PRO 12 Season tickets 2016/17 - Fact finding

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PRO 12 Season tickets 2016/17 - Fact finding

Post by Pot Hale on Mon 18 Jul 2016, 7:57 pm

Hi all.

Arising from some recent discussions, I was looking to find out what the various pricing structures are for season tickets across the various PRO12 clubs for the coming season.

I'm trying to build up a picture of the value of match attendances for various clubs.

If you have details of any PRO12 club that gives values for the various season tickets prices, and any info on likely match-day ticket prices, I'd appreciate you posting it here.

Cheers in advance.


Pot Hale

Posts : 4630
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 54
Location : Dublhkining

Back to top Go down

Re: PRO 12 Season tickets 2016/17 - Fact finding

Post by wayne on Mon 18 Jul 2016, 9:08 pm

Pot Hale this is the price list for Ospreys ST that was started IIRC in late April

Early Bird Renewals (Already ended)                                                  New Members & Renewals
Standard
Adult               £109                                                                         Adult              149
Senior Citizen    £79                                                                          Senior Citizen   109
Student           £69                                                                           Student           99
Kids Plus          £45                                                                           Kids Plus          65
U16                £20                                                                           U16                 29


Premium
Adult               £175                                                                         Adult                249
SC                  £129                                                                         SC                    175
STU                £125                                                                          STU                 169
KP                  £75                                                                           KP                      99
U16                £49                                                                           U16                     65

IIRC there was a 3 tier price structure for individual matches for Standard seating with most matches set at £20 - £25 per game, there are special offers for groups especially when the local clubs are involved with  exceptional discounts when kids are involved.
Let me finally add I pay £79 for my ST, I sit very close to the oppositions dug out  and this season will see 11 Guinness League games, 3 RCC2 games, preseason warm up game against Leicester as well as any cross border home games, such as LV and/or B&I games these are normally spread around Ospreylia. THIS IS REMARKABLE VALUE FOR MONEY IMO.

wayne

Posts : 2665
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: PRO 12 Season tickets 2016/17 - Fact finding

Post by Pot Hale on Mon 18 Jul 2016, 9:37 pm

wayne wrote:Pot Hale this is the price list for Ospreys ST that was started IIRC in late April

Early Bird Renewals (Already ended)                                                  New Members & Renewals
Standard
Adult               £109                                                                         Adult              149
Senior Citizen    £79                                                                          Senior Citizen   109
Student           £69                                                                           Student           99
Kids Plus          £45                                                                           Kids Plus          65
U16                £20                                                                           U16                 29


Premium
Adult               £175                                                                         Adult                249
SC                  £129                                                                         SC                    175
STU                £125                                                                          STU                 169
KP                  £75                                                                           KP                      99
U16                £49                                                                           U16                     65

IIRC there was a 3 tier price structure for individual matches for Standard seating with most matches set at £20 - £25 per game, there are special offers for groups especially when the local clubs are involved with  exceptional discounts when kids are involved.
Let me finally add I pay £79 for my ST, I sit very close to the oppositions dug out  and this season will see 11 Guinness League games, 3 RCC2 games, preseason warm up game against Leicester as well as any cross border home games, such as LV and/or B&I games these are normally spread around Ospreylia. THIS IS REMARKABLE VALUE FOR MONEY IMO.

Cheers Wayne

Much appreciated. That is exceptional value from what you've described. Have you paid more in previous seasons? Just curious to know if season ticket prices are rising/giving better value to remain stable or what.

Pot Hale

Posts : 4630
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 54
Location : Dublhkining

Back to top Go down

Re: PRO 12 Season tickets 2016/17 - Fact finding

Post by wayne on Mon 18 Jul 2016, 9:51 pm

Pot Hale wrote:
wayne wrote:Pot Hale this is the price list for Ospreys ST that was started IIRC in late April

Early Bird Renewals (Already ended)                                                  New Members & Renewals
Standard
Adult               £109                                                                         Adult              149
Senior Citizen    £79                                                                          Senior Citizen   109
Student           £69                                                                           Student           99
Kids Plus          £45                                                                           Kids Plus          65
U16                £20                                                                           U16                 29


Premium
Adult               £175                                                                         Adult                249
SC                  £129                                                                         SC                    175
STU                £125                                                                          STU                 169
KP                  £75                                                                           KP                      99
U16                £49                                                                           U16                     65

IIRC there was a 3 tier price structure for individual matches for Standard seating with most matches set at £20 - £25 per game, there are special offers for groups especially when the local clubs are involved with  exceptional discounts when kids are involved.
Let me finally add I pay £79 for my ST, I sit very close to the oppositions dug out  and this season will see 11 Guinness League games, 3 RCC2 games, preseason warm up game against Leicester as well as any cross border home games, such as LV and/or B&I games these are normally spread around Ospreylia. THIS IS REMARKABLE VALUE FOR MONEY IMO.

Cheers Wayne

Much appreciated.  That is exceptional value from what you've described.  Have you paid more in previous seasons?   Just curious to know if season ticket prices are rising/giving better value to remain stable or what.
For the previous 3 or 4 seasons since I became a Senior Citizen it was £75, there was a quote from management last season that the majority were paying less, than when we went to the Liberty first.

wayne

Posts : 2665
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: PRO 12 Season tickets 2016/17 - Fact finding

Post by munkian on Tue 19 Jul 2016, 8:05 am

My Dragons season ticket is £90 - this is for standing only on the uncovered North Terrace.

I've also go a free ticket to the Singhai Sevens out of it for the games in Cardiff on Friday.

I have to commute from Bristol so have gone for the cheapest ticket as I can't always make it.

*Edit*

I should point out it was £90 as I got it early, think its £120 -odd normally.


Last edited by munkian on Tue 19 Jul 2016, 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total

munkian

Posts : 6441
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 35
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: PRO 12 Season tickets 2016/17 - Fact finding

Post by wayne on Tue 19 Jul 2016, 8:53 am

munkian wrote:My Dragons season ticket is £90 - this is for standing only on the uncovered North Terrace.

I've also go a free ticket to the Singhai Sevens out of it for the games in Cardiff on Friday.

I have to commute from Bristol so have gone for the cheapest ticket as I can't always make it.

Yes we also get a free ticket for the 7s as long as you go to the Liberty beforehand and pick it up, you can't just turn up at CAP on the day with your ST and get in.

wayne

Posts : 2665
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: PRO 12 Season tickets 2016/17 - Fact finding

Post by munkian on Tue 19 Jul 2016, 9:07 am

wayne wrote:
munkian wrote:My Dragons season ticket is £90 - this is for standing only on the uncovered North Terrace.

I've also go a free ticket to the Singhai Sevens out of it for the games in Cardiff on Friday.

I have to commute from Bristol so have gone for the cheapest ticket as I can't always make it.

Yes we also get a free ticket for the 7s as long as you go to the Liberty beforehand and pick it up, you can't just turn up at CAP on the day with your ST and get in.

Same - they gave me options of picking it up, mailing it to me or I could pick up at the event.


munkian

Posts : 6441
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 35
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: PRO 12 Season tickets 2016/17 - Fact finding

Post by St John The Enforcer on Tue 19 Jul 2016, 9:23 am

Jaysus. Some people complain about rugby in wales when you can get a season ticket for under a hundred quid. If they won't go for that price.......

The cheapest adult ticket for the rds is 260 yoyos and the dearest is 730. That's insane.

St John The Enforcer

Posts : 205
Join date : 2013-05-30

Back to top Go down

Re: PRO 12 Season tickets 2016/17 - Fact finding

Post by munkian on Tue 19 Jul 2016, 9:33 am

St John The Enforcer wrote:Jaysus. Some people complain about rugby in wales when you can get a season ticket for under a hundred quid. If they won't go for that price.......

The cheapest adult ticket for the rds is 260 yoyos and the dearest is 730. That's insane.

Tickets for a middle class sport in a capital City more expensive than tickets for a working class sport in a less affluent City 'shocker'


munkian

Posts : 6441
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 35
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: PRO 12 Season tickets 2016/17 - Fact finding

Post by PhilBB on Tue 19 Jul 2016, 9:56 am

My Season Ticket is £250 and that includes Club Membership.

For that, I get 30 games as a mixture of firsts and seconds.

PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: PRO 12 Season tickets 2016/17 - Fact finding

Post by RiscaGame on Tue 19 Jul 2016, 10:18 am

St John The Enforcer wrote:Jaysus. Some people complain about rugby in wales when you can get a season ticket for under a hundred quid. If they won't go for that price.......

The cheapest adult ticket for the rds is 260 yoyos and the dearest is 730. That's insane.

That's just showing your ignorance there.

People not willing to pay £100 minimum, when they can watch most games on tv shocker.

I also noted the other day that Merthyr (as an example) are charging £100 for a season ticket. So if you're getting a rugby supporter doing that already, then you aren't going to get many forking out money for a pro team ST when most games are televised also.

My Hazell Terrace ST for NGD (had I chosen to renew) would have increased to £169 this season from £160, supposedly due to the return of the LV Cup and the two extra home games it brings. So that means you get all (11?) home league games (inc Judgement Day), 3 x home Challenge Cup games, 2 x LV games and two home Pre-season games (with a £5 reduction for the NGD v Cardiff Blues beneficiary game).

RiscaGame

Posts : 1001
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: PRO 12 Season tickets 2016/17 - Fact finding

Post by St John The Enforcer on Tue 19 Jul 2016, 10:24 am

Yes I am showing my ignorance. I forgot they don't show Leinster home games on TV

Look mate I'm not complaining that yours are cheap. I'm pi$$ed off that ours are so dear.

St John The Enforcer

Posts : 205
Join date : 2013-05-30

Back to top Go down

Re: PRO 12 Season tickets 2016/17 - Fact finding

Post by ScarletSpiderman on Tue 19 Jul 2016, 10:32 am

Scarlets

Adult Seated (early purchase) £335 to £205
Adult Seated £365 to £205
Adult Terrace (early purchase) £175
Adult Terrace £190

OAP Seated (early purchase) £250 to £190
OAP Seated £265 to £199
OAP Terrace (early purchase) £150
OAP Terrace £160

Junior (6-16) Seated (early purchase) £16 to £13
Junior Seated £20 to £16
Junior Terrace (early purchase) £13
Junior Terrace £16

Young Adult And Full Time Training (17-21) Seated (early purchase) £90 to £75
YAFT Seated £100 to £85
YAFT Terrace (early purchase) £65
YAFT Terrace £75

I'm pretty sure there are some family deals too, but I can't find the prices.


ScarletSpiderman

Posts : 9423
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 32
Location : Pembs

Back to top Go down

Re: PRO 12 Season tickets 2016/17 - Fact finding

Post by PhilBB on Tue 19 Jul 2016, 10:33 am

Turk prices also include their second team games.

PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: PRO 12 Season tickets 2016/17 - Fact finding

Post by ScarletSpiderman on Tue 19 Jul 2016, 10:39 am

PhilBB wrote:Turk prices also include their second team games.

Are you sure? I know when I got my first season ticket, I got a season ticket to Narbeth RFC (choice of Narbeth, Llanelli or Llandovery) as part of it (wow that is showing how long ago it was), and then there have been seasons where they have said that you can use your season ticket to get into Llanelli RFC games free, and seasons where that has not been the case.

Also, I am not too sure if we get our 'home' pre-season friendly against Bath in the season ticket price, but it is up north so I won't be able to make it anyway.

ScarletSpiderman

Posts : 9423
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 32
Location : Pembs

Back to top Go down

Re: PRO 12 Season tickets 2016/17 - Fact finding

Post by PhilBB on Tue 19 Jul 2016, 10:42 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Are you sure?  

Good question. I read a tweet from a Turk ST holder yesterday who claimed it was, but the official literature doesn't mention it.

PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: PRO 12 Season tickets 2016/17 - Fact finding

Post by wayne on Tue 19 Jul 2016, 11:29 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Scarlets

Adult Seated (early purchase) £335 to £205
Adult Seated £365 to £205
Adult Terrace (early purchase) £175
Adult Terrace £190

OAP Seated (early purchase) £250 to £190
OAP Seated £265 to £199
OAP Terrace (early purchase) £150
OAP Terrace £160

Junior (6-16) Seated (early purchase) £16 to £13
Junior Seated £20 to £16
Junior Terrace (early purchase) £13
Junior Terrace £16

Young Adult And Full Time Training (17-21) Seated (early purchase) £90 to £75
YAFT Seated £100 to £85
YAFT Terrace (early purchase) £65
YAFT Terrace £75

I'm pretty sure there are some family deals too, but I can't find the prices.

SS, Is there no reduction for ST holders that are renewing, and is that correct that the prices quoted for example Adult seated the 2 prices are for early renewal and later of £205 and £335.

wayne

Posts : 2665
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: PRO 12 Season tickets 2016/17 - Fact finding

Post by ScarletSpiderman on Tue 19 Jul 2016, 1:33 pm

Wayne, the early prices are for season ticket renewals, and for new applicants that get in there quick.  The prices vary from (using an adult renewing/buying early) £335 for the top of the range all singing all dancing ticket on the halfway with a free programme etc, to £205 for a ticket that is pretty average nearer the try lines.

I was unfortunate, I got put into the 'premier' section when we moved from Stradey and my renewal was £300 (or £299 or something), I would move my seat to a cheaper one, but it is in a good position, and prime for the camera man to pick me out most home games Yahoo

ScarletSpiderman

Posts : 9423
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 32
Location : Pembs

Back to top Go down

Re: PRO 12 Season tickets 2016/17 - Fact finding

Post by Pot Hale on Tue 19 Jul 2016, 10:37 pm

Thanks everyone so far - keep them coming.

I think Wayne is leading the way so far with his £79 SC ticket....

Scarletspiderman gets the nod for the Hollywood factor.

The Leinster prices are seriously hefty. I was looking at their online facility of what's available and their ain't many seats left in the stands in the premium seats (600-730 range).








Pot Hale

Posts : 4630
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 54
Location : Dublhkining

Back to top Go down

Re: PRO 12 Season tickets 2016/17 - Fact finding

Post by munkian on Wed 20 Jul 2016, 8:18 am

Pot Hale wrote:Thanks everyone so far - keep them coming.

I think Wayne is leading the way so far with his £79 SC ticket....

Scarletspiderman gets the nod for the Hollywood factor.

The Leinster prices are seriously hefty.  I was looking at their online facility of what's available and their ain't many seats left in the stands in the premium seats (600-730 range).

RDS is in D4 - well posh. My girlfriend's Dad used to be a ST holder there and said a lot of people used to go just to be seen.



munkian

Posts : 6441
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 35
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: PRO 12 Season tickets 2016/17 - Fact finding

Post by ScarletSpiderman on Wed 20 Jul 2016, 8:58 am

munkian wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:Thanks everyone so far - keep them coming.

I think Wayne is leading the way so far with his £79 SC ticket....

Scarletspiderman gets the nod for the Hollywood factor.

The Leinster prices are seriously hefty.  I was looking at their online facility of what's available and their ain't many seats left in the stands in the premium seats (600-730 range).

RDS is in D4 - well posh. My girlfriend's Dad used to be a ST holder there and said a lot of people used to go just to be seen.



I guess it is like the old Stella adverts 'reassuringly expensive'. A status symbol is nothing unless it has a hefty price tag, and once you manage to get more demand than supply then you can really hike up the prices.

ScarletSpiderman

Posts : 9423
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 32
Location : Pembs

Back to top Go down

Re: PRO 12 Season tickets 2016/17 - Fact finding

Post by Pot Hale on Wed 20 Jul 2016, 1:40 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
munkian wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:Thanks everyone so far - keep them coming.

I think Wayne is leading the way so far with his £79 SC ticket....

Scarletspiderman gets the nod for the Hollywood factor.

The Leinster prices are seriously hefty.  I was looking at their online facility of what's available and their ain't many seats left in the stands in the premium seats (600-730 range).

RDS is in D4 - well posh. My girlfriend's Dad used to be a ST holder there and said a lot of people used to go just to be seen.



I guess it is like the old Stella adverts 'reassuringly expensive'.  A status symbol is nothing unless it has a hefty price tag, and once you manage to get more demand than supply then you can really hike up the prices.

Yep, true. Just looking at Ulster new prices £292-£522 in the Grand Stand and pretty much all sold out. £323 in the Memorial Stand - pretty much told out. In Family Stand, Adult £323, Child £159, Student and Seniors £303. Still a good few available.

Pot Hale

Posts : 4630
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 54
Location : Dublhkining

Back to top Go down

Re: PRO 12 Season tickets 2016/17 - Fact finding

Post by thebandwagonsociety on Thu 21 Jul 2016, 11:10 am

RDS is a quirky ground. There are more seats in the north/south stands behind the goals than there are along pitchside. The diamond section is very small, not all that great and contains the seats for the teams benchs, etc. Non-matchday squad players also tend to sit in here which makes the available seats even fewer. Price for them are ridiculous. The terraces either side of this area are a third the price with way better atmosphere.
The ST holders in the seats the last 3-4 seasons around me have been far more mixed than before from Carlow, Wicklow, Kildare, Finglas, Raheny, Firhouse, Crumlin and Kimmage. Maybe its just because they've put the riff-raff together and out of the way of their classic clientele.

thebandwagonsociety

Posts : 2146
Join date : 2011-06-02

Back to top Go down

Re: PRO 12 Season tickets 2016/17 - Fact finding

Post by munkian on Thu 21 Jul 2016, 11:22 am

thebandwagonsociety wrote:RDS is a quirky ground.  There are more seats in the north/south stands behind the goals than there are along pitchside.  The diamond section is very small, not all that great and contains the seats for the teams benchs, etc.  Non-matchday squad players also tend to sit in here which makes the available seats even fewer.  Price for them are ridiculous.  The terraces either side of this area are a third the price with way better atmosphere.
The ST holders in the seats the last 3-4 seasons around me have been far more mixed than before from Carlow, Wicklow, Kildare, Finglas, Raheny, Firhouse, Crumlin and Kimmage. Maybe its just because they've put the riff-raff together and out of the way of their classic clientele.

Christ, where do they put people from Athy ? Shocked

munkian

Posts : 6441
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 35
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: PRO 12 Season tickets 2016/17 - Fact finding

Post by wayne on Sun 04 Sep 2016, 1:36 pm

Pot Hale wrote:Thanks everyone so far - keep them coming.

I think Wayne is leading the way so far with his £79 SC ticket....

Scarletspiderman gets the nod for the Hollywood factor.

The Leinster prices are seriously hefty.  I was looking at their online facility of what's available and their ain't many seats left in the stands in the premium seats (600-730 range).







PH, I think after Fridays night game you need to add me to the Hollywood factor, I'm on at least twice with one straight on me and my brother in law, they probably had to change the camera after that shot. Very Happy

wayne

Posts : 2665
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: PRO 12 Season tickets 2016/17 - Fact finding

Post by ScarletSpiderman on Sun 04 Sep 2016, 7:55 pm

wayne wrote:
PH, I think after Fridays night game you need to add me to the Hollywood factor, I'm on at least twice with one straight on me and my brother in law, they probably had to change the camera after that shot. Very Happy

I hope you've got it saved on iplayer, or at least taken some photos from on the to boss.

ScarletSpiderman

Posts : 9423
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 32
Location : Pembs

Back to top Go down

Re: PRO 12 Season tickets 2016/17 - Fact finding

Post by wayne on Sun 04 Sep 2016, 8:03 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
wayne wrote:
PH, I think after Fridays night game you need to add me to the Hollywood factor, I'm on at least twice with one straight on me and my brother in law, they probably had to change the camera after that shot. Very Happy

I hope you've got it saved on iplayer, or at least taken some photos from on the to boss.
SS, I'm useless on these sort of things, can't even copy and paste, I watched the game on IPlayer, and have a full frontal early on and a side shot later on in the first half.
I'm going to apply for my Equity card Very Happy , but only if I'm in silent films. Yahoo

wayne

Posts : 2665
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: PRO 12 Season tickets 2016/17 - Fact finding

Post by Pot Hale on Mon 05 Sep 2016, 2:15 am

Full frontal no less!! Impressive Wayne.

You are duly awarded Hollywood star status.

Anyone else who manages to get in front of the cameras this season shall get their due reward - but they have to prove it.


Pot Hale

Posts : 4630
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 54
Location : Dublhkining

Back to top Go down

Re: PRO 12 Season tickets 2016/17 - Fact finding

Post by ScarletSpiderman on Mon 05 Sep 2016, 7:48 am

Ew full frontal

ScarletSpiderman

Posts : 9423
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 32
Location : Pembs

Back to top Go down

Re: PRO 12 Season tickets 2016/17 - Fact finding

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:36 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum