The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby

+12
Pot Hale
Cardiff Dave
True Raven
Irish Londoner
PhilBB
Steffan
mikey_dragon
Stone Motif
RiscaGame
LordDowlais
Luckless Pedestrian
munkian
16 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby - Page 4 Empty Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby

Post by munkian Mon 05 Sep 2016, 12:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ponty ?
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby - Page 4 Empty Re: Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby

Post by True Raven Sun 06 Nov 2016, 10:22 am

Sorry LD the ravens are rampant right now 40-10 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

True Raven

Back to top Go down

Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby - Page 4 Empty Re: Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 06 Nov 2016, 10:24 am

True Raven wrote:Sorry LD the ravens are rampant right now 40-10 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Bridgend you've done it again clap.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 30 Mar 2017, 4:21 pm

Merthyr have lost to RGC 3 from 3 this season.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 30 Mar 2017, 4:25 pm

That's gotta burn....

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 30 Mar 2017, 4:26 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:That's gotta burn....

Literally. And to think some drainage expert told us we need an artificial pitch at RP....

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 30 Mar 2017, 4:31 pm

Fair play to RGC, they deserved it.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 30 Mar 2017, 4:32 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:

Literally. And to think some drainage expert told us we need an artificial pitch at RP....

No, you need a pitch. Plain and simple, not a swamp. laughing

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 30 Mar 2017, 4:33 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

No, you need a pitch. Plain and simple, not a swamp. laughing

We were informed it was a drainage issue by some conglomerate CEO who also happens to be a drainage expert.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 30 Mar 2017, 4:44 pm

Never mind. You could always jump on the coat tails of RGC's success at the expense of Merthyr. Very Happy

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 30 Mar 2017, 4:48 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Never mind. You could always jump on the coat tails of RGC's success at the expense of Merthyr. Very Happy

Us civilised people leave the coat-tailing to the people in valleys like Merthyr and Pontypridd. If this is your banter then it's terrible. Then again you're probably trying to provide a sensible argument. #Fail #RGCrealrugby

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 30 Mar 2017, 4:53 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:Never mind. You could always jump on the coat tails of RGC's success at the expense of Merthyr. Very Happy

Us civilised people leave the coat-tailing to the people in valleys like Merthyr and Pontypridd. If this is your banter then it's terrible. Then again you're probably trying to provide a sensible argument. #Fail #RGCrealrugby

I would not keep promoting RGC if I were you as a Dragons fan. Not when your team is teetering near the edge of self destruction and the WRU are looking for a region. Very Happy

But in saying that, you do not get much to cheer about, so anything to make you feel better I 'suppose. Laugh

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 30 Mar 2017, 4:55 pm

Promoting, as in... ?

There you go again, another disingenuous comment about the Dragons. Change the record or just stop posting on here; I'm sure a lot of people would prefer the latter Wink.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 30 Mar 2017, 4:57 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Promoting, as in... ?

There you go again, another disingenuous comment about the Dragons. Change the record or just stop posting on here; I'm sure a lot of people would prefer the latter Wink.

A lot of people like, you Risca, and stone motif. The three stooges from Newport. laughing

Nah, I will keep posting on here thanks. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 30 Mar 2017, 5:02 pm

Risca's not from Newport. The clue's in the name.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Thu 30 Mar 2017, 5:46 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Promoting, as in... ?

A lot of people like, you Risca, and stone motif. The three stooges from Newport. laughing

Nah, I will keep posting on here thanks. OK

There it is Andy. The funniest thing you'll ever write.

So how wrong were you about the likelihood of investment into the Dragons without the security of the asset being part of the deal then? Any time you want to hold your hand up to not knowing WTF you were blathering on about like...
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 31 Mar 2017, 10:50 am

Risca is from Pontypridd isn't he?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sun 02 Apr 2017, 2:00 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Risca's not from Newport. The clue's in the name.

You'd have thought the expert north of the M4 (I assume it's him cos I can't see) would know that?

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun 02 Apr 2017, 9:50 am

Merthyr 17-3 Ponty.
Merthyr players on fire, so I heard. Very Happy

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sun 02 Apr 2017, 3:04 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:Merthyr 17-3 Ponty.

No kneecaps on fire thanks to germoline today though, that's the main thing
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon 03 Apr 2017, 7:37 am

Stone Motif wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:Merthyr 17-3 Ponty.

No kneecaps on fire thanks to germoline today though, that's the main thing

Spreading germoline on 3G pitches is a great idea. Oiling up the players like Turkish wrestlers would also suffice I guess.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sun 21 May 2017, 4:41 pm

Anyone watching this turgid fayre? The BIC sides would put a ton on this lot
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 22 May 2017, 8:17 am

Stone Motif wrote:Anyone watching this turgid fayre? The BIC sides would put a ton on this lot

Good God, how bitter are you ?

Why can't you just take it for what it is ? I was at that game yesterday, and what a great day out it was, I would just like to say thank you to Aber, and their fans for a lovely welcome. It's a shame no teams in Gwent can have a day out like the one yesterday. Perhaps if they could you might have gone and had a good day yourself.

Some people on here seriously need to get down off their horses. As a Dragons fan, I thought you might show some humility. Rolling Eyes

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Mon 22 May 2017, 11:05 am

LordDowlais wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:Anyone watching this turgid fayre? The BIC sides would put a ton on this lot

Why can't you just take it for what it is ? I was at that game yesterday, and what a great day out it was, I would just like to say thank you to Aber, and their fans for a lovely welcome. It's a shame no teams in Gwent can have a day out like the one yesterday. Perhaps if they could you might have gone and had a good day yourself.

Some people on here seriously need to get down off their horses. As a Dragons fan, I thought you might show some humility. Rolling Eyes

Newport and Penallta have both picked up tin pots this season. As the premier journalist for our national rag I thought you'd show some basic knowledge, Andy
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 22 May 2017, 11:46 am

Stone, why don't you just grow up ?

If you do not like the standard of the Welsh Prem, then do not watch it. Why don't you keep your myopic views to yourself ? You are nothing but a keyboard warrior using the anonymity of the internet to behave like bully. Try behaving once in a while, you are everything that is wrong with this place at the moment. You need to get down off your high horse once in a while. You are not always right, in fact, you are mostly wrong when it comes to things outside of Newport.

I doubt you act like this when you do not have the anonymity of the internet to excuse your behaviour, if you spoke to people face to face as you do on here, I doubt you would have any teeth left. Rolling Eyes

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 22 May 2017, 4:12 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Stone, why don't you just grow up ?
I'm surprised this prat is still allowed on post on here. Actually given the way this forum has gone...I'm not

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 22 May 2017, 4:47 pm

Did you watch the final Stef ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Mon 22 May 2017, 5:10 pm

If you do not like the standard of the Welsh Prem, then do not watch it. Why don't you keep your myopic views to yourself ? You are nothing but a keyboard warrior using the anonymity of the internet to behave like bully. Try behaving once in a while, you are everything that is wrong with this place at the moment. You need to get down off your high horse once in a while. You are not always right, in fact, you are mostly wrong when it comes to things outside of Newport.

I doubt you act like this when you do not have the anonymity of the internet to excuse your behaviour, if you spoke to people face to face as you do on here, I doubt you would have any teeth left. Rolling Eyes

You're black, says the pot to the kettle. I didn't think it was a good standard, I'm not sure why I'm getting your usual histrionics over that?
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 22 May 2017, 6:22 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Did you watch the final Stef ?
Nah. Working and living in England at the moment with limited internet so didn't get chance to view it on TV or online

Good game and crowd?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 22 May 2017, 7:09 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Newport and Penallta have both picked up tin pots this season. As the premier journalist for our national rag I thought you'd show some basic knowledge, Andy

Slags you off for having a different opinion, before going on to his usual bitching about Gwent rugby and making a fool of himself. There was me thinking he would never return to this thread after last time.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 22 May 2017, 7:11 pm

Irony much.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 23 May 2017, 9:28 am

Steffan wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:Did you watch the final Stef ?
Nah. Working and living in England at the moment with limited internet so didn't get chance to view it on TV or online

Good game and crowd?

Yeah, it was a good game, Merthyr were leading 19-18 with ten minutes to go and two men in the sin bin. It was quite tense. The crowd was awesome, and not bad size either considering the level it is. It was a great day out. Just ignore the plebs on here who just like to hate all the time, it is the only way you can discuss rugby without getting infuriated on here these days. There are some people with serious chips on their shoulders on this forum, who use the anonymity of the internet to behave like bully's. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue 23 May 2017, 9:33 am

The standard was pretty low, in all fairness, in the bits I saw.
PhilBB
PhilBB

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 23 May 2017, 9:51 am

PhilBB wrote:The standard was pretty low, in all fairness, in the bits I saw.

It was, what it was. Why can't we just take it for that ?

Look, I noticed stone motif could not wait to correct me about teams from Gwent winning things, so how come he did not feel the need to come on here and comment about the standard of rugby in those games ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue 23 May 2017, 9:55 am

LordDowlais wrote:

Look, I noticed stone motif could not wait to correct me about teams from Gwent winning things, so how come he did not feel the need to come on here and comment about the standard of rugby in those games ?

I'm not sure why you're asking me to answer for 'stone motif' when, on another thread right now, you can't even answer questions for yourself.

But you're right to point out it is what it is: not a very good standard of rugby.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 23 May 2017, 10:07 am

PhilBB wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

I'm not sure why you're asking me to answer for 'stone motif' when, on another thread right now, you can't even answer questions for yourself.

But you're right to point out it is what it is: not a very good standard of rugby.

being a Cardiff supporter you would know all about that, I find it ironic that the supporters of the two biggest underachieving professional sides in Wales feel the need to come on here and point this out.

What was it you were telling me at the start of the season ? Cardiff Blues would do much better this time around. How did that work out for you ? Like I told you at the time, Cardiff Blues are a shambles of a professional club, run by a bunch of cowboys.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue 23 May 2017, 10:18 am

LordDowlais wrote:
being a Cardiff supporter you would know all about that, I find it ironic that the supporters of the two biggest underachieving professional sides in Wales feel the need to come on here and point this out.

What was it you were telling me at the start of the season ? Cardiff Blues would do much better this time around. How did that work out for you ? Like I told you at the time, Cardiff Blues are a shambles of a professional club, run by a bunch of cowboys.

Right, that's nice too. I'm not sure what it has to do with the Welsh Premiership being a low and diminishing standard, mind you.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 23 May 2017, 10:21 am

PhilBB wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Right, that's nice too. I'm not sure what it has to do with the Welsh Premiership being a low and diminishing standard, mind you.

If you do not like it, then do not watch it. If you have nothing good to say, then do not say anything. You and your friends from Newport on here can slag off the Welsh Prem all you like, but why ? Don't you think you have other things to worry about ? Like how are your underachieving professional clubs are going to improve ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue 23 May 2017, 10:23 am

LordDowlais wrote:
If you do not like it, then do not watch it. If you have nothing good to say, then do not say anything. You and your friends from Newport on here can slag off the Welsh Prem all you like, but why ? Don't you think you have other things to worry about ? Like how are your underachieving professional clubs are going to improve ?

The interest in the WP is solely because my club's players play in it. As it is not serving its purpose, it needs to be radically overhauled far more than this stupid East / West split. It needs to be removed from the professional game and placed in the community game.

However, you'd have to be pretty dumb to think the Welsh pro teams are underachieving this season. Spectacularly dumb, in fact.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 23 May 2017, 10:30 am

PhilBB wrote:However, you'd have to be pretty dumb to think the Welsh pro teams are underachieving this season. Spectacularly dumb, in fact.

Only two. OK

And you would have to be spectacularly dumb to not realise that, in fact.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue 23 May 2017, 10:32 am

LordDowlais wrote:
PhilBB wrote:However, you'd have to be pretty dumb to think the Welsh pro teams are underachieving this season. Spectacularly dumb, in fact.

Only two. OK

Really? Ok. Which two have underachieved? Spell out your opinion here so that we can look into it.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 23 May 2017, 11:14 am

PhilBB wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Only two. OK

Really? Ok. Which two have underachieved? Spell out your opinion here so that we can look into it.

Cardiff Blues and Newport Gwent Dragons. Please do not give me this funding bollox as Scarlets and Ospreys have achieved much more this season with the same budgets.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue 23 May 2017, 11:26 am

LordDowlais wrote:

Cardiff Blues and Newport Gwent Dragons. Please do not give me this funding bollox as Scarlets and Ospreys have achieved much more this season with the same budgets.

I think that your analysis is a little off. There's no doubt that the Os and Scarlets have overachieved. The NGD did not spend to the salary floor so it's ludicrous to claim they had the same budget. Cardiff achieved in line with their budget, although it could be argued that getting out of the European group with three wealthier clubs alongside them was an achievement.

There's three stages to this kind of analysis: underachieve, achieve in line, over achieve. You've forgotten the middle one.

So, for example, Merthyr's budget dictates that not winning the Cup was underachieving but winning the league was achieving in line with their budget.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 23 May 2017, 11:44 am

Ah, so it was not the fact that two teams underachieved, it is more to the fact that two teams overachieved. Laugh

Phil I swear, you do not half talk some crap on here. Rolling Eyes

You roll out the same excuses season on season. Cardiff Blues constantly finish in the 8th/7th spots in the league, yet you can accept this because it's in line with the action plan.

Every season, it's excuses. The same old one's. Look at the Ospreys fans, they want Tandy gone, yet he got them to the semi final in their European comp, and got to the semi final in the league. They are demanding more, they would never be happy with a constant mid table, early European exit season. Both the regions in East Wales are run by a bunch of egotistical cowboys.

This is the difference between the teams in Wales, not how much they spend, I bet Cardiff Blues, Ospreys and Scarlets have the same budgets. Yet it is a case of over achieving, not underachieving. Rolling Eyes

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue 23 May 2017, 11:56 am

You run a carpet business, don't you? Let's say you set a marketing budget of £500 for an advert in the local newspaper. Now, having your business experience you'll know that the £500 advert should generate footfall of x.

If it generates footfall of x+1, you'll know its overachieved. And so on. This is basic business which you should know. Should.

There's no doubt that the Os and Turks did very well to finish above vastly more expensive squads in Ulster and Glasgow. Cardiff's budget is in line with challenging Llanelli for the top 6, so this year Llanelli did the better.

Again, this is Key Stage 1 level analysis so I'm not sure why you're struggling with it.

Tandy did NOT get the Os to the semi final stage of the European Competition, by the way. The Ospreys should be achieving more than Cardiff as they spend more. That's why their fans demand more. Again, this is billy basic stuff so I'm not sure why you're struggling with it.

You also seem to be unable to differentiate between acceptance and demand, which really is odd. All supporters demand more of their clubs but that doesn't negate a grown adult comprehending a ceiling of achievement.

So why can't you comprehend the three basic stages of achievement - over, in line and under?
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 23 May 2017, 12:07 pm

PhilBB wrote:So why can't you comprehend the three basic stages of achievement - over, in line and under?

Oh I can comprehend it just fine thanks, but when I read that, all I am seeing is another excuse.

PhilBB wrote:You run a carpet business, don't you? Let's say you set a marketing budget of £500 for an advert in the local newspaper. Now, having your business experience you'll know that the £500 advert should generate footfall of x

What has that got to do with anything, for your information, I do have an advert in the local paper, but it would do me bugger all to pay thousands of pounds to put it in the London Metro.

Lets face it Phillip, you are going to constantly make excuses for your team, until you wake up one morning, and reality smacks you in the face.

Why are Cardiff Blues underachieving when they spend a kings ransom on players like Willis Halaholo and Rey Lee-lo and Nick Williams ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Tue 23 May 2017, 6:15 pm

So anyway, how is me thinking I'd somehow jammed the Sky remote on rewind whilst watching the actual game, 'bullying' again? Apart from the Lord of Dowlais having...ahem...fallen to the communists...
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Wed 24 May 2017, 8:14 am

LordDowlais wrote:
PhilBB wrote:So why can't you comprehend the three basic stages of achievement - over, in line and under?

Oh I can comprehend it just fine thanks, but when I read that, all I am seeing is another excuse.

PhilBB wrote:You run a carpet business, don't you? Let's say you set a marketing budget of £500 for an advert in the local newspaper. Now, having your business experience you'll know that the £500 advert should generate footfall of x

What has that got to do with anything, for your information, I do have an advert in the local paper, but it would do me bugger all to pay thousands of pounds to put it in the London Metro.

Lets face it Phillip, you are going to constantly make excuses for your team, until you wake up one morning, and reality smacks you in the face.

Why are Cardiff Blues underachieving when they spend a kings ransom on players like Willis Halaholo and Rey Lee-lo and Nick Williams ?

I'm yet to see one excuse I've written. All I have done is explain to you the basic facts of measuring achievement.

So, to take your advert in the local paper, why are you still trading in a small town in an economically run down part of a poor country? Why aren't you living in Monaco? Is it because your local paper advert is "under performing"?

The overall squad spend at Cardiff Blues would put them 6th/7th in the league which, funnily enough, is where they normally finish. Hence, by the definition of the English language, they cannot be accused of underperforming unless some subject, false, discriminatory and imaginary yardstick has been invented by an idiot.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sat 15 Jul 2017, 10:52 am

As the preferred thread for lol-ing at all things 'Valleys Rugby', can you feel the ambition

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/sardis-road-pitch-ripped-up-13336088

Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sun 16 Jul 2017, 2:14 am

I don't know why they're ripping it up when everything is ok apparently. But it is a bit ironic that Sardis was used as a stick to beat Rodney with.

Another thing I found ironic was Ponty's spokesman Owen Robins used to use Circuit of Wales as proof a valley region could work and that has rather gone quiet now.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sun 16 Jul 2017, 9:38 am

RiscaGame wrote:I don't know why they're ripping it up when everything is ok apparently. But it is a bit ironic that Sardis was used as a stick to beat Rodney with.

Another thing I found ironic was Ponty's spokesman Owen Robins used to use Circuit of Wales as proof a valley region could work and that has rather gone quiet now.

Who is paying for the new pitch I wonder? I'll go out on a limb and say, not Ponty
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next