New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by Shifty on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 5:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/new-zealand-blacks-told-go-11972580

England boss Ian Ritchie, having already given warning the RFU will torpedo any radical plan to move the autumn internationals or the Six Nations, has fired another in the direction of the southern hemisphere.

The New Zealand Rugby Union has been advised to go and build a bigger stadium if it wants to generate more income as the row over introducing a global season intensifies.

England boss Ian Ritchie, having already given warning the RFU will torpedo any radical plan to move the autumn internationals or the Six Nations, has fired another in the direction of the southern hemisphere.

Unions kings New Zealand have allegedly demanded half of the matchday revenue generated when they come to Europe to face the likes of Wales and England in fixtures following the 2019 World Cup.

There aren’t any tours in place after that tournament and the back-to-back world champion All Blacks have demanded cash to play at the Principality Stadium, Twickenham and the like.

New Zealand, Australia and South Africa want to increase their income to help fund the professional game in those countries.

NZRU boss chief executive Steve Tew has indicated the back-to-back World Cup holders will hold the northern hemisphere to ransom and seek individual fixtures if the sport’s leaders cannot reach a deal on the thorny issue of introducing a global season.

“We need a different season structure than we have now and we’re not going to default to the current one. We’re going to force that issue,” he declared.

“People will have to come to the table and we’ll negotiate individual matches in 2020.”

Tew claimed, without a compromise, there wouldn’t be a window for the Lions to tour or a World Cup.

But the sport’s most powerful and richest union, England, isn’t prepared to dance to the Kiwi tune, according to its chief executive Ritchie.

“When we went down there (Australia) for the three Test matches in June, we got no money at all,” he pointed out.

“They get the gate money and TV money and that’s the same for Lions tours as well, so I’m not sure I get this argument.

“I didn’t ask for a revenue share from Australia. And ditto from the Lions, so I don’t see why there is a particularly strong case for arguing the other way.

“If we manage to sell out 82,000 at Twickenham because of our efforts and because we’ve invested in the stadium, that’s something we’ve rightly invested in.

“If you look at the amount of money the RFU has spent on Twickenham since it was conceived, well then of course we should get a return on that.

“Of course they would say they want more money but there is nothing to stop Australia or New Zealand building a stadium.”

And Ritchie suggested: “Go and build a stadium if you want to increase your revenue growth.

“We’ve all been through it – Wales, Ireland and Scotland too. You incur some debt in stadium build and then you reap the benefits of that. We keep what we make to put back into the game.”

Ritchie hinted England may stop paying countries to play them outside the autumn World Rugby Test window, as has been the case.

“If you throw everything up in the air you might say: ‘Why would you pay that?’” he said.

Wales have also paid 'start money' to opponents so they can stage an extra autumn Test with cash-strapped Australia and South Africa having benefited from the policy.

Ritchie again dismissed the notion of a unified global season, saying: “As I understand it the southern hemisphere don’t want to play in their summer and neither do we, so bringing those calendars together becomes very difficult.

“We still see rugby as a winter sport. The Six Nations and the autumn internationals are important bed-rocks, so we don’t anticipate change there.

“The Six Nations, as far as the date in the calendar is concerned, works well. We have a great TV deal and we have stadia that are filled for every game.

“Why would you want to change something that works really well? So I can’t see there being any significant move in that.

“And I think as well that the autumn internationals work terribly well for us as well. The focus of discussion is on the summer (June), although one year will be a Lions and another a World Cup. Discussions are ongoing.”

Rugby’s leading decision-makers, including top officials from the WRU, have been in Buenos Aires, Argentina for a series of key World Rugby committee meetings to discuss and formulate policy.

WRU chairman Gareth Davies said, in the wake of Wales’ summer tour of New Zealand, the Six Nations didn’t need to be moved “for the sake of it” because it works where it is now (February and March).

But he added: “if it were necessary to move it in order that it were a piece of the jigsaw that enabled northern and southern hemispheres to have a coherent global season, then it’s worth doing.”

Union chief executive Martyn Phillips had said: “I have an open mind and people ask me about changing to summer rugby, moving the Six Nations tournament and altering the format.

“My whole philosophy is you review everything all the time so I’d review the Six Nations every year.

“There are a lot of conversations about the global season and we’re looking to make things better and the logical season for players and supporters.

“People have been very open about their views and there won’t be a solution for everyone because of the two different hemispheres.”
Shifty
Shifty

Posts : 7357
Join date : 2011-04-26
Age : 40
Location : Kenfig Hill, Bridgend

Back to top Go down


New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by Gooseberry on Tue 11 Oct 2016, 11:16 am

TrailApe wrote:
He's a big fan of pebbly beaches but, ironically, has a holiday home in Cleethorpes

What's this with pebbly beaches! I feel denied - all we've got a miles of sand - where can I find these mythical pebbly beaches?

Plenty of shingles to be had in Brighton

Gooseberry

Posts : 5552
Join date : 2015-02-11

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by TrailApe on Tue 11 Oct 2016, 11:24 am

That's a long way to go for a few pebbles. I'm disappointed, I assumed they were more plentiful!

Yet another bitter blow - and it's only Tuesday....
TrailApe
TrailApe

Posts : 882
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Newcastle upon Tyne

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by stub on Tue 11 Oct 2016, 11:33 am

TrailApe wrote:
He's a big fan of pebbly beaches but, ironically, has a holiday home in Cleethorpes

What's this with pebbly beaches! I feel denied - all we've got a miles of sand - where can I find these mythical pebbly beaches?

Brighton!

stub

Posts : 2108
Join date : 2013-01-31

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by stub on Tue 11 Oct 2016, 11:33 am

Ah sorry. I was too late.

stub

Posts : 2108
Join date : 2013-01-31

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by Gooseberry on Tue 11 Oct 2016, 1:26 pm

TrailApe wrote:That's a long way to go for a few pebbles. I'm disappointed, I assumed they were more plentiful!

Yet another bitter blow - and it's only Tuesday....

I meant the STD

Gooseberry

Posts : 5552
Join date : 2015-02-11

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by ebop on Tue 11 Oct 2016, 8:30 pm

My humble apologies to all you sandy beach loving English. I sincerely did not realise all your beaches were so sandy and wonderful. I thought there were more pebbly beaches like Brighton, which I've been to, and sure is pebbly. No hard feelings I hope.
ebop
ebop

Posts : 4898
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by stub on Tue 11 Oct 2016, 8:59 pm

ebop wrote:My humble apologies to all you sandy beach loving English. I sincerely did not realise all your beaches were so sandy and wonderful. I thought there were more pebbly beaches like Brighton, which I've been to, and sure is pebbly. No hard feelings I hope.

Have you not been to Cleethorpes too?

No hard feelings, just a bit perplexed/confused about your comments about pebbles and rain.

Brighton is pebbly though.

I like Brighton.

stub

Posts : 2108
Join date : 2013-01-31

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by ebop on Tue 11 Oct 2016, 9:25 pm

It was a poorly made original point that I should have fleshed out a bit as it was very cryptic. My point is that not all players from NZ will take the large sums of money on offer because the lifestyle in NZ is actually very good and clearly there are many drivers keeping NZ players in NZ besides money. This won't change on the whole but no doubt more will be tempted. We haven't reached the tipping point like what has happened with SA but who knows? Tipping Point, my 4yo is obsessed with this bloody show!
ebop
ebop

Posts : 4898
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by stub on Tue 11 Oct 2016, 9:37 pm

Nobody is saying that the lifestyle in NZ is bad ebop. The lifestyle in the UK is pretty good too. Many English players resist bigger salaries in France for instance (which also has a great lifestyle.)

