The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by mikey_dragon on Thu 27 Oct 2016, 3:09 pm

This is the watchlist; for what you are watching, what you will watch, and what you have already watched. I'll get the ball rolling:

Watching:
The Walking Dead
Peaky Blinders

TWD needs no intro but I started it last year around May I think, got hooked and binge watched; by the time I caught up season 6 was about to start so I was quite impressed with myself. I only started Peaky Blinders last night after hearing a few good reviews. I didn't get far as it was late but I'm hoping it's as good as made out. I think it appeals to British audiences because we can relate to that sort of setting where Trade Unionism was very prominent and people were vulnerable, etc.

To watch (or continue watching):
Vikings
Black Sails
Game of Thrones

I started both of these this year when I subscribed to Amazon Prime. Vikings is a remarkable show, it's loosely based on history with basically a hundred years squeezed into thirty. I find it amazing that a few people in little boats travelled so far and caused so much mayhem - this starts back up in November and if you want to get an idea on the Norse way of life then this show will not disappoint. Black Sails has a thread of its own Smile, see; http://www.606v2.com/t64346-black-sails
Game of Thrones is something I got into late on during my uni days (Like SOA below). I feel it's one I don't really have to describe, and whilst some seasons have been slow in part I still find myself addicted to it.

Have watched:
Sons of Anarchy

You don't really have to be into motorcycles to enjoy this. I got into it late on as it had been getting big reviews in USA for a while, and thoroughly enjoyed it. It focuses on Jax Teller (Charlie Hunnam), the club's VP who leads a complicated life and is guided by his deceased fathers journals' - which is where the mysteries start to come to the fore.


I've tried watching Breaking Bad and Prison Break but found them uninteresting and couldn't get into them, so feel free to also share your experiences with these shows, and whatever else is on your Watchlist.


Last edited by mikey_dragon on Fri 10 Jan 2020, 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

mikey_dragon

Posts : 9852
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty Re: The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by GeordieFalcon on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 3:39 pm

Unfortunately im actually very busy so don't get much time to watch tv...however im making a point of having a bit of chill out time so hear goes.

Watched:
Animal Kingdom - Actually really enjoyed that. (Only 1 series...worth a watch)
Based on the Australian movie of the same name. It focuses on a criminal family (not mafia type) , that do bank jobs, drug dealing etc...

Watching:
Sons of anarchy: Watched first series, have all the rest and will watch over the next month.

Want to watch:
Dexter
Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
Oz (The Prison series)
The Flash

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 21629
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty Re: The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by lfc91 on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 3:41 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Unfortunately im actually very busy so don't get much time to watch tv...however im making a point of having a bit of chill out time so hear goes.

Watched:
Animal Kingdom - Actually really enjoyed that. (Only 1 series...worth a watch)

Watching:
Sons of anarchy: Watched first series, have all the rest and will watch over the next month.

Want to watch:
Dexter
Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
Oz (The Prison series)
The Flash

Enjoyed Sons of Anarchy for about 5 seasons then just went off it. Don't know why just lost its appeal to me.
Game of Thrones is fantastic!
The Flash is good. Season 1 very good but after that it gets a tad repetitive (Still watching it though).

lfc91

Posts : 1472
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty Re: The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by GeordieFalcon on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 3:46 pm

Im very new to ALL these series so ill just see how I go with them. If I cant get into them, ill leave them and move on.

I guess with Sons, 5 series of the same kind of thing could be a bit much. Ill let you know once I get through them.

Im quite curious on looking at some older not as big named series...sometimes you get some little gems.

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 21629
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty Re: The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by westisbest on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 4:47 pm

Watching

The Walking Dead
Designated survivor
Arrow

Watched

SOA
Dexter
Strange Things
The Five
Prison Break
24
Lost

If we're going back a few years

To watch

Colony looks good with Josh Holloway(sawyer from lost)
Sarah Wayne Callies, Ricks wife in TWD.
Don't think that's out here for a while though.

Never used to watch tv shows, always films.
Now im more into tv shows than films.

westisbest

Posts : 7228
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty Re: The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by lfc91 on Wed 23 Nov 2016, 8:44 am

westisbest wrote:Watching

The Walking Dead
Designated survivor
Arrow

Watched

SOA
Dexter
Strange Things
The Five
Prison Break
24
Lost

If we're going back a few years

To watch

Colony looks good with Josh Holloway(sawyer from lost)
Sarah Wayne Callies, Ricks wife in TWD.
Don't think that's out here for a while though.

