Sat 3rd Sep 15:00 Scarlets vs Munster Parc-y-Scarlets, Llanelli Sky
Fri 9th Sep 19:35 Edinburgh vs Scarlets Murrayfield, Edinburgh BBC Alba
Fri 16th Sep 19:05 Ulster vs Scarlets Kingspan Stadium, Belfast BBC2W
Sat 24th Sep 19:35 Scarlets vs ConnachtParc-y-Scarlets, Llanelli S4C
Sat 1st Oct 19:05 Treviso vs Scarlets Stadio Comunale di Monigo, Treviso  
Sat 8th Oct 19:35 Scarlets vs Dragons Parc-y-Scarlets, Llanelli S4C
Oct 14th - 16th  Europe 1    
Oct 21st - 23th  Europe 2    
Fri 28th Oct 19:35 Cardiff vs Scarlets BT Sport Cardiff Arms Park, Cardiff BBC2W
Sat 5th Nov 19:35 Scarlets vs Glasgow Parc-y-Scarlets, Llanelli S4C
Nov 5th  TBC Anglo-Welsh 1    
Nov 12th  Anglo-Welsh 2    
Fri 25th Nov 19:35 Scarlets vs Leinster Parc-y-Scarlets, Llanelli BBC2W
Sat 3rd Dec 14:05 Zebre vs Scarlets Stadio XXV Aprile, Parma  
Dec 9th - 11th  Europe 3    
Dec 16th - 18th  Europe 4    
Tue 27th Dec 15:00 Ospreys vs Scarlets Liberty Stadium, Swansea Sky/S4C
Sun 1st Jan 15:00 Scarlets vs Cardiff Parc-y-Scarlets, Llanelli Sky/S4C
Fri 6th Jan 19:35 Scarlets vs Ulster Parc-y-Scarlets, Llanelli BBC2W
Jan 13th - 15th  Europe 5    
Jan 20th - 22nd  Europe 6    
Jan 27th - 29th  Anglo-Welsh 3    
Feb 3rd - 5th  Anglo-Welsh 4    
Feb 10th - 11th   Glasgow vs Scarlets Scotstoun Stadium, Glasgow  
Feb 17th - 18th  Scarlets vs Zebre Parc-y-Scarlets, Llanelli  
Feb 24th - 25th  Munster vs Scarlets TBC  
Mar 3rd - 4th  Leinster vs Scarlets RDS Arena, Dublin  
Mar 24th - 25th  Scarlets vs Edinburgh Parc-y-Scarlets, Llanelli  
Apr 7th - 8th  Scarlets vs Treviso Parc-y-Scarlets, Llanelli  
Sat 15th Apr 17:15 Dragons vs Scarlets Principality Stadium, Cardiff Sky/S4C
Apr 28th - 29th  Connacht vs Scarlets Sportsground, Galway  
Sat 6th May 17:15 Scarlets vs Ospreys Parc-y-Scarlets, Llanelli  

Squad

Rob Evans Prop
Werner Kruger Prop
Samson Lee Prop Dual Contract
Peter Edwards  Prop
Will Taylor Prop
Dylan Evans Prop  
Taylor Davies Prop    
Wyn Jones Prop

Ken Owens Hooker
Emyr Phillips Hooker
Ryan Elias Hooker    
Dafydd Hughes Hooker

Jake Ball Lock Dual Contract  
David Bulbring Lock
Rynier Bernardo Lock
Tom Price Lock
Josh Helps Lock    
Tadhg Beirne Lock/Flanker
Lewis Rawlins Lock/Flanker  

John Barclay Flanker
Aaron Shingler Flanker
James Davies Flanker    
Will Boyde Flanker    
Josh MacLeod Flanker    
Tom Phillips Flanker    
Shaun Evans Flanker  
Morgan Allen Number 8  
Jack Condy Number 8  

Aled Davies Scrum-half  
Gareth Davies Scrum-half
Jonathan Evans Scrum-half    

Rhys Patchell Fly-half    
Aled Thomas Fly-half
Dan Jones Fly-half    

Scott Williams Centre  
Jonathan Davies Centre Dual Contract
Hadleigh Parkes Centre
Gareth Owen Centre
Steffan Hughes Centre    
Matthew Owen Centre  

DTH Van Der Merwe Wing
Tom Williams Wing  
Richard Smith Wing  
Johnny McNicholl Wing/ Fullback
Steffan Evans Wing / Fullback    
Liam Williams Fullback  

Coaches      
Wayne Pivac Head Coach  
Stephen Jones  Attack Coach    
Byron Hayward Defence Coach    
Garan Evans Team Manager    
Ioan Cunningham Set Piece Coach
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Re: Scarlets 2016/17 Season Thread

Post by mikey_dragon on Wed 01 Mar 2017, 10:59 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Pivac has said we are not actively looking for a replacement.  As back three options, we have McNicholl, Steff Evs, Tom Williams, deputiesed by  Conbeer, Baldwin, Nicholas, and Richard Smith.  Also the likes of Parkes, Steff Hughes, Gareth Owen, Patchell and Aled Thomas capable of putting in a shift on the wing or at fullback if required.

I'm sure if a player becomes available, and cheap, that we would consider them.  However I think we have more important areas of the squad to address.

That makes sense, and the youngsters have flourished under Pivac. I've been impressed with a number of them this season. Even that Irish and Wenglish lock have improved. I was also surprised that Shingler didn't make the Wales squad. I didn't think he had much of a future left in international rugby but his form this year is sensational, it's everything you need and more from a flanker.

Aled Thomas is a player looking well out of his depth this season, you've nothing to lose by dropping him and promoting an U20. Have you heard anything else regarding squad additions? Dare I say it, Henson would be a good addition provided he doesn't have a long-term injury Very Happy.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by international198 on Thu 02 Mar 2017, 2:20 pm

More good news for the Scarlets. Backs coach Stephen Jones has extended his contract with the region. We have secured the services of one of the best coaches in Wales, if not the Northern Hemisphere, here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/39138210

international198

Back to top Go down

Post by miaow on Tue 04 Apr 2017, 2:51 pm

Rob Evans has signed a new contract.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/39488841

miaow

Back to top Go down

Post by miaow on Tue 11 Apr 2017, 1:46 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/39566572

Interesting article. You have to take the sheer competition for squad places this tour into consideration, as well as potential injuries, as meaning no-one outside of perhaps the most obvious players can be 'hypothetically selected' with any confidence, but to my mind, Pivac's correct in saying 4 players will Tour, with- potentially- 6 being selected.

Liam Williams is nailed on as a wing/full back. Probably a #23 for the Tests.
Ken Owens is nailed on to Tour, his performances in the warm ups dictate if he makes the Test 23.
Rob Evans stands a very good chance of making the squad, he was the best loosehead in the 6Ns for me. He doesn't have the experience of Marler, and at this stage I think the gruelling schedule could work against him by the time the Tests come round, but if he stays fit/is able to play to his normal intensity in the loose whilst remaining solid in the tight, he's in with a shout for a Test start. Still, lots of conditionals there.
Jon Davies stands a good chance of making the squad. I've said elsewhere I think he may well make the Test squad based on Gatland's preferences. 13 isn't particularly blessed, and I think Davies makes the tour based on past experience and his point of difference to the other centre options.
Scott Williams is in many ways better than Jon Davies, yet somehow, I think, finds himself lower down the pecking order. Not helped by playing at 12, a position with greater obvious depth, and not able to bring his running talents to the Test stage this 6Ns. It's a big shame, as I think he'll require an injury to someone else to make the squad.
John Barclay is an outside bet at this stage, but an excellent player. Failed the audition this 6Ns when it mattered, when captaining Scotland, and received two yellow cards against England and Italy. That will do him a major disservice, but he's a good, experienced, level headed back row player. Several injuries needed to make the Tour, but leadership experience/ability to captain in the midweek team could see him in with a shout.
Gareth Davies has had a mixed 12 months, and has played his way out of contention in my opinion. Doesn't control the game well enough for Wales, though has obvious talents, not least in scoring tries. Not enough at this level, though.

If you add in the Scarlets ex-pat George North, too, who is nailed on for the squad, as I see it- barring injury- I can see 4 current Scarlets and 1 former making the Lions Squad. I can't see them all making the squad together- although it could happen- but taken individually, each has a good case for becoming Test Lions this Summer.

miaow

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne on Fri 14 Apr 2017, 9:20 pm

Apparently Tom Grabham is in the process of leaving the Ospreys to join the Scarlets, or so Scarlet Fever is pronouncing.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf on Sun 07 May 2017, 8:54 pm

Excellent performance yesterday against their big rivals. Some outstanding individual performances, but above all a great team performance. A great deal of credit must go to the coaches, in particular Pivac and Steve Jones, they have developed a style of play which is attractive and effective.

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by miaow on Sun 07 May 2017, 9:29 pm

Absolutely agree there Seagultaf.

You just have to look back at the early pages of this thread to see what a good job the coaches have done. A really shockingly poor start to the season has concluded with the best season I can think of for a long time. Fully deserved 3rd place in the Pro12, comprehensively the best region, and surprisingly competitive in Europe.

It's good to see the Scarlets playing proper running and offloading Rugby again. Can't see them getting past Leinster, but who knows?

miaow

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman on Wed 17 May 2017, 11:58 am

I definitely was wrong with my prediciton that we would struggle to make Europe (after the Edinburgh game??). The team have really progressed.

I watch all the highlights of the games on the Pro12 youtube channel, and you can see in those three games at the start of the season signs of what was to come, but I think at the time I was too down to spot it. The only game that we looked really bad in, was the Leinster away game. And unfortunately, trying to be upbeat and positive, I am not too sure we will see too much of a change in the score line this weekend.
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave on Fri 19 May 2017, 11:02 pm

clap

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger on Sat 20 May 2017, 1:23 pm

Congrats to Scarlets on this result, didn't see it coming.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Mon 22 May 2017, 10:31 am

Bendigedig clap

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround on Tue 23 May 2017, 5:48 pm

Seems Nigel Owens will ref the final, unbelievable appointment.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman on Tue 23 May 2017, 9:48 pm

The word farce comes to mind with Nigel being the ref. But I guess he is meant to be the best ref around so I can see why he was chosen, I just don't agree with it.
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 on Fri 26 May 2017, 1:15 pm

2ndtimeround wrote:Seems Nigel Owens will ref the final, unbelievable appointment.

And letting Evans off, Pro12 really are trying everything they can to help you boys win the thing Whistle

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 on Fri 26 May 2017, 1:17 pm

Whats the word on Beirne for next season have you guys signed him up or could the final be his last game?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf on Sun 28 May 2017, 10:11 am

marty2086 wrote:Whats the word on Beirne for next season have you guys signed him up or could the final be his last game?

I am sure he would love to be able to go back to one of the big Irish sides with his head held high and be sure of getting the coaching and regular game time that will allow him to continue to grow as a player. Unfortunately the style of play and the general strength in depth in the second row in Ireland means that if he does return he may end up as a bench player or reserve flanker.
Hopefully the Scarlets can persuade him that, like Simon Easterby in the past, he can develop his game and rugby career in West Wales.

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf on Sun 28 May 2017, 10:14 am

Congratulations to the Scarlets, players, coaches, management and fans, on an outstanding night for Welsh rugby. Winning well and the Welsh and Scarlets way with highly skilled heads up attacking rugby. 6 great try's against a fantasticly strong side like Munster, it doesn't come much better than that!

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Griff on Sun 28 May 2017, 10:26 am

Awesome, Scarlets, simply awesome!

clap

Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking - Pivac and Jones for wales! I know, I know. I'm just riding the wave I suppose.

Last edited by Griff on Sun 28 May 2017, 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Griff

Back to top Go down

Post by international198 on Sun 28 May 2017, 11:34 am

It's been a good season for the Scarlets. They've beaten big teams like Leinster, Munster, Toulon, Ulster and the Ospreys. They drew against Saracens as well. On the other hand, they lost against Edinburgh and Sale and were thrashed by Leinster at the RDS, so it hasn't always been rosy but overall it's been very good.

Not sure who in all will be leaving the Scarlets this summer but I know Liam Williams and DTH Van der Merwe will be leaving so we need some wingers to step up next season like Ryan Elias has stepped up this season at hooker. Not sure who will step up to fill their shoes but I'm sure the Scarlets can find someone from Llanelli RFC, Llandovery RFC, Carmarthen Quins or RGC1404 to step up and do a job. Ryan Conbeer looks like a good winger but maybe he'll be away with Wales U20s during the Six Nations period so he won't always be available. However, Tom Prydie will hopefully be joining for next season so he will be a good option at wing or fullback and he will be available throughout the season hopefully (bar injury or an international call up).

international198

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Yesterday at 7:43 am

Congratulations to all Scarlets fans - very good season.

Although with former alumni DTH and Jonny B, I am totally willing to take some of the credit on behalf of Glasgow rugby.
George Carlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Yesterday at 10:37 am

Congratulations to all Scarlets, said on the match thread that I hoped you would win for the good of the League.

However when a team does win, it makes their players more attractive to other clubs, Glasgow and Connacht both lost some good players after winning, and were not quite as good the year after.

I know Liam Williams (who really is a star player) and D. T. H. van der Merwe are leaving and Tom Prydie is coming in, is there a fear other may be leaving?

I think all the provinces are eyeing Tadhg Beirne who most likely will leave after next season, but is there a fear he could be bought out of his contract?
Are there fears over others, or is it more postive that there will be an even better squad next year?

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum