The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manny Pacquiao admits drug use as he backs Duterte's crackdown

+5
huw
smashingstormcrow
Herman Jaeger
AdamT
Pedro147
9 posters

Go down

Manny Pacquiao admits drug use as he backs Duterte's crackdown Empty Manny Pacquiao admits drug use as he backs Duterte's crackdown

Post by Pedro147 Thu 29 Sep 2016, 4:37 pm

Manny Pacquiao has admitted he took "all kinds of drugs" - but supports a crackdown on dealers which has led to more than 3,000 deaths in the Philippines.

The boxing star, who was elected as a senator in May, said he backed president Rodrigo Duterte's war on drugs and claimed that the leader was chosen by God to "discipline the people".

Since taking office in June, Mr Duterte has put the crackdown at the core of presidency and said it will not stop "until the last drug manufacturer is killed".

Pacquiao, 37, said: "The president, he doesn't know my experience with drugs.

"I tried drugs…many kinds of drugs, all kinds of drugs."

The boxer said his substance abuse happened for years "before I became a champion".

He added it was unfair to blame the drugs-related death toll on Mr Duterte.

http://news.sky.com/story/manny-pacquiao-admits-drug-use-as-he-backs-dutertes-crackdown-10598025

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Manny Pacquiao admits drug use as he backs Duterte's crackdown Empty Re: Manny Pacquiao admits drug use as he backs Duterte's crackdown

Post by AdamT Thu 29 Sep 2016, 4:38 pm

I'm not surprised

I reckon he has used some substances, since becoming champion as well.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Manny Pacquiao admits drug use as he backs Duterte's crackdown Empty Re: Manny Pacquiao admits drug use as he backs Duterte's crackdown

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu 29 Sep 2016, 4:49 pm

Sounds like he's advocating and supporting  the use of extrajudicial killings he's a bit of an idiot really isn't he just like Shinawatra was doing in Thailand

I'll never buy one of his fights again for what that's worth

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by smashingstormcrow Thu 29 Sep 2016, 5:06 pm

The guy's a sandwich short of a picnic. 'Chosen by God to "discipline the people"'... sounds like something Fred Phelps would have said.

smashingstormcrow

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Fri 30 Sep 2016, 2:54 pm

Manny is a fairly simple bloke (not much education - other than church as he has got older) from a very Catholic country. He has also spent much of his life being punched in the face.

The Philippines is a very poor country and has lots of deep routed problems.

His views on the world will be very different from ours.

He has said nothing about performance enhancing drugs so maybe smoked weed and tried some coke / e's / weird legal highs etc.

I wouldn't want him to have anything to do with running a country as he doesn't seem suited to it for anything other than being a famous face. Don't think he has ever put his bits in a dead pig or the other things we expect from our leaders. That being said, given a choice I would vote for him instead of Trump.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 30 Sep 2016, 3:14 pm

I would guess if someone is willing to put recreational dung into their bodies, ped's wouldn't be a problem.

Though Manny has never failed a test, so the dodgy shakes, must of been out of date protein (fart) powder.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Fri 30 Sep 2016, 3:20 pm

AdamT wrote:I would guess if someone is willing to put recreational dung into their bodies, ped's wouldn't be a problem.

Though Manny has never failed a test, so the dodgy shakes, must of been out of date protein (fart) powder.

I have put all sorts of drugs in my body but wouldn't touch steroids. Generally I wanted drugs that would make me have fun (at least perceived fun at the time) as opposed to messing up my body. Everyone is different and some of us have strange logic about right and wrong.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 30 Sep 2016, 3:30 pm

I never said he did. No proof!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 01 Oct 2016, 10:02 am

Took drugs...Years before he was a champion at 21 at Flyweight and went on to slap welters about...

When I can envision Richardo Lopez smacking Aaron Pryor and Don Curry types about..

I'll buy into this hypocritical low life scumbag..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sat 01 Oct 2016, 2:37 pm

The man's a complete douchebag

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sat 01 Oct 2016, 3:17 pm

Arum claims to hate Trump but finds it morally justifiable to continue to promote Pacquaio with his toxic opinions fed up now with Bob's little updates on Manny on youtube as if we're supposed to be concerned about him any more a man who endorses murder

Mexican Americans make up a big percentage of the ppv market of course so that's the only reason Bob chooses to openly criticise Trump anyway

They deserve each other Manny and Bob

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 02 Oct 2016, 10:57 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Took drugs...Years before he was a champion at 21 at Flyweight and went on to slap welters about...

When I can envision Richardo Lopez smacking Aaron Pryor and Don Curry types about..

I'll buy into this hypocritical low life scumbag..

It's his hard work and genetics. Manny is a great man and wouldn't cheat Truss! Cool

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 03 Oct 2016, 1:11 pm

Not just drug dealers and users they're terminating they're taking care of political opponents too in fact that may be the real reason for the crackdown

Too many punches to the head Manny's a full blown megalomaniac planning to take over the whole show with 'his' president and all the embezzlement that goes with it no wonder he and Bob are friends

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 03 Oct 2016, 1:23 pm

he's a strange one, flits seemlessly from everybody's favourite grinning oaf, warbling 'let it go' in the shower, to views on homosexuality that makes Tyson fury seem like a tree hugging liberal, and supporting genocide in the name of God.

If he shagged dead pigs, fiddled his expenses and launched a campaign advocating tax evasion, he'd be the model political candidate for the 21st century.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 03 Oct 2016, 1:28 pm

Floyd was always the 'bad guy'. To be fair he is a woman beating convict, so deserves that title.

Got a feeling that Mr friendly, smiley Pacquaio has darker skeletons in his closest. He is no good guy. Just a hunch.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 03 Oct 2016, 1:42 pm

Never bought his good guy act

Floyd may not the most likeable guy but he doesn't(I don't think) endorse mass political murder

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Mon 03 Oct 2016, 2:22 pm

A Filipino lady I know didn't think much of Pacquia either. Acording to her, it was known for years that he used to cheat on his wife. The first words out of her mouth when I asked her about him was that he was an a-hole.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 03 Oct 2016, 2:42 pm

In fairness to Manny he heard the word of God......

I haven't been lucky enough to hear it yet..."Bring some milk in on your way home" is the closest I've got....

The Lord is a strange guy............He espouses loving your fellow man one minute and the next he wants all gay people burned at the stake...apparently.

Perhaps it is best if he ignores me....For the time being in any case...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 03 Oct 2016, 3:57 pm

Floyd was right all along.

How do you Floyd haters feel now

HARD WORK DEDICATION

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 03 Oct 2016, 4:44 pm

Floyd haters are stupid really. Unless the only reason they hate him, is for women beating. If someone hates him for that? Fair enough.

The act he puts on in camera, is just that! An act!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Oct 2016, 4:55 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Floyd was right all along.

HARD WORK DEDICATION BEATING AND ABUSING WOMEN

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Mon 03 Oct 2016, 5:40 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Floyd was right all along.

HARD WORK DEDICATION

Floyd said he took PED's. Manny said he took drugs in the past.

Floyd was right in the same way someone is right if they accuse someone of drinking white spirit when they say they have tried alcohol.

Most boxers and in fact most people have tried drugs in the past, whether they are legal drugs like pharmaceuticals, alcohol or cigarettes or illegal drugs such as weed, ecstasy, coke etc.

The strange thing they are doing in the Philippines with drugs isn't likely to be cracking down on steroid abusers but on the more problematic drugs for the country. Manny saying he has tried drugs is far more likely to be connected to that.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 03 Oct 2016, 8:33 pm

Just as there were endless debates between 'flomos' and 'pactards' about who was the better fighter... With it being seemingly unacceptable to think both were great... It now appears we're getting debates about who the bigger ar*ehole is.

I'm going to flirt with an unacceptable position once more. Both were great fighters both are ar*eholes.

As for PED use... Suspicion of both but unproven. Though the idea that recreational drug use renders you a dead cert for PEDs is, well, a laughable conclusion.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Mon 03 Oct 2016, 9:25 pm

Recreational drug use doesn't make you a dead cert for PED's, but in Manny's case it gives just a glimpse into the type of person he is. All the years he was pretending to be 'Mr Goody Two Shoes" and the truth of it was that he was just as imperfect as the next guy. I bet when he was at the height of his boxing career he would never have admitted to doing any kind of drug. So why are supposed to believe that he was too saintly to succumb to PED use?

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 03 Oct 2016, 11:49 pm

Too saintly and too scared of needles. Whistle

wherea mayweather's  the kind of guy who says,  you gotta take the test... Whilst paying you off to keep schtum about his own failed A tests and taking a retrospective TUE for injecting fluids to 'rehydrate'... When as we've established on recent threads you never rehydrate anyway.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Tue 04 Oct 2016, 11:48 am

milkyboy wrote:Too saintly and too scared of needles. Whistle

wherea mayweather's  the kind of guy who says,  you gotta take the test... Whilst paying you off to keep schtum about his own failed A tests and taking a retrospective TUE for injecting fluids to 'rehydrate'... When as we've established on recent threads you never rehydrate anyway.

Very few drugs need needles. Most that you would associate with needles don't need needles.

Harder to be diabetic and scared of needles than a heroin addict....

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 04 Oct 2016, 11:57 am

Most performing enhancing drugs require needles. At least the ones athletes would use.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Tue 04 Oct 2016, 12:10 pm

AdamT wrote:Most performing enhancing drugs require needles. At least the ones athletes would use.

I know, yet there has been no suggestion of PED's in what he has said.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 04 Oct 2016, 12:26 pm

... Not sure anyone's saying differently Huw. I was saying he's too scared of needles to take PEDs... Referencing his reluctance for blood tests - and with tongue firmly in cheek. I wasn't implying he'd been shooting up as a kid. I've no idea what the narcotics of choice were for young filipino's 20 years ago, nor their preferred method of taking them.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 04 Oct 2016, 12:42 pm

I don't suppose anyone has ever heard of oral steroids.. Rolling Eyes

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 04 Oct 2016, 12:44 pm

I reckon Manny would of used more needles (if he cheated). Test suspension, hgh and epo. Perhaps other designer drugs, we currently do not know of.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Tue 04 Oct 2016, 12:46 pm

milkyboy wrote:... Not sure anyone's saying differently Huw. I was saying he's too scared of needles to take PEDs... Referencing his reluctance for blood tests - and with tongue firmly in cheek. I wasn't  implying he'd been shooting up as a kid. I've no idea what the narcotics of choice were for young filipino's 20 years ago, nor their preferred method of taking them.

It does seem that some are saying this though.

Others seem to want to demonise him for having an artificially clean image. Yet it has been well known for years he rarely stayed faithful to his wife (although it is very common in Asia to have a wife and mistresses), he likes man sausage fighting (as do most Filipinos) and grew up on the streets so probably did all sorts to survive in a country that can be brutal.

I believe he didn't take PED's as I've seen no logical evidence to suggest he did.

Would be good if everyone could just agree that he was a great boxer and someone who is probably not so great outside the ring, very much like Mayweather, which is something that most fans of both don't like.

Never heard any stories of him beating women up though which I guess on the scale of not very nice people makes him the nicer not very nice person.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 04 Oct 2016, 12:48 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I don't suppose anyone has ever heard of oral steroids.. Rolling Eyes

Manny's scared of them too truss... unless they're strawberry flavoured.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 04 Oct 2016, 12:48 pm

He only uses them in his milkshakes!!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Tue 04 Oct 2016, 12:51 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I don't suppose anyone has ever heard of oral steroids.. Rolling Eyes

Does it make women better and more energetic at sucking Winkle? If so where can I get them and what food can I put them in that the wife won't taste?

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 04 Oct 2016, 12:53 pm

huw wrote:
milkyboy wrote:... Not sure anyone's saying differently Huw. I was saying he's too scared of needles to take PEDs... Referencing his reluctance for blood tests - and with tongue firmly in cheek. I wasn't  implying he'd been shooting up as a kid. I've no idea what the narcotics of choice were for young filipino's 20 years ago, nor their preferred method of taking them.

It does seem that some are saying this though.

Others seem to want to demonise him for having an artificially clean image. Yet it has been well known for years he rarely stayed faithful to his wife (although it is very common in Asia to have a wife and mistresses), he likes man sausage fighting (as do most Filipinos) and grew up on the streets so probably did all sorts to survive in a country that can be brutal.

I believe he didn't take PED's as I've seen no logical evidence to suggest he did.

Would be good if everyone could just agree that he was a great boxer and someone who is probably not so great outside the ring, very much like Mayweather, which is something that most fans of both don't like.

Never heard any stories of him beating women up though which I guess on the scale of not very nice people makes him the nicer not very nice person.

Oh they're happy to demonise him... Just didn't see anyone say that manny had implied he'd taken PEDs... They just decided if he'd taken recreational drugs he must therefore have taken PEDs!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 04 Oct 2016, 12:57 pm

huw wrote:

Does it make women better and more energetic at sucking Winkle?
If so where can I get them and what food can I put them in that the wife won't taste?

Sadly it probably just makes their jubblies hairy... but that might be your thing - who am I to judge.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Tue 04 Oct 2016, 1:02 pm

milkyboy wrote:
huw wrote:

If so where can I get them and what food can I put them in that the wife won't taste?

Sadly it probably just makes their jubblies hairy... but that might be your thing - who am I to judge.

So we can make drugs that build muscle, cure (or prolong) diseases and yet nothing to make winkle sucking more common or better. The worlds priorities are messed up...

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 04 Oct 2016, 1:09 pm

milkyboy wrote:
huw wrote:

Deepens their voice too......If you like Darth Vader then put your Mrs on a course....

The force will be strong in your house in no time.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Tue 04 Oct 2016, 6:10 pm

milkyboy wrote:Too saintly and too scared of needles. Whistle

But OK with tattoo needles?

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 04 Oct 2016, 6:44 pm

... Stick on transfers

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 05 Oct 2016, 1:20 pm

Manny's hypocrisy know no bounds but he won't give us a Thurman or Porter bout no one is interested in Vargas

Who knows maybe the wheels are already in motion as it's still Floyd's best payday(could still do 9 figures) but the first fight was clear cut Floyd's too good for him Floyd's got enough money he's at a stage now where he should concentrate on interesting fights for the real fans I want to see him challenge himself Thurman Andrade Golovkin these kind of fights make himself a real legend rather than just a self-proclaimed one. Anyway if he really is going to come back I just hope he doesn't give the Filipino a payday:

http://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiao-mayweathers-only-concern-money-not-fans--109418

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Wed 05 Oct 2016, 1:35 pm

My mate asked me last week who Manny was fighting as he knows I follow boxing and I actually couldn't remember. That's how underwelming the fight and his comeback is.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Oct 2016, 2:10 pm

milkyboy wrote:... Stick on transfers
Maybe he was using tainted nicotine patches

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 05 Oct 2016, 6:31 pm

Pedro147 wrote:My mate asked me last week who Manny was fighting as he knows I follow boxing and I actually couldn't remember. That's how underwelming the fight and his comeback is.

Boxing seems to have moved on and left Manny behind.......Strange considering he is a big star and Boxing has a lack of them...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Oct 2016, 6:57 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Pedro147 wrote:My mate asked me last week who Manny was fighting as he knows I follow boxing and I actually couldn't remember. That's how underwelming the fight and his comeback is.

Boxing seems to have moved on and left Manny behind.......Strange considering he is a big star and Boxing has a lack of them...
Not just Manny, there's a dirty rumour going round that it's no longer the 80's!!!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down