Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 7:52 pm

Just to balance out you miserable v2wats, thought I'd add somewhere for you to mention things that make you happy.

Waste of time even typing this, you're all grumpy old farts

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin

Posts : 22532
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 30
Location : Wollongong

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by Duty281 on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 7:55 pm

We did have a 'things that make you happy' thread, or something like that, I think Derby started it.

It died due to lack of interest.

Duty281

Posts : 20676
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by Galted on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 8:10 pm

Seeing people miss their train makes me happy.
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 11359
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : In bed with Ada

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by Rowley on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 8:28 pm

Finding old boxing books in second hand books shops makes me happy. I take even greater pleasure in the knowledge I will almost certainly never read the bulk of them.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Posts : 22053
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 46
Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by westisbest on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 8:34 pm

A hot looking woman in a bikini or gym gear.

Aint no better sight. Cool

westisbest

Posts : 7105
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by Electric Demon on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 8:41 pm

Buckaroo

Electric Demon

Posts : 2235
Join date : 2016-02-27

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 8:43 pm

I'll get the party started...

Being able to drive straight home from work and not have to stop off somewhere..

Having a lie in...

Having the house to myself and easy access to my porn collection..

Cold nights so I don't have a sweaty Betty next to me between the sheets..

The in laws going on holiday...

Man City and the Red Sox winning..

Having fruity dreams..Preferably making a young female friend in an exotic location..

Not being treated like a cab driver...

Not having a dog because I hate them and yet I always end up walking the b**tards when the novelty wears off..

My Mark Kostabi art collection..

Weekends...

Eating out...Preferably Italian because I love tucking into balls full of meat..

Mastering looking interested when she's telling me about her day...

Listening to my 70s/80s rock vinyl collection...









TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38643
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by Mad for Chelsea on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 10:39 pm

My wife (nearly all the time), though not sure what she sees in me Very Happy

More generally, having a supportive and loving family, who all get on well with each other, something I'm incredibly grateful for.

Singing in a choir, wonderful feeling Very Happy

The beauty of Mathematics, when you find a particularly neat proof of a result you've been working on for weeks.

Good food Very Happy

Skiing holidays.

Mad for Chelsea

Posts : 12016
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by Mad for Chelsea on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 10:42 pm

Going on long country or mountain walks, enjoying the lovely scenery and the feeling of being close to Nature that it brings.

The kindness of strangers.

Christmas.

Good wine Very Happy

I like this thread Very Happy

Mad for Chelsea

Posts : 12016
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by SecretFly on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 11:25 pm

First off - lying.  Lying makes me happy.  So if this becomes a long list you'll know 80% of it is probably lies.

Hell, even that first one might be a lie.


Anyway.  I like to keep it simple, so here's a few:

Wind.  (No, not that wind the other one that blows through trees on a stormy night.)

Stormy nights

Trees

em, my Gustav Klimt art collection

The exquisite beauty of design in a horse, a shark and an eagle.

Deserts

Film Noire

French Onion soup

Not having or wanting Sky Sports/BT sports etc.  I love that part of me - I'd have hated having to live 24 hours with a fecking sports freak.

Happy that I like playing tennis but absolutely detest watching it.

Silence.

SecretFly

Posts : 30397
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by Mad for Chelsea on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 11:58 pm

Oh forgot about these, thanks SecretFly.

Lying in bed under a warm blanket/duvet listening to heavy rain battering down against the rood or windows.

Also, the relaxing sound of waves breaking onto the shore.

Mad for Chelsea

Posts : 12016
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by SecretFly on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 12:04 am

I read yours Chelsea, you covered a good few of mine too OK

SecretFly

Posts : 30397
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by Derbymanc on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 4:15 am

I did start the last one but in agreement with Dolph, your all miserable gits and let it die :-)

Finding a job i might be good at
Writing, it may take me ages but I tend to think i do okay
Boxing coaching
The ship rocking gently so it sends me to sleep.
The missus and kids coming to visit me at work and me being able to go home for a weekend
Watching my plants grow
Derby beating Forest and watching their board mess up once again (did you know they currently have a ground capacity of 0 :-)

Derbymanc

Posts : 3831
Join date : 2013-10-14
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by lostinwales on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 10:21 am

The smell of kicker* in the morning
It smells like ... Coffee



* Its an espresso blend

lostinwales

Posts : 8408
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by westisbest on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 9:46 pm

Afternoon naps OK

westisbest

Posts : 7105
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by aja424 on Tue 19 Jul 2016, 12:29 am

Hi Derby.
Do you mean the champions of Europe. X2

aja424

Posts : 727
Join date : 2011-03-18
Age : 40
Location : Nottingham

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by aja424 on Tue 19 Jul 2016, 12:30 am

Masturbating.

aja424

Posts : 727
Join date : 2011-03-18
Age : 40
Location : Nottingham

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by Pr4wn on Tue 19 Jul 2016, 7:40 am

A really good coffee
Watching people fail on game shows
Korean food
Travelling!
Toronto
Stepping into an air conditioned room when it's hot and humid outside
Making TopHat be quiet
South Park
Board games with the Mrs

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4938
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 21 Sep 2016, 10:58 pm

It's all lollipops....

My car broke down this morning and my Boss sent a limousine...Shocked

Thank goodness it missed !!... Cool ..

Seriously though I've just found out I'm part of the Company's "group" insurance policy !!...

Yeah...If I get killed in a group my family gets a load of money !! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38643
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by Guest on Thu 22 Sep 2016, 12:46 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:It's all lollipops....

My car broke down this morning and my Boss sent a limousine...Shocked

Thank goodness it missed !!... Cool ..

Seriously though I've just found out I'm part of the Company's  "group" insurance policy !!...

Yeah...If I get killed in a group my family gets a load of money !! Cool
You should try getting killed at an orgy TRUSS, I'm sure she'll have mixed feelings about getting a boat load of cash after hearing how you popped your clogs (hammering at the window whilst screaming, "Please let me join in!")

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 22 Sep 2016, 1:03 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:It's all lollipops....

My car broke down this morning and my Boss sent a limousine...Shocked

Thank goodness it missed !!... Cool ..

Seriously though I've just found out I'm part of the Company's  "group" insurance policy !!...

Yeah...If I get killed in a group my family gets a load of money !! Cool
You should try getting killed at an orgy TRUSS, I'm sure she'll have mixed feelings about getting a boat load of cash after hearing how you popped your clogs (hammering at the window whilst screaming, "Please let me join in!")

Went to one the other night...Just me and 20 women......Ended when they all got tired of screaming out in ecstacy......Shame I was just getting started..

None of them wanted their money back...

One of them made excellent tea....Said she learned how to make it from her husband... cuppa

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38643
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by dyrewolfe on Fri 23 Sep 2016, 12:11 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:It's all lollipops....

My car broke down this morning and my Boss sent a limousine...Shocked

Thank goodness it missed !!... Cool ..

Seriously though I've just found out I'm part of the Company's  "group" insurance policy !!...

Yeah...If I get killed in a group my family gets a load of money !! Cool
You should try getting killed at an orgy TRUSS, I'm sure she'll have mixed feelings about getting a boat load of cash after hearing how you popped your clogs (hammering at the window whilst screaming, "Please let me join in!")

Went to one the other night...Just me and 20 women......Ended when they all got tired of screaming out in ecstacy......Shame I was just getting started..

None of them wanted their money back...

One of them made excellent tea....Said she learned how to make it from her husband... cuppa


It was at this point Truss woke up...



...and had to change the sheets... Run



Stuff that makes me happy:


Online gaming (on those rare occasions the servers aren't infested with troll and morons)
Reading a good book
Being able to work from home when I can't be arsed to go to the office
Watching a nearby thunderstorm at night (or at least when its dark outside)
Watching snow fall, then playing in it (yes, I'm a big kid)
Cycling on crisp, frosty autumn / winter days and getting a nice warm glow (as opposed to getting all sweaty)
Stargazing (got into the habit from the BBC show)
Trying new recipes and actually being able to eat the resulting concoction
Learning new songs on my guitar
Seeing a good live rock / metal gig
Donating to charity (like cycling it gives me a nice warm glow)
Honey-flavoured Jack Daniels (just discovered this)

Plus a lot of stuff already covered (communing with nature, weekends, lie-ins etc.)
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Posts : 6370
Join date : 2011-03-13
Location : Restaurant at the end of the Universe

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by Guest on Fri 23 Sep 2016, 1:03 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:It's all lollipops....

My car broke down this morning and my Boss sent a limousine...Shocked

Thank goodness it missed !!... Cool ..

Seriously though I've just found out I'm part of the Company's  "group" insurance policy !!...

Yeah...If I get killed in a group my family gets a load of money !! Cool
You should try getting killed at an orgy TRUSS, I'm sure she'll have mixed feelings about getting a boat load of cash after hearing how you popped your clogs (hammering at the window whilst screaming, "Please let me join in!")