Haven't seen tipping point..

stub

Posts : 2108
Join date : 2013-01-31

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by ebop on Tue 11 Oct 2016, 9:50 pm

Bigger salaries yes but maybe not life changing salaries like they 'can' be for kiwis due to currency conversions. The lifestyle in NZ is vastly 'different' to that of England and France. I'm not saying they're not good, just different.
ebop
ebop

Posts : 4898
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by stub on Tue 11 Oct 2016, 10:10 pm

Not sure about the currency conversion comment tbh. Can agree though that lifestyle or quality of life is very much in the eye of the beholder in our very comfortable nations. It's all very good.

stub

Posts : 2108
Join date : 2013-01-31

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by hugehandoff on Wed 12 Oct 2016, 5:26 pm

ebop wrote:The lifestyle in NZ is vastly 'different' to that of England and France. I'm not saying they're not good, just different.

Is living in the 1970s still good then? Very Happy

hugehandoff

Posts : 907
Join date : 2011-06-02
Location : London

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by ebop on Wed 12 Oct 2016, 8:10 pm

What do you mean?
ebop
ebop

Posts : 4898
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by goneagain on Thu 13 Oct 2016, 8:35 am

hugehandoff wrote:
ebop wrote:The lifestyle in NZ is vastly 'different' to that of England and France. I'm not saying they're not good, just different.

Is living in the 1970s still good then? Very Happy

You might find out if comrade Corbyn gets elected! Whistle

goneagain

Posts : 306
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by lostinwales on Thu 13 Oct 2016, 10:34 am

goneagain wrote:
hugehandoff wrote:
ebop wrote:The lifestyle in NZ is vastly 'different' to that of England and France. I'm not saying they're not good, just different.

Is living in the 1970s still good then? Very Happy

You might find out if comrade Corbyn gets elected! Whistle

I lived in 'a Principality' located to the west for a few years. We dreamed of living in the 70's in those days..

Mind you there is an excellent museum outside of Cardiff (St Fagans) where they have rebuilt many buildings from different times in history. In one area they have a set of miners cottages with each one decorated from a different era. The last is from the 70's - formica everywhere. It is very strange seeing a historical scene that I can (if only barely) actually remember from being there.

lostinwales

Posts : 8575
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by TrailApe on Thu 13 Oct 2016, 10:56 am

The last is from the 70's - formica everywhere. It is very strange seeing a historical scene that I can (if only barely) actually remember from being there.

Formica tables worn through to the brown backing stuff, tatty lino floors, beer at 17 pence a pint - the CIU working men's clubs of the 70's and early eighties...

ahh those were the days.

Never liked the orange, mustard and brown décor though.
TrailApe
TrailApe

Posts : 882
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Newcastle upon Tyne

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by Guest on Thu 13 Oct 2016, 10:57 am

lostinwales wrote:
goneagain wrote:
hugehandoff wrote:
ebop wrote:The lifestyle in NZ is vastly 'different' to that of England and France. I'm not saying they're not good, just different.

Is living in the 1970s still good then? Very Happy

You might find out if comrade Corbyn gets elected! Whistle

I lived in 'a Principality' located to the west for a few years. We dreamed of living in the 70's in those days..

Mind you there is an excellent museum outside of Cardiff (St Fagans) where they have rebuilt many buildings from different times in history. In one area they have a set of miners cottages with each one decorated from a different era. The last is from the 70's - formica everywhere. It is very strange seeing a historical scene that I can (if only barely) actually remember from being there.

Do you mean Wales? You must be pretty old as it hasn't been a principality since 1536!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by SecretFly on Thu 13 Oct 2016, 12:03 pm

Abiding memories of the 70s... dirty, brown, strikes, poverty, more brown, bellbottoms, big collars, platform shoes, Osmonds, David Cassidy, Glam rock (dreadful) tinsel, tack, more dirt, more gloom, more rain, more strikes and more brown with everything - from car colours to fashion.

A few good bits - watching movies from the 60s in the 70s ( a much more classy decade), Christmas overkill (liked that as a kid), America was another planet and virtually anything that came from it was warmer, happier, more wealthy, more cool; ABBA (for the two babes - yes, I started appreciating the female form at a young age) The Old Grey Whistle Test and classic rock, Jaws, Close Encounters of a Third Kind, Starwars ....and I suppose my childhood, which overall still shines like a summer's day.

SecretFly

Posts : 30724
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by LordDowlais on Thu 13 Oct 2016, 12:36 pm

This has to be one the nicest beaches in the world:-

https://www.google.com/search?q=three+cliffs+bay+wales&espv=2&biw=1600&bih=786&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwimmby_19fPAhVFjiwKHeuPAIQQsAQIPg

Not too shabby. Also, pay not attention to lostinwales, he has an underlying, unbridled hatred for Wales. We must have done something to him when he lived here. Laugh

LordDowlais

Posts : 13675
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by lostinwales on Thu 13 Oct 2016, 12:55 pm

LordDowlais wrote:This has to be one the nicest beaches in the world:-

https://www.google.com/search?q=three+cliffs+bay+wales&espv=2&biw=1600&bih=786&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwimmby_19fPAhVFjiwKHeuPAIQQsAQIPg

Not too shabby. Also, pay not attention to lostinwales, he has an underlying, unbridled hatred for Wales. We must have done something to him when he lived here. Laugh

Done the Welsh thing to death in various places and having moved out 4 years ago its all turning into distant (if often unpleasant) memories.

As for 3 cliffs bay (and in particular Pobbles beach) I can confirm it is an utterly superb place. Wide, sandy and a mile or so from the nearest parking, meaning that it never got too busy (Unlike, say, Caswell which was lovely but best slightly out of season). Lots of interesting places to explore around it for little kids too, like the stepping stones across the river, the castle, lots of rocks (and the cliffs themselves) for climbing and the odd cave here and there.

I never got the Gower as a place overall, but there were some fantastic spots, like Pwlldu, Brandy cove, Mewslade and that beach around the corner from Rhossili where you could look for miles in most directions and not see another soul.

I know it very well, liked it very much but not enough to want to head back any time soon.

lostinwales

Posts : 8575
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by LordDowlais on Thu 13 Oct 2016, 1:10 pm

This is one of my favourite beeches in Wales it's this one:-

https://www.google.com/search?q=barafundle+bay&espv=2&biw=1600&bih=786&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjZyY_d3tfPAhXJXCwKHUYDDBMQsAQINw

It's only about 15 mins from my caravan in West Wales, very secluded, and a nice walk to get there. As for pebble beeches in Wales, you will not get much nicer than this one:-

https://www.google.com/search?q=stackpole+quay&sa=X&espv=2&biw=1600&bih=786&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&ved=0ahUKEwjWrcXp3tfPAhWI3iwKHcsaBpUQsAQITA


Wales has probably some of the most beautiful beeches in the world, and that is no exaggeration.

LordDowlais

Posts : 13675
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by LordDowlais on Thu 13 Oct 2016, 1:17 pm

Some more beautiful Welsh beaches:-

https://www.google.com/search?q=stackpole+quay&sa=X&espv=2&biw=1600&bih=786&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&ved=0ahUKEwjWrcXp3tfPAhWI3iwKHcsaBpUQsAQITA#tbm=isch&q=manorbier+beach

https://www.google.com/search?q=freshwater+east&espv=2&biw=1600&bih=786&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj5oLuT4tfPAhWJJSwKHcbACSwQsAQIOw

Filmed Harry Potter and Robin Hood on this one:-

https://www.google.com/search?q=stackpole+quay&sa=X&espv=2&biw=1600&bih=786&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&ved=0ahUKEwjWrcXp3tfPAhWI3iwKHcsaBpUQsAQITA#tbm=isch&q=freshwater+west+beach

I love West Wales.


Last edited by LordDowlais on Thu 13 Oct 2016, 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

LordDowlais

Posts : 13675
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by lostinwales on Thu 13 Oct 2016, 1:24 pm

Its all true. On the three days each year when its not raining the beaches in Wales can be fantastic

lostinwales

Posts : 8575
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by LordDowlais on Thu 13 Oct 2016, 1:27 pm

lostinwales wrote:Its all true. On the three days each year when its not raining the beaches in Wales can be fantastic


You do not need the sun to enjoy what is on your doorstep.

LordDowlais

Posts : 13675
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by SecretFly on Thu 13 Oct 2016, 1:33 pm

West Wales?

Nice name for the creation of a Real Region, what? Wink

SecretFly

Posts : 30724
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by lostinwales on Thu 13 Oct 2016, 1:43 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
lostinwales wrote:Its all true. On the three days each year when its not raining the beaches in Wales can be fantastic


You do not need the sun to enjoy what is on your doorstep.

What a Welsh answer Smile

Actually had some great walks around 3 cliffs with snow on the ground, but I can't help thinking that beaches are better with a bit of sun.....

lostinwales

Posts : 8575
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by Guest on Thu 13 Oct 2016, 2:07 pm

lostinwales wrote:Its all true. On the three days each year when its not raining the beaches in Wales can be fantastic

Really?! It doesn't rain that much more here. On the hills and mountains, yes of course. But low lying areas are not much different in annual rainfall to much of England. Depends where you mean. Here in sunny Newport I haven't seen rain for at least a week. Although some is forecast soon Wink . I've lived in Bristol and Surrey and can't say I noticed much difference there.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by lostinwales on Thu 13 Oct 2016, 2:13 pm

Griff wrote:
lostinwales wrote:Its all true. On the three days each year when its not raining the beaches in Wales can be fantastic

Really?! It doesn't rain that much more here. On the hills and mountains, yes of course. But low lying areas are not much different in annual rainfall to much of England. Depends where you mean. Here in sunny Newport I haven't seen rain for at least a week. Although some is forecast soon Wink . I've lived in Bristol and Surrey and can't say I noticed much difference there.

Swansea is the wettest city in the UK by some margin. (60% more than Manc as far as I can remember). Bristol actually gets more than its fair share also. Where I am now (Manchester) does have a bad rep but its not really justified.

We did live in Swansea during a particularly bad set of summers, but in general the thing about the weather that really got to me was the constant grey clouds and light drizzle. We do occasionally get that in Manchester but in general it rains then it clears and you get some sun.

Anyways this is getting a long way from the thread about the evil European clubs corrupting those pure and noble NZ rugby players with, you know, a decent salary.

lostinwales

Posts : 8575
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by aucklandlaurie on Sat 15 Oct 2016, 5:43 pm


I thought the thread was about England sharing their Twickenham takings when they host the All Blacks.

aucklandlaurie

Posts : 7525
Join date : 2011-06-27
Age : 63
Location : Auckland

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by Poorfour on Sat 15 Oct 2016, 7:48 pm

It was, laurie, it was. And now it's not.

Surprised there isn't more reaction to the RFU's record revenues, record reinvestment into rugby and moderate retained surplus, though. I was sure there would be someone claiming that another union had a right to a cut because the RFU are evil capitalists who do nothing to support everyone else's rugby...
Poorfour
Poorfour

Posts : 4196
Join date : 2011-10-01

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by aucklandlaurie on Sat 15 Oct 2016, 7:50 pm

Poorfour wrote:It was, laurie, it was. And now it's not.

Surprised there isn't more reaction to the RFU's record revenues, record reinvestment into rugby and moderate retained surplus, though. I was sure there would be someone claiming that another union had a right to  a cut because the RFU are evil capitalists who do nothing to support everyone else's rugby...

well actually now that you mention it...

aucklandlaurie

Posts : 7525
Join date : 2011-06-27
Age : 63
Location : Auckland

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by stub on Sat 15 Oct 2016, 9:03 pm

I believe that it's Ebop's fault mentioning pebble beaches and rain that got us here?
(sorry  Ebop but it's true)

And, to carry on with the flow of the thread, as it turns out, it seems that Swansea is quite a bit drier than Auckland.

But back on topic, New Zealand should definitely build a MASSIVE stadium and fill it full of their wonderful brand of rugby and fans IMHO.  Wink

stub

Posts : 2108
Join date : 2013-01-31

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by aucklandlaurie on Sat 15 Oct 2016, 10:04 pm

stub wrote:I believe that it's Ebop's fault mentioning pebble beaches and rain that got us here?
(sorry  Ebop but it's true)

And, to carry on with the flow of the thread, as it turns out, it seems that Swansea is quite a bit drier than Auckland.

But back on topic, New Zealand should definitely build a MASSIVE stadium and fill it full of their wonderful brand of rugby and fans IMHO.  Wink


Noone could build a stadium that big.

aucklandlaurie

Posts : 7525
Join date : 2011-06-27
Age : 63
Location : Auckland

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by stub on Sat 15 Oct 2016, 10:36 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:
stub wrote:I believe that it's Ebop's fault mentioning pebble beaches and rain that got us here?
(sorry  Ebop but it's true)

And, to carry on with the flow of the thread, as it turns out, it seems that Swansea is quite a bit drier than Auckland.

But back on topic, New Zealand should definitely build a MASSIVE stadium and fill it full of their wonderful brand of rugby and fans IMHO.  Wink


Noone could build a stadium that big.

But you should try Laurie! It will literally pay off. Very Happy

stub

Posts : 2108
Join date : 2013-01-31

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by aucklandlaurie on Sat 15 Oct 2016, 10:40 pm

stub wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:
stub wrote:I believe that it's Ebop's fault mentioning pebble beaches and rain that got us here?
(sorry  Ebop but it's true)

And, to carry on with the flow of the thread, as it turns out, it seems that Swansea is quite a bit drier than Auckland.

But back on topic, New Zealand should definitely build a MASSIVE stadium and fill it full of their wonderful brand of rugby and fans IMHO.  Wink


Noone could build a stadium that big.

But you should try Laurie! It will literally pay off. Very Happy


Nah, its not really our thing were more into quality not quantity.

aucklandlaurie

Posts : 7525
Join date : 2011-06-27
Age : 63
Location : Auckland

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by stub on Sat 15 Oct 2016, 10:46 pm

I don't think that it's an either or type of thing...

stub

Posts : 2108
Join date : 2013-01-31

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by aucklandlaurie on Sat 15 Oct 2016, 11:00 pm

stub wrote:I don't think that it's an either or type of thing...

It is when you look at market size, and geography.

aucklandlaurie

Posts : 7525
Join date : 2011-06-27
Age : 63
Location : Auckland

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by stub on Sat 15 Oct 2016, 11:11 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:
stub wrote:I don't think that it's an either or type of thing...

It is when you look at market size, and geography.

It hasn't held you back so far and you have always been disadvantaged in those terms. Your focus and creativity will mean you will continue to thrive I'm sure; although I think you'll have to be more creative than piggy backing on to other nations' infrastructure. You are the best team and therefore you have the best product - you can sell and invest that.

stub

Posts : 2108
Join date : 2013-01-31

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by aucklandlaurie on Sat 15 Oct 2016, 11:17 pm

stub wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:
stub wrote:I don't think that it's an either or type of thing...

It is when you look at market size, and geography.

It hasn't held you back so far and you have always been disadvantaged in those terms. Your focus and creativity will mean you will continue to thrive I'm sure; although I think you'll have to be more creative than piggy backing on to other nations' infrastructure. You are the best team and therefore you have the best product - you can sell and invest that.

True Stub, but the local market isn't big enough hence we are trying to sell it at Twickenham (the bigger market), however this bloke Ritchie is being a bit difficult.

aucklandlaurie

Posts : 7525
Join date : 2011-06-27
Age : 63
Location : Auckland

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by stub on Sat 15 Oct 2016, 11:25 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:
stub wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:
stub wrote:I don't think that it's an either or type of thing...

It is when you look at market size, and geography.

It hasn't held you back so far and you have always been disadvantaged in those terms. Your focus and creativity will mean you will continue to thrive I'm sure; although I think you'll have to be more creative than piggy backing on to other nations' infrastructure. You are the best team and therefore you have the best product - you can sell and invest that.

  True Stub, but the local market isn't big enough hence we are trying to sell it at Twickenham (the bigger market), however this bloke Ritchie is being a bit difficult.

Ha, yes, I think he's struggling to work out why you deserve/can demand half the profits when you haven't taken half the risks/have a smaller market (as he sees it.) Obviously though, the All Blacks have great worth and I'm sure Ritichie will come to an agreement with your bloke (Tew is it?) and normal service will resume shortly. Smile

stub

Posts : 2108
Join date : 2013-01-31

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by aucklandlaurie on Sun 16 Oct 2016, 12:07 am


No one will die.

aucklandlaurie

Posts : 7525
Join date : 2011-06-27
Age : 63
Location : Auckland

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by stub on Sun 16 Oct 2016, 12:10 am

Well, good.

stub

Posts : 2108
Join date : 2013-01-31

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by asoreleftshoulder on Sun 16 Oct 2016, 12:00 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:
No one will die.

That's short term thinking.

asoreleftshoulder

Posts : 3876
Join date : 2011-05-15
Location : Meath,Ireland.

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by stub on Sun 16 Oct 2016, 1:40 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:
No one will die.

That's short term thinking.

Cheerful! Very Happy

stub

Posts : 2108
Join date : 2013-01-31

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by aucklandlaurie on Sun 16 Oct 2016, 2:04 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:
No one will die.

That's short term thinking.

Thats the difference between life and death.

aucklandlaurie

Posts : 7525
Join date : 2011-06-27
Age : 63
Location : Auckland

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by Shifty on Sat 29 Oct 2016, 8:45 pm

LordDowlais wrote:This is one of my favourite beeches in Wales it's this one:-

https://www.google.com/search?q=barafundle+bay&espv=2&biw=1600&bih=786&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjZyY_d3tfPAhXJXCwKHUYDDBMQsAQINw

It's only about 15 mins from my caravan in West Wales, very secluded, and a nice walk to get there. As for pebble beeches in Wales, you will not get much nicer than this one:-

https://www.google.com/search?q=stackpole+quay&sa=X&espv=2&biw=1600&bih=786&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&ved=0ahUKEwjWrcXp3tfPAhWI3iwKHcsaBpUQsAQITA


Wales has probably some of the most beautiful beeches in the world, and that is no exaggeration.

Where's that?
I have a caravan in Park Dean, Pendine Smile
Shifty
Shifty

Posts : 7357
Join date : 2011-04-26
Age : 40
Location : Kenfig Hill, Bridgend

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by R!skysports on Mon 31 Oct 2016, 12:16 pm

Am I alone, but I would quite like a Global season and Rugby in the summer

(BBQ, Beers, watching in the sun)


R!skysports

Posts : 3431
Join date : 2011-03-17

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by Gooseberry on Mon 31 Oct 2016, 12:27 pm

Tell you what though the downside of havings uch a big Satdium at Twickernahm is that getting to Tesco is a ruddy nightmare when theres a rugby NFL game on

Gooseberry

Posts : 5552
Join date : 2015-02-11

Back to top Go down

New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Zealand told to build a bigger stadium by England boss Ian Ritchie!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum