Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by Guest on Fri 05 Aug 2016, 11:35 am

First topic message reminder :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36966374

Read this you miserable c*nts and tell me the World isn't a brilliant place sometimes!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down


Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by Guest on Sat 22 Oct 2016, 3:50 pm

Bob Dylan angering the Swedish Nobel Prize Committee for failing to give any response to them awarding him the Nobel Prize for Literature.  They are calling him impolite and arrogant.  Personally, I find it heart-warming.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-37740379

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by Guest on Mon 24 Oct 2016, 5:25 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-37734883
Nice to see the Police getting portrayed in a positive light for a change

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by dyrewolfe on Tue 25 Oct 2016, 11:40 am

Nore Staat wrote:Bob Dylan angering the Swedish Nobel Prize Committee for failing to give any response to them awarding him the Nobel Prize for Literature.  They are calling him impolite and arrogant.  Personally, I find it heart-warming.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-37740379


I'm not sure what they were expecting...and IMO its just another example of how idiotic the world is getting. He's a musician FFS! I don't think he's ever written a book in his life, unless he's done an autobiography. With all the authors out there who have been getting published for years, why couldn't they have chosen one of those?

So, yes I'm quite happy he's given them the cold shoulder.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Posts : 6420
Join date : 2011-03-13
Location : Restaurant at the end of the Universe

Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by Guest on Tue 25 Oct 2016, 12:17 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:
Nore Staat wrote:Bob Dylan angering the Swedish Nobel Prize Committee for failing to give any response to them awarding him the Nobel Prize for Literature.  They are calling him impolite and arrogant.  Personally, I find it heart-warming.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-37740379


I'm not sure what they were expecting...and IMO its just another example of how idiotic the world is getting. He's a musician FFS! I don't think he's ever written a book in his life, unless he's done an autobiography. With all the authors out there who have been getting published for years, why couldn't they have chosen one of those?

So, yes I'm quite happy he's given them the cold shoulder.
I have never understood why the Nobel Prize committee awarded Barack Obama the Nobel Peace Prize for having US voters vote him into the US Presidential office.  It seemed to be some ill-thought out gesture politics cos he waz black.  They said they gave him the prize for his "potential for peace".  If anything the Nobel Prize committee should have awarded the Peace Prize to the US electorate for voting him into power, or maybe to John McCain & Sarah Palin for providing such a woeful opposition to Obama's election campaign.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by Rowley on Thu 27 Oct 2016, 7:55 am

dyrewolfe wrote:


I'm not sure what they were expecting...and IMO its just another example of how idiotic the world is getting. He's a musician FFS! I don't think he's ever written a book in his life,.

He has.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Posts : 22053
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 46
Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by superflyweight on Thu 27 Oct 2016, 9:13 am

Rowley wrote:
dyrewolfe wrote:


I'm not sure what they were expecting...and IMO its just another example of how idiotic the world is getting. He's a musician FFS! I don't think he's ever written a book in his life,.

He has.

I doubt it was better than Bravo Two Zero by Andy McNab.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 6366
Join date : 2011-01-26
Location : Right here waiting for you

Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by Rowley on Thu 27 Oct 2016, 9:16 am

Obviously.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Posts : 22053
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 46
Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by rick_dagless on Thu 27 Oct 2016, 9:53 am

Better than the Big Lebowski?

rick_dagless
rik
rik

Posts : 11075
Join date : 2013-04-29
Location : Feeling souper

Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by dyrewolfe on Thu 27 Oct 2016, 11:16 am

Rowley wrote:
dyrewolfe wrote:


I'm not sure what they were expecting...and IMO its just another example of how idiotic the world is getting. He's a musician FFS! I don't think he's ever written a book in his life,.

He has.

You could have at least posted a link...

And even so, I would be a large sum of money his literary output doesn't even begin to compare to a full-time author's.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Posts : 6420
Join date : 2011-03-13
Location : Restaurant at the end of the Universe

Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by Guest on Thu 27 Oct 2016, 11:53 am

dyrewolfe wrote:
Rowley wrote:
dyrewolfe wrote:


I'm not sure what they were expecting...and IMO its just another example of how idiotic the world is getting. He's a musician FFS! I don't think he's ever written a book in his life,.

He has.

You could have at least posted a link...

And even so, I would be a large sum of money his literary output doesn't even begin to compare to a full-time author's.
It seems he has published six picture books - basically books of his drawings and paintings with no words ... they seem to be books sold alongside art exhibitions of his work, which contain images of his artworks from the exhibitions.

From Wikipedia:
"Dylan has published six books of drawings and paintings, and his work has been exhibited in major art galleries"
"In 1994 Random House published Drawn Blank, a book of Dylan's drawings."
https://www.amazon.com/Drawn-Blank-Bob-Dylan/dp/0679417885
"Bob Dylan: The Asia Series (2011)" [catalogue of his paintings]
https://www.amazon.com/Bob-Dylan-Asia/dp/1935263471

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by rick_dagless on Thu 27 Oct 2016, 11:59 am

Books by Bob Dylan[edit]
Dylan, Bob (1971). Tarantula. Macmillan. ISBN 0261633376.
Dylan, Bob (1973). Writings and Drawings by Bob Dylan. Jonathan Cape. ISBN 0-224-00867-6.
Dylan, Bob (1985). Lyrics: 1962–1985. Knopf. ISBN 978-0394542782.
Dylan, Bob (2004). Chronicles: Volume One. Simon & Schuster. ISBN 0-7432-2815-4.
Dylan, Bob (2004). Lyrics: 1962–2001. Simon & Schuster. ISBN 0-7432-3944X.
Dylan, Bob (2014). Lyrics: Since 1962. Simon & Schuster. ISBN 978-1476797700. Edited by Christopher Ricks, Lisa Nemrow, Julie Nemrow.[1]

Art books by Bob Dylan[edit]
Dylan, Bob (1994). Drawn Blank. Random House. ISBN 978-0679417880.
Dylan, Bob (2008). The Drawn Blank Series. Prestel. ISBN 978-3791339436.
Dylan, Bob (2010). The Brazil Series. Prestel. ISBN 978-3791350981.
Dylan, Bob (2011). The Asia Series. Gagosian Gallery. ISBN 978-1935263470.
Dylan, Bob (2013). Revisionist Art: Thirty Works by Bob Dylan. Abrams. ISBN 978-1419709791.
Dylan, Bob (2014). Bob Dylan: Face Value. National Portrait Gallery. ISBN 978-1855144804.

rick_dagless
rik
rik

Posts : 11075
Join date : 2013-04-29
Location : Feeling souper

Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by Guest on Thu 27 Oct 2016, 12:15 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Books by Bob Dylan[edit]
Dylan, Bob (1971). Tarantula. Macmillan. ISBN 0261633376.
Dylan, Bob (1973). Writings and Drawings by Bob Dylan. Jonathan Cape. ISBN 0-224-00867-6.
Dylan, Bob (1985). Lyrics: 1962–1985. Knopf. ISBN 978-0394542782.
Dylan, Bob (2004). Chronicles: Volume One. Simon & Schuster. ISBN 0-7432-2815-4.
Dylan, Bob (2004). Lyrics: 1962–2001. Simon & Schuster. ISBN 0-7432-3944X.
Dylan, Bob (2014). Lyrics: Since 1962. Simon & Schuster. ISBN 978-1476797700. Edited by Christopher Ricks, Lisa Nemrow, Julie Nemrow.[1]

Art books by Bob Dylan[edit]
Dylan, Bob (1994). Drawn Blank. Random House. ISBN 978-0679417880.
Dylan, Bob (2008). The Drawn Blank Series. Prestel. ISBN 978-3791339436.
Dylan, Bob (2010). The Brazil Series. Prestel. ISBN 978-3791350981.
Dylan, Bob (2011). The Asia Series. Gagosian Gallery. ISBN 978-1935263470.
Dylan, Bob (2013). Revisionist Art: Thirty Works by Bob Dylan. Abrams. ISBN 978-1419709791.
Dylan, Bob (2014). Bob Dylan: Face Value. National Portrait Gallery. ISBN 978-1855144804.
Very good.

Chronicles is the first volume of a planned three volume autobiography.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronicles:_Volume_One

Tarantula is an experimental prose poetry collection by Bob Dylan, written in 1965 and 1966. ... it was officially published to critical scorn. In 2003 Spin magazine did an article called the "Top Five Unintelligible Sentences from Books Written by Rock Stars." Dylan came in first place with this line from Tarantula: "Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarantula_(Dylan_book)

Dylan, Bob (1973). Writings and Drawings: a collection of lyrics and personal drawings from Bob Dylan. It was published in 1973 and is currently out-of-print. The book contained Dylan's lyrics from 1962's Bob Dylan to selections from 1971's Greatest Hits, Volume 2. Also included are poems and other writings including album liner notes. The lyrics and writings are arranged by album era, with unreleased songs grouped with the album of its period. The list price for the new book c. 1973 is $6.95.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Writings_and_Drawings

Basically apart from his drawings, autobiography, and his lyrics the only thing of note is his "Tarantula" book, which unfortunately has been labelled gibberish by the critics.  

So basically he must have got his Nobel Prize for literature for his song lyrics.  The Nobel Prize committee's pronouncement suggest he was awarded it because of the impact his music had on the anti-Vietnam peace movement in the US and around the world.  Strange.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by superflyweight on Thu 27 Oct 2016, 12:19 pm

Taken from the official website:

The Nobel Prize in Literature 2016

Bob Dylan

"for having created new poetic expressions within the great American song tradition"

This seems in keeping with the reasons for which others have received the award over the years.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 6366
Join date : 2011-01-26
Location : Right here waiting for you

Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by Guest on Thu 27 Oct 2016, 12:22 pm

superflyweight wrote:Taken from the official website:

The Nobel Prize in Literature 2016

Bob Dylan

"for having created new poetic expressions within the great American song tradition"

This seems in keeping with the reasons for which others have received the award over the years.  
Thanks for clarifying that.

Personally, I find Navaho songs to be spiritually deep meaning.  

But anyway it is their prize (the Nobel committee) and they can do what they want with it.  Bob Dylan has yet to respond or acknowledge the award.  He hasn't rejected it, he just hasn't acknowledged it.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by Scott is Back on Fri 28 Oct 2016, 10:17 am

superflyweight wrote:
Rowley wrote:
dyrewolfe wrote:


I'm not sure what they were expecting...and IMO its just another example of how idiotic the world is getting. He's a musician FFS! I don't think he's ever written a book in his life,.

He has.

I doubt it was better than Bravo Two Zero by Andy McNab.  

Partridge Reference - You win clap

Scott is Back

Posts : 635
Join date : 2011-05-05

Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by superflyweight on Fri 28 Oct 2016, 11:49 am

Scott is Back wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
Rowley wrote:
dyrewolfe wrote:


I'm not sure what they were expecting...and IMO its just another example of how idiotic the world is getting. He's a musician FFS! I don't think he's ever written a book in his life,.

He has.

I doubt it was better than Bravo Two Zero by Andy McNab.  

Partridge Reference - You win clap

It actually gets better with every read.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 6366
Join date : 2011-01-26
Location : Right here waiting for you

Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by dyrewolfe on Fri 28 Oct 2016, 11:58 am

rick_dagless wrote:Books by Bob Dylan[edit]
Dylan, Bob (1971). Tarantula. Macmillan. ISBN 0261633376.
Dylan, Bob (1973). Writings and Drawings by Bob Dylan. Jonathan Cape. ISBN 0-224-00867-6.
Dylan, Bob (1985). Lyrics: 1962–1985. Knopf. ISBN 978-0394542782.
Dylan, Bob (2004). Chronicles: Volume One. Simon & Schuster. ISBN 0-7432-2815-4.
Dylan, Bob (2004). Lyrics: 1962–2001. Simon & Schuster. ISBN 0-7432-3944X.
Dylan, Bob (2014). Lyrics: Since 1962. Simon & Schuster. ISBN 978-1476797700. Edited by Christopher Ricks, Lisa Nemrow, Julie Nemrow.[1]

Art books by Bob Dylan[edit]
Dylan, Bob (1994). Drawn Blank. Random House. ISBN 978-0679417880.
Dylan, Bob (2008). The Drawn Blank Series. Prestel. ISBN 978-3791339436.
Dylan, Bob (2010). The Brazil Series. Prestel. ISBN 978-3791350981.
Dylan, Bob (2011). The Asia Series. Gagosian Gallery. ISBN 978-1935263470.
Dylan, Bob (2013). Revisionist Art: Thirty Works by Bob Dylan. Abrams. ISBN 978-1419709791.
Dylan, Bob (2014). Bob Dylan: Face Value. National Portrait Gallery. ISBN 978-1855144804.

Right...so 6 actual books (as opposed to collections of pictures) in 40-odd years.

Good for a musician but hardly good for a "full time" writer.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Posts : 6420
Join date : 2011-03-13
Location : Restaurant at the end of the Universe

Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by superflyweight on Fri 28 Oct 2016, 1:23 pm

Winston Churchill won the Nobel Prize for Literature.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 6366
Join date : 2011-01-26
Location : Right here waiting for you

Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by Rowley on Fri 28 Oct 2016, 1:46 pm

I have never cared who has won the Nobel Prize for literature, or indeed anything, not sure why Dylan winning would alter that.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Posts : 22053
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 46
Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by superflyweight on Fri 28 Oct 2016, 2:22 pm

I'm just not sure on what basis people are forming an opinion as to what the criteria should be for winning it. Looking at previous winners and the reasons given by the Nobel Committee, I don't think Bob Dylan's award for his song lyrics (not his books) is completely left field.

Suggestion on here seems to be that it should go to some author who's written loads of books. In which case, Barbara Cartland's estate should look forward to accepting next year's award on her behalf.

It's the Nobel Prize for Literature not the Nobel Prize for Writing Books.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 6366
Join date : 2011-01-26
Location : Right here waiting for you

Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Fri 28 Oct 2016, 3:09 pm

Why is Dylan winning it for songwriting any different to the raft of winners who wrote poetry?

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by Tattie Scones RRN on Wed 09 Nov 2016, 5:20 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37926623

Nice touch and perhaps a great last memory for the poor wee lad.

Tattie Scones RRN

Posts : 1748
Join date : 2011-05-24
Age : 43
Location : Scottish Rugby Purgatory

Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by navyblueshorts on Fri 13 Jan 2017, 2:47 pm

Missed this initially due to its 'Newsbeat' location on the BBC web site, but found this quite touching:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/38611031/the-bush-sisters-wrote-this-touching-letter-to-sasha-and-malia-obama

Not sure where Dubya's daughters' political sympathies lie, but perhaps the actual differences in the U.S. (and the U.K.?) aren't so great after all...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8333
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 19 Jan 2017, 6:32 pm

Apparently partners that fall under Pisces, Aquarius and Aries signs are most likely to cheat on you...Luckily my red blow up doll is a Capricorn..

So if your Mrs falls under one of the above 3 signs you know what to do..

When she's finished cooking supper and done the washing up tell her it's over......Just say it's you and not her !!

She'll understand... thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38778
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by JuliusHMarx on Thu 19 Jan 2017, 7:09 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Apparently partners that fall under Pisces, Aquarius and Aries signs are most likely to cheat on you...Luckily my red blow up doll is a Capricorn..

So if your Mrs falls under one of the above 3 signs you know what to do..

When she's finished cooking supper and done the washing up tell her it's over......Just say it's you and not her !!

She'll understand... thumbsup

That's annoying. My wife is Pisces and my 2 mistresses are Aquarius and Aries.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 18711
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by SecretFly on Thu 19 Jan 2017, 7:26 pm

laughing

What a dilemma!

I could offer to take the Aquarius off your hands. My sign is compatible with mistresses of that hue.

SecretFly

Posts : 31131
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Sun 22 Jan 2017, 9:31 pm

Apparently Women prefer guys that are 5ft 11 to any other height.......

Luckily for me I'm in the proximity.........So if I ever get to dump the ball and chain I'm gonna be a babe-magnet.......Albeit of the Sugar Daddy variety..

Anyone else now you know where you are going wrong !!........My advice...Get used to squatting or jumping up regularly in nightclubs when talking to broads.......

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38778
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by SecretFly on Mon 23 Jan 2017, 11:27 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Apparently Women prefer guys that are 5ft 11 to any other height.......

Luckily for me I'm in the proximity.........So if I ever get to dump the ball and chain I'm gonna be a babe-magnet.......Albeit of the Sugar Daddy variety..

Anyone else now you know where you are going wrong !!........My advice...Get used to squatting or jumping up regularly in nightclubs when talking to broads.......

Ah it's easier than that.  Just wear six inch heals and officially declare yourself a female for the night in the gender fluid way.  When she says she likes your stubble and deep voice but is not a lesbian (so couldn't and wouldn't, shouldn't and mustn't) that's the moment to do an instant revert back to being officially a man and give her your number.  Also give her a gift of the six inchers.

SecretFly

Posts : 31131
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by rick_dagless on Mon 23 Jan 2017, 11:45 am

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-38713952

rick_dagless
rik
rik

Posts : 11075
Join date : 2013-04-29
Location : Feeling souper

Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by rick_dagless on Thu 02 Feb 2017, 11:52 am

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-38822270

rick_dagless
rik
rik

Posts : 11075
Join date : 2013-04-29
Location : Feeling souper

Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 02 Feb 2017, 2:12 pm

See Katie Price's net worth is valued at $67 million.........Have to admire the girl. She has a knack for self-promotion that anybody considered "brighter" could only dream of..

If you've got it....Flaunt it.....

Good luck to her..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38778
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by SecretFly on Thu 02 Feb 2017, 2:21 pm

And when she takes the dreadful warpaint off, she's a nice looking woman to boot.

SecretFly

Posts : 31131
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by superflyweight on Thu 02 Feb 2017, 2:31 pm

She does have her knockers.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 6366
Join date : 2011-01-26
Location : Right here waiting for you

Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by SecretFly on Thu 02 Feb 2017, 2:38 pm

Are they hers again? She's so mine/not-mine-again with those knockers.

SecretFly

Posts : 31131
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by navyblueshorts on Thu 02 Feb 2017, 2:50 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:See Katie Price's net worth is valued at $67 million.........Have to admire the girl.  She has a knack for self-promotion that anybody considered "brighter" could only dream of..

If you've got it....Flaunt it.....

Good luck to her..
Fair play to her. $67m?? Impressive though.

SecretFly wrote:And when she takes the dreadful warpaint off, she's a nice looking woman to boot.
Seriously? Not really for me.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8333
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by SecretFly on Thu 02 Feb 2017, 3:01 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:

SecretFly wrote:And when she takes the dreadful warpaint off, she's a nice looking woman to boot.
Seriously? Not really for me.

Well now she wouldn't be my type but I'm saying without the supposed 'beautifying' makeup, she's much better - as many women are.

So what's your type then, navy?  Name five and I'll do likewise.

SecretFly

Posts : 31131
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by navyblueshorts on Thu 02 Feb 2017, 4:01 pm

SecretFly wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

SecretFly wrote:And when she takes the dreadful warpaint off, she's a nice looking woman to boot.
Seriously? Not really for me.

Well now she wouldn't be my type but I'm saying without the supposed 'beautifying' makeup, she's much better - as many women are.

So what's your type then, navy?  Name five and I'll do likewise.
Oh, I agree with the makeup thing.

My 'types'? Hmmm...the wife, obviously, but other than that, I'll go all fantasy I think:

1) A younger Charlize Theron.
2) I could get interested in someone like Dia Mirza.
3) Quite like the cheekily dimpled Miranda Kerr.
4) Jennifer Lawrence? I think so.
5) Oh, and I'll happily find out more about Amy Adams as well...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8333
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by SecretFly on Thu 02 Feb 2017, 4:44 pm

Famke Janssen

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Famke-Janssen

Emily Blunt

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 1401803027438

Eva Green

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Eva8-1

Drew Barrymore

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Drew_barrymore_20

Rosario Dawson

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Rosario-Dawson

SecretFly

Posts : 31131
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by SecretFly on Thu 02 Feb 2017, 4:47 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:

1) A younger Charlize Theron.
2) I could get interested in someone like Dia Mirza.
3) Quite like the cheekily dimpled Miranda Kerr.
4) Jennifer Lawrence? I think so.
5) Oh, and I'll happily find out more about Amy Adams as well...

Damn fine list, navy.

SecretFly

Posts : 31131
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by JuliusHMarx on Thu 02 Feb 2017, 4:52 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:5) Oh, and I'll happily find out more about Amy Adams as well...

Amy Adams was born on August 20, 1974, in Vicenza, Veneto, Italy, the fourth of seven children of American parents.
During her years at Douglas County High School, Adams sang in the school choir and trained as an apprentice at a local dance company with ambitions of becoming a ballerina.

Let me know if you want more....

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 18711
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by SecretFly on Thu 02 Feb 2017, 5:03 pm

............... are stalkers still illegal?

SecretFly

Posts : 31131
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by navyblueshorts on Thu 02 Feb 2017, 10:05 pm

SecretFly wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

1) A younger Charlize Theron.
2) I could get interested in someone like Dia Mirza.
3) Quite like the cheekily dimpled Miranda Kerr.
4) Jennifer Lawrence? I think so.
5) Oh, and I'll happily find out more about Amy Adams as well...

Damn fine list, navy.
Why, thank-you. I hadn't thought about Ms. Green - definitely something moreish about her!

JuliusHMarx wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:5) Oh, and I'll happily find out more about Amy Adams as well...

Amy Adams was born on August 20, 1974, in Vicenza, Veneto, Italy, the fourth of seven children of American parents.
During her years at Douglas County High School, Adams sang in the school choir and trained as an apprentice at a local dance company with ambitions of becoming a ballerina.

Let me know if you want more....
Ahh. Thanks. That's just what I was after re. Ms. Adams!
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8333
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri 03 Feb 2017, 10:09 am

I know she is knocking on now like Sophia Loren.... but a young

Macha Meril............la jeune fiancee....

The ultimate femme fatale....

Great actress too.......

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38778
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri 03 Mar 2017, 12:55 pm

A new study has come out which shows if you're happy and positive you are less likely to become ill.

#Ban-Marriage.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38778
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by navyblueshorts on Fri 03 Mar 2017, 1:37 pm

Quite liked this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39150763
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8333
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri 24 Mar 2017, 5:11 pm

One for the road.....

Few years ago went to a Christmas family do.... where my Uncle Ron and Uncle Patrick were both in attendance.....Hated eachother for years and both getting on for 80 yrs old......One is a staunch Democrat and one a staunch Republican which when you consider Ron is worth a lot more money and is the Democrat its quite surprising in some ways......

The bourbon flowed with the usual political bile and threats.....the rest of us pretending we were invisible but having fun watching....

When Uncle Pat got up to leave chucking a sarcastic barb at Uncle Ron and managing to collapse p**sed at the same time.....(He took some lifting at 6 ft 4 and at least 250 I can tell you)

Uncle Ronnie got up and declared "There you go everybody...Typical Republican can't take his drink!!"...

You're never to old to be crazy !!!!!!....and hopefully you never will be...

Enjoy the weekend.. thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38778
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by navyblueshorts on Mon 15 May 2017, 5:06 pm

MacKenzie gets the boot. Contemptible excuse for a human. Shame he'll just pop up like a nasty jack-in-a-box somewhere else:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39926876
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8333
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 15 May 2017, 5:09 pm

He will be back after Murdoch gets the SKY takeover.

He isn’t good for Rupert at the moment.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38778
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by navyblueshorts on Mon 15 May 2017, 5:16 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He will be back after Murdoch gets the SKY takeover.

He isn’t good for Rupert at the moment.
Hopefully, neither happen. Not sure what's going on at Fox is helping Rupert's case, especially after NotW and hacking etc. Hopefully the Sky bid is seriously canned.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8333
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Sun 23 Jul 2017, 9:02 am

Was out with my number 2 around Manchester Friday night and passed an Asian guy bringing food and bottled water to a dishevelled young girl who obviously lived on the street.....Reinforces the community spirit most of us regardless of background share...

Where I'm from the places "Down on their luck" people reside in were called..Nickels.

I know a place where a Royal flush never beats a pair..
Where even Thomas Jefferson is on the nickel over there..
Thought I heard a mocking bird..Roosevelt knows where..
Skip the light with all they took on the nickel over there..

Take it easy..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38778
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Heartwarming Story of the Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartwarming Story of the Day!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum