24
Age : 43
Location : Scottish Rugby Purgatory

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by Coxy001 on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 10:44 am

Tattie Scones RRN wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Sterling hit a new low against the dollar earlier. Good thing it has stabilised though, so there is nothing to worry about. Global Britannia!

Yup it's all positive positive positive at the moment! BoE "the predicted outcomes of a Brexit vote are crystallising". And to think nothing has actually changed... It's going to go so completely and utterly Pete Tong once A50 (abreviating it now as I can't even type let alone talk about it) gets invoked.

I'm going to start a petition that once the economy reaches 3rd world levels every man and women who voted Leave should be put in front of a firing squad.

Here's an idea, why don't you do us all a favour and feic off permanently to mainland Europe then.

Not sure why you're shouting anti-immigrant tosh at a non-immigrant.

Coxy001

Posts : 1816
Join date : 2014-11-10

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by SecretFly on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 10:47 am

I love the Financial Times reports every morning on this thread.  

A little mad in delivery but still the numbers squeezing their way through the froth of hate and anger and broodings of revenge.

Kinda like that mad guy who sometimes appears on that morning finance section on BBC News - anyone know who I'm talking about?  He seems to be Aussie or a Kiwi - mad as a sack of Europhile cats - forever gesticulating, shuffling and throwing out wild and whacky mannerisms as he talks about Dow Jones and Mrs Footsie.

If anyone knows his name, please share it.

SecretFly

Posts : 30380
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by Tattie Scones RRN on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 10:52 am

Coxy001 wrote:
Tattie Scones RRN wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Sterling hit a new low against the dollar earlier. Good thing it has stabilised though, so there is nothing to worry about. Global Britannia!

Yup it's all positive positive positive at the moment! BoE "the predicted outcomes of a Brexit vote are crystallising". And to think nothing has actually changed... It's going to go so completely and utterly Pete Tong once A50 (abreviating it now as I can't even type let alone talk about it) gets invoked.

I'm going to start a petition that once the economy reaches 3rd world levels every man and women who voted Leave should be put in front of a firing squad.

Here's an idea, why don't you do us all a favour and feic off permanently to mainland Europe then.

Not sure why you're shouting anti-immigrant tosh at a non-immigrant.

You're not a bright little chap are you.

Tattie Scones RRN

Posts : 1721
Join date : 2011-05-24
Age : 43
Location : Scottish Rugby Purgatory

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by Tattie Scones RRN on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 10:53 am

SecretFly wrote:I love the Financial Times reports every morning on this thread.  

A little mad in delivery but still the numbers squeezing their way through the froth of hate and anger and broodings of revenge.

Kinda like that mad guy who sometimes appears on that morning finance section on BBC News - anyone know who I'm talking about?  He seems to be Aussie or a Kiwi - mad as a sack of Europhile cats - forever gesticulating, shuffling and throwing out wild and whacky mannerisms as he talks about Dow Jones and Mrs Footsie.

If anyone knows his name, please share it.

Scaremongering McScaremongeringface?

Tattie Scones RRN

Posts : 1721
Join date : 2011-05-24
Age : 43
Location : Scottish Rugby Purgatory

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by lostinwales on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 10:53 am

SecretFly wrote:Gove:  'Mr WW3' - according to Clarkie anyway.

"Yes Vladimir............... yes, I understand perfectly. - Yes, I want world peace too. - I do.  I do, Vladimir. - Don't say that, I want peace as much as you do. - I am being honest, Vladimir. - I am. - War doesn't suit me. - Yes, I'd be terrible at war. - Yes, you would; you would win Vladimir. - Yes, that's why I've signed the Peace treaty before you. - Yes, I did. - That's what I was calling to ask you about. - You'll sign it too? - That's good Vladimir, neither of us wants war.  Peace is the only way - Talk soon.  - Bye.  - Yes, bye. - I did say Bye. - I just said it - Bye Vladimir


................... Nuke the bastarde, please Theresa.

Still looking after those precious bodily fluids fly?

lostinwales

Posts : 8389
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by Coxy001 on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 10:59 am

Tattie Scones RRN wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:
Tattie Scones RRN wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Sterling hit a new low against the dollar earlier. Good thing it has stabilised though, so there is nothing to worry about. Global Britannia!

Yup it's all positive positive positive at the moment! BoE "the predicted outcomes of a Brexit vote are crystallising". And to think nothing has actually changed... It's going to go so completely and utterly Pete Tong once A50 (abreviating it now as I can't even type let alone talk about it) gets invoked.

I'm going to start a petition that once the economy reaches 3rd world levels every man and women who voted Leave should be put in front of a firing squad.

Here's an idea, why don't you do us all a favour and feic off permanently to mainland Europe then.

Not sure why you're shouting anti-immigrant tosh at a non-immigrant.

You're not a bright little chap are you.

You're obviously a dimwit who is unable to see the irony behind my comment. Makes sense based on your posting history on this subject.

Coxy001

Posts : 1816
Join date : 2014-11-10

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by SecretFly on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 11:00 am

lostinwales wrote:

Still looking after those precious bodily fluids fly?

thumbsup Gotta protect those precious fluids, Lost. The EU has obviously dehydrated Gove, thus why he's agin' 'em Euroskis.

SecretFly

Posts : 30380
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by Guest on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 11:02 am

Tattie Scones RRN wrote:
SecretFly wrote:I love the Financial Times reports every morning on this thread.  

A little mad in delivery but still the numbers squeezing their way through the froth of hate and anger and broodings of revenge.

Kinda like that mad guy who sometimes appears on that morning finance section on BBC News - anyone know who I'm talking about?  He seems to be Aussie or a Kiwi - mad as a sack of Europhile cats - forever gesticulating, shuffling and throwing out wild and whacky mannerisms as he talks about Dow Jones and Mrs Footsie.

If anyone knows his name, please share it.

Scaremongering McScaremongeringface?
No that's Mad Bob McWavyhands...isn't Dow Jones playing instead of Aaron Ramsey tonight?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by Coxy001 on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 11:04 am

I think we're past scaremongering when you've got financial institutions freezing investors out from withdrawing funds. The BoE saying that those irrelevant forecasts on the economy are in fact becoming true. The value of the £ is at a 31 year low having fallen off a cliff. Osbourne cutting corporation tax in a desperate attempt to keep businesses here. Etc. Etc.

But yes this is all nonsense from experts who we've "had enough of". No... wait... this is real life and real economic signals.

Those still sat on the "this is scaremongering" side will probably still be claiming it's just scaremongering when they get made redundant.

Coxy001

Posts : 1816
Join date : 2014-11-10

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by Tattie Scones RRN on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 11:04 am

Coxy001 wrote:
Tattie Scones RRN wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:
Tattie Scones RRN wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Sterling hit a new low against the dollar earlier. Good thing it has stabilised though, so there is nothing to worry about. Global Britannia!

Yup it's all positive positive positive at the moment! BoE "the predicted outcomes of a Brexit vote are crystallising". And to think nothing has actually changed... It's going to go so completely and utterly Pete Tong once A50 (abreviating it now as I can't even type let alone talk about it) gets invoked.

I'm going to start a petition that once the economy reaches 3rd world levels every man and women who voted Leave should be put in front of a firing squad.

Here's an idea, why don't you do us all a favour and feic off permanently to mainland Europe then.

Not sure why you're shouting anti-immigrant tosh at a non-immigrant.

You're not a bright little chap are you.

You're obviously a dimwit who is unable to see the irony behind my comment. Makes sense based on your posting history on this subject.

:laugh:cracker

Tattie Scones RRN

Posts : 1721
Join date : 2011-05-24
Age : 43
Location : Scottish Rugby Purgatory

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by Guest on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 11:12 am

Coxy001 wrote:I think we're past scaremongering when you've got financial institutions freezing investors out from withdrawing funds. The BoE saying that those irrelevant forecasts on the economy are in fact becoming true. The value of the £ is at a 31 year low having fallen off a cliff. Osbourne cutting corporation tax in a desperate attempt to keep businesses here. Etc. Etc.

But yes this is all nonsense from experts who we've "had enough of". No... wait... this is real life and real economic signals.

Those still sat on the "this is scaremongering" side will probably still be claiming it's just scaremongering when they get made redundant.
Probably better to replace everyone in the City with someone who isn't prone to panic. Why is it that medical staff don't start running around like headless chicken in an emergency or a pilot remains calm in a mid-air crisis but these fricktards are running around waving their arms screaming blue bloody murder? You were all laughing and joking when you were casually frittering away the savings of thousands of "ordinary" men and women. Can I suggest herbal tea and a lot less cocaine, chaps?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by SecretFly on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 11:17 am

I'd also suggest people remember that EU threats were never empty ones - the UK would suffer for having the temerity to Leave the Cult.

So is that merely an innocent premonition (like the Fear Professionals all over the world were using up until the vote) or was it a threat that the EU had enough contacts and pals to put into effect the very suffering?

SecretFly

Posts : 30380
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by Tattie Scones RRN on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 11:35 am

Coxy001 wrote:I think we're past scaremongering when you've got financial institutions freezing investors out from withdrawing funds. The BoE saying that those irrelevant forecasts on the economy are in fact becoming true. The value of the £ is at a 31 year low having fallen off a cliff. Osbourne cutting corporation tax in a desperate attempt to keep businesses here. Etc. Etc.

But yes this is all nonsense from experts who we've "had enough of". No... wait... this is real life and real economic signals.

Those still sat on the "this is scaremongering" side will probably still be claiming it's just scaremongering when they get made redundant.

There will be plenty of jobs going when 17.5m men and women are shot dead after your petition cocksy.

Tattie Scones RRN

Posts : 1721
Join date : 2011-05-24
Age : 43
Location : Scottish Rugby Purgatory

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by SecretFly on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 11:38 am

laughing

Unfortunately, they'll all only have skills in counting and reading the Financial Times....

SecretFly

Posts : 30380
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by Guest on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 11:50 am

Can't imagine during the formation of the EU that no-one put up their hand and asked how one went about leaving.

"Leave? LEAVE?!?!?!"

"Yes, I assumed we were joining a consolidated European Market, not the f*cking Mafia!"

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by milkyboy on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 12:02 pm

SecretFly wrote:I'd also suggest people remember that EU threats were never empty ones - the UK would suffer for having the temerity to Leave the Cult.

So is that merely an innocent premonition (like the Fear Professionals all over the world were using up until the vote) or was it a threat that the EU had enough contacts and pals to put into effect the very suffering?

It's better for the eu to have a strong trading partner in the uk... That's the argument given and all being equal it's true.... But

When you're trying to save your institution you need to show that leaving is a disaster.

Which of these two conflicting factors is going to hold sway? In the current climate, the only way to nip mass threats of exodus in the bud is to hang the uk out to dry. Anyone expecting favours is going to be sorely disappointed.

milkyboy

Posts : 7738
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by Coxy001 on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 12:03 pm

SecretFly wrote:laughing

Unfortunately, they'll all only have skills in counting and reading the Financial Times....  

Beats unskilled, uneducated Sun readers.

Coxy001

Posts : 1816
Join date : 2014-11-10

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by rodders on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 12:07 pm

Coxy001 wrote:
SecretFly wrote:laughing

Unfortunately, they'll all only have skills in counting and reading the Financial Times....  

Beats unskilled, uneducated Sun readers.

Well once we kick out the immigrants the uneducated sun readers will be all on 60k plus a year if you believe the brexiteers.
rodders
rodders
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25207
Join date : 2011-05-20
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by milkyboy on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 12:09 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Can't imagine during the formation of the EU that no-one put up their hand and asked how one went about leaving.

"Leave? LEAVE?!?!?!"

"Yes, I assumed we were joining a consolidated European Market, not the f*cking Mafia!"

Assume makes an ass of u and me, Dave.

Besides its very simple, invoke article 50, have a massive bunfight, wake up next to your horses head.

milkyboy

Posts : 7738
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by SecretFly on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 12:15 pm

milkyboy wrote:
SecretFly wrote:I'd also suggest people remember that EU threats were never empty ones - the UK would suffer for having the temerity to Leave the Cult.

So is that merely an innocent premonition (like the Fear Professionals all over the world were using up until the vote) or was it a threat that the EU had enough contacts and pals to put into effect the very suffering?

It's better for the eu to have a strong trading partner in the uk... That's the argument given and all being equal it's true.... But

When you're trying to save your institution you need to show that leaving is a disaster.

Which of these two conflicting factors is going to hold sway? In the current climate, the only way to nip mass threats of exodus in the bud is to hang the uk out to dry. Anyone expecting favours is going to be sorely disappointed.

Precisely, and in my opinion the very reason why such an EU structure is more dangerous than beneficial.  Europe is Europe - the EU is only a structure currently used.  The EU can either become more powerful, be dismantled entirely or modified dramatically, but the UK is still a European Nation of some 60 million potential buyers and sellers.
The main problem through all this is the resistance amongst certain groups/Nations and/or National Leaders to any consideration that the EU is the very entity that is wrong with Europe, not any individual Nation causing a nuisance by wanting to Leave the club.  The structure of the Club is the problem..... and a problem growing.

SecretFly

Posts : 30380
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by SecretFly on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 12:18 pm

rodders wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:
SecretFly wrote:laughing

Unfortunately, they'll all only have skills in counting and reading the Financial Times....  

Beats unskilled, uneducated Sun readers.

Well once we kick out the immigrants the uneducated sun readers will be all on 60k plus a year if you believe the brexiteers.

Oh rodders get with the program. That's much too mild a solution. You're showing too much of your fluffy side there. Coxy's plan is much more resolute.

SecretFly

Posts : 30380
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by lostinwales on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 12:23 pm

rodders wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:
SecretFly wrote:laughing

Unfortunately, they'll all only have skills in counting and reading the Financial Times....  

Beats unskilled, uneducated Sun readers.

Well once we kick out the immigrants the uneducated sun readers will be all on 60k plus a year if you believe the brexiteers.

Yes. Unfortunately 60k will also be the price of a loaf of bread.

lostinwales

Posts : 8389
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by Coxy001 on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 12:24 pm

SecretFly wrote:
rodders wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:
SecretFly wrote:laughing

Unfortunately, they'll all only have skills in counting and reading the Financial Times....  

Beats unskilled, uneducated Sun readers.

Well once we kick out the immigrants the uneducated sun readers will be all on 60k plus a year if you believe the brexiteers.

Oh rodders get with the program.  That's much too mild a solution.  You're showing too much of your fluffy side there.   Coxy's plan is much more resolute.  

I've heard Gove speak too much. Shooting them just isn't viable as by the sounds of the Chilcot report we just wouldn't have enough bullets.

Coxy001

Posts : 1816
Join date : 2014-11-10

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by Guest on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 12:25 pm

At last, light at the end of the tunnel...no more post-Brexit waffle, sadly it's now being replaced by scores of post-Chilcot Report "experts" giving their considered opinion

Oh FFS!!!!!!!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by Coxy001 on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 12:27 pm

DAVE667 wrote:At last, light at the end of the tunnel...no more post-Brexit waffle, sadly it's now being replaced by scores of post-Chilcot Report "experts" giving their considered opinion

Oh FFS!!!!!!!

Has Corbyn called for Blair to be put in jail yet?


Coxy001

Posts : 1816
Join date : 2014-11-10

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by milkyboy on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 12:31 pm

SecretFly wrote:
milkyboy wrote:
SecretFly wrote:I'd also suggest people remember that EU threats were never empty ones - the UK would suffer for having the temerity to Leave the Cult.

So is that merely an innocent premonition (like the Fear Professionals all over the world were using up until the vote) or was it a threat that the EU had enough contacts and pals to put into effect the very suffering?

It's better for the eu to have a strong trading partner in the uk... That's the argument given and all being equal it's true.... But

When you're trying to save your institution you need to show that leaving is a disaster.

Which of these two conflicting factors is going to hold sway? In the current climate, the only way to nip mass threats of exodus in the bud is to hang the uk out to dry. Anyone expecting favours is going to be sorely disappointed.

Precisely, and in my opinion the very reason why such an EU structure is more dangerous than beneficial.  Europe is Europe - the EU is only a structure currently used.  The EU can either become more powerful, be dismantled entirely or modified dramatically, but the UK is still a European Nation of some 60 million potential buyers and sellers.
The main problem through all this is the resistance amongst certain groups/Nations and/or National Leaders to any consideration that the EU is the very entity that is wrong with Europe, not any individual Nation causing a nuisance by wanting to Leave the club.  The structure of the Club is the problem..... and a problem growing.

It's entirely possible to hold that opinion and still think it's lunacy to be the first to leave.

milkyboy

Posts : 7738
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by SecretFly on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 12:35 pm

DAVE667 wrote:At last, light at the end of the tunnel...no more post-Brexit waffle, sadly it's now being replaced by scores of post-Chilcot Report "experts" giving their considered opinion

Oh FFS!!!!!!!

oh Great! Someone put up a Chilcot thread. Brexit is so yesterday's news now.

SecretFly

Posts : 30380
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by Guest on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 12:37 pm

milkyboy wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
milkyboy wrote:
SecretFly wrote:I'd also suggest people remember that EU threats were never empty ones - the UK would suffer for having the temerity to Leave the Cult.

So is that merely an innocent premonition (like the Fear Professionals all over the world were using up until the vote) or was it a threat that the EU had enough contacts and pals to put into effect the very suffering?

It's better for the eu to have a strong trading partner in the uk... That's the argument given and all being equal it's true.... But

When you're trying to save your institution you need to show that leaving is a disaster.

Which of these two conflicting factors is going to hold sway? In the current climate, the only way to nip mass threats of exodus in the bud is to hang the uk out to dry. Anyone expecting favours is going to be sorely disappointed.

Precisely, and in my opinion the very reason why such an EU structure is more dangerous than beneficial.  Europe is Europe - the EU is only a structure currently used.  The EU can either become more powerful, be dismantled entirely or modified dramatically, but the UK is still a European Nation of some 60 million potential buyers and sellers.
The main problem through all this is the resistance amongst certain groups/Nations and/or National Leaders to any consideration that the EU is the very entity that is wrong with Europe, not any individual Nation causing a nuisance by wanting to Leave the club.  The structure of the Club is the problem..... and a problem growing.

It's entirely possible to hold that opinion and still think it's lunacy to be the first to leave.
Trailblazers, Milky...we're trailblazers...come on, let's see where this baby leads us!

As Charlie Higson and Paul Whitehouse used to say on The Fast Show...it's gripped, it's sorted, let's OFF-ROAD!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by SecretFly on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 12:38 pm

milkyboy wrote:

It's entirely possible to hold that opinion and still think it's lunacy to be the first to leave.

Nah, someone has to be first and the UK usually likes being first.  A revolution needs a match.

SecretFly

Posts : 30380
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by Guest on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 12:58 pm

Anyone know if Jamie Oliver has made good on his promise to leave the UK if the Country chose to leave the EU? Wouldn't like to think he'd reneged on his promise and I'd wasted my vote.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by Galted on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 1:02 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Anyone know if Jamie Oliver has made good on his promise to leave the UK if the Country chose to leave the EU?  Wouldn't like to think he'd reneged on his promise and I'd wasted my vote.

Do you know my mate Barry from Birmingham? He used to work in the Po-lice.

PS - Birmingham near Solihull, not the one in Alabama.
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 11357
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : In bed with Ada

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by SecretFly on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 1:05 pm

Jamie has said he's going to write a book on how to make an omelette with some left-over stale bread, two grains of pepper, some oak leaves, three spoonfuls of mown grass and some talc.

Eggs, at 60K a piece, will not be required.

SecretFly

Posts : 30380
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by milkyboy on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 1:07 pm

Brits are gentlemen, we come second

Sorry, let some other principled nations be the trailblazers/sacrificial lambs. Wait for it all to go belly up and feed off the scraps rather than volunteering to be the scraps.

The only scenario where being first out wins in the long run is if the eu collapses anyway soon after. It might, but all a bit high risk and far more likely than any demise is a slow strangle not a swift garrotte.

milkyboy

Posts : 7738
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by rodders on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 1:31 pm

DAVE667 wrote:At last, light at the end of the tunnel...no more post-Brexit waffle, sadly it's now being replaced by scores of post-Chilcot Report "experts" giving their considered opinion

Oh FFS!!!!!!!

Well an interesting parallel between the Iraq invasion and Brexit is the blatantly obvious deception used by politicians in favor of both and the utter stupidity of those who believed it.
rodders
rodders
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25207
Join date : 2011-05-20
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by kingraf on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 1:43 pm

Only African dictators are ever war criminals #Science
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Posts : 16124
Join date : 2012-06-06
Age : 25
Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by lostinwales on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 1:49 pm

kingraf wrote:Only African dictators are ever war criminals #Science

South Americans past their sell by date can also qualify. For all the monumental stupidity of Blair et al over Iraq its occasionally worth mentioning that they had better days. Pinochet didn't go to jail but his reputation was successfully ruined.

lostinwales

Posts : 8389
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by rodders on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 1:53 pm

Amazingly no mention of David Kelly by Chilcott....

rodders
rodders
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25207
Join date : 2011-05-20
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by SecretFly on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 2:09 pm

You've read all the 2million words already, rodders?

Move over JFK, we have a new speed-read champ.

Did Chilcot mention me? I told him there'd be a fiver in it if he did.

SecretFly

Posts : 30380
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by Guest on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 2:17 pm

Galted wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Anyone know if Jamie Oliver has made good on his promise to leave the UK if the Country chose to leave the EU?  Wouldn't like to think he'd reneged on his promise and I'd wasted my vote.

Do you know my mate Barry from Birmingham? He used to work in the Po-lice.

PS - Birmingham near Solihull, not the one in Alabama.
No I only know people who currently work for the Police, Galted, don't be so stupid. Ironically, I do know Barry from Birmingham, Alabama. He's mates with Gary from Halifax, Nova Scotia (I also know Gary)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by rodders on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 2:19 pm

SecretFly wrote:You've read all the 2million words already, rodders?

Move over JFK, we have a new speed-read champ.

Did Chilcot mention me?   I told him there'd be a fiver in it if he did.

Fly if Chilcott concluded that the intelligence Blair presented was inaccurate, but that Blair acted in good faith (trying to keep a straight face here), then by default he is laying blame directly on Kelly, so I'd have thought his name would feature in quite a few of the 2 million words.

The ministry of truth have done a fine job on this one too.
rodders
rodders
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25207
Join date : 2011-05-20
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by Guest on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 2:23 pm

milkyboy wrote:Brits are gentlemen, we come second

Sorry, let some other principled nations be the trailblazers/sacrificial lambs. Wait for it all to go belly up and feed off the scraps rather than volunteering to be the scraps.

The only scenario where being first out wins in the long run is if the eu collapses anyway soon after. It might, but all a bit high risk and far more likely than any demise is a slow strangle not a swift garrotte.
Milky, don't be such a p*ssy(cat). just think how smugly superior we'll look when it proved that the EU in it's current incarnation is inherently flawed and thoroughly unworkable. Then just imagine how superior we'll feel when the remaining member states come crawling for our help to revamp the organization and then imagine how ****ing smug you lot (especially Coxy) will look when they ask for your help after reading all the helpful comments posted on here (as well as the opinion that girl who got fingered behind Aldi that time).

It's a bloody win/win situation

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by Guest on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 2:24 pm

rodders wrote:
SecretFly wrote:You've read all the 2million words already, rodders?

Move over JFK, we have a new speed-read champ.

Did Chilcot mention me?   I told him there'd be a fiver in it if he did.

Fly if Chilcott concluded that the intelligence Blair presented was inaccurate, but that Blair acted in good faith (trying to keep a straight face here), then by default he is laying blame directly on Kelly, so  I'd have thought his name would feature in quite a few of the 2 million words.

The ministry of truth have done a doubleplusgood job on this one too.
Fixed that for you, Rodders

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 6 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum