The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

+14
Coxy001
milkyboy
hazharrison
kingraf
Hammersmith harrier
TRUSSMAN66
AdamT
Herman Jaeger
TopHat24/7
Pedro147
BoxingFan88
melv500
catchweight
Jermaine2015
18 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 6 Empty Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by Jermaine2015 Sun 18 Sep 2016, 9:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

So now Canelo has won the WBO junior middleweight champion, according to the WBO rules, Canelo can get an immediate title shot at WBO middleweight titleholder Billy Joe Saunders - provided Canelo openly declares he is moving up to 160.

Everyone knows Gennady Golovkin is desperate to clean up the alphabet titles and is very eager to face Saunders next.

So could Golden Boy scupper GGG's plans again?

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 6 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by milkyboy Fri 30 Sep 2016, 3:37 pm

Now, why did he need a drip and a TUE for the pac fight? Well  Thomas Hauser offers some explanations for that, but it doesn't seem floyd's re-hydration reason is a credible  excuse!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 6 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by AdamT Fri 30 Sep 2016, 3:38 pm

milkyboy wrote:Now, why did he need a drip and a TUE for the pac fight? Well  Thomas Hauser offers some explanations for that, but it doesn't seem floyd's re-hydration reason is a credible  excuse!

You know why.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 30 Sep 2016, 4:16 pm

milkyboy wrote:Now, why did he need a drip and a TUE for the pac fight? Well  Thomas Hauser offers some explanations for that, but it doesn't seem floyd's re-hydration reason is a credible  excuse!

Hauser doesn't care for Floyd so he's an expert historian... Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 30 Sep 2016, 4:17 pm

milkyboy wrote:BF
pac fight 30 day weigh-in:
http://www.cbssports.com/general/news/photo-floyd-mayweather-makes-30-day-weight-at-1505-pounds/

canelo fight 30 day weigh-in:
http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/mayweather-jr-weighs-in-at-150-3-lbs-already-on-weight-for-canelo-clash-219297

Well that settles that

There is no way he would drain himself 30 days before a weigh in

Pretty conclusive proof, I take back my earlier statements, I got it wrong

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 30 Sep 2016, 9:11 pm

No probs BF, and fair play - we all it get wrong from time to time... Most are too proud to admit it.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 30 Sep 2016, 9:25 pm

milkyboy wrote:No probs BF, and fair play - we all it get wrong from time to time... Most are too proud to admit it.

Oh I'm wrong far more than I am right =/

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 30 Sep 2016, 9:43 pm

I was being polite Very Happy

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 30 Sep 2016, 11:20 pm

milkyboy wrote:I was being polite Very Happy
laughing

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 24 Oct 2016, 9:23 am

Duran on Canelo v GGG

"Canelo is one of the best fighters Mexico have. I do not know why he has not fought GGG. I would say he is not afraid of (GGG). I think perhaps he is hoping to make more money (from that fight). If I were Canelo, I would of fought with GGG (already), and I can assure you, that Canelo will beat him.

Interesting take on the fight. I'm not sure about winning, but I do think he is angling for more money.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 24 Oct 2016, 9:47 am

AdamT wrote:Duran on Canelo v GGG

"Canelo is one of the best fighters Mexico have. I do not know why he has not fought GGG. I would say he is not afraid of (GGG). I think perhaps he is hoping to make more money (from that fight). If I were Canelo, I would of fought with GGG (already), and I can assure you, that Canelo will beat him.

Interesting take on the fight. I'm not sure about winning, but I do think he is angling for more money.

Definitely looking for a huge pay day, because he knows he is going to take a whooping

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 24 Oct 2016, 10:16 am

Not sure. A good few are picking Canelo. I'm predicting an upset.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 24 Oct 2016, 11:00 am

AdamT wrote:Not sure. A good few are picking Canelo. I'm predicting an upset.

Canelo isn't that good, especially at middleweight, he is going to get creamed

On paper its a huge mismatch

Unless he waits until like 2020

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 24 Oct 2016, 11:04 am

Canelo is a world class boxer as he's shown on multiple occasions, he'll be GGG's toughest fight yet.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 24 Oct 2016, 11:12 am

If he ever deigns to get in the ring, I give alvarez an outside shout. He looks better against guys who come to him, golovkin won't be queuing up to take the right hands he took from Brook, from alvarez. I suspect he'll likely take the lemieux approach.

Golovkin warm favourite, but it would certainly be his biggest test to date, and an intriguing fight. It doesn't look like oscar has the same confidence in his boy, though i suspect that's just about milking the golden goose for as long as possible before sending it to the abattoir. I'm not sure you can milk a golden goose, but you get the idea!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 24 Oct 2016, 11:24 am

milkyboy wrote:If he ever deigns to get in the ring, I give alvarez an outside shout. He looks better against guys who come to him, golovkin won't be queuing up to take the right hands he took from Brook, from alvarez. I suspect he'll likely take the lemieux approach.

Golovkin warm favourite, but it would certainly be his biggest test to date, and an intriguing fight. It doesn't look like oscar has the same confidence in his boy, though i suspect that's just about milking the golden goose for as long as possible before sending it to the abattoir. I'm not sure you can milk a golden goose, but you get the idea!

I'm starting to doubt your milk credentials Milky. First Santa now this. My whole belief structure is starting to crumble.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Oct 2016, 11:36 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Canelo is a world class boxer as he's shown on multiple occasions, he'll be GGG's toughest fight yet.
This ^

Whatever the cunning plan is for Canelo (his advisers & management team) it involves making oodles of money, increasing his brand, and avoiding as many risks as possible.  Also to consider: playing "hard to get" can keep the interest going - which is a useful strategy to play if you are focused on advertising revenue (putting one's names to products etc).

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 24 Oct 2016, 11:50 am

I hope Canelo's earnings suffer till he faces Golovkin and he loses his sponsorships advertising etc

Avoiding your biggest challenge and shaming the proud tradition of Mexican warrior spirit by giving up his title when the whole of the boxing world wanted to see it who the hell wants to endorse that!

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 24 Oct 2016, 12:04 pm

He's sponsored by manuel's chicken farms, apparently they're quite happy with the situation.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 24 Oct 2016, 12:17 pm

We've never seen Canelo in with a genuine middleweight, so who knows how he'll react when faced with the best of them?

He's won a lot of fights purely by being bigger. I thought Cotto, for instance, looked all the way round the better fighter of the two, he just wasn't big enough to put a dent in Canelo.

I don't see it as a whitewash, however, Golovkin should hand him his head. The proviso is that the fight is made next year. The longer they leave it, the more chance there is that Golovkin gets old and Canelo exploits that.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 24 Oct 2016, 12:25 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Canelo is a world class boxer as he's shown on multiple occasions, he'll be GGG's toughest fight yet.

Have to disagree Hammer - not seen much to say he is "world class" - couple of close wins against Lara/Trout and a sliding Cotto?

He fought Mayweather and was absolutely outclassed....no shame there.....I would actually like to see him fight Lemiuex or Brook.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 24 Oct 2016, 12:39 pm

hazharrison wrote:We've never seen Canelo in with a genuine middleweight, so who knows how he'll react when faced with the best of them?

He's won a lot of fights purely by being bigger. I thought Cotto, for instance, looked all the way round the better fighter of the two, he just wasn't big enough to put a dent in Canelo.

I don't see it as a whitewash, however, Golovkin should hand him his head. The proviso is that the fight is made next year. The longer they leave it, the more chance there is that Golovkin gets old and Canelo exploits that.

just a styles thing for me... you're right we don't know how he handles a guy he doesn't out-muscle, but historically he looks better when guys come to him. As it goes, I think Golovkin will come to him, but would likely look to soften him up behind the jab a la lemieux rather than blitzkrieg, like brook.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 24 Oct 2016, 1:12 pm

hazharrison wrote:We've never seen Canelo in with a genuine middleweight, so who knows how he'll react when faced with the best of them?

You're predicable.

Not saying Canelo will win, but do you think he will want to get hit often like he was with Brook??

Apparently GGG has never been floored. Fights like that again, that will change.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 24 Oct 2016, 1:26 pm

AdamT wrote:

You're predicable.

Not saying Canelo will win, but do you think he will want to get hit often like he was with Brook??

Apparently GGG has never been floored. Fights like that again, that will change.

You've really got a bee in your bonnet about Golovkin haven't you Adam Trussman?

I don't imagine Golovkin will take a couple to land one against Canelo as he did against Brook but he should be able to batter Canelo into submission at some point - he isn't hard to hit.

Of course, he'd need to sign on to take the fight - then we wouldn't need to talk about it here. We could watch play out.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 24 Oct 2016, 1:27 pm

No I just don't rate someone who fights bums.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 24 Oct 2016, 1:28 pm

also I take Truss as a major compliment. He knows a hell of a lot more than you.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 24 Oct 2016, 1:33 pm

My name is Tyler Durden...

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 24 Oct 2016, 1:36 pm

Aye because Truss is my smarter alter ego.

Haz, there is more than one guy that thinks GGG has proved nothing beating cans.

He can't sell sh1t and nobody even knows his name. He is a nobody really and is begging to fight Canelo.

Sad really. Canelo should keep him begging a little longer.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 24 Oct 2016, 1:44 pm

Yeah, that would teach Golovkin for attempting to win the lineal crown. I mean, what is his probolem?

This is obviously an emotive subject for you - why don't you just lay off the Golovkin threads (or any threads that include the other guy) if you get so worked up you end up posting unfounded abuse or gibberish?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 24 Oct 2016, 1:47 pm

Thanks for the advice Haz, but I'm fine.

I like slagging overrated nobodies. Passes the day!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 24 Oct 2016, 1:48 pm

hazharrison wrote:Yeah, that would teach Golovkin for attempting to win the lineal crown. I mean, what is his probolem?

This is obviously an emotive subject for you - why don't you just lay off the Golovkin threads (or any threads that include the other guy) if you get so worked up you end up posting unfounded abuse or gibberish?

You are the guy that creates 75% of the threads to begin with. You need some new material Mr Harrsion.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 24 Oct 2016, 1:51 pm

AdamT wrote:
hazharrison wrote:Yeah, that would teach Golovkin for attempting to win the lineal crown. I mean, what is his probolem?

You are the guy that creates 75% of the threads to begin with. You need some new material Mr Harrsion.

Then don't read them!

You'll give yourself a coronary worrying yourself to death about why no-one agrees with you.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 24 Oct 2016, 1:56 pm

The fight would have already happened, if they felt Canelo had a decent chance. This is a guy they wont send in against any middleweight, never mind the top one.

I read they were looking at a Cotto rematch.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 24 Oct 2016, 2:03 pm

catchweight wrote:The fight would have already happened, if they felt Canelo had a decent chance. This is a guy they wont send in against any middleweight, never mind the top one.

I read they were looking at a Cotto rematch.

That's where you're going wrong (reading things).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 24 Oct 2016, 2:14 pm

ok will do Andrew.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 24 Oct 2016, 2:18 pm

AdamT wrote:ok will do Andrew.

Good lad. And remember, I've never failed at anything Wink

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 24 Oct 2016, 2:33 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:

Have to disagree Hammer - not seen much to say he is "world class" - couple of close wins against Lara/Trout and a sliding Cotto?

He fought Mayweather and was absolutely outclassed....no shame there.....I would actually like to see him fight Lemiuex or Brook.

Alvarez is clearly world class, not sure what your definition of it is if he doesn't qualify, one of if not the best at Light Middleweight; having close fights with the also world class Lara, Trout and Cotto isn't a bad thing.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 24 Oct 2016, 3:27 pm

Haz if I'm being honest, many a guy on here would probably do much better than current writers.

Still think you make a better fisherman!!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 24 Oct 2016, 4:04 pm

And you make one hell of a fish.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 24 Oct 2016, 4:28 pm

Sometimes the fish gets the bite.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 24 Oct 2016, 4:32 pm

AdamT wrote:No I just don't rate someone who fights bums.

Yet you defend chickens who avoid him

No one in the 154 division is jumping up to face him either? Apparently middleweight is a weak division

Froch retried rather than fight GGG,

JCC Jr passed on the fight

God I cannot wait for the clowns in the middleweight division to grow some stones and step up, then GGG can step up and wipe out 168

I am growing tired of people slagging off GGG for his resume when EVERYONE is scared to death of him

Unless of course we start talking about jumping 2 freaking weight classes

This must be a complete load of nonsense, if you can't see what's happening then I really can't explain it to you

BJS needs more time
Jacobs needs more time
Canelo needs more time

Man I wish GGG would just call him out, call him a chicken, move up to 168, so Canelo can be shamed forever for ducking

He killed himself to make 154, in one of the fastest weigh ins in boxing history rather than fight GGG

This stuff is hilarious

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 24 Oct 2016, 4:40 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
mobilemaster8 wrote:

Alvarez is clearly world class, not sure what your definition of it is if he doesn't qualify, one of if not the best at Light Middleweight; having close fights with the also world class Lara, Trout and Cotto isn't a bad thing.

Trout world class? And Cotto at 154/160??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 24 Oct 2016, 4:47 pm

Canelo will beat him next year.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 24 Oct 2016, 4:49 pm

Boxers aren't scared. GGG can't draw flies.

Oh Froch avoided him? Don't make me laugh. He struggled past groves and knew he was fading.

Froch would of beat the snot out of him at 168.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 24 Oct 2016, 4:49 pm

AdamT wrote:Canelo will beat him next year.

Fine to have that opinion

But right now he is a ducker

Just like the rest of the division, so stop slagging off GGG when everyone is ducking him

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 24 Oct 2016, 4:50 pm

AdamT wrote:Boxers aren't scared. GGG can't draw flies.

Oh Froch avoided him? Don't make me laugh. He struggled past groves and knew he was fading.

Froch would of beat the snot out of him at 168.

Not so sure that's true, GGG's style is a nightmare for Froch

GGG is packing out arenas

You must be trolling

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 24 Oct 2016, 5:00 pm

How's his ppv numbers. If everyone is ducking him, why not go to 168??

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Mon 24 Oct 2016, 6:13 pm

AdamT wrote:How's his ppv numbers. If everyone is ducking him, why not go to 168??

One minute you are saying he fights bums and then you are saying he can't sell PPV, how could he when the opposition are bums?

He may / may not be world class but until the better fighters agree to take him on we won't know.

We do know however that he has beat everyone outside the top 3 in the division comfortably and the others in the top 3 (Canelo / BJS) don't want to fight him.

We do know that he has great fundamentals with great footwork, great chin (to the tests he has faced), very good power and he works the body and head equally well.

If he goes his whole career without facing Canelo and BJS to unify the division we can only guess that he would have been world class but was avoided.

Personally don't feel he should move up and it is a decision he should make once / if he has unified. He doesn't struggle to make the weight and would be small at any other weight.

This is part of the problem with boxing. Because he is being avoided people are saying he should move up in weight rather than pushing for the fights that should be made to be made.

I'm sure you are on the wind up as I just can't see why you have such a bee in your bonnet about him.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 24 Oct 2016, 6:27 pm

Just don't rate him that highly. Crap division!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 24 Oct 2016, 7:11 pm

AdamT wrote:Just don't rate him that highly. Crap division!

And 154 is rubbish as well then?

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 24 Oct 2016, 7:20 pm

It's pretty poor. Andrade and Lara look quite good.

Talent is lacking overall in most divisions. Don't get me wrong, there are some wonderful talents like Lomachenko floating about.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next