Post by wayne on Wed 13 Jul 2016, 8:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

Rugby Management and Squad for 16/17
Head Coach Steve Tandy
Backs Gruff Rees
Forwards Chris Gibbes
Defence Brad Davis
Backs.
Dan Evans 3,     Jeff Hassler 2,     Dafydd Howells 2,     Ashley Beck 2,     Owen Watkin 3,     Kieron Fonotia 2,    Ben John 2,     Tom Habberfield 3,     Rhys Webb NDC 3?,     Dan Biggar NDC 3,     Eli Walker 1,     Josh Matavesi 2,     Tom Grabham 1,      Brendon Leonard 2,     Sam Davies 1,      Hanno Dirksen 1, Keelan Giles 3   
Forwards.
Olly Cracknell 2,     Lloyd Ashley3,     Bradley Davies NDC 3,      Joe Bearman 1,     Gareth Thomas 3,     Hugh Gustafson 2,     Adam Beard 3,     Scott Otten 3,     AWJ NDC 3,     Dan Baker NDC 3,     Rory Thornton NDC 3,     Scott Baldwin NDC 3,     James King NDC 2,     Ma'afu Fia 2,     Nicky Smith 3,     Dmitri Arhip 2,     Justin Tipuric 4,     Sam Parry 2,     Tyler Ardron 1,     Paul James 2,     Dan Suter 1,    Rhodri Jones 2, and Sam Underhill 2 but on permit from Bridgend RFC.
Fixture list for 16/17    
2/9   Zebre                                         H                        Guinness                   W 59-5
10/9 Connacht                                    A                        Guinness                   W 32-11
17/9 Treviso                                       H                         Guinness                   W 64-10
23/9 Leinster                                      A                         Guinness                   L  19-31  
1/10 Ulster                                        A                          Guinness                   L  7-9
7/10 Blues                                         H                          Guinness                   W  46-24
14/15/16 London I                              H                           BIC                          L  14-25
14/10 Newcastle Falcons                      H                          RCC2                       W  45-0
21/22/23 Cornish Pirates                       A                           BIC                          L  5-41
22/10 Lyon Olympique                          A                          RCC2                       W  31-13
29/10 NGD                                        H                            W                         W   35-15    
4/11 Munster                                    A                           Guinness
11/11 Harlequins                               TBC                        AWC
18/11 Blues                                      A                           AWC
25/11 Glasgow W                               A                          Guinness
2/12 Edinburgh                                  H                          Guinness
9/10/11-12 Connacht                         TBC                       BIC
16/17/18-12 Connacht                        TBC                       BIC
27/12 Scarlets                                   H                          Guinness
1/1 NGD                                           A                           Guinness
6/7/8-1 Connacht                              H                           Guinness
13/14/15-1 Cornish P                         TBC                        BIC
21/1 London I                                   TBC                        BIC
28/1 Bristol                                      TBC                        AWC
5/2 Wasps                                        A                           AWC
10/11/12-2 Zebre                              A                           Guinness
17/18/19-2 Munster                           H                           Guinness
24/25/26-2 Glasgow W                       H                            Guinness
3/4/5-3 Edinburgh                             A                            Guinness
24/25/26-3 Treviso                            A                            Guinness
7/8/9-4 Leinster                                H                            Guinness
15/4 Blues                                        A                            Guinness
28/29/30-4 Ulster                              H                            Guinness
6/5 Scarlets                                     A                            Guinness
Will add RCC2 matches when they've been finalised.
Contrary to popular belief some of the Guinness League games will be affected by the Autumn Internationals, our players will be with TW when we play the Dragons, Munster and Glasgow Warriors, the first 2 because of the 13 day call up period and the Warriors because of the infernal 4th game which this year is against SA, and to think some people think everything is hunkydory now that Dodger Lewis has left his legacy rolls on.               
The number after each player signifies how many years they have left on their Ospreys contract, there are a few others who are on either Development Contracts or appear not to be under contract, Jonathon Spratt, Jordan Collier, and Alex Jeffries and a few others come into that category.
Our first 5 games of the season account for the 2 Italians at home and 3 Irish, Connacht, Ulster and Leinster away, so we shouldn't have as bad a start as last season, but not as good as the previous seasons start, in certain positions especially during International periods we are only 1 or 2 injuries away from disaster, and I just hope Steve has learned his selection mistakes from the last few seasons.

Last edited by wayne on Mon 07 Nov 2016, 9:25 pm; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : Altering Justin Tipuric's Tenure)

wayne

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 16/17 season thread

Post by wayne on Mon 19 Sep 2016, 3:36 pm

wayne wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:Ah well, that's a shame.

how are we stocked for out and out full backs in Wales ?

Liam Williams
Leigh Halfpenny
Dan Evans
Dan Fish
Matthew Morgan

Am I missing anybody ? Of those listed above, I suppose only two are deemed good enough for international.

Gareth Anscombe probably

I would also have Hallam Amos ahead of your bottom 3

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais on Mon 19 Sep 2016, 3:41 pm

wayne wrote:I would also have Hallam Amos ahead of your bottom 3

Is he a fullback or wing ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais on Mon 19 Sep 2016, 3:42 pm

On another note, Keelan Giles took his chance on Saturday, don't you think ?

Yes I know it was Treviso and Ospreys had the result in the bag, but he was given his chance and he grabbed it with both hands.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne on Mon 19 Sep 2016, 4:26 pm

LordDowlais wrote:On another note, Keelan Giles took his chance on Saturday, don't you think ?

Yes I know it was Treviso and Ospreys had the result in the bag, but he was given his chance and he grabbed it with both hands.
Yes he did very well and it looked even better on the box than there as you could see the whole line in front of him, 2 excellent steps and then GAS.
Unless it is because of Gatland/Howley insistence, I don't see him in the squad for well over a month now, some tough games coming up, it will be Eli and Jeff starting predominately with Ben John or Dafydd Howells covering the outside backs. We HAVE to be careful with Keelan IMO.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais on Mon 19 Sep 2016, 4:41 pm

wayne wrote:it will be Eli and Jeff starting

I already think Keelan Giles is better than Eli Walker. Jeff Hassler is something else though, he does not do sidesteps, he just runs at people, he is worth the ticket price alone.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne on Mon 19 Sep 2016, 6:37 pm

[quote="LordDowlais"]

I already think Keelan Giles is better than Eli Walker. Jeff Hassler is something else though, he does not do sidesteps, he just runs at people, he is worth the ticket price alone.[/quote
Lord, he is getting a cult following by us, the totally different types of tries by our right wingers Hassler and Giles can only benefit us in the long term, I also thought Dafydd Howells's try was pretty good, he had very little time to decide how to score, if he had run along the ground into that corner he wouldn't have scored he would have been hammered, let me tell you Cuthbert wouldn't have scored.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia on Mon 19 Sep 2016, 11:09 pm

wayne wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

I already think Keelan Giles is better than Eli Walker. Jeff Hassler is something else though, he does not do sidesteps, he just runs at people, he is worth the ticket price alone.[/quote
Lord, he is getting a cult following by us, the totally different types of tries by our right wingers Hassler and Giles can only benefit us in the long term, I also thought Dafydd Howells's try was pretty good, he had very little time to decide how to score, if he had run along the ground into that corner he wouldn't have scored he would have been hammered, let me tell you Cuthbert wouldn't have scored.  

He's the Canadian version of the Honeybadger

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 9:29 am

I think there's three Canadians currently playing in Wales - each have been excellent for their teams after we were told on here that they were a waste, were blocking players in the premiership, etc.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 10:34 am

mikey, we all get things wrong in hindsight.

Didn't you dedicate a whole thread to Ospreys being the worst side in Wales once ? We all know how that one went don't we ? Very Happy

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 10:55 am

I've gone over my posting history and I can't find that one? BTW there's probably a thousand examples of you being shown up to be ignorant and incorrect across the forum, so maybe you should keep things on the lowdown Wink.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by international198 on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 1:51 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Ah well, that's a shame.

how are we stocked for out and out full backs in Wales ?

Liam Williams
Leigh Halfpenny
Dan Evans
Dan Fish
Matthew Morgan

Am I missing anybody ? Of those listed above, I suppose only two are deemed good enough for international.

You're missing Rhys Patchell, Hallam Amos and Rhun Williams.

international198

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 2:46 pm

Rhun Williams? He's barely even played for the Blues yet!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by international198 on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 4:55 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Rhun Williams? He's barely even played for the Blues yet!

Yes Rhun Williams, he was great for the U20s. I'm sure he'll be a superstar in a few years time, if not a few months time, if not a few weeks.

international198

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 5:08 pm

Jordan Williams was great for the Under-20s too, lots of players are, but they don't all go on to senior honours.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 8:02 pm

For Friday nights game against Leinster Steve Tandy has some very tough decisions to make.
15) Dan Evans or Sam Davies 14) Jeff Hassler or Keelan Giles 13 & 12) Ben John, Josh Matavesi or Ashley Beck 11) Eli Walker or Dafydd Howells
10) Dan Biggar or Sam Davies 9) Rhys Webb 1) Nicky Smith or Paul James 2) Scott Baldwin or Sam Parry 3) Dmitri Arhip 4) BBBD 5) AWJ 6) James King or Olly Cracknell 7) Justin Tipuric 8) Tyler Ardron, James King or Dan Baker.

There is a lot of talk around our chances of playing Dan Biggar and Sam Davies as alternate first receivers, which could be the perfect scenario for keeping both of these players long term, a number of times last season Josh Matavesi was found out defensively due to rushing out of the line, even though none of this has happened this season, I'm not being serious about Hassler Giles debate I would be astounded to see young Keelan for the next month or so, if as I expect Tandy goes for Dan Evans at 15 the 10 position is extremely intriguing, I think he would go for Biggs, but he has only had 30 or so minutes, is it enough to start against Leinster? Tough choices to make at 1 & 2.
I think the first players named in each position is what Tandy would pick, I would possibly pick a couple of the 2nd choices in that list.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 9:31 pm

Just to add Marius Mitrea is the Ref for this match with 2 other Italians assisting, and 2 Irish.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 9:32 pm

Big test coming up for your boys. I reckon Biggar, AWJ and Davies will start and the rest of the team unchanged. Beck on the bench perhaps.
Does anyone think that Lloyd Ashley has bulked up a bit? He looked bigger when I seen him on tv.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 10:07 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Big test coming up for your boys. I reckon Biggar, AWJ and Davies will start and the rest of the team unchanged. Beck on the bench perhaps.
Does anyone think that Lloyd Ashley has bulked up a bit? He looked bigger when I seen him on tv.

Mikey, it is always tough out there expect no difference this week, as for Ashley, he had a month or so off last season and put on over half a stone and was according to the website 18st 3lb, now on the website he is down to 17st 13lb so no he hasn't bulked up, but with the class around him he played very well IMO, and didn't look out of place there, which I expected he would

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 10:11 pm

Three tough games next so we'll probably see full strength teams in all of them, injuries permitting. I'd go..
Smith, Parry, Arhip, Ashley/BD, AWJ,King,Tips, Ardron
Webb, Biggar, Walker,Josh, John/Beck,Hass, Evans.

All well and good getting bps against the Italians at home. The Ospreys will be judged over the next 3 games to see how we'll go this season..

Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne on Wed 21 Sep 2016, 9:49 am

Breadvan wrote:Three tough games next so we'll probably see full strength teams in all of them, injuries permitting. I'd go..
Smith, Parry, Arhip, Ashley/BD, AWJ,King,Tips, Ardron
Webb, Biggar, Walker,Josh, John/Beck,Hass, Evans.

All well and good getting bps against the Italians at home. The Ospreys will be judged over the next 3 games to see how we'll go this season..
Breadvan, practically all of that I can agree with, where we disagree is your picking of Ashley as a viable option to BD, if Tandy has him in the 23 for this game, I will believe he has learned absolutely nothing from last season, don't get me wrong I thought Lloyd had a very good game last week as I put earlier in this thread and proved me wrong, but as you acknowledge above it was only Treviso, not Leinster who we are playing this weekend, if the 3 locks in the 23 are not AWJ, BBBD and Thornton it will be a travesty, I also think from your team it will be very tight for the 1 and 2 positions, it would not surprise me if it wasn't James and Baldwin, but any 2 from those 4 wouldn't seriously weaken our team.
As for your final paragraph what would you find an acceptable total number of points for those 3 matches, I've given my figures earlier in this thread. Just to add we accumulated 5 points in last years corresponding fixtures, 4 against the Blues and one out in Dublin.

Last edited by wayne on Wed 21 Sep 2016, 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To add final sentence)

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne on Wed 21 Sep 2016, 4:45 pm

After the news earlier this week that the Anglo Welsh home games will be played at St.Helens and the Brewery Field, it was announced that the B&I Cup home games would be played at the Talbot Athletic Ground, (Aberavon) the Gnoll, (Neath) Llynfi Road (Maesteg) good to see these development games are spread around Ospreylia.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne on Thu 22 Sep 2016, 12:22 pm

Ospreys team to play Leinster tomorrow is as follows
15 Sam Davies, 14 Jeff Hassler, 13 Ashley Beck, 12 Josh Matavesi, 11 Ben John, 10 Dan Biggar, 9 Rhys Webb, 1Paul James, 2 Scott Baldwin, 3 Dmitri Arhip, 4 Lloyd Ashley, 5 AWJ, 6 James King 7) Justin Tipuric, 8 Tyler Ardron with Sam Parry, Nicky Smith, Ma'afu Fia, BBBD, Dan Baker, Tom Habberfield, Dafydd Howells and Dan Evans on the bench.
Eli Walker is left out because his partner is expecting their baby, and WTF is Lloyd Ashley there he shouldn't be in the 23 when BBBD is on the bench and Rory Thornton not even picked.
Congratulations to AWJ on his 200th performance for us and also to Jeff Hassler on his 50th. Alun Wyn joins Duncan Jones and Andrew Bishop to that milestone, probably the greatest Osprey fantastic servant for Region and Country.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais on Thu 22 Sep 2016, 3:37 pm

Whats the twitter thing AWJ has got going wayne ? I am not on twitter but everybody seems to be on about AWJ and twitter.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam on Thu 22 Sep 2016, 4:09 pm

Think its AWJ starring in many Chuck Norris style tweets

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais on Thu 22 Sep 2016, 4:15 pm

Laugh

A bit like the Sam Warburton thing on twitter, when people were saying things like, he does not do push ups, he pushes the earth downwards and all that, and superman has Sam Warburton on his chest.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder on Thu 22 Sep 2016, 5:25 pm

I've heard those jokes about Paul O'Connell before,they're funny but they belong to Chuck Norris.He earned them.

Oh yeah forgot what I came in to post about.

LEINSTER (Leinster caps in brackets):

15. Zane Kirchner (68)
14. Isa Nacewa CAPTAIN (150)
13. Garry Ringrose (25)
12. Noel Reid (62)
11. Dave Kearney (105)
10. Johnny Sexton (126)
9. Luke McGrath (53)
1. Cian Healy (156)
2. Sean Cronin (115)
3. Tadhg Furlong (53)
4. Devin Toner (182)
5. Mick Kearney (10)
6. Jordi Murphy (83)
7. Josh van der Flier (27)
8. Jamie Heaslip (218)

16. James Tracy (18)
17. Jack McGrath (96)
18. Mike Ross (137)
19. Ross Molony (26)
20. Rhys Ruddock (113)
21. Dan Leavy (16)
22. Jamison Gibson-Park (3)
23. Joey Carbery (4)

We're gunning for your pack by the looks of things.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne on Thu 22 Sep 2016, 6:45 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Whats the twitter thing AWJ has got going wayne ? I am not on twitter but everybody seems to be on about AWJ and twitter.
Lord I'm also not on twitter but I would suggest it has something to do with what I posted above about AWJ.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne on Thu 22 Sep 2016, 6:49 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:I've heard those jokes about Paul O'Connell before,they're funny but they belong to Chuck Norris.He earned them.

Oh yeah forgot what I came in to post about.

LEINSTER (Leinster caps in brackets):

15. Zane Kirchner (68)
14. Isa Nacewa CAPTAIN (150)
13. Garry Ringrose (25)
12. Noel Reid (62)
11. Dave Kearney (105)
10. Johnny Sexton (126)
9. Luke McGrath (53)
1. Cian Healy (156)
2. Sean Cronin (115)
3. Tadhg Furlong (53)
4. Devin Toner (182)
5. Mick Kearney (10)
6. Jordi Murphy (83)
7. Josh van der Flier (27)
8. Jamie Heaslip (218)

16. James Tracy (18)
17. Jack McGrath (96)
18. Mike Ross (137)
19. Ross Molony (26)
20. Rhys Ruddock (113)
21. Dan Leavy (16)
22. Jamison Gibson-Park (3)
23. Joey Carbery (4)

We're gunning for your pack by the looks of things.
Yeh it looks like it, even with a 6-2 split on the bench

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon on Sat 24 Sep 2016, 1:29 pm

Fonotia on the scoresheet for Tasman today as they beat Hawke's Bay away from home. TBP it was too.

I think it's a conference system? I'm not entirely sure how that works, but Tasman don't look as if they're threatening atm: http://www.mitre10cup.co.nz/Fixtures/Standings

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne on Sat 24 Sep 2016, 2:01 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Fonotia on the scoresheet for Tasman today as they beat Hawke's Bay away from home. TBP it was too.

I think it's a conference system? I'm not entirely sure how that works, but Tasman don't look as if they're threatening atm: http://www.mitre10cup.co.nz/Fixtures/Standings
Yeh Mikey I think it is a conference style system, I don't think and hope they don't qualify for the S/F as that will allow him to get here 2 weeks earlier, he should make a decent difference from what I seen of him in Super Rugby, but I don't think that position was our problem last night, even though it could well be next weekend with the centres at Ulsters disposal.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon on Sat 24 Sep 2016, 2:09 pm

It doesn't look like you're short of good centre's at the moment. This guy can play wing right? You could do with some cover there.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne on Sat 24 Sep 2016, 2:25 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:It doesn't look like you're short of good centre's at the moment. This guy can play wing right? You could do with some cover there.
Yes apparently he does, Eli should be available next week and I thought if the final pass had not been forward Dafydd Howells could have got us an undeserved 2 points last night, as I think he had a pretty clear run in from what I could see. We should be playing either of those instead of John next week, whether they will be enough to stop the Ulster wingers is another matter.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais on Sun 25 Sep 2016, 6:43 pm

Oh well, the wheels came off on Friday, I just hope that it does not take the wind out of Ospreys sails. Tyler Ardron struggled against decent opposition, and I though Dan Baker was head and shoulders better when he came on.

Also, what were they thinking playing a 10 at 15 when you had a perfectly decent 15 in the team ?

Ultimately though, the game was lost when Isa Necewa conned the ref into given Arhip a yellow. Ospreys finished stronger, they just had too much to do, and got punished when down to 14. It left a bitter taste seeing Necewa play act like that. There is no place for it in rugby.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne on Sun 25 Sep 2016, 7:24 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Oh well, the wheels came off on Friday, I just hope that it does not take the wind out of Ospreys sails. Tyler Ardron struggled against decent opposition, and I though Dan Baker was head and shoulders better when he came on.

Also, what were they thinking playing a 10 at 15 when you had a perfectly decent 15 in the team ?

Ultimately though, the game was lost when Isa Necewa conned the ref into given Arhip a yellow. Ospreys finished stronger, they just had too much to do, and got punished when down to 14. It left a bitter taste seeing Necewa play act like that. There is no place for it in rugby.

Lord, Daimitri was given the yellow for accumulated penalties which unfortunately was entirely warranted, his action was not malicious but did catch Nacewa and deserved a penalty. We got what we deserved as Tandy said post match.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB on Mon 26 Sep 2016, 10:21 am

Big game for them against Ulster this weekend. That'll be a yardstick. If they get thumped there then Tandy should be further under pressure.

That said, it should then be an easy four points for them in the game after.

PhilBB

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Mon 26 Sep 2016, 10:31 am

wayne wrote:
Lord Dowlais wrote:Ultimately though, the game was lost when Isa Necewa conned the ref into given Arhip a yellow. Ospreys finished stronger, they just had too much to do, and got punished when down to 14. It left a bitter taste seeing Necewa play act like that. There is no place for it in rugby.

Lord, Daimitri was given the yellow for accumulated penalties which unfortunately was entirely warranted, his action was not malicious but did catch Nacewa and deserved a penalty. We got what we deserved as Tandy said post match.

Exactly.

Last edited by Luckless Pedestrian on Wed 28 Sep 2016, 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne on Wed 28 Sep 2016, 9:54 am

Well it's Ulster this weekend, probably the toughest game we could have had at this stage of the season, according to the Ulster boys on their season topic Olding, McCloskey and Marshall are out but those small blessings are totally blown out of the water when they can put out the likes of Piennar, Jackson, Piatau, Cave, Ludik, Gilroy/Trimble/Bowe and Payne. Trimble, Bowe and Tuohy apparently those 3 could be available for this weekend, unless we select our best 23 and the best 15 named first with the rest of the 23 with players of undoubted quality we could take a drubbing, even with the best 23 selected we will be lucky to get more than a point out there.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia on Thu 29 Sep 2016, 10:43 pm

Ulster look immense this season. Leinster have a superb squad but Ulster are a level above.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne on Fri 30 Sep 2016, 12:20 pm

Ospreys team for Ulster 1/10
Dan Evans, Jeff Hassler, Ben John, Josh Matavesi, Eli Walker, Dan Biggar, Rhys Webb, Nicky Smith, Sam Parry, Dmitri Arhip, AWJ, BBBD, James King, Justin Tipuric and Dan Baker with Scott Baldwin, Paul James, Ma'afu Fia, Rory Thornton, Tyler Ardron, Olly Cracknell, Tom Habberfield and Sam Davies on the bench. A 6-2 bench is a bit of a surprise, apart from the inclusion of King instead of Ardron that is the team I would have put out, with the 23 altered to include Beck who is NOT injured instead of Cracknell, making for a more traditional 5-3 split.
Just to say congratulations to Nicky Smith on making his 50th Ospreys appearance, hope he goes on to play around the same number of games as the bench option and his mentor, Assey and Duncan.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia on Fri 30 Sep 2016, 1:45 pm

That isn't a bad selection against a formidable team. It's going to be a big battle up front.

Between Davies and Habberdield they have the whole backline covered positionally

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne on Wed 05 Oct 2016, 11:54 am

I don't expect many changes unless injury forced for the game against Cardiff Blues, (Hassler) probably Lydiate will make the squad, starting from the bench, could see Ardron taking King's place at 6 and posssibly Sam Davies coming in for Dan Evans, if Hassler is out probably Dafydd Howells to the wing, I hope they don't move Ben John there and Beck to the centre if Jeff is out.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia on Wed 05 Oct 2016, 12:39 pm

I don't think there will be many changes. Ben John is looking very good this season.

Party or Baldwin looks like an easy choice, backrow will be interesting. I am not sure they need to rush Lydiate back

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by True Raven on Thu 06 Oct 2016, 9:16 am

The premiership select lost to the Blues 21-17. Very disappointed to see Luke Price play over Jo Scrivens. Luke Price to me has no future at the club whereas as Scrivens is a very exciting fly half.

Good to see the Ravens try scoring machine O'Flaherty play and also the exciting young fullback Morgan Williams we pinched from RGC who could see gametime with the O's this season due to our shortage of fullbacks

True Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by True Raven on Thu 06 Oct 2016, 12:52 pm

Ospreys

Dan Evans, Jeff Hassler, Ben John, Josh Matavesi, Eli Walker; Sam Davies, Rhys Webb; Nicky Smith, Sam Parry, Dmitri Arhip, Bradley Davies, Alun Wyn Jones (capt), James King, Dan Baker, Justin Tipuric.

Reps: Scott Baldwin, Paul James, Ma'afu Fia, Rory Thornton, Dan Lydiate, Tom Habberfield, Dan Biggar, Ashley Beck.

Cardiff Blues

Dan Fish; Blaine Scully, Garyn Smith, Rey Lee-Lo, Tom James; Gareth Anscombe, Lloyd Williams; Gethin Jenkins (capt), Kristian Dacey, Taufa’ao Filise, Macauley Cook, Josh Turnbull, Josh Navidi, Ellis Jenkins, Nick Williams

Reps: Matthew Rees, Rhys Gill, Scott Andrews, James Down, Cam Dolan, Tomos Williams, Steven Shingler, Matthew Morgan.

True Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne on Thu 06 Oct 2016, 2:07 pm

maestegmafia wrote:I don't think there will be many changes. Ben John is looking very good this season.

Party or Baldwin looks like an easy choice, backrow will be interesting. I am not sure they need to rush Lydiate back
I guessed correctly from Press Conference and watching match preview that Lydiate would be back, he would have to have come back soon to press a claim for the AIs.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne on Thu 06 Oct 2016, 2:09 pm

True Raven wrote:Ospreys

Dan Evans, Jeff Hassler, Ben John, Josh Matavesi, Eli Walker; Sam Davies, Rhys Webb; Nicky Smith, Sam Parry, Dmitri Arhip, Bradley Davies, Alun Wyn Jones (capt), James King, Dan Baker, Justin Tipuric.

Reps: Scott Baldwin, Paul James, Ma'afu Fia, Rory Thornton, Dan Lydiate, Tom Habberfield, Dan Biggar, Ashley Beck.

Cardiff Blues

Dan Fish; Blaine Scully, Garyn Smith, Rey Lee-Lo, Tom James; Gareth Anscombe, Lloyd Williams; Gethin Jenkins (capt), Kristian Dacey, Taufa’ao Filise, Macauley Cook, Josh Turnbull, Josh Navidi, Ellis Jenkins, Nick Williams

Reps: Matthew Rees, Rhys Gill, Scott Andrews, James Down, Cam Dolan, Tomos Williams, Steven Shingler, Matthew Morgan.

Pleased to see Ashley on the bench, and the rotation policy of the 10 shirt.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne on Thu 06 Oct 2016, 2:12 pm

True Raven wrote:The premiership select lost to the Blues 21-17.  Very disappointed to see Luke Price play over Jo Scrivens.  Luke Price to me has no future at the club whereas as Scrivens is a very exciting fly half.

Good to see the Ravens try scoring machine O'Flaherty play and also the exciting young fullback Morgan Williams we pinched from RGC who could see gametime with the O's this season due to our shortage of fullbacks
Genuine question TR, who is Jo Scrivens? I don't watch Premiership games.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by True Raven on Thu 06 Oct 2016, 2:56 pm

Hes a twenty year old fly half at Bridgend whos game is more like Anscombe than Biggar. Talented kid and shines in a poor team

True Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon on Thu 06 Oct 2016, 3:14 pm

I might have started Beck for this one, and I'd have also been tempted to drop Evans and start Howells after last week's performance. I think King can also consider himself lucky now that Ardron is missing through injury.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne on Thu 06 Oct 2016, 3:23 pm

True Raven wrote:Hes a twenty year old fly half at Bridgend whos game is more like Anscombe than Biggar.  Talented kid and shines in a poor team
Cheers TR, perhaps we'll try both in either the Anglo Welsh, or the B&I, it is good that the continuity is still working.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:38 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum