The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frampton v Santa Cruz

+16
Nico the gman
hazharrison
catchweight
Coxy001
Mr Bounce
milkyboy
BoxingFan88
Rowley
TRUSSMAN66
Pedro147
marty2086
Herman Jaeger
mobilemaster8
Baby faced assassin
AdamT
rodders
20 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Frampton v Santa Cruz Empty Frampton v Santa Cruz

Post by rodders Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:03 pm

This one seems to be slipping under the radar a bit.

I haven't watched a lot of Santa Cruz but given his record, the weight jump and how Carl's previous US fight went this would look to be by far the biggest and hardest fight of his career.

What are people's thoughts on how this will go?

Can Frampton keep out of range and pick off a points win in New York or will the step to FW and class be too much?

Has he got enough power to trouble LSC?
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Frampton v Santa Cruz Empty Re: Frampton v Santa Cruz

Post by AdamT Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:19 pm

I have been on the fence too long on this.
Heart has ruled head.

I think Santa Cruz will stop him mid to late rounds. He might of started lighter, but he has the height and leverage to trouble Frampton. He also is a volume puncher.

If Quigg had of let his hands go more, he might of beat Frampton.

I am a huge Carl fan, he is my favourite boxer, but I am always honest when I pick a winner and try to be objective.

Frampton is the more skilled boxer, but he is the newcomer to the division. Can he sit back and counter punch someone with an 8 inch reach advantage? Santa Cruz is no Rigondeaux, but he is a good fighter.

I would of had Frampton favourite over a year ago, but I think he has shown some vulnerability of late, which I expect LSC to exploit.

Hopefully I am wrong and Carl boxes his way to a unanimous decision. He has the ability, but does he have the chin or the strength?

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Baby faced assassin Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:40 pm

Think Frampton will lose this

While people were saying he was tight at the weight the drop off in energy levels in the quigg fight was alarming especially give the lack if action on the first half of the fight

LSC won't give him that time and won't give him that space he's the naturally bigger ran and has had more fights at featherweight and will just grind Frampton down to a close but clear UD
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:08 pm

On the fence too with this fight.

Frampton can outbox him, but he will have to rely on Stamina in this fight....which is something he is poor with.

LSC fights all night long, throws loads of punches - can Carl keep him off?

Be sitting up for this. Heart says Carl Points....head says LSC late stoppage or SD due to his activity and sheer volume.

Saying that, LSC does get hit a lot, and Carl is one of the top 10 fighters who connects highly with power shots....if he can hurt LSC then it could be a different fight altogether.

Really looking forward

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:58 pm

Santa Cruz not the kind of fighter to let any stamina issues go unchecked. Closes the ring down better than a Margarito I'll mention his name seeing as this one's been likened to Cotto Marg1

Is Frampton slick enough to keep Leo off him for twelve rounds, can he keep on his toes the full three minutes round after round?

Does he need to ko Leo it'll need a Herculean effort to outwork the Huetamo, Michoacán born Mexican you'd think, no one's been able to do that yet.

Will Frampton be punching harder at 26 and can he find a way past the long levers of Santa Cruz who can also fight long

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:01 am

Herman Jaeger wrote:Santa Cruz not the kind of fighter to let any stamina issues go unchecked. Closes the ring down better than a Margarito I'll mention his name seeing as this one's been likened to Cotto Marg1

Is Frampton slick enough to keep Leo off him for twelve rounds, can he keep on his toes the full three minutes round after round?

Does he need to ko Leo it'll need a Herculean effort to outwork the Huetamo, Michoacán born Mexican you'd think, no one's been able to do that yet.

Will Frampton be punching harder at 26 and can he find a way past the long levers of Santa Cruz who can also fight long

Good post. I'm definitely a huge Frampton man, but have doubts about this. I had no doubts about Quigg, but LSC is dangerous. He is relentless.

If Frampton can fight his very best, he can win. But will the 4 pounds make a difference??

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:11 am

Thought this was a good read from Steve Bunce in the Belfast Telegraph

Carl Frampton will enter a ring in New York on Saturday night to fight an unbeaten man called Leo Santa Cruz as a huge underdog, viewed as a sacrifice and hired only because the boxing business in America considers him vulnerable.

As Frampton ducks through the ropes at the Barclays Centre in Brooklyn, he will be stranded under the lights and a long way from the comfort and adoration of his Belfast public. Inside it will be raucous with thousands of shirtless men singing in the heat under a swaying thicket of upraised arms.

It will be the first sign that Frampton is not a willing player in the role that he has been assigned by the blinkered clan that cover fights in America and the men in suits that put the fights together. The Guinness amnesty in the hundreds of Irish bars in the five boroughs will drip slowly until the fight's final punches reveal a winner.

Frampton is unbeaten in 22 fights, a former world champion and in his last fight he won his second world title when he beat nemesis Scott Quigg, who was unbeaten at that point, in front of 19,000 in Manchester.

It was a fight the Americans conveniently missed in their rush to judge Frampton for his world title defence 12 months ago in Texas; Frampton was caught cold on a blistering, debilitating day and dropped twice by Alejandro Gonzalez in the opening round before recovering and winning the next eleven rounds. It is hard for boxing's small men to maintain their fragile weight in 110 degrees without drowning in water and Frampton's suffering in the first round should be a deterrent, not an encouragement.

"I have only got this fight because of the Gonzalez fight," Frampton said, the slightest sense of disgust in his voice. "I have been chasing Santa Cruz since 2013, deals were talked about and then he moved up and then there was the Gonzalez fight - they think it is safe now, they have convinced themselves that I will have nothing at the new weight. They are mad."

Santa Cruz is the WBA featherweight champion of the world, unbeaten in 33 fights, including 11 world title fights at three weights during a classy four-year period of domination. Frampton has had to gain four pounds - moving from 8 stone 10 pounds to 9 stone - which he claims will make the difference and not break him. "I have been dead at 122 pounds for a long, long time," admitted Frampton.

The weight change is different to the recent move by Amir Khan and the one planned in September by Kell Brook, both of whom missed a weight at the scales and, some might say, clear thinking for cash dreams.

Khan and Brook took huge risks for the money, in defining fights against naturally bigger and savage fighters; Frampton has taken a reduction in pay and will be shorter, but not smaller on the night.

Santa Cruz has also committed the unwritten boxing sin of looking beyond his next fight, talking boldly of gaining as much as 14 more pounds and winning world titles at three extra weights.

He is an American boxing star, one of a dozen scrapping for the riches left hidden somewhere by Floyd Mayweather's departure last September. It is not a pleasant squabble to watch.

Frampton won his first world title on a blustery, tearful and draining night outside at the Titanic project in Belfast; the following morning, his fists ruined, face bloated and his body was stiff but he was able to shuffle the first few steps down the path to New York. On Saturday he arrives and the fans are waiting

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:57 am

You're right Adam he is relentless. He sets a good clip too which he can maintain all night, he's like a machine. Carl can bang though when he wants to and will be eager no doubt to test out his extra weight

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:03 am

I think it could depend on Frampton's start. If he can catch LSC coming in in the first few rounds it could upset LSC's gameplan. I think that's what the tactic will be. Maybe even try get a flash knockdown with a counter.

Frampton is similar to Floyd in that he's not a massive puncher but he's extremely accurate and hits hard enough to keep you honest.

Hoping Frampton wins but I really couldn't pick who'll win.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:04 am

Herman Jaeger wrote:You're right Adam he is relentless. He sets a good clip too which he can maintain all night, he's like a machine. Carl can bang though when he wants to and will be eager no doubt to test out his extra weight

Frampton will rematch Quigg if he loses. He will then claim the weight is too much. If he wins, the world is his oyster.

I hope he step us up to the plate and puts in a cracker performance.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:05 am

Right again Adam, while the winner can go on to some chunky paydays, plenty of money still to be had for the loser you'd guess, particularly if they turn in a stirring losing effort

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:09 am

AdamT wrote:
Herman Jaeger wrote:You're right Adam he is relentless. He sets a good clip too which he can maintain all night, he's like a machine. Carl can bang though when he wants to and will be eager no doubt to test out his extra weight

Frampton will rematch Quigg if he loses. He will then claim the weight is too much. If he wins, the world is his oyster.

I don't think Frampton v Quigg 2 is PPV.............Huge let down the first fight......For the money Mcguigan will want I don't think it is economically viable...

In fact Hearn has a problem with Quigg period.........He inherited a crappy alphabet belt last time and was fed stiffs....Not sure looking for a weak abc champ and feeding on stiffs again will be "accepted" by the fans.....

If you stink and win people will forgive you..

Quigg's stock isn't that high...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:19 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
AdamT wrote:

I don't think Frampton v Quigg 2 is PPV.............Huge let down the first fight......For the money Mcguigan will want I don't think it is economically viable...

In fact Hearn has a problem with Quigg period.........He inherited a crappy alphabet belt last time and was fed stiffs....Not sure looking for a weak abc champ and feeding on stiffs again will be "accepted" by the fans.....

If you stink and win people will forgive you..

Quigg's stock isn't that high...
If Frampton goes on to beat LSC then Quigg can always be spun as a guy who's only lost to a 2-weight world champion and he can still be given a bit of leeway. If I was Eddie I'd be praying for Frampton to win as, like you say, a rematch with Frampton seems a million miles away

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:57 am

Surprised Sky didn't pick it up, great little fight should be getting a wider audience. As a Boxnation subscriber it's neither here nor there to me where it's shown but would have been nice if this one had got the full Sky build up

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:49 am

Quigg has been talking up a Rigonedeux fight. Might take a statement fight like that to rebuild the public image. Good fight for him, win and its massive but lose whilst having a proper go and you can still emerge with credit for it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:11 am

Going with Santa Cruz, I think the style is a nightmare for Frampton

Hope I'm wrong though

was hoping ITV would pick this one up

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:52 am

I'm going to subscribe to box nation this weekend. I'm with Sky, have an offer at moment pay £8 registration fee then a tenner a month. In terms of value it's bang on. Show some major fights including this one, GGG, Alvarez, Marquez, Fury vs Klitschko 2 etc etc plus a look at the amateur circuit. Oh, and Nick Halling isnt on it.

Looking forward to a few bevvies and a night in on Sat!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:37 am

18 months ago I liked frampton for this... Now I don't.

The question are all on Carl. Can he carry the weight (he's a very short feather)? Will his stamina improve from making weight easier? Can he give height and reach away to a fighter of lsc's quality and work rate?

He's a slicker boxer than santa Cruz, but he'll have to be on the top of his game for 12 rounds and it's not easy countering a volume puncher. 

Really Hope I'm wrong.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:30 pm

I like Frampton but I am not sure that he will win this. Reckon Santa Cruz will be too strong, too awkward and like others have said, too relentless. 

I really hope that Frampton proves me wrong and has the fight of his life to claim the title but I am thinking it's going to be a late stoppage for LSC or Frampton well beaten on points.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:45 pm

Herman Jaeger wrote:Surprised Sky didn't pick it up, great little fight should be getting a wider audience. As a Boxnation subscriber it's neither here nor there to me where it's shown but would have been nice if this one had got the full Sky build up

Without Eddie Hearn involved it was never going to happen, done with very little with Frampton which is a shame compared to the hype they give some less talented fighters

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:26 pm

Be much better for the fans if Sky could get cosy with other promoters, can't stand the way Eddie monopolises them.

Warren is cosy with several promotors over on Boxnation isn't he?

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:45 pm

Hearns way of doing things works for Sky, he doesn't take big risks with fighters (Brook now being an exception) and they build records and reputations that punters buy into and they tune into their fights plus he puts on regular shows giving them regular content.

Frank Warren needs to work with a wide range of promoters to get his content, plus the whole Hearn situation is why he set up BoxNation

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:52 pm

marty2086 wrote:Hearns way of doing things works for Sky, he doesn't take big risks with fighters (Brook now being an exception) and they build records and reputations that punters buy into and they tune into their fights plus he puts on regular shows giving them regular content.

Frank Warren needs to work with a wide range of promoters to get his content, plus the whole Hearn situation is why he set up BoxNation
ie Josh Warrington...FFS, he make Malignaggi look like Ernie Shavers. Was going to say I can't believe there are that many stupid people in Leeds, then I thought about what I just said and retract my previous comment

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:00 pm

I was thinking pretty much the whole stable, there seems to be a pattern of talking up a fight against a fighter seemingly on the same level, it not happening then Hearns and crew quietly blame the other side saying they are ducking his guy and then taking a lesser fight

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:21 am

DAVE667 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:Hearns way of doing things works for Sky, he doesn't take big risks with fighters (Brook now being an exception) and they build records and reputations that punters buy into and they tune into their fights plus he puts on regular shows giving them regular content.

ie Josh Warrington...FFS, he make Malignaggi look like Ernie Shavers. Was going to say I can't believe there are that many stupid people in Leeds, then I thought about what I just said and retract my previous comment

... People from Leeds must be stupid... They voluntarily live near bradford

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:39 am

Thanks for the replies, I agree with most of whats said.

Hope Carl can do it but agree he didn't look great in his last couple of fights - hopefully the weight cut was the issue and the move up might help but not totally convinced - don't think he has the frame to go up and be as effective against taller, stronger men.

Hope I'm wrong - in Belfast I'd give him 50:50 to pull off an upset but not in the states.

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:55 am

milkyboy wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

... People from Leeds must be stupid... They voluntarily live near bradford
I'm actually inbetween Leeds and Bradford. So I'm stuck between people too stupid to live anywhere other than Bradford and people who voluntarily live near Bradford. I'd move but it means a pain-in-the-ar$e commute everyday or find another job and I can't be bothered with any of that lark at my age.

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:05 am

I was actually thinking about moving to Leeds in the near future but you guys aren't really selling the place .... Smile
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:36 am

I was brought up in horsforth. Leeds was a dump back then, but think it's a great city now. Bradford? Well bradford's consistent.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:51 pm

Santa Cruz on points for me. He throws a few too many, Frampton might land the cleverer shots but won't land them with enough frequency. Also not sure Carl has improved much over the last couple of years. Will be close but just fancy LSC, think he has better stamina for what may be a gruelling fight.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:17 pm

LSC wins and wins easily. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:12 pm

Seems to be fairly unanimous then for LSC - except Frank Bunce maybe...

Does anyone fancy Frampton to win?
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:39 pm

rodders wrote:Seems to be fairly unanimous then for LSC - except Frank Bunce maybe...

Does anyone fancy Frampton to win?

I Think Haz has picked him. It is hard for me not to pick him, because he is my countryman and I have seen him live a t least 10 times. I just don't like this match up for him. I really hope I'm wrong. I have to be objective. Just because I support someone, doesn't mean I have to pick them.

I remember when Hatton was going to fight Floyd. Every Englishman interviewed said he was going to beat Floyd. I cringed for them being so biased.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:50 pm

Adam out of interest who would you have liked to have seen him fight?

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:55 pm

Don't get me wrong. I am glad he is fighting Santa Cruz. To be the best, you need to fight the big names. I just think this is a bad match up for Carl. Maybe I am basing too much on Frampton's American debut.

Personally I would of liked him to fight Rigo. He was the best in his division and deserved the fight with Frampton. Santa Cruz also wanted no part of him.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:01 pm

Santa Cruz definitely looking to duck Gary Russell if he wins looking for Mares rematch ducked Rigo, if you come to him you lose but if you box you have a chance, a slick boxer who sticks to his gameplan is the type of boxer he fears. Frampton has to ignore the fans and Santa Cruz' demands that he comes to fight a win is more important than pleasing the fans sometimes

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:03 pm

I think they were right to skip Rigo from a business perspective. Commercially the fight made no sense at all and  the chances of losing were pretty high.

This one at least will boost his profile state side and if he wins he becomes a 2 weight world champion.

Anything other than a bad defeat and the Quigg rematch is still on the table, plus Selby maybe if they will work with match room again.

I didn't think they'd take this fight actually - its medium risk, high reward and a  bold move by team Cyclone I think.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:11 pm

If Framps wins, then a Selby fight would be quite big over here. Though I don't think that is the route he will go down.

If Frampton wins, then I see the most of his fights happening in the States.

It is a Bold move Rodders, but the McGuigan's have a lot of faith in Carls abilities. Maybe he can pull it off.

My heart is starting to rule my head again Very Happy

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:28 pm

Yea I don't believe they'd have taken it unless they saw something in LSC that gave them confidence they could win.

Frampton's form hasn't been great since Avalos - maybe that is the weight cut, motivation since becoming WC or just age, I don't know but hopefully he'll pull off a career best performance here.

In fairness he was comfortable enough against Quigg but he did seem to gas a bit later on despite not doing a huge amount and being conservative with his energy early on.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:42 pm

From some of the interviews I've seen, it seems LSC has been avoiding Frampton for a few years and the Gonzalez fight made him seem vulnerable so guys like Quigg and LSC saw an opportunity.

The advantages those who favour LSC say he has aren't as big as some seem to think. The reach advantage against Gonzalez was 8 inches and Frampton nullified it, LSC will use his better but Frampton has a good boxing brain and tactically he is usually set up well. The extra weight I think will be an advantage, hes walking round a bit heavier these days so weight cuts have been harder, maybe even will explain a drop in sharpness in his recent fights, so I can see him hitting a bit harder and being a good bit fitter and sharper.

LSC is a class above anything that hes faced before and I think it will be very close.

Rigo though I think is a step above both, though his calibre of opponents could make him look better

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:53 pm

marty2086 wrote:From some of the interviews I've seen, it seems LSC has been avoiding Frampton for a few years and the Gonzalez fight made him seem vulnerable so guys like Quigg and LSC saw an opportunity.

The advantages those who favour LSC say he has aren't as big as some seem to think. The reach advantage against Gonzalez was 8 inches and Frampton nullified it, LSC will use his better but Frampton has a good boxing brain and tactically he is usually set up well. The extra weight I think will be an advantage, hes walking round a bit heavier these days so weight cuts have been harder, maybe even will explain a drop in sharpness in his recent fights, so I can see him hitting a bit harder and being a good bit fitter and sharper.

LSC is a class above anything that hes faced before and I think it will be very close.

Rigo though I think is a step above both, though his calibre of opponents could make him look better

Good post and I hope you're right. I have LSC favourite, but only just. Maybe Frampton will step his game up and the Quigg win will give him back his confidence. Everyone makes a big deal about the American debut, but he still won quite comfortably in the end.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:03 pm

I don't know, I'm not convinced.

I think the knock downs against Gonzales really has affected Frampton confidence in his chin and power as well.

Against Kiko first time and Avalos too, he was prepared to stand in the pocket and trade in the middle - late rounds after he'd showed his boxing skills earlier on.

I thought he might do the same with Quigg at some point to prove a point but to me he just doesn't look the same fighter.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:18 pm

rodders the shots weren't on his chin though, I watched the first round a few days ago again and he was more knocked over than knocked down. To me it was his balance was the problem, the first knockdown was a shot that caught him in the chest as he was coming forward, the second was to the side of the head as he was moving down.

Both times he was up and unfazed, its one of the reasons I think it'll be closer than most are claiming.

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:49 pm

milkyboy wrote:I was brought up in horsforth. Leeds was a dump back then, but think it's a great city now. Bradford? Well bradford's consistent.
Still plenty of places in Leeds to sent a shudder running through you

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:59 pm

Can't really say either ducked Rigo in true sense of the word they both had options this fight was always going to happen before Rigo. Not as though they are doing a Stevenson and fighting lesser fighters they are facing their main rivals Mares Quigg and now each other tip my hat off to them. They got options after this fight too Selby Russell Jr Quigg rematch etc. Hell even a rematch of this. Sad fact of life for Rigo who maybe should move up what else can he do the money is at featherweight now is it not

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:49 pm

marty2086 wrote:rodders the shots weren't on his chin though, I watched the first round a few days ago again and he was more knocked over than knocked down. To me it was his balance was the problem, the first knockdown was a shot that caught him in the chest as he was coming forward, the second was to the side of the head as he was moving down.

Both times he was up and unfazed, its one of the reasons I think it'll be closer than most are claiming.

No I agree but I still think the fight dented his confidence, in his own power and chin as well.

Up until then he'd been fairly dominant physically over his opponents - even against Kiko, despite being wary of Kiko early on. Even though he is still unbeaten he's lost that aura of invincibility unbeaten fighters sometimes have.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:28 am

The money market is certainly moving in favour of Santa Cruz the closer the fight comes. When the fight was announced it was close to 50/50. I might fancy Santa Cruz at that. But 2/1 or better on Frampton would representive a bit of value to me.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:29 am

DAVE667 wrote:
milkyboy wrote:I was brought up in horsforth. Leeds was a dump back then, but think it's a great city now. Bradford? Well bradford's consistent.

I walked (drunk) through a place called Chapletown after a Warrington fight. Lively.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:33 am

I think LSC will take a decision - one close enough for argument. Home advantage (I know it's NY rather than Vegas, but still) is so crucial in big fights.

I think Frampton's stamina will be better with an additional 4 lbs. I think the height, reach and LSC's straight right are the difficulties he has to overcome.

Frampton may need to land something massive - maybe against the run of play. Looking at them, you'd fancy he could crease LSC in half if he landed to the body - but he has to get in there first.

Really tough style match-up for Frampton.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:28 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Undoubtedly. Don't think Atila or haz, saw the finer attributes of the city.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next