Never used to watch tv shows, always films.
Now im more into tv shows than films.

Colony was on TV a while back West (Assuming you are currently in the UK). Watched series 1 and thought it was quite good. I'm a big sci-fi fan though so generally enjoy most sci-fi shows.

lfc91

Posts : 1472
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty Re: The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by westisbest on Wed 23 Nov 2016, 12:06 pm

Cheers lcfc.

Missed it then.
What channel was it on.

Will have to see if I can find it.
Think I read season 1 will be available on Netflix some time next year.

westisbest

Posts : 7228
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty Re: The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by lfc91 on Wed 23 Nov 2016, 1:31 pm

Was on Sky 1 if i remember correctly. Definitely worth a watch.

And it's lfc, lcfc would imply i'm a Leicester City fan!(Although in that case at least I would know how it feels to win a league title.....)

lfc91

Posts : 1472
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty Re: The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by westisbest on Wed 23 Nov 2016, 2:39 pm

Cheers.
Sorry about the typo.
Dont go there re Leicester.
Never heard the end of it from my brother in law.

Especially him slagging me off being a villa fan.

Will look out for Colony.
Looked good from what I saw in trailer.

westisbest

Posts : 7228
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty Re: The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by GeordieFalcon on Wed 23 Nov 2016, 2:49 pm

Has anyone seen Oz - the prison series from the early 00's

I have been recommended to give that a shot aswell.

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 21629
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty Re: The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by westisbest on Wed 23 Nov 2016, 3:41 pm

Not seen Oz.

I would recommend The Five.
Very good.
Just the one series.

westisbest

Posts : 7228
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty Re: The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by westisbest on Wed 23 Nov 2016, 4:38 pm

Shooter looks good, with Ryan Philippe.

There is a fair few shows I would like to see.


westisbest

Posts : 7228
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty Re: The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by westisbest on Thu 24 Nov 2016, 4:39 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Im very new to ALL these series so ill just see how I go with them. If I cant get into them, ill leave them and move on.

I guess with Sons, 5 series of the same kind of thing could be a bit much. Ill let you know once I get through them.

Im quite curious on looking at some older not as big named series...sometimes you get some little gems.

Another show which I thought was great if you haven't seen it, is The Following.

westisbest

Posts : 7228
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty Re: The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by nadeem2099 on Fri 25 Nov 2016, 10:26 am

I'm currently on episode 7 of American Horror Story of the current season. I'm enjoying it so far, even if it is a trainwreck.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Posts : 6735
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Equilibrium

Back to top Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty Re: The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by GeordieFalcon on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 1:00 pm

westisbest wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:Im very new to ALL these series so ill just see how I go with them. If I cant get into them, ill leave them and move on.

I guess with Sons, 5 series of the same kind of thing could be a bit much. Ill let you know once I get through them.

Im quite curious on looking at some older not as big named series...sometimes you get some little gems.

Another show which I thought was great if you haven't seen it, is The Following.

Ill check it out mate.

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 21629
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty Re: The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by GeordieFalcon on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 1:01 pm

Has anyone watched all the Ripper Street series?

Ive seen them all. Thought the 1st series was top class, but after that fell right away....

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 21629
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty Re: The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by guildfordbat on Tue 29 Nov 2016, 1:44 pm

Rillington Place tonight on BBC.

A drama based on horrific real live events. Sort of thing the Beeb can do well and could be compulsive viewing.

guildfordbat

Posts : 13314
Join date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty Re: The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by Galted on Tue 29 Nov 2016, 9:26 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Rillington Place tonight on BBC.

A drama based on horrific real live events. Sort of thing the Beeb can do well and could be compulsive viewing.

Early days but finding it pretty dull. They seem to be taking an Amityville Horror in slow-motion approach to it. Hope it improves but so far it's not a patch on 10 Rillington Place.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 11695
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : In bed with Ada

Back to top Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty Re: The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by westisbest on Wed 30 Nov 2016, 10:11 am

I see Prison Break is coming back next year.

Looks decent from what I have seen.

Found myself watching Lost again.
Thought it was a good show.
Although thought the ending was disappointing.

westisbest

Posts : 7228
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty Re: The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by guildfordbat on Wed 30 Nov 2016, 7:17 pm

Galted wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:Rillington Place tonight on BBC.

A drama based on horrific real live events. Sort of thing the Beeb can do well and could be compulsive viewing.

Early days but finding it pretty dull.  They seem to be taking an Amityville Horror in slow-motion approach to it.  Hope it improves but so far it's not a patch on 10 Rillington Place.

Hi Galted - yeah, tend to agree. Bit disappointed at this stage. I'll stay with it but could understand people not bothering to do so over the remaining two weeks. Feel it might have been better to show it over 3 consecutive nights, perhaps better maintaining and building up impact.

As you suggest, the film 10 Rillington Place was highly effective.

guildfordbat

Posts : 13314
Join date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty Re: The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by Galted on Wed 30 Nov 2016, 10:12 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
Galted wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:Rillington Place tonight on BBC.

A drama based on horrific real live events. Sort of thing the Beeb can do well and could be compulsive viewing.

Early days but finding it pretty dull.  They seem to be taking an Amityville Horror in slow-motion approach to it.  Hope it improves but so far it's not a patch on 10 Rillington Place.

Hi Galted - yeah, tend to agree. Bit disappointed at this stage. I'll stay with it but could understand people not bothering to do so over the remaining two weeks. Feel it might have been better to show it over 3 consecutive nights, perhaps better maintaining and building up impact.

As you suggest, the film 10 Rillington Place was highly effective.

Hello Guildford. Didn't quite make it to the end but might give it another go next week for Tim Roth if nothing else.  Thought he showed potential even if he had Attenborough to live up to and have enjoyed most of his roles.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 11695
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : In bed with Ada

Back to top Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty Re: The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by guildfordbat on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 2:52 pm

Hi Galted - yeah again, Roth showed a lot of promise. He's certainly good in the lead role although Attenborough set an incredibly high benchmark.

I enjoyed Attenborough's performances a lot in some of his earlier acting parts. Too much of a luvvie for my liking as ''Sir Dickie' took over in his later acting and directing roles. 10 Rillington Place is probably where he was at his best for me although highly respectful nods as well to Brighton Rock and Seance on a Wet Afternoon (a black and white gem with him as the henpecked husband). Also in a couple of my favourite Boys Own adventures, The Great Escape and Flight of the Phoenix.

guildfordbat

Posts : 13314
Join date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty Re: The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by guildfordbat on Sun 08 Jan 2017, 2:38 pm

Something I saw a couple of days ago and would recommend is The Devil of Christmas. A 30 minute seasonal offering from the Inside No. 9 series, still available on BBC i-player. Appears corny and old fashioned at the start but stick with it as a treat of several surprises unwraps.

guildfordbat

Posts : 13314
Join date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty Re: The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by compelling and rich on Mon 20 Feb 2017, 7:18 pm

currently watching-

dexter- near the end of season 6
westworld- struggling with this one, about 5 episodes in and finding it very slow with not much happening
billions- finished season 1 just waiting on season 2 to start. really enjoyed first season

to watch-

new season of got
iron fist- enjoyed most of the marvel netflix shows so far, apart from luke cage. so will give this a go

just finished vikings, and seen most of the other recent big hits

compelling and rich

Posts : 5877
Join date : 2011-02-28
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty Re: The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by lfc91 on Tue 21 Feb 2017, 2:58 pm

compelling and rich wrote:currently watching-

dexter- near the end of season 6
westworld- struggling with this one, about 5 episodes in and finding it very slow with not much happening
billions- finished season 1 just waiting on season 2 to start. really enjoyed first season

to watch-

new season of got
iron fist- enjoyed most of the marvel netflix shows so far, apart from luke cage. so will give this a go

just finished vikings, and seen most of the other recent big hits

Loved Westworld. Although admittedly slow the last couple of episodes of Westworld make the entire series well worth watching! Great show.

lfc91

Posts : 1472
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty Re: The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by mikey_dragon on Mon 27 Feb 2017, 1:42 pm

I've watched Stranger Things, that was good. Westworld was okay I guess. I've watched a bit of Taboo but am yet to watch episode 4 - it's ranked low down my list. I've been watching Hell on Wheels via Amazon, it's great.

TWD and Black Sails have recently restarted and I'm enjoying them both. It's been a while since I looked forward to Monday's. I've watched 3 seasons of Peaky Blinders - it's been very interesting. Can't wait to dress up like that at the racecourse!

How far are some of you going back? I've only got back into TV in recent years. When I was young I watched a lot of Friends and Buffy the Vampire Slayer...

mikey_dragon

Posts : 9852
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty Re: The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by Scottrf on Mon 27 Feb 2017, 1:44 pm

OJ: Made in America deservedly got the best documentary Oscar, fantastic.

Scottrf

Posts : 14184
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty Re: The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by mikey_dragon on Mon 27 Feb 2017, 1:48 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Has anyone seen Oz - the prison series from the early 00's

I have been recommended to give that a shot aswell.

I'm going way back but I remember it being on either Sky One or Channel 5 back in the day. I watched a few episodes though never enough to fill a series. It's a good show, and pretty graphic. Another good show which I part-time viewed back then was The Shield (definitely on channel 5).

mikey_dragon

Posts : 9852
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty Re: The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by mikey_dragon on Mon 27 Feb 2017, 1:49 pm

Scottrf wrote:OJ: Made in America deservedly got the best documentary Oscar, fantastic.

Have you watched Making a Murderer?

mikey_dragon

Posts : 9852
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty Re: The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by Scottrf on Mon 27 Feb 2017, 1:50 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
Scottrf wrote:OJ: Made in America deservedly got the best documentary Oscar, fantastic.

Have you watched Making a Murderer?
Yeah. I think this is better.

On a similar note, if you like MAM, try The Jinx and The Staircase.

Scottrf

Posts : 14184
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty Re: The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by mikey_dragon on Fri 10 Jan 2020, 11:04 pm

Well, well... Looks like I forgot about this thread and just found it Smile. I am up to date on all the shows I've alluded to in the OP including the ones that have ended (GoT, what a load bollix those final few episodes were); Vikings I've stopped watching as I didn't like Ragnar's 3 youngest sons, and the plot has become very convoluted and farfetched. The Walking Dead had a bad period too, but I stuck with it; the final-ish season where Rick disappeared was back to basics, back to it's best. I'm yet to watch the latest season and didn't watch any episodes with Rick's daughter.


Last edited by mikey_dragon on Fri 10 Jan 2020, 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

mikey_dragon

Posts : 9852
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty Re: The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by mikey_dragon on Fri 10 Jan 2020, 11:05 pm

I have recently watched;

The Witcher - it was decent, quite clever. It wasn't anywhere near as good as everyone said plus it was confusing at times. It reminded me of Xena and Hercules for sure, except it isn't suitable for daytime TV.

Messiah - quite interesting. The characters and their backgrounds are quite interesting too. It's highly rated so Netflix will probably cancel it.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 9852
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty Re: The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by mikey_dragon on Fri 10 Jan 2020, 11:09 pm

I have already watched;

Prison Break - well I said I couldn't get into it. I came back to the UK and for a few weeks had plenty of time on my hands, I got into it. It was very good. Linc, T-bag and Brad Bellick were my favourite characters. I watched a few episodes of the 'new' season, it wasn't that great but I'll finish it.

Bodyguard - you must have all seen it by now. Very clever series and well executed. I hope there's another but also don't believe it will be as good as this first season.

DareDevil; The Punisher - both of these were good. The action scenes were clever and must have been hard to film, but it was pulled off. Netflix cancelled both. I do wonder if the shows creators knew about this before hand, because the tail-end seasons of both shows seemed quite rushed.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 9852
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty Re: The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by Galted on Sat 11 Jan 2020, 10:11 am

mikey_dragon wrote:I have recently watched;

The Witcher - it was decent, quite clever. It wasn't anywhere near as good as everyone said plus it was confusing at times. It reminded me of Xena and Hercules for sure, except it isn't suitable for daytime TV.


Have you played any of the Witcher games? The show seems to have received favourable reviews from fans which surprised me a bit, often people tend to be a bit scathing when their favourite book/game/song is delivered to the masses.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 11695
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : In bed with Ada

Back to top Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty Re: The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by lfc91 on Sat 11 Jan 2020, 10:34 am

I did enjoy the Witcher series (having played the latest game - Wild Hunt). Just wanted more from it. Not even quite sure what I mean by more, was just left with the feeling it had the potential to be even better than it was.

Unsurprisingly (seeing as he is an A-lister) Henry Caville was great as Geralt. Which considering the amount of dialogue he had to work with was impressive.

Started Season 2 of Lost in Space yesterday. Very good opener. Imagine any sci-fi fan would enjoy Lost in Space if they haven't already started watching it.

lfc91

Posts : 1472
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty Re: The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by Galted on Sat 11 Jan 2020, 10:54 am

Was wondering how the characters held up as there was a great depth to them in the game. Have only seen the trailer for the show so my opinion is next to worthless but Ciri looked quite poorly cast.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 11695
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : In bed with Ada

Back to top Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty Re: The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by lfc91 on Sat 11 Jan 2020, 10:58 am

Galted wrote:Was wondering how the characters held up as there was a great depth to them in the game.  Have only seen the trailer for the show so my opinion is next to worthless but Ciri looked quite poorly cast.

Ciri was Nothing like what I wanted/expected tbf. Too young. Yennefer was quite good though (disclaimer: my opinion may be skewed by how attractive I find her...). Also the Bard was well cast.

Think if you enjoyed the games the series is definitely worth watching. If nothing else for some good old fashioned monster killing.

lfc91

Posts : 1472
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty Re: The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by Galted on Sat 11 Jan 2020, 11:28 am

That's true, they had no shortage of material to choose from.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 11695
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : In bed with Ada

Back to top Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty Re: The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by mikey_dragon on Sun 12 Jan 2020, 6:37 pm

Galted wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:I have recently watched;

The Witcher - it was decent, quite clever. It wasn't anywhere near as good as everyone said plus it was confusing at times. It reminded me of Xena and Hercules for sure, except it isn't suitable for daytime TV.


Have you played any of the Witcher games?    The show seems to have received favourable reviews from fans which surprised me a bit, often people tend to be a bit scathing when their favourite book/game/song is delivered to the masses.

No, but the gaming community are very pleased with the show as far as I know. I was unimpressed with the 'bad guys', all of them played by weak actors. Someone needs to come in and do a Ramsay Bolton.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 9852
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty Re: The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by lostinwales on Thu 16 Jan 2020, 4:52 pm

Do try Dark, the German low tech scifi series. It's really clever although can be hard to keep up with the different characters at different ages. The work they did in finding young and old actors who look like each other is astonishing.

lostinwales

Posts : 8884
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty Re: The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by mikey_dragon on Thu 16 Jan 2020, 8:21 pm

I did start with that whilst I was away, had to be ushered into it by someone who also couldn't speak German - that also makes it hard to follow. I think I got the gist of it though, I reached the end of the season or began season 2. I should start back up.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 9852
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty Re: The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by westisbest on Sun 19 Jan 2020, 5:06 pm

Watched few episodes of the Witcher. It’s ok. Cavill is decent in it.

Up to date with Power. Much better than I expected.



westisbest

Posts : 7228
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty Re: The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by mikey_dragon on Sun 19 Jan 2020, 7:54 pm

Heard a lot of people say Power is good. I haven't found patience to try it out yet, but it's on the watchlist!

mikey_dragon

Posts : 9852
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty Re: The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by BamBam on Mon 20 Jan 2020, 12:28 pm

Power started out well but got progressively unrealistic and outlandish, with some of the twists contradicting stuff that had happened previously. I'm still invested though, and now just want to see it through to the end!


BamBam

Posts : 15954
Join date : 2011-03-17
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty Re: The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by lostinwales on Mon 20 Jan 2020, 3:10 pm

BamBam wrote:Power started out well but got progressively unrealistic and outlandish, with some of the twists contradicting stuff that had happened previously. I'm still invested though, and now just want to see it through to the end!


Now I have finished the 2nd series I'd say the same about Dark.

lostinwales

Posts : 8884
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

The Watchlist (maybe spoilers) Empty Re: The Watchlist (maybe spoilers)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum