The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music you hate

+5
Pal Joey
dyrewolfe
Galted
Hammersmith harrier
Adam D
9 posters

Go down

Music you hate Empty Music you hate

Post by Adam D Mon 19 Sep - 23:53

I have been looking through here and haven't found much music to talk about (just the culture cup that talks about everything bar music it seems).

So, as there are a few threads about music you like, there doesn't seem to be any for musicians you cannot stand.

So which bands/ singers do you hate and why?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Music you hate Empty Re: Music you hate

Post by Guest Tue 20 Sep - 0:06

U2 - arrogant ar$eholes who believe their music is changing lives for the better (only when it stops, lad, only when it stops)
Coldplay - dreadfully out of tune insipid drivel. Mystified why so many people like them.
Robbie Williams - arrogant ar$ehole with a God complex
Taylor Swift - the musical equivalent of drinking distilled water
Kanye (haven't heard any of his 'songs" but I hate him because of who he is and what he represents...namely EVERYTHING that's wrong in todays' society.
J*zz - it's just f*cking horrible and I have nothing good to say about it or anyone who likes it.

For those thinking I'm pro-ROCK/METAL I also hate
Nickleback
Creed
Guns n Roses
Def Leppard
Joey Belladonna era Anthrax
Green Day/offspring and all that pop punk bullsh!t
Emo
Metalcore
Mathcore
Black Metal
NS Black Metal and any other far right Nazi w*nkers using music to spread hatred.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 20 Sep - 19:23

Possibly the biggest @rsehole on the planet is Morrissey.

Not only is his music unbelievably awful, he is a c0ckjockey of the highest order. Pushes his vegan attitudes on everyone (including refusing to perform at a gig because he could smell a nearby burger van).

Sh1t music, tw@t person.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 27 Oct - 6:23

DAVE667 wrote:
Nickleback- Crap
Creed- Crap
Guns n Roses- Appetite For Destruction is a great album but the rest is crap
Def Leppard- Soft as hell and called Heavy Metal
Joey Belladonna era Anthrax- Worst thrash metal voice of all time?
Green Day/offspring and all that pop punk bullsh!t- Green Day did one or two good songs the rest is crap and as far away from punk as you can be.
Emo
Metalcore- All 'cores' are a bit crap really
Mathcore- Is that even a thing?
Black Metal- Gives all us Metalheads a bad name
NS Black Metal and any other far right Nazi w*nkers using music to spread hatred.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 27 Oct - 9:53

Agree with SerialDAVE about U2, 30+ years of dreadful sh*t. I detest them so much I'm unable to think of any other bands/singers I hate while I've got them stinking up my mind.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Dec - 0:43

Adam D wrote:Possibly the biggest @rsehole on the planet is Morrissey.

Not only is his music unbelievably awful, he is a c0ckjockey of the highest order.  Pushes his vegan attitudes on everyone (including refusing to perform at a gig because he could smell a nearby burger van).

Sh1t music, tw@t person.
Have to disagree with you there, but liking Morrissey as a person is a lot of a harder gig than his music. Particularly when he called Galloway and Farage 'liberals' recently.
Get a good compilation such as "Louder Than Bombs" and you won't regret it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Dec - 0:44

By the way, Bryan Adams and Wet Wet Wet will never be forgiven for spoiling the Summers of 1990 and 1993.

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 10 Feb - 3:07

Genres I hate:

All "R&B" (in the modern sense)
Disco
Country
Folk (with a very few exceptions)
Jazz
"Grime"...just because its a bloody stupid name
Black Metal and all the more extreme / technical forms of metal, which basically just sound like walls of noise, (I don't care how fast you can play or what weird time signatures, or tunings you use, if its not recognisable as music).

The kind of crap that tends to feature on Fast & Furious soundtracks.

Dave667 wrote:
U2 - arrogant ar$eholes who believe their music is changing lives for the better (only when it stops, lad, only when it stops)
I'm pretty sure Bono is the only arrogant a-hole in the band and you can't discount a couple of decades' worth of brilliant music just because of him...not with any credibility anyway.
Coldplay - dreadfully out of tune insipid drivel. Mystified why so many people like them.
Robbie Williams - arrogant ar$ehole with a God complex
Taylor Swift - the musical equivalent of drinking distilled water
Kanye (haven't heard any of his 'songs" but I hate him because of who he is and what he represents...namely EVERYTHING that's wrong in todays' society.
J*zz - it's just f*cking horrible and I have nothing good to say about it or anyone who likes it.

Nickleback
Creed
Guns n Roses
Def Leppard
Joey Belladonna era Anthrax
Green Day/offspring and all that pop punk bullsh!t
Emo
Metalcore
Mathcore
Black Metal

Nickelback - for some reason its become fashionable to hate them. Why? Is it because they aren't doing anything revolutionary? Is it because they deliberately write radio-friendly songs, to get publicity through MTV, radio play etc? I'm sure Chad and the rest are wiping their tears away with $50 bills. Wink

Guns n' Roses - okay is this another "I hate the band because their lead singer is an a-hole" thing? One of the most celebrated, genre-defining bands of all time, with one of the best-selling debut albums ever? You can't call yourself a true rock fan if you hate G n' R (at least as far as the original / early lineups are concerned).

Def Leppard - another often-ridiculed and under-rated band, who have written some of the best songs of the last 30-odd years. Granted their output since the new millennium has been a bit dodgy...treading water at best, but they still have a back-catalogue that has stood the test of time and can still command huge audiences. High and Dry, On Through the Night, Pyromania and Hysteria are regularly cited among the best rock albums in magazine reviews.

Also, while they are considered part of the New Wave of British Heavy Metal, they never called themselves a metal band and I've yet to read any articles in which they were referred to as such.

US pop punk bands...not a massive fan myself, but Green Day and The Offspring are probably the best. Certainly the most famous and longest-lived. They don't just do dumb, adolescent angst songs. There is some intelligent and even political material too.

Emo...well i was a fan of My Chemical Romance. They didn't just do miserable stuff, they had their lighter moments like Planetary (Go), Teenagers and Na Na Na.

dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 23 Jun - 20:35

What a load of c*ck warbling drivel that is.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mochyn du Fri 22 Sep - 0:08

I hate hip hop and Rnb full stop.

Anything vacuous and dance related

Stadium shows with DJs - These are not artists!

Avicii - tuneless, shallow crap

All "artists" emanating from the X factor or Voice

U2, for not changing the world and making it a little worse if anything through their turgid music.

Sting, a total hypocrite about the environment when he lives the most eco guzzling life imaginable! And also he's a minor talented artist who got lucky

REM, for being arrogant, self satisfied clowns, lucky to come out of the Alt Rock movement only because their needledick sound was radio friendly and lacked the power and guts of their contemporaries.

Mochyn du

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 22 Sep - 0:29

Mochyn du wrote:I hate hip hop and Rnb full stop.  

Anything vacuous and dance related

Stadium shows with DJs - These are not artists!

Avicii - tuneless, shallow crap

All "artists" emanating from the X factor or Voice

U2, for not changing the world and making it a little worse if anything through their turgid music.

Sting, a total hypocrite about the environment when he lives the most eco guzzling life imaginable!  And also he's a minor talented artist who got lucky

REM, for being arrogant, self satisfied clowns, lucky to come out of the Alt Rock movement only because their needledick sound was radio friendly and lacked the power and guts of their contemporaries.

Yeah I know exactly what you mean. That mindless, featureless and continuous crap.

I did like a few early U2 songs but quickly turned off them as their egos took off.
Didn't mind some of the early Police too but felt short-changed after "De doo doo doo de da da da..." A most annoying song.
REM - yeah, I saw them when I was quite young... maybe I was too naive to take their message too seriously at the time.

I really hated that time in the mid 80s when there was all of the fake drums, repetitive verses, weak vocals... as if you just had the throw in a tacky beat, say uninteresting things and talk complete nonsense... and you had the ingredients for a "hit" song.

Elton John and Phil Collins were almost tag-teaming each other and taking the easy and lazy option and producing this annoying crap for a period of about 5 years in a row it seemed. They had mountains of the stuff saved "on tape" and just repeated it over and over. I'd nominate them for the most pretentious 'artist' awards.

I even thought Dire Straits were getting too presumptuous. I hated (and still do) the MTV song. The "colour TV" lyrics were so superfluous and tacky... What? A colour TV? Big deal! Yeah, right mate. That is special.. you are truly amazing you are!

Last edited by The Loaded Dog on Fri 22 Sep - 0:52; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 22 Sep - 0:47

and then they do the more serious "Brother in Arms"...

Oh, how truly thoughtful, sincere & sensitive you are now! Such non-Rock star-like feelings, is it now? We all care with you...

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mochyn du Fri 22 Sep - 1:10

Yes must say I have a lot of hate for REM, not because they were bad but because whilst some of their earlier music was good, it was much more user friendly than material from their contemporaries like Husker Du, Black Flag, Minutemen, Replacements etc and this is the sole reason for their huge success, not because they were better than the bands they left behind. I actually much prefer other bands of their era.

Because of their lightweight sound REM got very lucky in the 90s with lots of radio air play and the general masses buying their records. The very same asshats who liked the usual Radio 1 drivel but get a CD of REM as a means of proving they had an "eclectic" taste in music. The same sort of people who pretend they like classical music just because they got a free Nigel Kennedy CD attached to the Sunday Mail supplements! These are the people who put REM where they are!

What sticks in my craw is that REM are in no way modest about their luck and success and portray a genuine air of superiority when they discuss they rise from the basements of American alternative rock to superstardom. The reality is, they are a bunch of smug pseudo intellectual hipsters who got very lucky that their Cat sounding music was easy listening enough and lightweight enough for the corporate execs at major record labels to push it hard and the radio to keep playing it over and over. Apart from a few decent singles, most of their songs are feeble, pretentious crap!

Rant Over.

Good stuff came from the 80s although the decade is lamented because most of the successful stuff was utter pap!

Mochyn du

Back to top Go down

Post by Mochyn du Fri 22 Sep - 1:12

Did I say "Cat" sounding? I think I meant p.... sounding.

Mochyn du

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 22 Sep - 1:27

Going to put my head above the parapet here and say in the 90s I was a huge REM fan and worse, I still to this day am not aware of any of the other bands you referenced, so I'm pretty much the asshat they were aimed at. I will though ensure over the next few days I go through the back catalogues of the bands you mention if that redeems me in any way.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 22 Sep - 1:31

You are such a needy b*tch hero. You're turning into Adam

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 22 Sep - 1:37

ShahenshahG wrote:You are such a needy b*tch hero. You're turning into Adam

F**k that s**t

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 22 Sep - 1:39

Hero wrote:Going to put my head above the parapet here and say in the 90s I was a huge REM fan and worse, I still to this day am not aware of any of the other bands you referenced, so I'm pretty much the asshat they were aimed at. I will though ensure over the next few days I go through the back catalogues of the bands you mention if that redeems me in any way.

You should put that on your wall, this will remind you of what a b*tch you've become and harden your resolve to be a man. This will also help

www.artofmanliness.com

Last edited by ShahenshahG on Fri 22 Sep - 1:41; edited 1 time in total

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsV2 Fri 22 Sep - 1:40

How terrible of REM to gain a mainstream audience and become successful.

LionsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 22 Sep - 2:53

REM do have a smugness about them but I find criticism of their music rooted in bitterness rather than objectivity.  Yes they did become successful and, after Bill Berry left, fairly sh*t but in the late 80s they were untouchable with a run of Life's Rich Pageant, Document and Green (that's without even mentioning their early work).  Because they had so much commercial success with Automatic For The People and Out Of Time doesn't suddenly make them rubbish.  From Monster onwards things were starting to fall apart but any band would've been happy to lay claim to just one of the three earlier albums I mentioned.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down