Went to one the other night...Just me and 20 women......Ended when they all got tired of screaming out in ecstacy......Shame I was just getting started..

None of them wanted their money back...

One of them made excellent tea....Said she learned how to make it from her husband... cuppa


It was at this point Truss woke up...



...and had to change the sheets... Run



Stuff that makes me happy:


Online gaming (on those rare occasions the servers aren't infested with troll and morons)
Reading a good book
Being able to work from home when I can't be arsed to go to the office
Watching a nearby thunderstorm at night (or at least when its dark outside)
Watching snow fall, then playing in it (yes, I'm a big kid)
Cycling on crisp, frosty autumn / winter days and getting a nice warm glow (as opposed to getting all sweaty)
Stargazing (got into the habit from the BBC show)
Trying new recipes and actually being able to eat the resulting concoction
Learning new songs on my guitar
Seeing a good live rock / metal gig
Donating to charity (like cycling it gives me a nice warm glow)
Honey-flavoured Jack Daniels (just discovered this)

Plus a lot of stuff already covered (communing with nature, weekends, lie-ins etc.)
Amen to that brother. Not AMEN the f*cking dreadful wannabe punk/hardcore outfit from a few years ago. Was unfortunate enough to encounter them a few years ago when I blagged an Access All Areas pass for the Damnation Festival. Casey Chaos...what an utter c*nt.

Would also add "discovering a new rock/metal band" to the list.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by ShahenshahG on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 6:30 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/37538199/kim-kardashian-held-at-gunpoint-in-paris-hotel-room

For you Dave

ShahenshahG

Posts : 15637
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 33
Location : The happiest man a morning ever sees

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by SecretFly on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 10:41 am

Dave ....em ain't here today.  He's busy somewhere else.....................


Last edited by SecretFly on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total

SecretFly

Posts : 30397
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by Derbymanc on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 11:10 am

Watching the kids play anddo well at rugby

Derbymanc

Posts : 3831
Join date : 2013-10-14
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by SecretFly on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 11:13 am

Well that's the alibi, yes.... Whistle

SecretFly

Posts : 30397
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 2:50 pm

Jamie Oliver...........Have this contempt for anybody who feels they have the right to tell other Parents how to bring up their kids.....

Sorry Jamie the perfect Parent doesn't exist mate...You'll have to try harder !!....

Not a fan..


TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38643
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 2:53 pm

Sorry wrong thread.. Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38643
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by SecretFly on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 3:00 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Jamie Oliver...........Have this contempt for anybody who feels they have the right to tell other Parents how to bring up their kids.....

Sorry Jamie the perfect Parent doesn't exist mate...You'll have to try harder !!....

Not a fan..


The State tells you to send them to prison for 17 or 18 years where they must sit in lines obediently for hours on end listening to boring schidts, who weren't skilled enough to get adult jobs, tell them how to think, act and conform to acceptable social norms....

Put the State on your list too Truss Wink

SecretFly

Posts : 30397
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by Pr4wn on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 3:07 pm

He's right though... And he's not telling. He's advising.

It's good advice and, considering the stats regarding childhood obesity in the UK, it's advice that more people should listen to.

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4938
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by navyblueshorts on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 3:13 pm

SecretFly wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Jamie Oliver...........Have this contempt for anybody who feels they have the right to tell other Parents how to bring up their kids.....

Sorry Jamie the perfect Parent doesn't exist mate...You'll have to try harder !!....

Not a fan..


The State tells you to send them to prison for 17 or 18 years where they must sit in lines obediently for hours on end listening to boring schidts, who weren't skilled enough to get adult jobs, tell them how to think, act and conform to acceptable social norms....

Put the State on your list too Truss Wink
picard I thought (although I don't know why) that you were brighter than to peddle lazy and stupid bollox like that. Clearly, I was very wrong.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8168
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 3:20 pm

Pr4wn wrote:He's right though... And he's not telling. He's advising.

It's good advice and, considering the stats regarding childhood obesity in the UK, it's advice that more people should listen to.

All people that feed their kids chips are scum ??

You agree with lazy stereotyping like that..........The guy is very pompous and arrogant..

When he is the perfect Dad he can lecture the rest of us..

Could be a long wait..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38643
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by Mad for Chelsea on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 3:23 pm

This is the guy who fed his kids apple slices rubbed in chilli when they annoyed him, right? Sounds like a lovely parent I'm sure... Having said that, while he comes across as somewhat evangelical on the subject of childhood obesity, his crusade has helped raise awareness for what is a pretty serious problem. Shame the government is too scared of the lobbyists to act of course...

Mad for Chelsea

Posts : 12016
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by SecretFly on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 3:27 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Jamie Oliver...........Have this contempt for anybody who feels they have the right to tell other Parents how to bring up their kids.....

Sorry Jamie the perfect Parent doesn't exist mate...You'll have to try harder !!....

Not a fan..


The State tells you to send them to prison for 17 or 18 years where they must sit in lines obediently for hours on end listening to boring schidts, who weren't skilled enough to get adult jobs, tell them how to think, act and conform to acceptable social norms....

Put the State on your list too Truss Wink
picard I thought (although I don't know why) that you were brighter than to peddle lazy and stupid bollox like that. Clearly, I was very wrong.

You always had a very low opinion of me, navy. So don't let's be coy. I acted just as you knew a guy like me would act. And I'm glad to be of service in allowing you yet another opportunity to peddle those withering put-downs of yours.

SecretFly

Posts : 30397
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by Pr4wn on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 3:38 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:He's right though... And he's not telling. He's advising.

It's good advice and, considering the stats regarding childhood obesity in the UK, it's advice that more people should listen to.

All people that feed their kids chips are scum ??

You agree with lazy stereotyping like that..........The guy is very pompous and arrogant..

When he is the perfect Dad he can lecture the rest of us..

Could be a long wait..

Ummm... when did anyone say that "All people that feed their kids chips are scum"?

Nobody is stereotyping here. He recommends that many parents change their kids' diets. It's absolutely necessary, the childhood obesity stats speak for themselves.

Sounds like you're a bit insecure about this bloke, Truss.

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4938
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by Pr4wn on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 3:40 pm

SecretFly wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Jamie Oliver...........Have this contempt for anybody who feels they have the right to tell other Parents how to bring up their kids.....

Sorry Jamie the perfect Parent doesn't exist mate...You'll have to try harder !!....

Not a fan..


The State tells you to send them to prison for 17 or 18 years where they must sit in lines obediently for hours on end listening to boring schidts, who weren't skilled enough to get adult jobs, tell them how to think, act and conform to acceptable social norms....

Put the State on your list too Truss Wink
picard I thought (although I don't know why) that you were brighter than to peddle lazy and stupid bollox like that. Clearly, I was very wrong.

You always had a very low opinion of me, navy.  So don't let's be coy.  I acted just as you knew a guy like me would act.  And I'm glad to be of service in allowing you yet another opportunity to peddle those withering put-downs of yours.

Maybe if you didn't write such vacuous nonsense the rest of us could enjoy this site a little more.

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4938
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by ShahenshahG on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 3:48 pm

Don't take him so seriously Prawn. He says a lot of theoretical sh*t and in theory he usually has half a point but practically he uses it to wind you up.

ShahenshahG

Posts : 15637
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 33
Location : The happiest man a morning ever sees

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by SecretFly on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 3:50 pm

Pr4wn wrote:

Maybe if you didn't write such vacuous nonsense the rest of us could enjoy this site a little more.

Bullsh*t Pr4wn.

I'm the block that's stopping a bunch of grown men enjoying a site?  Because I said Sanders was a hypocrite?

Dear God.  What a crazy world.

BTW - the lines about school stand.  An antiquated entity from the past still doing the rounds in the 21st century and trying to market itself as 'best practice'.  It isn't, and the whole concept of how we educate our children from ground up to college (and even indeed through college) needs a revolutionary change of focus.  Horse and cart stuff in an age of quantum mechanics and the internet.

But I guess the conventionalists who hate the idea of change will rubbish the notion. 'Don't ridicule school!  Some of us are teachers!'

SecretFly

Posts : 30397
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by Pr4wn on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 3:56 pm

SecretFly wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:

Maybe if you didn't write such vacuous nonsense the rest of us could enjoy this site a little more.

Bullsh*t Pr4wn.

I'm the block that's stopping a bunch of grown men enjoying a site?  Because I said Sanders was a hypocrite?

Dear God.  What a crazy world.

BTW - the lines about school stand.  An antiquated entity from the past still doing the rounds in the 21st century and trying to market itself as 'best practice'.  It isn't, and the whole concept of how we educate our children from ground up to college (and even indeed through college) needs a revolutionary change of focus.  Horse and cart stuff in an age of quantum mechanics and the internet.

But I guess the conventionalists who hate the idea of change will rubbish the notion. 'Don't ridicule school!  Some of us are teachers!'

"Enjoy the site a little more" doesn't suggest we're not enjoying it at all. Quit the hyperbole.

And the rest.... eh? You're obviously way too clever for me. Rolling Eyes

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4938
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 4:00 pm

Pr4wn wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:He's right though... And he's not telling. He's advising.

It's good advice and, considering the stats regarding childhood obesity in the UK, it's advice that more people should listen to.

All people that feed their kids chips are scum ??

You agree with lazy stereotyping like that..........The guy is very pompous and arrogant..

When he is the perfect Dad he can lecture the rest of us..

Could be a long wait..

Ummm... when did anyone say that "All people that feed their kids chips are scum"?

Nobody is stereotyping here. He recommends that many parents change their kids' diets. It's absolutely necessary, the childhood obesity stats speak for themselves.

Sounds like you're a bit insecure about this bloke, Truss.

You can speculate about the latter .......As for the former ....Certainly sounds like stereotyping to me.....I was quoting Oliver...


Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38643
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by SecretFly on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 4:02 pm

I'm not meaning to be clever, 4.  I'm meaning to have an opinion.  Opinions is what makes this site and especially this section "Off Topic" function?  No?

Your problem is that your responses, to just about everything and everyone comes with oodles of hot and angry tone attached.  Why don't you be a man of your word and at least truly enjoy the site.  It seems to agitate you more than anything else, all of it - not just me.

SecretFly

Posts : 30397
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 4:04 pm

Not much sunshine on here at the moment..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38643
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by SecretFly on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 4:08 pm

sorry folks... but Truss started it when he brought his grumbles to the wrong thread! Cool

I'm innocent of all charges, M'Lord

SecretFly

Posts : 30397
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 4:10 pm

I'm pleading the fifth like Hillary..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38643
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by Pr4wn on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 4:10 pm

Nice to know you care so much about my feelings, Fly.

I do love this site, hence me being a moderator and a user since it was created. I love the chat, particularly in this Off Topic section and, while debate can get heated at times, I feel I've got a good relationship with the vast majority of users on this site. Take Truss for example, we've had plenty of arguments about all sorts but it's fine. We get along just fine, despite our differences in opinion.

Truss has strong opinions, as do I. He posts his (ellipses and all!) and I argue. It's great.

Unfortunately, Fly, nobody cares about the tripe that you post. That's the problem that I have. Literally nobody cares, yet you persist with these bizarre posts, desperately trying to seem clever.

But you're right, I shouldn't let that kind of senseless waffle get me down. I'll just ignore it from now on. Hopefully you'll just go away on your own.

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4938
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by SecretFly on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 4:13 pm

I hate chefs with a passion!

............... but, I do like Jamie. He makes nice untidy food that doesn't make a pretentious fuss about itself and always looks, to me at least, scrumptiously edible.


SecretFly

Posts : 30397
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by SecretFly on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 4:20 pm

Pr4wn wrote:

Unfortunately, Fly, nobody cares about the tripe that you post. That's the problem that I have. Literally nobody cares, yet you persist with these bizarre posts, desperately trying to seem clever.


You see?

What's the need for that? Why so personally insulting?

Because you have latent anger and hate issues, that's why. You care TOO MUCH what I say - that's your problem, Pr4. You're much too sensitive to words on a page typed by someone you'll never know. Incidently, dramatically few of my posts are ever personally directed at you or many other people, and rarely personally insulting but at subjects discussed on this site. That's the game. Opinions on things.

Yet, I have you pop up now when I'm addressing other people and popping your few cents worth my way simply because you don't like my views on life (and believe me, you're more than smart enough to have found them in amongst my flowery bullschidt Wink )

SecretFly

Posts : 30397
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by Guest on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 4:32 pm

SecretFly is one of my guilty pleasures on here. Granted I don't fully understand all the inane ramblings but the little I do makes me chuckle. However...

I have mentioned my dislike of Oliver before as personally I don't think a "squoosh" of something is an adequate tool of measurement. Pounds and ounces or grammes and kilos, you f*cking mockney cockney c*nt.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by navyblueshorts on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 4:48 pm

DAVE667 wrote:...personally I don't think a "squoosh" of something is an adequate tool of measurement...
Laugh To be fair, I have to agree with you there.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8168
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy Empty Re: Sunshine, lollipops and...things that make you happy

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum