Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park?

Go down

Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park? Empty Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park?

Post by emack2 on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 1:49 pm

RC[4 N`s]one week away the Wallabies smarting after 3-0 loss to England ,gathered there NH
based players.With 4 weeks rest meet NZ in Aus.on an assault on the Bledisloe Cup Nz as
yet unsettled with only a weeks rest interesting who`s the Ref.
NZ then 3 home games then travel to Argentina then face a Lions based Bok side [rested]on
the veldt at Ellis Park.
Start of decline by them to 2019 RWC as the over 30`s leave?

emack2

Posts : 3686
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 76
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park? Empty Re: Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park?

Post by Pot Hale on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 5:16 pm

NZ to win.
Aus and SA to play for second/third spot.
Arg last.

All a bit predictable really.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Posts : 6522
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 97
Location : Duffling

Back to top Go down

Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park? Empty Re: Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park?

Post by George Carlin on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 5:27 pm

Aren't you impressed with the strength in depth shown by the NZ Super franchises this year, Alan?

I cannot see that a country who can put out 4 teams like that could possibly be regressing.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 14694
Join date : 2011-06-23
Location : United Arab Emirates

Back to top Go down

Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park? Empty Re: Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park?

Post by yappysnap on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 10:23 pm

NZ to win


























SA are slightly not as bad






OZ are pretty bad






Arg are badest

yappysnap

Posts : 11585
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 31
Location : Christchurch, NZ

Back to top Go down

Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park? Empty Re: Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park?

Post by yappysnap on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 10:26 pm

George Carlin wrote:Aren't you impressed with the strength in depth shown by the NZ Super franchises this year, Alan?

I cannot see that a country who can put out 4 teams like that could possibly be regressing.

Was explaining to a friend which NZ Superrugby side was the best and just kept going in circles. Even by the end of the season their weakest team, the Blues, were humping other quality sides for funs.

When you look at the players in their teams it's just terrifying. I'd love for them to travel up north and play a few NH sides

yappysnap

Posts : 11585
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 31
Location : Christchurch, NZ

Back to top Go down

Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park? Empty Re: Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park?

Post by Pot Hale on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 10:33 pm

yappysnap wrote:
George Carlin wrote:Aren't you impressed with the strength in depth shown by the NZ Super franchises this year, Alan?

I cannot see that a country who can put out 4 teams like that could possibly be regressing.

Was explaining to a friend which NZ Superrugby side was the best and just kept going in circles. Even by the end of the season their weakest team, the Blues, were humping other quality sides for funs.

When you look at the players in their teams it's just terrifying. I'd love for them to travel up north and play a few NH sides

And have the matches in large stadia and split the pot with them 50/50.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Posts : 6522
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 97
Location : Duffling

Back to top Go down

Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park? Empty Re: Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park?

Post by ebop on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 10:48 pm

Yeah, could be a down payment for the several hundreds of players and coaches that NZR have developed and lovingly donated to the NH over the years for 'zero' return on investment.
ebop
ebop

Posts : 4904
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park? Empty Re: Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park?

Post by lostinwales on Sat 13 Aug 2016, 12:07 pm

ebop wrote:Yeah, could be a down payment for the several hundreds of players and coaches that NZR have developed and lovingly donated to the NH over the years for 'zero' return on investment.

Or we could claim back some of the 10's (100's) of thousands of pounds we have put into ex all-black pension funds.

Nothing is forcing these guys to come north.

lostinwales

Posts : 8597
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park? Empty Re: Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park?

Post by emack2 on Sat 13 Aug 2016, 9:40 pm

I am to long in the tooth to accept things at face value,Aus team with
respect is not the side lost 3-0 to England.
NOT saying the result wouldn't have been the same,this side has a
settled back row and backs division.
Aus first up especially at Sydney are always likely to be a handful
Super Rugby isn`t test Rugby.
NZ mid field and 7 combinations not yet there as yet great as
individuals not as a team.
IF all the Games were played in Wellington Barrett is a certain starter
BUT it isn`t.Goal kicking is a weakness potentially neither Cruden nor
Barrett inspire confidence in this area.
Crotty is very much in the Conrad Smith mode,efficent rather than
flash.
Sopanga at 10,or McKenzie on the wing would fix that problem.
I`d love to see Matt Todd given a run he is the nearest to a
McCaw/Kronfeld model could go the full 80plus if required.
Vito is currently rated about number 10 in the number 6
stakes.Brad Shields must be very close to squad Lutua is
making claims too.
SBW Achilles problems usually players seldom come back
the same.
Away matches are the key to RC and will be a big factor
if it comes to a high speed game on the Veldt.
Bledisloe loss unlikely given NZ have 2 Home games
but the RC very possibly will not go there way.

emack2

Posts : 3686
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 76
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park? Empty Re: Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park?

Post by GeordieFalcon on Mon 15 Aug 2016, 3:53 pm

emack2 wrote:I am to long in the tooth to accept things at face value,Aus team with
respect is not the side lost 3-0 to England.

NOT saying the result wouldn't have been the same,this side has a
settled back row and backs division.
Aus first up especially at Sydney are always likely to be a handful
Super Rugby isn`t test Rugby.
NZ mid field and 7 combinations not yet there as yet great as
individuals not as a team.
IF all the Games were played in Wellington Barrett is a certain starter
BUT it isn`t.Goal kicking is a weakness potentially neither Cruden nor
Barrett inspire confidence in this area.
Crotty is very much in the Conrad Smith mode,efficent rather than
flash.
Sopanga at 10,or McKenzie on the wing would fix that problem.
I`d love to see Matt Todd given a run he is the nearest to a
McCaw/Kronfeld model could go the full 80plus if required.
Vito is currently rated about number 10 in the number 6
stakes.Brad Shields must be very close to squad Lutua is
making claims too.
SBW Achilles problems usually players seldom come back
the same.
Away matches are the key to RC and will be a big factor
if it comes to a high speed game on the Veldt.
Bledisloe loss unlikely given NZ have 2 Home games
but the RC very possibly will not go there way.

Is it not???

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 21295
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park? Empty Re: Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park?

Post by marty2086 on Tue 16 Aug 2016, 9:50 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:
emack2 wrote:I am to long in the tooth to accept things at face value,Aus team with
respect is not the side lost 3-0 to England.

NOT saying the result wouldn't have been the same,this side has a
settled back row and backs division.
Aus first up especially at Sydney are always likely to be a handful
Super Rugby isn`t test Rugby.
NZ mid field and 7 combinations not yet there as yet great as
individuals not as a team.
IF all the Games were played in Wellington Barrett is a certain starter
BUT it isn`t.Goal kicking is a weakness potentially neither Cruden nor
Barrett inspire confidence in this area.
Crotty is very much in the Conrad Smith mode,efficent rather than
flash.
Sopanga at 10,or McKenzie on the wing would fix that problem.
I`d love to see Matt Todd given a run he is the nearest to a
McCaw/Kronfeld model could go the full 80plus if required.
Vito is currently rated about number 10 in the number 6
stakes.Brad Shields must be very close to squad Lutua is
making claims too.
SBW Achilles problems usually players seldom come back
the same.
Away matches are the key to RC and will be a big factor
if it comes to a high speed game on the Veldt.
Bledisloe loss unlikely given NZ have 2 Home games
but the RC very possibly will not go there way.

Is it not???

Genia, Cooper, Giteau, Mitchell and Ashley-Cooper all back in, that's a third of a team changed.

With whats going on with Lealiifano there'll be a fire about them to

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 33
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park? Empty Re: Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park?

Post by aucklandlaurie on Wed 17 Aug 2016, 11:14 pm

All Black team for Saturday night:
1. Wyatt Crockett
2. Nathan Harris
3. Owen Franks
4. Brodie Retallick
5. Sam Whitelock
6. Jerome Kaino
7. Sam Cane
8. Kieren Read
9. Aaron Smith
10. Beauden Barrett
12. Malakai Fekitoa
13. Ryan Crotty
11. Waisake Naholo
14. Ben Smith
15. Israel Dagg.

Bench:
Codie Taylor, Kane Hames, Charlie Faumuina, Liam Squire, Ardie Savea, T.J.Perenara, Aaron Cruden, Julian Savea.

The ABs will have to play as well as they can to win this, the last time these two teams met at A.N.Z. Wallabies won.


aucklandlaurie

Posts : 7525
Join date : 2011-06-27
Age : 63
Location : Auckland

Back to top Go down

Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park? Empty Re: Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park?

Post by emack2 on Thu 18 Aug 2016, 5:11 am

Agreed ,weakest AB side since 2009 if Barnes is anywhere near
AB loss.

emack2

Posts : 3686
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 76
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park? Empty Re: Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park?

Post by No 7&1/2 on Thu 18 Aug 2016, 6:55 am

Good to try and blame one the best refs in the world early doors, can never be a team or coaches fault.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 18808
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park? Empty Re: Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park?

Post by aucklandlaurie on Thu 18 Aug 2016, 7:35 am


Wallabies:
1. Scott Sio
2. Stephen Moore
3. Sekope Kefu
4. Kane Douglas
5. Rob Simmons
6. Ben McCalman
7. Michael Hooper
8. David Pocock
9. Will Genia
10. Bernard Foley
11. Dane Haylett-Petty
12. Matt Giteau
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. A.A.C.
15. Izzy Folau

Bench:
T. Potoa-Nau
J. Slipper
A. Ala'alatoa
D. Mumm
S. Fardy
N. Phipps
M. Toomua
R. Horne.

Negative intent versus Positive intent?

aucklandlaurie

Posts : 7525
Join date : 2011-06-27
Age : 63
Location : Auckland

Back to top Go down

Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park? Empty Re: Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park?

Post by GeordieFalcon on Thu 18 Aug 2016, 9:05 am

Giteau and Genia aside that looks like the side that England thrashed Wink

Ab's should have this one at a canter.

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 21295
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park? Empty Re: Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park?

Post by yappysnap on Thu 18 Aug 2016, 10:24 am

It's an odd world when you look at an Oz team and just think 'meh'.

Couple of good forwards but wouldn't take any of their backs on current form.

yappysnap

Posts : 11585
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 31
Location : Christchurch, NZ

Back to top Go down

Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park? Empty Re: Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park?

Post by GeordieFalcon on Thu 18 Aug 2016, 10:37 am

Yeah I agree Yappy.

I wonder if we are starting to see the beginning of the wane of Aussie rugby, as Football (Soccer over there), Aussie Rules, and the king which is Rugby League finally finishes it off?

Or is this just a blip?

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 21295
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park? Empty Re: Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park?

Post by aucklandlaurie on Fri 19 Aug 2016, 9:11 pm

yappysnap wrote:It's an odd world when you look at an Oz team and just think 'meh'.

Couple of good forwards but wouldn't take any of their backs on current form.

Not even Izzy?

aucklandlaurie

Posts : 7525
Join date : 2011-06-27
Age : 63
Location : Auckland

Back to top Go down

Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park? Empty Re: Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park?

Post by ebop on Fri 19 Aug 2016, 9:44 pm

England's backline must be amazing huh?
ebop
ebop

Posts : 4904
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park? Empty Re: Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park?

Post by aucklandlaurie on Fri 19 Aug 2016, 10:19 pm


Well a lot better than Australia's ten weeks ago. interesting though this back line is a lot different to the one that played England. I wouldn't have a clue as to what form some of the Aussie backs are in as we just haven't seen them play lately.

aucklandlaurie

Posts : 7525
Join date : 2011-06-27
Age : 63
Location : Auckland

Back to top Go down

Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park? Empty Re: Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park?

Post by aucklandlaurie on Fri 19 Aug 2016, 10:36 pm


On another note Nathan Harris has torn his ACL at training so Codie Taylor will be the run on hooker and Dan Coles will come on to the bench.

aucklandlaurie

Posts : 7525
Join date : 2011-06-27
Age : 63
Location : Auckland

Back to top Go down

Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park? Empty Re: Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park?

Post by ebop on Fri 19 Aug 2016, 11:02 pm

Many in the backline that dumped England out of the RWC are no longer fit to lace their boots now apparently. England's backs didn't exactly set the world alight (I'm being polite) against a makeshift backline in the recent series so it's a big call from yappysnap. At a minimum, Folau would waltz in.
ebop
ebop

Posts : 4904
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park? Empty Re: Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park?

Post by Pot Hale on Sat 20 Aug 2016, 12:11 pm

Ambush in Oz?

Certainly looks like it as New Zealand go over for their fourth try just before half-time in Sydney.

32-3 to the New Zealand team.

Edit: Make that fifth try after 56 minutes.

37-3.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Posts : 6522
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 97
Location : Duffling

Back to top Go down

Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park? Empty Re: Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park?

Post by formerly known as Sam on Sun 21 Aug 2016, 5:08 pm

Possibly one of the worst Aus performances I've ever seen. Never looked like they were in the game and no control from half back. Barrett anf Smith controlled the thing with ease.

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 13627
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 32
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park? Empty Re: Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park?

Post by profitius on Sun 18 Sep 2016, 11:51 am

So the gap widens! Congrats NZ.


Id agree with Graham Henry that AUS rugby is the worst state that I can remember. I dunno is it Cheikas style of coaching or what but they seem to have switched from flair to physicality.


ARG were brutal in the match at the weekend. Brainless play from them with very poor handling.
profitius
profitius

Posts : 4221
Join date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park? Empty Re: Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park?

Post by aucklandlaurie on Wed 21 Sep 2016, 4:36 pm


Cheikas problem is that he is not a technical/tactical coach, therefore he is only left with game plans founded on spoiling, slowing down opposition who are executing strategic plays and processing the eighty minutes.

Trouble is you can only get away with that for so long. before it becomes obvious to everyone else. and this is the current holder of World Rugbys "Coach of the year" title. Go figure.

aucklandlaurie

Posts : 7525
Join date : 2011-06-27
Age : 63
Location : Auckland

Back to top Go down

Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park? Empty Re: Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park?

Post by profitius on Wed 21 Sep 2016, 7:13 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:
Cheikas problem is that he is not a technical/tactical coach, therefore he is only left with game plans founded on spoiling, slowing down opposition who are executing strategic plays and processing the eighty minutes.

Trouble is you can only get away with that for so long. before it becomes obvious to everyone else. and this is the current holder of World Rugbys "Coach of the year" title. Go figure.


He certainly gave Leinster and the Tahs a hard edge and is a good motivator but you're correct about his technical ability.
profitius
profitius

Posts : 4221
Join date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park? Empty Re: Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park?

Post by emack2 on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 11:48 pm

On Saturday last there were International matches although you wouldn't
have known it.From the NH papers or here,SA won by the classic Set Piece, Goalkicking,defence Morne Steyn kicking all the points.
NZ played Argentina spent 20 minutes feeling them out then a 15 minute
5 try burst.Then with 2 men in the bin spent 20 minutes solid Scrum practice
there side.Included 9 changes with several members of JWC squads players
promoted.All had excellent games.
On to Durban at sea level to face a rejuvenated SA at least they looked
solid and move back to IRB number 3.A NZ win would mean another 17
game streak equalled for the third time.
Eden Park for the pointless third Bledisloe to see if Aus can spoil there
attempt to reach 18 again.
Indications are that there will be more changes as Kaino,Naholo,and
Moala are now fit.After Linert-Brown`s Saturday performance I`d be
keen to give him another run.[Maybe as an auxiliary scrummager his
brother is a loosehead knocking on the AB`s door]

emack2

Posts : 3686
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 76
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park? Empty Re: Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park?

Post by Exiledinborders on Tue 04 Oct 2016, 7:15 am

emack2 wrote:On Saturday last there were International matches although you wouldn't
have known it.From the NH papers or here
You seem to have a bee in your bonnet about the NH not being interested in SH rugby.

I checked in the on line sites I generally use. Both covered it.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/oct/02/wallabies-squander-chances-in-18-10-loss-to-springboks-in-Pretoria

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/37530924

If you have Sky you can watch all the games should you wish.

Having said that I suspect most rugby fans up here are not that interested. The games are happening in the middle of our domestic season which takes our interest. There is only so much time that I can afford to spend watching rugby before the boss starts discussing jobs that need doing around the house. I suspect fans in SH are not that interested in the 6N either.

Exiledinborders

Posts : 1583
Join date : 2012-03-18
Location : Scottish Borders

Back to top Go down

Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park? Empty Re: Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park?

Post by emack2 on Tue 04 Oct 2016, 10:59 am

Half correct the Guardian covered the Bok match NOTHING about NZ one.
You`d think at least the result would be published,you can bet if the
AB`s lost it would get big coverage.

emack2

Posts : 3686
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 76
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park? Empty Re: Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park?

Post by No 7&1/2 on Tue 04 Oct 2016, 11:04 am

Missed print deadline no doubt starting at 11pm ish.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 18808
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park? Empty Re: Rugby Championship-Ambush in OZ?End Game in Ellis park?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum