The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth

+37
sensisball
demosthenes
LondonTiger
TJ
Artful_Dodger
nickj
yappysnap
lostinwales
des
Nematode
reallybored
bsando
Prothero
HongKongCherry
Hazel Sapling
RossAnderson
BigGee
Senlac
MacKnocked-on
R!skysports
NeilyBroon
jimbopip
Majestic83
TheMildlyFranticLlama
GLove39
Tattie Scones RRN
EST
Eejit
tigertattie
funnyExiledScot
IanBru
cakeordeath
EWT Spoons
George Carlin
RDW
A Simply Mesmeric Try
41 posters

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 5 Empty Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:25 am

First topic message reminder :

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 5 Jessie10          Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 5 Glasgo10
Edinburgh & Glasgow Warriors

A Not So Brief History of Time-Wasting   (click to show/hide):

Guinness Pro12

Edinburgh - Fixtures & Results   (click to show/hide):

Youtube playlist of all of Edinburgh's Pro12 action here.

Glasgow Warriors - Fixtures & Results   (click to show/hide):

Youtube playlist of all of Glasgow's Pro12 action here.

Europe

Champions Cup - Glasgow Warriors   (click to show/hide):

Challenge Cup - Edinburgh   (click to show/hide):

1872 Cup

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 5 Trophy

Champions                Runner up
Edinburgh                  Glasgow Warriors
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 5 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRwKYyik1ZsD3_NYcbnfefbOA7hTaw1Oo_88AYpdNDsajawQmV  Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 5 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnVncYalRPIL7Z-Ia2Em4LrCX8uZulmt1PKHCS4z5p5kPxIEYs

1872 Cup - Past Results   (click to show/hide):

The season has commenced

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 5 1347041234 Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 5 1347041234 Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 5 1347041234 Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 5 1347041234 Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 5 1347041234

Last edited by A Simply Mesmeric Try on Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:23 pm; edited 40 times in total (Reason for editing : Added links to YouTube playlists of Pro12 highlights)
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 5 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:35 pm

George Carlin wrote:https://www.606v2.com/t63994-cardiff-blues-v-glasgow-warriors-16-september

Or as I've couched it, JM Barrie v Roald Dahl.

Staggeringly little academic commentary is available on which of those two individual children's writers would have it in a tear-up. Let's see.

Dahl, easily. He had military training. Yes, Barrie was born in Glasgow so probably had to learn how to defend himself, but he swiftly moved to Edinburgh for his education so will have softened up.

Dahl - 1st round knockout.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 5 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth

Post by EST Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:45 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
George Carlin wrote:https://www.606v2.com/t63994-cardiff-blues-v-glasgow-warriors-16-september

Or as I've couched it, JM Barrie v Roald Dahl.

Staggeringly little academic commentary is available on which of those two individual children's writers would have it in a tear-up. Let's see.

Dahl, easily. He had military training. Yes, Barrie was born in Glasgow so probably had to learn how to defend himself, but he swiftly moved to Edinburgh for his education so will have softened up.

Dahl - 1st round knockout.

Agreed. He was a big lump as well. I don't know if anybody here has ever read any of his adult work, but some of them were pretty dark in places, I think that would come out in a tear up.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:25 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
jimbopip wrote:Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

Caz the Quiet Bok just sent me a message asking if I wanted two tickets for the Calcutta Cup match in March. Woo Hoo. As Homer Simpson has been known to say. Baz, the nippy scrum half, is organising a hotel room for us (our wives can keep each other company that evening) and it is shaping up to be a good Sunday. Young Pipetto played his first game of the season and played the best I have ever seen him, including a try with a Finn Russellesque dummy. The I took MrsPip out for lunch and now a 6 Nations weekend has fallen into my lap.

Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

I've always liked you Jimbo. I feel we have a lot in common and would get along famously. I happen to be free that weekend.....

FES, you are without doubt my favourite poster on these boards. Obviously after Schiz, Asbo, Bru, Tattie Scones, Big Gee, Glove, TigerTattie, yon Irish chappie Gibson (mi chara), some Welsh blokes and RDW.
However, Baz the nippy scrum half said those three little words every work dodging weegie loves to hear.... Hilton Rewards Card. So, he can offer me sheets and clean towels. Can you raise that ante? No, thought not.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:35 pm

jimbopip wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

Caz the Quiet Bok just sent me a message asking if I wanted two tickets for the Calcutta Cup match in March. Woo Hoo. As Homer Simpson has been known to say. Baz, the nippy scrum half, is organising a hotel room for us (our wives can keep each other company that evening) and it is shaping up to be a good Sunday. Young Pipetto played his first game of the season and played the best I have ever seen him, including a try with a Finn Russellesque dummy. The I took MrsPip out for lunch and now a 6 Nations weekend has fallen into my lap.

I've always liked you Jimbo. I feel we have a lot in common and would get along famously. I happen to be free that weekend.....

FES, you are without doubt my favourite poster on these boards. Obviously after Schiz, Asbo, Bru, Tattie Scones, Big Gee, Glove, TigerTattie, yon Irish chappie Gibson (mi chara), some Welsh blokes and RDW.
However, Baz the nippy scrum half said those three little words every work dodging weegie loves to hear.... Hilton Rewards Card. So, he can offer me sheets and clean towels. Can you raise that ante? No, thought not.

Will the sheets not be clean as well?

Don't think I can raise that ante, the bar is set too high. I would have stretched to a pint though, possibly.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:52 pm

I tell you what... I'm at the Reading Room in November for the Oz match: try and force your alcoholic beverages on me then and we'll see if there's any movement on the sheets.

Till then her's what happens when a child is reared on MadMata rather than Frodo the Ponderous...

https://a.gfx.ms//video_57.png

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:54 pm

jimbopip wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

I feel honoured!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:21 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
jimbopip wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

I feel honoured!
You're bloody lucky. I don't even rate above three Welsh blokes Jim met in a urinal somewhere. 

Or maybe that's why he likes them.... chin
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:22 pm

Laugh

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:40 pm

Gerard Carling....Shame on you. It's just , "Me, me ,me, me, me". warning

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:52 am

jimbopip wrote:Gerard Carling....Shame on you. It's just , "Me, me ,me, me, me". warning
See? You *get* me. Hug
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:28 am

I was honestly going to start a series of threads where people choose their Lions squad, but looking at the bodies strewn all of the Gatland thread, I really don't think that I will now.

It's like inviting a bunch of toddlers over to drink Ribena next to your cream sofa.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:31 am

I refuse to discuss Christmas plan until at least December. Similarly, I don't think Lions selection should really be discussed in detail until the 6N - that's what selection is going to be based on.  I think an interim selection after the AIs is probably fair too, but even then there will probably  be a lot of changes by the time the squad is announced.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:34 pm

George Carlin wrote:I was honestly going to start a series of threads where people choose their Lions squad, but looking at the bodies strewn all of the Gatland thread, I really don't think that I will now.

It's like inviting a bunch of toddlers over to drink Ribena next to your cream sofa.

Can powerful men, such as yourself, not set-up a Lions thread which can only be seen by Scotland posters? As you know, I like anything with an air of exclusivity.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:33 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
George Carlin wrote:I was honestly going to start a series of threads where people choose their Lions squad, but looking at the bodies strewn all of the Gatland thread, I really don't think that I will now.

Can powerful men, such as yourself, not set-up a Lions thread which can only be seen by Scotland posters? As you know, I like anything with an air of exclusivity.

Probably would not go down well with other posters. You would be better off trying to sneak it in under a column header like Sterling County vs Glasgow Hawks. No one would click on that unless desperate.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by Prothero Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:38 pm

^^please do this, i do love a bit of espionage and mis-direction^^

Prothero

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:01 pm

Surely Ardrossan Academicals v Peebles is the match to hide it under, however, being such an obscure game I think it may draw suspicions if it gathers more than a few replies...
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:07 pm

Also, tidied the OP up a bit. It was giving my mouse wheel strenuous exercise.
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:12 pm

We should just talk in an intricate code - I.e. swap the first letter of the first and surnames round to hide what we're really talking about...

I'll explain for the Glaswegians in the group:

If Htuart Sogg doesn't get picked I'll go nuts

Can't believe Wam Sarbuton was made captain!

Let's pick Jee Lones for a laugh and see how he gets on against Sulian Javea!

No one will ever know thumbsup

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:27 am

This needs to be something Edinburgh sort quickly. I know he's got a year left, but clubs will likely be keeping an eye on this situation.

Taken from the BBC Gossip site wrote:South Africa-born tighthead prop WP Nel will make his 100th appearance for Edinburgh when they play Leinster at Murrayfield on Friday night. The Scotland star, whose contract runs out at the end of the season, says there has been "no chat" yet about a new contract with Scottish Rugby. (Daily Mail)

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:33 am

What the players say in public I'm sure is very different to what is happening behind closed doors - of course Edinburgh will have him as their number 1 priority and will be pulling out all the stops to keep him. It would be gross negligence if they really had not discussed his future with them yet!

The media managers will have trained him to just say he's focused on playing well for Edinburgh and play down any questions about his future.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:47 am

The thought of Simon Berghan as our first choice tighthead is extremely worrying.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:17 am

I would wager that Nel will be off in the summer, and to be honest, I don't blame him one bit.

I don't think this is a bad thing for Scottish rugby either (although the Edinburgh squad will undoubtedly be weaker), we desperately need a bit of depth at tighthead, and until Nel either leaves or is broken, Solomon won't allow that to happen.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:18 am

If he does leave I can see us looking to the Southern Hemisphere for an experienced replacement - we surely can't rely on Berghan and Bryce unless they really develop quickly this season.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:25 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:If he does leave I can see us looking to the Southern Hemisphere for an experienced replacement - we surely can't rely on Berghan and Bryce unless they really develop quickly this season.

That's the thing - Solomons complete lack of rotation means that we don't know if Berghan/Bryce/Beavon are good enough, because they will never get a chance. Berghan should have had substantially more game over the past few years and then at least we would have some idea of what he is capable off.

As it stands we will probably have to look to the Southern Hemisphere again, and hope we find a Nel Mrk2.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:31 am

John Welsh to Edinburgh next season?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:41 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:
jimbopip wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

I feel honoured!

I feel less so Sad

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:43 am

A Simply Mesmeric Try wrote:Surely Ardrossan Academicals v Peebles is the match to hide it under, however, being such an obscure game I think it may draw suspicions if it gathers more than a few replies...

Put it under the Edinburgh thread - no-one in their right mind would go there

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:17 am

D'arcy Rae has struggled to get game time and has looked decent when he has played (certainly Pro 12 quality). He could be moved over to Edinburgh if Puafisi is staying. Alternatively Puafisi could be passed to Edinburgh to leave Fagerson, Rae and Firth (this is assuming Firth is able to play at the required level).

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:14 pm

Hazel Sapling wrote:D'arcy Rae has struggled to get game time and has looked decent when he has played (certainly Pro 12 quality). He could be moved over to Edinburgh if Puafisi is staying. Alternatively Puafisi could be passed to Edinburgh to leave Fagerson, Rae and Firth (this is assuming Firth is able to play at the required level).

Jarrod Firth seems to be one of Toonies least successful signings. He hasn't been near a Glasgow squad and I notice hasn't been farmed out to his allocated club this weekend. I saw him up close at the Canada/Warriors game, considering he has had months to work on his fitness, he still looked like a less than interested Allan Jacobsen.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:47 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:We should just talk in an intricate code - I.e. swap the first letter of the first and surnames round to hide what we're really talking about...

What happens though if we start talking about David Denton?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:49 pm

tigertattie wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:We should just talk in an intricate code - I.e. swap the first letter of the first and surnames round to hide what we're really talking about...

What happens though if we start talking about David Denton?

This is the Lions we're talking about so it shouldn't be an issue!

However Blare Calding would suffice.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:56 pm

In other news

Not only does Edinburgh have a castle and Glasgow doesn't, but Edinburgh also have a televised rugby match this weekend Smile
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:44 pm

tigertattie wrote:In other news

Not only does Edinburgh have a castle and Glasgow doesn't, but Edinburgh also have a televised rugby match this weekend Smile

It is an impressive list

Now if they could have just a positive points difference, then that would be a slam dunk of greatness

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:19 pm

Riskysports wrote:
tigertattie wrote:In other news

It is an impressive list

Now if they could have just a positive points difference, then that would be a slam dunk of greatness

Not at all!

Greatness will not come until we defeat the unwashed in the cup again!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:09 pm

So have we all had a bit of a sh!te weekend in rugby terms (unless Jim can give us a good anecdote about Pipetto scoring 5 tries and getting kissed by the classroom babe)?

I'm not sure what to make of the Glasgow performance - mostly because I never saw it but also because it was invariably a gamble to change so many players in the matchday 23 for an away match against a team which have not traditionally been the strongest. How do people here regard it?

Cardiff potentially easier than Ulster so we should have wheeled out a full strength 23 and looked for all 5 points? Or is beating Ulster a greater prize for some reason?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:50 pm

Ah George, you know you are my favourite poster here Hug

This weekend for us west coast types is slightly half full/half empty glass. If you had said before hostilities began that we would be 11 points out of 12 then I think most of us would have been reasonably satisfied. (Except Schiz who would have wanted 12 and a free Killie Pie).
The problem is we tend to perceive it as 11 out of 15, such is the level of expectation. (I hear that certain sections of the Barcelona support are fuming that they only put seven past Celtic). I think it's one point dropped not four. Smile

Or is beating Ulster a greater prize for some reason?.

Actually George, I think it is. Mainly because Ulster are more likely to be a top four team. Or, one who we need to finish above for a home semi. Cardiff will have a reasonable season but will probably not be consistent enough away from home to make the play offs. So winning next week will be of greater benefit in the long run.

As for Pipetto... sadly the bad boys of Basildon humped them this afternoon. In the warm up young Bobo the hooker looked across and said, "Blimey, they're all about a foot taller than me." They were a beaten team before they took to the field. However, it was suggested to me that the seconds have a fixture next week and as I could be the body double for Bibbendum, the Michelin man, perhaps I might want to burn off a few calories. I don't know which scares me most; actually pulling on my boots or telling Herself that I'm thinking of doing so.

I haven't mentioned the Luvvies; the part I forced myself to watch was abject plus ca change plus c'est le meme chose

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:13 am

Away down to London for a moment, London Scottish got their first win of the season with a 31-30 thriller away to Rotherham. It is a very young and fresh looking LS side playing out there, so that was no bad result. They are likely going to be in for a long hard season.

All the young Scottish lads seems to be getting game time and Ally Millar picked up his second MoM award and seems to becoming something of a star down here.

They have now been joined by Paddy Kelly, who is filling in for 4-5 weeks and also scored on his debut yesterday.

The other old face who has cropped up is Ewan McQuillan, remember him Edinburgh fans. Probably not as I don't think he played a game for you while he was on your books. John Dalziel clearly rates him a bit higher than Solly did though and he is now locking out the LS scrum at TH and seems to be doing a pretty good job.

I am going to watch this group play with some interest this year.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:16 am

There's a real core of young Scottish players at LS now which is great to see.

They've had a bad start to the season (including being pumped at home by London Welsh) so yesterday's game was huge. Hopefully relegation won't be s realistic prospect but I can't see them getting a playoff spot again.

I hope to make it to a home game soon.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:07 am

After the summer LS have had getting an away victory is great news. Expect them to gel more as the season goes on.

Can't comment on the Cardiff game as I was not there and the highlights are limited. Really need a proper MOTD for the Pro 12. Don't trust Scrum V. From the sounds of it Glasgow a bit unlucky not to get the 4th try but Cardiff deserved to win. Ulster definitely the bigger match before the warm up games to Leicester. Leicester did not look too terrifying playing Newcastle (Newcastle should have won) so have high hopes of maybe turning them over.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:11 am

Hazel Sapling wrote:After the summer LS have had getting an away victory is great news. Expect them to gel more as the season goes on.

Can't comment on the Cardiff game as I was not there and the highlights are limited. Really need a proper MOTD for the Pro 12. Don't trust Scrum V. From the sounds of it Glasgow a bit unlucky not to get the 4th try but Cardiff deserved to win. Ulster definitely the bigger match before the warm up games to Leicester. Leicester did not look too terrifying playing Newcastle (Newcastle should have won) so have high hopes of maybe turning them over.

Probably fair to say that if Glasgow don't do that then their Euro hopes will be over yet again before then have even begun! You need to win your home games.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:37 am

True RDW. Need to find 20 points and I have little hope against Racing (monster packs tend to do us in). 9 points from the first 2 games and Leicester on none may take their attention away for the game in January though.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:12 pm

I really do wish LS well. It's a tough league and as noted above, it's a young squad with plenty of SQ talent.

Pretty duff weekend in terms of results for Edinburgh and Glasgow, although a LBP for the Weegies and a decent second half performance for Edinburgh. Magnus Bradbury has had a very strong start to the season.

When can I start completely overhyping him and pick him for my Lions touring squad ahead of squad fillers like Heaslip and Faletau??

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:14 pm

Surely Hamish Watson is starting 7 for the Tests now?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:15 pm

Highlights of the LS game - the Paddy Kelly try was particularly good, running over the top of someone in the process

http://www.londonscottish.com/news/4660.php#.V9_IsU0rK00

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:16 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Surely Hamish Watson is starting 7 for the Tests now?

Nah, I'm told that Warrenball Gatland only picks Sam Warburton at 7, although Scott Johnson tells me that Watson can fulfil the role of ball carrying number 8.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:19 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:

Nah, I'm told that Warrenball Gatland only picks Sam Warburton at 7, although Scott Johnson tells me that Watson can fulfil the role of ball carrying number 8.

If Roddy Grant can do it anyone can!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:27 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

If Roddy Grant can do it anyone can!

I actually had John Barclay in mind but Grant was equally ineffective in trucking the ball up, not surprisingly.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:32 pm

Sounds like Glasgow took a few injuries during the game and enderd up with a lot of players playing out of position. They are now struggling for a back row, with Ashe, Strauss, Wilson, Favaro and Fusaro all injured.

There is talk of 18 year old Matt Fargerson making his debut next weekend, he was the 24th man in Cardiff apparently. He is no doubt a big lad and a very decent prospect, but we are surely going to struggle against Ulster with a back row of him, Harley and Wynne all playing.

I wonder if we might see RV going back to his roots and playing No.8. To be honest he might as well, as the depth Glasgow now have at centre, it would be hard to see him getting a game there at the moment. I guess we might see Matt Smith and maybe the Namibian playing in the back row.

However you look at it, it is not good to be stacking up an injury list this early in the season.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:35 pm

Might Glasgow put Swinson in the back row at 6 (with Harley at 7)? He's small enough.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:37 pm

May see Fraser Brown as 7 too

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next