The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

De La Hoya: Golovkin is The One Who is Running

+8
Jermaine2015
catchweight
Atila
milkyboy
Hammersmith harrier
BoxingFan88
AdamT
Herman Jaeger
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

De La Hoya: Golovkin is The One Who is Running Empty De La Hoya: Golovkin is The One Who is Running

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 12:03

http://www.boxingscene.com/de-la-hoya-golovkin-one-who-running-not-canelo--110255

What a slime ball De La Hoya has turned into as a promoter how can he come out with comments like that after his boy relinquished his belt and made himself a laughing stock

http://www.boxingscene.com/schaefer-golovkin-deserves-split-team-canelo-being-unfair--110231

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

De La Hoya: Golovkin is The One Who is Running Empty Re: De La Hoya: Golovkin is The One Who is Running

Post by AdamT Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 12:20

I am, or have been a GGG critic. But he is certainly not running from Canelo.

Oscar accused other fighters of running and ruining boxing. He isn't exactly doing great as a promoter.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

De La Hoya: Golovkin is The One Who is Running Empty Re: De La Hoya: Golovkin is The One Who is Running

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 12:36

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

*BREATHE*

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaha

What a joke, how stupid does he think we are?

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 12:38

Boxing is full of idiots. Any wonder it's dying in the states.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 12:39

Would a 75/25 split be reasonable? If Canelo averages around 400k ppv. The over guy is around 100k. I think that should be an offer.

Even 70/30!

Last edited by AdamT on Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 12:40; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 12:44

AdamT wrote:Boxing is full of idiots. Any wonder it's dying in the states.

Just reading those comments on that site is painful,

Either they are stupid, or playing stupid

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 12:46

AdamT wrote:Would a 75/25 split be reasonable? If Canelo averages around 400k ppv. The over guy is around 100k. I think that should be an offer.

Even 70/30!

70/30/
65/35

GGG is the middleweight champion THE guy in the division and not exactly small time either

IMO GGG should forget Canelo he embarrassed himself, calling GGG out then ducking, then making up some BS excuse

If people can't see them trying to save face, they must be the most gullible people in the world

On that note I have a broken record I would like to sell them

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 12:50

I think you'll find that Canelo is THE middleweight champion.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 13:24

I've said this before, but, if there is an offer of $10m. It might equate to an unfair proportion of total revenue given their respective talents and/or revenue generation ability... But...It's still a lot of money... it's still more than ggg gets anywhere else. It gives him 'lineal' status for what that's worth.  

Really, ggg should haggle for a better deal, but take whatever he can get to make the fight happen and call oscar's bluff. Otherwise it's ego getting in the way of bank balance AND legacy.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 13:26

Can't agree with that Milky. You should never sell your product for less than it's worth. Unless of course, you're desperate.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 13:32

Atila wrote:Can't agree with that Milky. You should never sell your product for less than it's worth. Unless of course,  you're desperate.

IMO he is a little desperate. Were else can he make big money like that?
He should try and get a couple of extra million on top off the offer and take the fight.

If he is as good as everyone thinks? He then becomes a genuine superstar and will command high purses in the future.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 13:35

I don’t believe there is serious offer from Golden Boy. They have admitted several times that they are not looking to do the fight before September 2017 in any case.

This “offer” is as genuine as the Scott Quigg chequebook stunt. Designed to obstruct negotiations in private, while publically deflecting attention away from themselves as they are now getting serious heat for stalling the fight continually.

As with the Frampton / Quigg fight, it will only happen when both sides are serious about making it happen. At the moment Golden Boy are in stalling mode at best.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 13:37

Atila wrote:Can't agree with that Milky. You should never sell your product for less than it's worth. Unless of course,  you're desperate.

Short sighted willy waving in my view Atila (from him not you!) You need to be prepared to lose a battle to win the war. GGG's career and bank balance are better served by taking the money. He wins and canelo's stock goes down, and GGG's goes up.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 13:41

catchweight wrote:I don’t believe there is serious offer from Golden Boy. They have admitted several times that they are not looking to do the fight before September 2017 in any case.

This “offer” is as genuine as the Scott Quigg chequebook stunt. Designed to obstruct negotiations in private, while publically deflecting attention away from themselves as they are now getting serious heat for stalling the fight continually.

As with the Frampton / Quigg fight, it will only happen when both sides are serious about making it happen. At the moment Golden Boy are in stalling mode at best.

Very possibly true. If Oscar has publicly said there's an 8 figure fixed offer on the table for September, Then call his bluff and accept it. If he wriggles, it's proof they weren't serious... If they don't, you get your fight and a career high payday for next September... And you can beat up a few more stiffs for pocket money in the meantime without getting too much flak.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 13:43

You know what guys?

The fight will happen late next year. I always though September 2017 would be the date.

Though I wonder if you know who will come back and spoil the party. Rumour has it Floyd might face Canelo.

Though that would be too dangerous and I think he will come back and take the easier option in Pacquaio.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 13:47

Oscar knows his love child and cash cow Canelo will get pounded into retirement by GGG. Canelo was marked up by mayweather and Lara. When GGG lands his bombs Canelo will be left needing a face transplant

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 14:00

back in your fishnets toss-bag

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 15:25

Hammersmith harrier wrote:I think you'll find that Canelo is THE middleweight champion.

How you figure that out?

He dropped the belt and moved down a division

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 15:27

BoxingFan88 wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:I think you'll find that Canelo is THE middleweight champion.

How you figure that out?

Canelo might've dropped the WBC belt, but he still retained the ring magazine and Linear titles.

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 15:30

Fu.k the linear title.

I like Canelo and don't think GGG is the monster everyone thinks, but they dropped that belt than rather fight him. For me, that makes GGG the real champion.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 15:36

TopHat24/7 wrote:back in your fishnets toss-bag

laughing Shocked

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 15:39

GGG the real champion

Canelo dropped the belt

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 15:40

Herman Jaeger wrote:GGG the real champion

Canelo dropped the belt

It's true. Never denied GGG is the main champ. Division is crud, but that's another story and no point getting into it.

GGG is number one at MW.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 15:59

AdamT wrote:
Herman Jaeger wrote:GGG the real champion

Canelo dropped the belt

It's true. Never denied GGG is the main champ. Division is crud, but that's another story and no point getting into it.

GGG is number one at MW.

Never said you did

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 16:01

Until Canelo loses he's THE champion at the weight.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 16:04

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Until Canelo loses he's THE champion at the weight.

At 155??

Boxrec has GGG as champion. Not too bothered about the rankings anyway. It's a bit of a cluster!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 16:07

No he gave up his belt

He's NOT the champion

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 16:08

AdamT wrote:

At 155??

Boxrec has GGG as champion. Not too bothered about the rankings anyway. It's a bit of a cluster!

Canelo is definitely undisputed linear champion at 155

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 16:12

AdamT wrote:

At 155??

Alvarez beat Cotto who beat Martinez who beat Pavlik who beat Taylor who beat Hopkins.

Boxrec don't have champions.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 16:16

I don't care much for linear. If Canelo is champ, then he should do his job and defend against the number 1 guy.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 16:18

AdamT wrote:I don't care much for linear. If Canelo is champ, then he should do his job and defend against a middleweight.

Fixed that for you Smile

So if Canelo is champion, then I guess Floyd is still the linear champion in most weight classes?

Last edited by BoxingFan88 on Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 16:19; edited 1 time in total

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 16:19

What bit does Hammersmith not understand

He gave up his belt, he no longer is the champion

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 16:21

Don't show yourself up again Herman, it has nothing to do with the WBC belt, stick to alien watching.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 16:27

He's not the champion

You got it wrong mate

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 16:28

I've not got anything wrong, it yet again is beyond your comprehension, it has absolutely nothing to do with the WBC.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 16:33

He's your champion the hammersmith champion

the give up your belt champion

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 16:35

BoxingFan88 wrote:

How you figure that out?

Hammer clearly adopting the same BS position as Haz.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 16:37

Herman Jaeger wrote:He's your champion the hammersmith champion

http://www.ringtv.com/ratings/?weightclass=98

Oh dear.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 16:37

BoxingFan88 wrote:
AdamT wrote:I don't care much for linear. If Canelo is champ, then he should do his job and defend against a middleweight.

Fixed that for you Smile

So if Canelo is champion, then I guess Floyd is still the linear champion in most weight classes?

Yep. Must be. Was 'the man' by virtue of who he beat in every division and never got beat by anyone else in that division therefore his status MUST have gone with him according to the Haz-Hammer methodology....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 16:39

Hammersmith harrier wrote:

Oh dear.

Yes, a long discredited publication....it's not 2002 Hamm.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 16:40

Oh dear.

Wow the Oscar owned Ring

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 16:41

Herman Jaeger wrote:

Oh dear.

Wow the Oscar owned Ring

It says it on the internet so must be true Herman, you taught me that.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 16:48

Luckily I don't believe 99% of the stuff i read on the internet

I believe every word you ever write though

You're my boxing hero

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 16:52

You've finally admitted to be woefully outgunned in this pathetic vendetta you hold.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 16:54

I believe everything you write

Let's start a song I don't have a lot of experience so forgive me:-

I believe everything you say I believe everything you do
Everything you write but most of all I believe in you

Say it's true say it's true

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 22:07

Alvarez remains the lineal champ at middleweight. Is he the best middleweight in the world? Probably not. He won't even fight a genuine middleweight - so that tells its own story.

This isn't a new phenomenon. Floyd Patterson was the champ. Liston was the best. Ditto Spinks/Tyson, Dariusz/Roy, Burns/Johnson, Foreman/Bowe, Baldomir/Margarito and Stevenson/Kovalev.

The problem these days is that there is less pressure/emphasis placed on a fighter becoming the lineal/boss/man at a weight than ever before and so even lineal championships have become ridiculous.

Here are the current lineal champs:

Stevenson (won't fight Kovalev/Ward).
Alvarez (won't fight a middleweight).
Crawford (legit champ who seems happy to fight the best).
Rigondeaux (can't get a big fight for love nor money).

Alvarez is the man who beat the man. He's also an extremely poor excuse for a champion. That's boxing in 2016.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 22:37

De la Hoya's Golden Boy promotions really hasnt seemed to have recovered from the fallout with Haymon and Schaeffer a couple of years ago. I think what it showed was that Oscar wasnt the brains of the organisation but he brought a face and a brand to the promotional operation. For a supposed major promotional organistation operating in the U.S, Canelo is the only ppv fighter they have. For a big operation, they have scarcely any stars. Its little wonder then, that they are reluctant to risk Canelo with any middleweight, let alone Golovkin. Its striking that in 2016 their chosen opponents were Amir Khan and Liam Smith. How good a job really is de la Hoya doing as a promoter? Canelo is increasingly unpopular, even with Mexicans and managed to have the WBC rule against him which is notoriously pro Mexican. The rest of stable are mainly either talented prospects without much draw, or reasonably average fighters.

Interesting to hear him speak about 2016 being such a bad year and promoters not doing a good enough job selling their fighters. He could have been talking about himself.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 22:38

It's sh1t! Oh well. Ain't going to change!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 17:48

milkyboy wrote:

Short sighted willy waving in my view Atila (from him not you!) You need to be prepared to lose a battle to win the war. GGG's career and bank balance are better served by taking the money. He wins and canelo's stock goes down, and GGG's goes up.

There is some truth to what you say, but how much less should he take to make the fight happen? We don't even know if DLH has made GGG a reasonable offer. I'm sure that GGG knows he going to have to take a smaller slice of the pie, but he still deserves to be fairly compensated.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 22:07

He absolutely deserves it Atila. And it's galling for anyone to think they're being shafted in negotiations, I just think this is one of those occasions where he would be better served to look at the bigger picture. That assumes the offer is for real. But asking for the $10m offer in writing and then publicly accepting it, is as good a way to test its validity as any. If de la Hoya wriggles then everyone knows the score.

I suspect the offer is genuine... They're prepared to slay the goose for the right cheque... And probably believe they can  rebuild his career afterwards. There's always the potential that Alvarez makes a real go of it, and comes out bruised, bloodied but smelling of roses.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next