The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Demetrius Andrade - The only threat to GGG at 160 ??

+5
BoxingFan88
Hammersmith harrier
Herman Jaeger
hazharrison
TRUSSMAN66
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Demetrius Andrade - The only threat to GGG at 160 ?? - Page 2 Empty Demetrius Andrade - The only threat to GGG at 160 ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 28 Aug 2016, 8:18 am

First topic message reminder :

This guy's career is in stagnation but he's three inches taller than Triple...Is a rangy southpaw..Carries a dig..and has fast hands and feet.....Polished too..

Not really a preferred option for an aging number 1 P4P champion and top fighter...

Obviously he's a 154 pounder but it's not as big of a stretch as Brook to say he'll still have a stiffish slap..

Also as he's eyeing up Lara a fight I think he'll win...It won't be for a while...In a year GGG will be 36ish..

GGG is adamant he's staying at 160...Whilst I'd pick him to beat Andrade...I don't see anyone around apart from Andrade with the gifts to give him problems....Lara isn't up to it and is knocking on.

BJS hasn't the punch or the tank to sustain against GGG and Canelo is an easy night....

Hope Andrade can get his crap together.....As he could be a wild card...and there aren't many around!!.

The guy that beats GGG in my opinion will be awkward....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Demetrius Andrade - The only threat to GGG at 160 ?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Demetrius Andrade - The only threat to GGG at 160 ??

Post by milkyboy Wed 31 Aug 2016, 10:05 pm

Porter's a bad style match up for most people... Hard to look good against a guy who keeps bringing it to you in bunches. Be really interesting to see how spence handles it, if the fight comes off.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Demetrius Andrade - The only threat to GGG at 160 ?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Demetrius Andrade - The only threat to GGG at 160 ??

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 31 Aug 2016, 10:29 pm

milkyboy wrote:Porter's a bad style match up for most people... Hard to look good against a guy who keeps bringing it to you in bunches. Be really interesting to see how spence handles it, if the fight comes off.

Spence may have to rely on his power, I don't think you can go to war with Porter and have a punch up

I don't think Spence is particularly fast, has he ever fought someone on the back foot?

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 01 Sep 2016, 11:15 am

Not sure why Spence would want Porter right now...These days it's a fight you want with an ABC attached...

Wait for the Brook aftermath and evaluate.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu 01 Sep 2016, 11:39 am

I really like Porter's attitude to matchmaking seems like he'll take on all comers deserves a big fight in my book his proximity to Keith never been outclassed him against Manny would be an action fight I'd pay to see but Bob and Manny are cashing in now Manny won't fight the two interesting fights in Keith or Shawn it'll be all in house now or Floyd return.

And then there's Spence waiting in the wings ready to enter the mix looking forward to see him fight for a title by the way that lad looks shredded not trying to cast any aspersions or anything

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 01 Sep 2016, 12:12 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Not sure why Spence would want Porter right now...These days it's a fight you want with an ABC attached...

Wait for the Brook aftermath and evaluate.

That's the point: rumour is they'll fight for Brook's belt when he inevitably vacates.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 01 Sep 2016, 12:17 pm

Remember the days when a loss put you to the back of the queue..

Still fair play to Porter...He's not as bad as Bute for getting ABC gifts.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu 01 Sep 2016, 12:24 pm

This is what gets me today once you got a name it seems you can beat anything to get back to the front of the queue

Much preferred it back then take a loss you have to earn a right to contend all over again. Cynical money making business nowadays it seems

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 01 Sep 2016, 1:39 pm

Herman Jaeger wrote:This is what gets me today once you got a name it seems you can beat anything to get back to the front of the queue

Much preferred it back then take a loss you have to earn a right to contend all over again. Cynical money making business nowadays it seems

Thing is, losing narrowly to Brook and Thurman means he's no worse than third in the division (now Brook's left). The other guys (Garcia etc.) are beating such chuff, they haven't earned the right to jump over him.

After Brook he whupped Broner to get a crack at Keef. The Thurman fight was as close as you like so it's fair enough if they put him in with Spence to set up a Thurman fight.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu 01 Sep 2016, 2:05 pm

I want to see a Garcia Thurman fight before a Thurman Porter rematch. Hope Danny doesn't wriggle out so he can fight Khan instead. Thurman Garcia in the works for early next year isn't it but I'll believe it when I see it?

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2