Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by B91212 on Thu 06 Oct 2016, 5:12 am

Created in response to London Tigers request on the Round 5 thread. Will not be anything like LT's standard, just doing it as a thanks for the effort he puts in on a weekly basis. Due to location thought I would list the fixtures in North American format Cool. All kick off times taken from BBC Sport website (so don't blame me if they are wrong).

Friday 7th Octiober

Sale at Bath (Kick Off 7.45pm).
Both teams coming off a morale boosting wins last week. First thought is that Bath should be too strong at home but that could be doing a disservice to Sale, who must be the most underrated side in the league.

Saturday 8th October

Gloucester at Exeter (3.00pm)
Opposite of the first game with both teams coming off a narrow (ish in Gloucester's case) loss in round 5. Can't see anything other than a Chiefs win at home. If HKC is really lucky then PDJ will start if Afoa is in fact injured after limping off last weekend.

Northampton at Harlequins (3.00pm)
Two sides who would have hoped for better starts but two teams who have beaten last years finalists between them. Won't call it as a Saints fan but hoping for an away win.

Worcester at Leicester (3.00pm)
Tigers have looked unconvincing at times in defense but not seen anything from Warriors to suggest they will outscore them, especially at Welford Rd. Seem to remember hearing that Toomua has arrived in the UK with the Aus squad but is out with concussion and that it's not his first in recent times. Not verified and I hope it's not accurate.

Bristol at Newcastle (3.00pm)
Newcastle must surely win this one as Bristol's defense hasn't looked even close to Premiership standard. Could be a good moral boosting victory for Newcastle but expect Bristol have been targeting this game since the fixtures were announced.

Sunday 9th October (3.00pm)

Wasps at Saracens (3.00pm)
Without doubt game of the round. Wasps playing the more attractive rugby but Saracens are at home and have been able to rotate some players already. Does it come down to Saracens defense against Wasps attack?  Hard to call this one.

B91212

Posts : 1583
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by Sgt_Pooly on Thu 06 Oct 2016, 7:13 am

Newcastle must surely win this one as Bristol's defense hasn't looked even close to Premiership standard. Could be a good moral boosting victory for Newcastle but expect Bristol have been targeting this game since the fixtures were announced.

Well, our attack hasn't even close to AP standards so it could be a classic.

In all honesty, we have to win this one and win well. We were utter dross with ball in hand last week, although the defence has been sound which is something. Getting a drubbing in the scrum may allow Wilson to make his first start of the season on the tighthead side with Welsh possibly shifting across the left.

I'd also look to start Witty and bring in an extra carrying option in the backrow. We've struggled to get across the gainline again this season and despite signing numerous big carrying backrowers, have yet to see much of them. I'd like to see Egerton, our new scrum half making the squad. He attacks the fringes and has electric pace, something neither of usual scrum halfs have offered so far.

I'm going for Falcons 22-10 Bristol......

Wasps v Saracens should be a cracker, Wasps have looked unplayable at times.

Sgt_Pooly

Posts : 30811
Join date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by yappysnap on Thu 06 Oct 2016, 7:37 am

Oh my god the American way of writing the teams is confusing!!!!!

yappysnap

Posts : 10367
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 28
Location : Guildford, Surrey

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by yappysnap on Thu 06 Oct 2016, 7:40 am

I'm going with:

Sale
Exeter
Tigers
Quins
Falcons
Sarries


Think Saracens will close wasps down and make them look very ordinary.

yappysnap

Posts : 10367
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 28
Location : Guildford, Surrey

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by Jimpy on Thu 06 Oct 2016, 8:03 am

yappysnap wrote:I'm going with:

Sale
Exeter
Tigers
Quins
Falcons
Sarries


Think Saracens will close wasps down and make them look very ordinary.

Saracens have a knack of being able to do that. I disagree that this is the match of the weekend, it will most likely be an attritional kick-fest with Sarries coming out on top.

Jimpy

Posts : 2823
Join date : 2012-08-02
Location : Not in a hot sandy place anymore

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by Bathman_in_London on Thu 06 Oct 2016, 11:52 am

Seven changes for Bath Rugby to face Sale


Bath Rugby have made seven changes to the side to face Sale Sharks in Round Six of the Aviva Premiership at the Recreation Ground tomorrow night, kick-off 19.45.

Jonathan Joseph, Dave Attwood and Zach Mercer return into the starting line-up and Club captain Guy Mercer and Adam Hastings feature on the bench.

Tom Homer retains his place at full-back with Semesa Rokoduguni providing the threat on the right wing. Jonathan Joseph makes his return to the side to partner Matt Banahan in the centres, meaning a positional change for Aled Brew, who shifts to the left wing. George Ford, who will once again co-captain the side with Matt Garvey, continues his successful partnership with Kahn Fotuali’i in the half backs.

The front row from last weekend’s derby win against Gloucester is unchanged, with Nathan Catt, Tom Dunn and Henry Thomas packing down at the coal face. Attwood comes back into the starting line-up and partners Elliott Stooke in the second row, with Zach Mercer starting at number eight. Garvey and Tom Ellis continue on the flanks either side of him.

Todd Blackadder, Director of Rugby, said: “Obviously it’s great to have JJ back in the mix – he’s an exciting, dynamic player who offers us a real attacking platform. It means that Aled can shift out to the wing, his more natural position, so we’re looking forward to seeing how he goes. Zach Mercer has performed really well when he’s had the chance this season, and deserves his start, and we’re thrilled that Guy Mercer is back in the matchday squad.

“Sale have been in great form, and we know they are a tough side to beat. We’ve had a good week’s preparation, and hopefully we’ll be able to put that into the game tomorrow night and end this block of Premiership games in a good place.

“Anthony Watson broke his jaw in the England training camp earlier this week. It’s too early for a full medical prognosis on how long he’ll be out for, but it’s likely he’ll miss the Autumn Internationals. He’s in great hands with our medical team, and we look forward to seeing him back on the pitch when he’s ready.”

Bath Rugby team to play Sale Sharks

15. Tom Homer
14. Semesa Rokoduguni
13. Jonathan Joseph
12. Matt Banahn
11. Aled Brew
10. George Ford (co-captain)
9. Kahn Fotuali’i
1. Nathan Catt
2. Tom Dunn
3. Henry Thomas
4. Elliott Stooke
5. Dave Attwood
6. Matt Garvey (co-captain)
7. Tom Ellis
8. Zach Mercer

Replacements

16. Ross Batty
17. Nick Auterac
18. Kane Palma-Newport
19. Charlie Ewels
20. Guy Mercer
21. Chris Cook
22. Adam Hastings
23. Jeff Williams

Not available for selection: Anthony Watson, Rhys Priestland, Dan Bowden, Luke Charteris, Max Clark, David Denton, Taulupe Faletau, Francois Louw, Niko Matawalu, David Sisi, Jack Walker.




Bathman_in_London

Posts : 2266
Join date : 2011-06-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by GeordieFalcon on Thu 06 Oct 2016, 12:52 pm

Bristol at Newcastle (3.00pm)
Newcastle must surely win this one as Bristol's defense hasn't looked even close to Premiership standard. Could be a good moral boosting victory for Newcastle but expect Bristol have been targeting this game since the fixtures were announced.

Ill back up what Sgt said above...our attack hasn't looked remotely like a premiership attack.
So this is the game of the blunt rapier v the defensive sieve!

Its gonna be a thriller! Rolling Eyes Wink

I will say....we genuinely need to put on a display on Saturday! Last weeks attacking and tactical display was simply abysmal!

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 16973
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by LondonTiger on Thu 06 Oct 2016, 1:49 pm

Thanks for doing this Bnumbers.

Sarries/Wasps will be interesting.

If Wasps can keep their heads and avoid being pressured into mistakes we may not see this - Saracens 24 - 64 Wasps - but Wasps could win well, especially with Sarries injury issues.

However money has to be on a match more like this - Saracens 24 - 17 Wasps

LondonTiger

Posts : 15467
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by formerly known as Sam on Thu 06 Oct 2016, 2:32 pm

If Sarries take a lead and force Wasps to throw the ball around looking for tries it could be a wonderful game. Sarries live to build a lead and force the opposition to attack then prey on mistakes and turn them into counter attack tries. Wasps however have the firepower to rip Sarries apart if they aren't on top of their game.

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 10697
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 30
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by yappysnap on Thu 06 Oct 2016, 3:03 pm

I disagree, if Sarries take the lead it'll be worse because they'll close the game out and wasps are more likely to make errors forcing the game. If wasps can get an early score then it'll be a better game

yappysnap

Posts : 10367
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 28
Location : Guildford, Surrey

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by formerly known as Sam on Thu 06 Oct 2016, 3:08 pm

Sarries play more when the onus is on the opposition to score. They are ruthless when pouncing on errors and attacking. If they are chasing the game they'll play it tight and kick every point on offer. Wasps will be ground into submission, well probably ground into submission.

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 10697
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 30
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by B91212 on Thu 06 Oct 2016, 3:47 pm

I'm not convinced that Lozowski is a good enough controlling 10 yet for Saracens to play their usual tight and kick everything game. I have a feeling they could really miss Farrell this weekend.

B91212

Posts : 1583
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by B91212 on Thu 06 Oct 2016, 4:03 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:
Bristol at Newcastle (3.00pm)
Newcastle must surely win this one as Bristol's defense hasn't looked even close to Premiership standard. Could be a good moral boosting victory for Newcastle but expect Bristol have been targeting this game since the fixtures were announced.

Ill back up what Sgt said above...our attack hasn't looked remotely like a premiership attack.
So this is the game of the blunt rapier v the defensive sieve!

Its gonna be a thriller! Rolling Eyes Wink  

I will say....we genuinely need to put on a display on Saturday! Last weeks attacking  and tactical display was simply abysmal!
I don't understand why the doom and gloom from you Newcastle fans. You have a more than decent stable of dangerous ball in hand wings to choose from who based on the 2 games I've seen this season have got through a ton of work. Only slight issue is that they were chasing over hit box kicks 99.9% of time Wink.

Personally I thought the main attacking issue last week was half backs and tactics. Think 11 - 15 look competitive enough. Any idea when Goneva is expected back? That might give the coaches and 9/10 axis more confidence to move wide with ball in hand.

B91212

Posts : 1583
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by B91212 on Thu 06 Oct 2016, 4:31 pm

yappysnap wrote:Oh my god the American way of writing the teams is confusing!!!!!
Tell me about it. By the time I had got to the third (Quins Saints) game I had reverted back to the correct way of doing it of home team first without realizing and ended up having to correct the majority of them before I hit post. It seemed like a good idea when I started.

B91212

Posts : 1583
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by yappysnap on Thu 06 Oct 2016, 5:25 pm

Those crazy Americans

yappysnap

Posts : 10367
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 28
Location : Guildford, Surrey

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by GeordieFalcon on Thu 06 Oct 2016, 7:44 pm

B91212 wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:
Bristol at Newcastle (3.00pm)
Newcastle must surely win this one as Bristol's defense hasn't looked even close to Premiership standard. Could be a good moral boosting victory for Newcastle but expect Bristol have been targeting this game since the fixtures were announced.

Ill back up what Sgt said above...our attack hasn't looked remotely like a premiership attack.
So this is the game of the blunt rapier v the defensive sieve!

Its gonna be a thriller! Rolling Eyes Wink  

I will say....we genuinely need to put on a display on Saturday! Last weeks attacking  and tactical display was simply abysmal!
I don't understand why the doom and gloom from you Newcastle fans. You have a more than decent stable of dangerous ball in hand wings to choose from who based on the 2 games I've seen this season have got through a ton of work. Only slight issue is that they were chasing over hit box kicks 99.9% of time Wink.

Personally I thought the main attacking issue last week was half backs and tactics..

You must have missed our game last weekend.
Its the tactics that's the problem.

Our tactics mean we could have lomu and habana on the wings and they wouldnt get the ball. Our tactics are appalling yet Dean has happily played them for the last two years with no sign of change. That's why many falcons fans are starting to get restless.

Especially so when we have amongst the best wings in the league. Watson, Kibirige,  Goneva and sinoti.

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 16973
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by HongKongCherry on Fri 07 Oct 2016, 7:50 am

We're doomed Shocked

Chiefs to win by 50...

HongKongCherry

Posts : 3084
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Glawster

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by yappysnap on Fri 07 Oct 2016, 8:27 am

Come on HKC, every so often Glos pull an amazing game out of the bag. This could be that time!

yappysnap

Posts : 10367
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 28
Location : Guildford, Surrey

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by yappysnap on Fri 07 Oct 2016, 8:30 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:
B91212 wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:
Bristol at Newcastle (3.00pm)
Newcastle must surely win this one as Bristol's defense hasn't looked even close to Premiership standard. Could be a good moral boosting victory for Newcastle but expect Bristol have been targeting this game since the fixtures were announced.

Ill back up what Sgt said above...our attack hasn't looked remotely like a premiership attack.
So this is the game of the blunt rapier v the defensive sieve!

Its gonna be a thriller! Rolling Eyes Wink  

I will say....we genuinely need to put on a display on Saturday! Last weeks attacking  and tactical display was simply abysmal!
I don't understand why the doom and gloom from you Newcastle fans. You have a more than decent stable of dangerous ball in hand wings to choose from who based on the 2 games I've seen this season have got through a ton of work. Only slight issue is that they were chasing over hit box kicks 99.9% of time Wink.

Personally I thought the main attacking issue last week was half backs and tactics..

You must have missed our game last weekend.  
Its the tactics that's the problem.

Our tactics mean we could have lomu and habana on the wings and they wouldnt get the ball. Our tactics are appalling yet Dean has happily played them for the last two years with no sign of change. That's why many falcons fans are starting to get restless.

Especially so when we have amongst the best wings in the league. Watson, Kibirige,  Goneva and sinoti.

To an extent Deans did the same with Quins when he first took over, it didn't last as long, but he focussed on setting up a hard edge to the team and working on a committed defence across all 15 players before he started adding to that with an attacking game that caused mayhem.

I think he's doing similar with you guys, but to be honest the quality of players isn't the same as it was with Quins, and the league's a lot tougher now. You guys really need a better 10.

yappysnap

Posts : 10367
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 28
Location : Guildford, Surrey

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by Gooseberry on Fri 07 Oct 2016, 9:22 am

I don't think Newcastle fans need be overly pessimistic about this season. yes they might be a bit rubbish but they are in the fortunate position that the Premiership is pretty weak all round this season, certainly in the bottom 5 anyway. Whilst I expect Harlequins will sort their lives out to some extent and you'd also assume Gloucester have a bit too much about them to be real relegation candidates that still leaves two other sub mediocre teams who currently have less points on the board.
Even staying out of the bottom two for the first time in years is a realistic prospect, you should be full of sunny optimism.

Gooseberry

Posts : 1749
Join date : 2015-02-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by HongKongCherry on Fri 07 Oct 2016, 11:50 am

yappysnap wrote:Come on HKC, every so often Glos pull an amazing game out of the bag. This could be that time!

With PDJ starting?! No chance.

HongKongCherry

Posts : 3084
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Glawster

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by yappysnap on Fri 07 Oct 2016, 12:08 pm

Didn't realise he was starting, yea if I was you I'd pray for a lbp

yappysnap

Posts : 10367
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 28
Location : Guildford, Surrey

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by Jimpy on Fri 07 Oct 2016, 12:11 pm

Gooseberry wrote:I don't think Newcastle fans need be overly pessimistic about this season. yes they might be a bit rubbish but they are in the fortunate position that the Premiership is pretty weak all round this season, certainly in the bottom 5 anyway. Whilst I expect Harlequins will sort their lives out to some extent and you'd also assume Gloucester have a bit too much about them to be real relegation candidates that still leaves two other sub mediocre teams who currently have less points on the board.
Even staying out of the bottom two for the first time in years is a realistic prospect, you should be full of sunny optimism.

PMSL

picard

Jimpy

Posts : 2823
Join date : 2012-08-02
Location : Not in a hot sandy place anymore

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by GeordieFalcon on Fri 07 Oct 2016, 12:12 pm

yappysnap wrote:

To an extent Deans did the same with Quins when he first took over, it didn't last as long, but he focussed on setting up a hard edge to the team and working on a committed defence across all 15 players before he started adding to that with an attacking game that caused mayhem.

I think he's doing similar with you guys, but to be honest the quality of players isn't the same as it was with Quins, and the league's a lot tougher now.  You guys really need a better 10.

I can accept that and applaud it Yappy....but you should still be able to do the basics. Ie When you have numerous chances you should be able to score a couple of tries. We couldn't score in a brothel...and then it was back to hoof the leather off the thing!

Delayney is woeful. And its annoying when we have Willis, Catterick, Connon and Hodgson who all are young (Catterick excepted) and look much better skilled.

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 16973
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by GeordieFalcon on Fri 07 Oct 2016, 12:17 pm

Falcons v Bristol

15 Simon Hammersley
14 Alex Tait
13 Dominic Waldouck
12 Juan Pablo Socino
11 Sinoti Sinoti
10 Mike Delany
9 Michael Young

1 Rob Vickers
2 Scott Lawson
3 David Wilson
4 Calum Green
5 Evan Olmstead
6 Mark Wilson
7 Will Welch (captain)
8 Ally Hogg

Replacements

16 Ben Sowrey
17 Alex Rogers
18 Jon Welsh
19 Will Witty
20 Daniel Temm
21 Sonatane Takulua
22 Joel Hodgson
23 Belisario Agulla

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 16973
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by LondonTiger on Fri 07 Oct 2016, 12:18 pm

Leicester Tigers (v Worcester Warriors, Welford Road, Saturday 3pm)
15 Telusa Veainu
14 Adam Thompstone
13 Peter Betham
12 Mathew Tait
11 Tom Brady
10 Owen Williams
9 Jono Kitto
1 Ellis Genge
2 Tom Youngs (c)
3 Greg Bateman
4 Dom Barrow
5 Graham Kitchener
6 Mike Williams
7 Brendon O'Connor
8 Lachlan McCaffrey

Replacements
16 Harry Thacker
17 Marcos Ayerza
18 Logovi'i Mulipola
19 Mike Fitzgerald
20 Will Evans
21 Sam Harrison
22 Jack Roberts
23 Matt Smith

Worcester Warriors
15 Jamie Shillcock
14 Perry Humphreys
13 Wynand Olivier
12 Jackson Willison
11 Dean Hammond
10 Ryan Lamb
9 Jonny Arr
1 Val Rapava Ruskin
2 Jaba Bregvadze
3 Nick Schonert
4 Donncha O'Callaghan
5 Darren Barry
6 Alafoti Faosiliva
7 Carl Kirwan
8 Phil Dowson (C)

Replacements
16 Matti Williams
17 Na'ama Leleimalefaga
18 James Johnston
19 Christian Scotland-Williamson
20 Matt Cox
21 Luke Baldwin
22 Tom Heathcote
23 Ben Te'o

Lenny and Cole completely rested after exertions on England ttraining camp. Te'o on bench, Mike Williams starts.

LondonTiger

Posts : 15467
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by LondonTiger on Fri 07 Oct 2016, 12:20 pm

Wasps team to face Saracens at Allianz Park, kick off 3pm

15. Rob Miller
14. Christian Wade
13. Elliot Daly
12. Jimmy Gopperth ©
11. Josh Bassett
10. Danny Cipriani
9. Dan Robson
1. Simon McIntyre
2. Tommy Taylor
3. Marty Moore
4. Matt Symons
5. Kearnan Myall
6. Ashley Johnson
7. Thomas Young
8. Nathan Hughes

16. Tom Cruse
17. Matt Mullan
18. Jake Cooper-Woolley
19. Joe Launchbury
20. Alex Rieder
21. Joe Simpson
22. Kyle Eastmond
23. Frank Halai

Unavailable for selection through injury:
Forwards: James Haskell, Sam Jones, Guy Thompson
Backs: Kurtley Beale

LondonTiger

Posts : 15467
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by HongKongCherry on Fri 07 Oct 2016, 12:21 pm

Glaws

15. James Hook; 14. Charlie Sharples, 13. Matt Scott, 12. Billy Twelvetrees, 11. David Halaifonua; 10. Billy Burns, 9. Greig Laidlaw (capt); 1. Paddy McAllister, 2. Richard Hibbard, 3. Paul Doran-Jones Shocked mad censored Sad ; 4. Tom Savage, 5. Mariano Galarza; 6. Ross Moriarty, 7. Jacob Rowan, 8. Gareth Evans

Replacements:

16. Motu Matu'u, 17. Yann Thomas, 18. Nicky Thomas, 19. Joe Latta, 20. Matt Kvesic, 21. Willi Heinz, 22. Mark Atkinson, 23. Lewis Ludlow

The one and only positive is that Matu'u is finally fit, other than that it'll be a long afternoon

HongKongCherry

Posts : 3084
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Glawster

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by LondonTiger on Fri 07 Oct 2016, 12:23 pm

Alistair Hargreaves has invited Saracens fans for a free-pint of Wolfpack lager on Sunday afternoon as thanks for the ‘incredible support’ he has received from the Sarries faithful during his time at the club.
The 30-year old, who has had to hang up his boots on medical grounds due to a concussion injury, says he has been overwhelmed by the volume of well-wishers after the news of his retirement was announced earlier today (Wednesday 5th Sept).

“I’d like to say a huge thanks for everyone’s messages of support and I’d like to thank them by inviting them to the Wolfpack Bus at Allianz Park on Sunday to share a pint,” said the former Saracens skipper. “The Sarries fans have welcomed me with open arms since I arrived in 2012 and I’d like to extend my gratitude to them by buying them all a beer on Sunday afternoon.

“I’ll be at the Wolfpack bus, situated in the North-West corner of the ground, from 13h00-14h00. It would great to share a cold one with Sarries fans before a massive game against Wasps to say thanks.”

- See more at: http://www.saracens.com/news-article/alistair-hargreaves-to-foot-the-tab-to-thank-fans#sthash.SK0Qt3KW.dpuf

LondonTiger

Posts : 15467
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by WELL-PAST-IT on Fri 07 Oct 2016, 12:32 pm

Saints team for the trip to the Stoop:

15 Ahsee Tuala
14 Ken Pisi
13 George Pisi
12 Luther Burrell
11 George North
10 Stephen Myler
9 Nic Groom
1 Alex Waller
2 Mikey Haywood
3 Kieran Brookes
4 Courtney Lawes
5 Michael Paterson
6 Tom Wood (capt)
7 Calum Clark
8 Teimana Harrison

16 Charlie Clare
17 Ethan Waller
18 Paul Hill
19 Sam Dickinson
20 Louis Picamoles
21 Lee Dickson
22 Harry Mallinder
23 Ben Foden

Interesting backrow, Wood, Clark, Harrison. Picamoles being given a rest on the bench.

Still persisting with the stodgy, slow and so so predictable midfield. It is beyond doubt that Burrell is a better 13 than 12, just look at the better games he has played in recent years, nearly all in the 13 shirt. He takes too long to accellerate to a decent velocity to play 12 with any real effect. Mallinder offers a second kicker option, both ball in hand and from the tee, his size and surprising pace keeps defenders honest and he is the best distributor we have outside of Myler.

Glad to see Groom starting, he is a step upi from Dickson these days.

Has Foden still got a knock, Tuala hasn't got the allround game of Foden.

Starting to worry already.

WELL-PAST-IT

Posts : 1509
Join date : 2011-06-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by GeordieFalcon on Fri 07 Oct 2016, 12:36 pm

Worcester Warriors
15 Jamie Shillcock
14 Perry Humphreys

Ill be interested to see how those two lads go this weekend. Young kids but they looked seriously good....

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 16973
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by Welly on Fri 07 Oct 2016, 1:05 pm

Humphreys up against his old team aswell.

Welly

Posts : 3115
Join date : 2013-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by formerly known as Sam on Fri 07 Oct 2016, 1:57 pm

Big test for Bateman in the front row against Rapava-Ruskin. I have a feeling that might not go too well. Delighted to see wee Harry on the bench. By all accounts he's been excellent in the A league and he deserves a shot.

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 10697
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 30
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by propdavid_london on Fri 07 Oct 2016, 2:38 pm

Good to see Haley playing again for Sale.
Hoping that the Quins lads front up to Saints at home.

propdavid_london

Posts : 2286
Join date : 2011-06-01
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by ChequeredJersey on Fri 07 Oct 2016, 3:18 pm

There are four changes to the starting team that played Wasps last week. In a changed front row Joe Marler, Rob Buchanan and Kyle Sinckler, who this week re-signed for the Club, start.

Nick Evans is back from injury to start at fly-half.

Among the replacements, Mat Luamanu and Joe Marchant both return.

Tickets for the match are limited, but still available, and can be purchased by clicking here or by calling the Ticket Office on 020 8410 6010.

Click here for a full injury update from Director of Rugby John Kingston.

Harlequins team
15. Mike Brown
14. Marland Yarde
13. Alofa Alofa
12. Jamie Roberts
11. Tim Visser
10. Nick Evans
9. Karl Dickson

1. Joe Marler
2. Rob Buchanan
3. Kyle Sinckler
4. George Merrick
5. James Horwill ©
6. Chris Robshaw
7. Luke Wallace
8. James Chisholm

16. Joe Gray
17. Mark Lambert
18. Will Collier
19. Sam Twomey
20. Mat Luamanu
21. Charlie Mulchrone
22. Tim Swiel
23. Joe Marchant

Much better team. Harsh on Walker not to make the 23 though, think he's currently our best winger tbh!

ChequeredJersey

Posts : 18006
Join date : 2011-12-23
Age : 27
Location : London, UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by propdavid_london on Fri 07 Oct 2016, 3:22 pm

6-2 bench split for Quins - Obviously expecting that physical battle from Saints then.

propdavid_london

Posts : 2286
Join date : 2011-06-01
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by B91212 on Fri 07 Oct 2016, 3:46 pm

WELL-PAST-IT wrote: Still persisting with the stodgy, slow and so so predictable midfield .
It's frustrating. Safety first defensive midfield selection in my opinion as HM is still learning in regards to positioning and decision making in defense at center but he offers much more in attack, especially seeing as Saints' biggest issue is scoring. Shame as it's been good to see North actually touch the ball.

Quins teams looks pretty decent. Not as confident as I was earlier in the week.

B91212

Posts : 1583
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by B91212 on Fri 07 Oct 2016, 3:47 pm

propdavid_london wrote:6-2 bench split for Quins - Obviously expecting that physical battle from Saints then.
Who is the reserve 9? We sharing Lee Dickson?

B91212

Posts : 1583
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by ChequeredJersey on Fri 07 Oct 2016, 4:00 pm

Mulchrone is a scrum half

ChequeredJersey

Posts : 18006
Join date : 2011-12-23
Age : 27
Location : London, UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by ChequeredJersey on Fri 07 Oct 2016, 4:05 pm

Let's see if Luamanu can NOT get carded

ChequeredJersey

Posts : 18006
Join date : 2011-12-23
Age : 27
Location : London, UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by B91212 on Fri 07 Oct 2016, 4:08 pm

HongKongCherry wrote: 3. Paul Doran-Jones  Shocked  mad  censored  Sad ;
Erm Whistle laughing

B91212

Posts : 1583
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by B91212 on Fri 07 Oct 2016, 4:53 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:Mulchrone is a scrum half
Okay, thanks. For some reason I thought he was a 10/center (but I see you already have Swiel covering that).

B91212

Posts : 1583
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by No 7&1/2 on Fri 07 Oct 2016, 5:55 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
Alistair Hargreaves has invited Saracens fans for a free-pint of Wolfpack lager on Sunday afternoon as thanks for the ‘incredible support’ he has received from the Sarries faithful during his time at the club.  
The 30-year old, who has had to hang up his boots on medical grounds due to a concussion injury, says he has been overwhelmed by the volume of well-wishers after the news of his retirement was announced earlier today (Wednesday 5th Sept).  

“I’d like to say a huge thanks for everyone’s messages of support and I’d like to thank them by inviting them to the Wolfpack Bus at Allianz Park on Sunday to share a pint,” said the former Saracens skipper.  “The Sarries fans have welcomed me with open arms since I arrived in 2012 and I’d like to extend my gratitude to them by buying them all a beer on Sunday afternoon.

“I’ll be at the Wolfpack bus, situated in the North-West corner of the ground, from 13h00-14h00. It would great to share a cold one with Sarries fans before a massive game against Wasps to say thanks.”

- See more at: http://www.saracens.com/news-article/alistair-hargreaves-to-foot-the-tab-to-thank-fans#sthash.SK0Qt3KW.dpuf

For all the darker parts of Saracens they do have their great bits.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 10495
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by yappysnap on Fri 07 Oct 2016, 7:18 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:
Alistair Hargreaves has invited Saracens fans for a free-pint of Wolfpack lager on Sunday afternoon as thanks for the ‘incredible support’ he has received from the Sarries faithful during his time at the club.  
The 30-year old, who has had to hang up his boots on medical grounds due to a concussion injury, says he has been overwhelmed by the volume of well-wishers after the news of his retirement was announced earlier today (Wednesday 5th Sept).  

“I’d like to say a huge thanks for everyone’s messages of support and I’d like to thank them by inviting them to the Wolfpack Bus at Allianz Park on Sunday to share a pint,” said the former Saracens skipper.  “The Sarries fans have welcomed me with open arms since I arrived in 2012 and I’d like to extend my gratitude to them by buying them all a beer on Sunday afternoon.

“I’ll be at the Wolfpack bus, situated in the North-West corner of the ground, from 13h00-14h00. It would great to share a cold one with Sarries fans before a massive game against Wasps to say thanks.”

- See more at: http://www.saracens.com/news-article/alistair-hargreaves-to-foot-the-tab-to-thank-fans#sthash.SK0Qt3KW.dpuf

For all the darker parts of Saracens they do have their great bits.

Shady back office staff but you have to admit some brilliant players and ethos.

yappysnap

Posts : 10367
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 28
Location : Guildford, Surrey

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by yappysnap on Fri 07 Oct 2016, 7:19 pm

B91212 wrote:
HongKongCherry wrote: 3. Paul Doran-Jones  Shocked  mad  censored  Sad ;
Erm Whistle laughing

+1

yappysnap

Posts : 10367
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 28
Location : Guildford, Surrey

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by yappysnap on Fri 07 Oct 2016, 7:20 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:There are four changes to the starting team that played Wasps last week. In a changed front row Joe Marler, Rob Buchanan and Kyle Sinckler, who this week re-signed for the Club, start.

Nick Evans is back from injury to start at fly-half.

Among the replacements, Mat Luamanu and Joe Marchant both return.

Tickets for the match are limited, but still available, and can be purchased by clicking here or by calling the Ticket Office on 020 8410 6010.

Click here for a full injury update from Director of Rugby John Kingston.

Harlequins team
15. Mike Brown
14. Marland Yarde
13. Alofa Alofa
12. Jamie Roberts
11. Tim Visser
10. Nick Evans
9. Karl Dickson

1. Joe Marler
2. Rob Buchanan
3. Kyle Sinckler
4. George Merrick
5. James Horwill ©
6. Chris Robshaw
7. Luke Wallace
8. James Chisholm

16. Joe Gray
17. Mark Lambert
18. Will Collier
19. Sam Twomey
20. Mat Luamanu
21. Charlie Mulchrone
22. Tim Swiel
23. Joe Marchant

Much better team. Harsh on Walker not to make the 23 though, think he's currently our best winger tbh!

Marler and Sinks starting, what's the betting on at least one yellow tomorrow?!! Especially with Luamanu coming off the bench...

yappysnap

Posts : 10367
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 28
Location : Guildford, Surrey

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by doctor_grey on Fri 07 Oct 2016, 9:16 pm

yappysnap wrote:
ChequeredJersey wrote:There are four changes to the starting team that played Wasps last week. In a changed front row Joe Marler, Rob Buchanan and Kyle Sinckler, who this week re-signed for the Club, start.

Nick Evans is back from injury to start at fly-half.

Among the replacements, Mat Luamanu and Joe Marchant both return.

Tickets for the match are limited, but still available, and can be purchased by clicking here or by calling the Ticket Office on 020 8410 6010.

Click here for a full injury update from Director of Rugby John Kingston.

Harlequins team
15. Mike Brown
14. Marland Yarde
13. Alofa Alofa
12. Jamie Roberts
11. Tim Visser
10. Nick Evans
9. Karl Dickson

1. Joe Marler
2. Rob Buchanan
3. Kyle Sinckler
4. George Merrick
5. James Horwill ©
6. Chris Robshaw
7. Luke Wallace
8. James Chisholm

16. Joe Gray
17. Mark Lambert
18. Will Collier
19. Sam Twomey
20. Mat Luamanu
21. Charlie Mulchrone
22. Tim Swiel
23. Joe Marchant

Much better team. Harsh on Walker not to make the 23 though, think he's currently our best winger tbh!

Marler and Sinks starting, what's the betting on at least one yellow tomorrow?!! Especially with Luamanu coming off the bench...
To me, the line-ups look strangely close.  At first glance, I would guess the Saints midfield seems to be selected to physically match up with Quins midfield, not that I like the idea.  This match could turn on the key decision making of Joe Marler......  

If Saints pack get going - and maintain the pressure throughout - Saints will be fine.  If Saints are relying on the creativity of their midfield to steer them to victory, Saints are doomed.  Maybe Saints strategy is to hold Quins to a 0-0 scoreline at the 60 minute mark, then bring on Prince Harry, Ben Foden, Picamoles, Hill?

doctor_grey

Posts : 7675
Join date : 2011-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by Bathite on Fri 07 Oct 2016, 9:52 pm

Was secretly worried about sale being a slip up. They are a great side and thought we'd be killed at the breakdown. Kahn really is the signing of the season for us and maybe the Prem if you consider the impact he's made to a team. Joseph back makes such a big difference to our backline too.

Bathite

Posts : 8314
Join date : 2011-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by Bathite on Fri 07 Oct 2016, 9:55 pm

What's most encouraging is how much game time and impact our academy boys are making. Ewels is a rock star, Ellis, Palma-Newport and Dunn making contributions along with Mercer at 8. Clark and Guy mercer to add to the list, with Hastings coming off the bench today and finally, bath has something to be proud of in their own academy. Still a long way to go to match other sides, but getting there

Bathite

Posts : 8314
Join date : 2011-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by yappysnap on Fri 07 Oct 2016, 10:27 pm

Tbf I'd say Blackadder is the signing of the season so far, he seems to have completely turned you guys around.

I too thought Sale may make you slip up but a comfy win in the end.

yappysnap

Posts : 10367
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 28
Location : Guildford, Surrey

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 6

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:36 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum