The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What next for brook?

+7
Derbymanc
Guest82
Jermaine2015
mobilemaster8
BoxingFan88
AdamT
milkyboy
11 posters

Go down

What next for brook? Empty What next for brook?

Post by milkyboy Fri 11 Nov 2016, 10:10 am

Dead on here. Must be if I'm reduced to starting s topic.

Read this earlier:

http://www.boxingscene.com/errol-spence-kell-brook-fight--110631

Now we know Eddie is the spinmeister, but if true, it's interesting on a few levels. Firstly, I'm surprised brook is looking at staying at 147, although there are probably a greater volume of interesting fights there, than at 154. Secondly, good to hear that brook wants a unification or the spence fight.

Hey talk is cheap, but after taking the golovkin fight I'm not going to question brook's desire to test himself... and he no longer has an '0' to protect. If he isn't tight at the weight, there are some really good fights at welter... if they can be made. If it is spence, that's a cracker.

Thoughts? If there's anyone out there.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

What next for brook? Empty Re: What next for brook?

Post by AdamT Fri 11 Nov 2016, 10:22 am

I hope it's Khan. Though honestly I would love to see the Spence fight.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 11 Nov 2016, 1:00 pm

Spence Spence Spence Spence

He has been fighting mandatories and I think he was unfairly criticised

Spence is a mandatory, lets get to it, don't drop the belt!

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 11 Nov 2016, 1:01 pm

Spence vs Brook is mouth watering. It will show if Spence is the real deal. If Brook wins, then he can have a massive claim to being the man at 147.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 11 Nov 2016, 1:25 pm

Fantastic fight if it comes off - Spence is massively rated over the pond and i remember touting him as a future great fighter a few years back on the board along with others.....

Brook has so much talent - Eddie has kept him back really fighting Gavin Rees, Matthew Hatton, Senchenko, Bizier etc.

One good win against Porter is poor considering he has, in my eyes, the beating of Garcia/Thurman/Bradely etc.

Think now he has lost his "0" he will be more open to bigger fights - he has had that taste now - the build up, the atmosphere.

He could go on to unify 147 and win a strap at 154 - he is insanely good (and ive been one to massively criticise him in the past) - he just needs the opposition to prove it.

Come on Eddie, get Spence over, then get Brook over to batter Thurman.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 11 Nov 2016, 1:33 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:Fantastic fight if it comes off - Spence is massively rated over the pond and i remember touting him as a future great fighter a few years back on the board along with others.....

Brook has so much talent - Eddie has kept him back really fighting Gavin Rees, Matthew Hatton, Senchenko, Bizier etc.

One good win against Porter is poor considering he has, in my eyes, the beating of Garcia/Thurman/Bradely etc.

Think now he has lost his "0" he will be more open to bigger fights - he has had that taste now - the build up, the atmosphere.

He could go on to unify 147 and win a strap at 154 - he is insanely good (and ive been one to massively criticise him in the past) - he just needs the opposition to prove it.

Come on Eddie, get Spence over, then get Brook over to batter Thurman.

Yes Yes Yes

Absolutely, great great fights to be made!

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Fri 11 Nov 2016, 2:04 pm

No real hope of getting a fight with PACMan TBH, more chance that PACMan could fight GGG in a catch weight fight.

Brook vs Spence is Brook'a only option, and Brook will lose.

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 11 Nov 2016, 2:07 pm

Jermaine2015 wrote:No real hope of getting a fight with PACMan TBH, more chance that PACMan could fight GGG in a catch weight fight.

He might lose

Spence ain't been in with a puncher yet and watching him I don't see someone ready to take the division by storm

Obviously he has massive power

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Fri 11 Nov 2016, 2:09 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:
Jermaine2015 wrote:No real hope of getting a fight with PACMan TBH, more chance that PACMan could fight GGG in a catch weight fight.

He might lose

Spence ain't been in with a puncher yet and watching him I don't see someone ready to take the division by storm

Obviously he has massive power
Anyone fighting Brook will just target the surgically repaired eye

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest82 Fri 11 Nov 2016, 2:12 pm

I really like the idea of Brook v Spence, which I could see either winning.

Can't help but get the feeling he's calling Khans bluff a bit here, after Khan said he would fight him at 147. I think Eddie will be going all out to make the Khan or Pacquiao fights, if they don't happen get the feeling Brook will vacate and move up.

Think Spence is high risk, low reward at the moment.

Hope I am wrong as I really like Brook. But Eddie doesn't have a habit of putting his fighters in 50/50 match ups unless it's making a shed load of PPV money.

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Fri 11 Nov 2016, 2:19 pm

Guest82 wrote:I really like the idea of Brook v Spence, which I could see either winning.

Can't help but get the feeling he's calling Khans bluff a bit here, after Khan said he would fight him at 147.  I think Eddie will be going all out to make the Khan or Pacquiao fights, if they don't happen get the feeling Brook will vacate and move up.  

Hope I am wrong as I really like Brook. But Eddie doesn't have a habit of putting his fighters in 50/50 match ups unless it's making a shed load of PPV money.
Unless Brook gets a unification he has to fight Spence. There's no chance of Khan jumping the queue unless Brook's dumps the belt.

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 11 Nov 2016, 3:37 pm

I'm sure some people will still complain about this or see as a nothing fight as Brook is 'finished' could be very tasty though and a good yard stick for both fighters. Brooks a fantastic talent that now needs to shine to cement a legacy he should have had years ago, Spence is the up and comer ready to plough through everybody else (or something like that)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Baby faced assassin Fri 11 Nov 2016, 4:39 pm

If brook can come back well he is a real player in the division

I like Thurman thinks he's been given a bit of criticism lately because he's not blowing people away like he used to which think is unfair

That said he has shown frailties and brook can exploit.

If you look at Brook, Thurman and Spencer they all have similar styles. They like to set a jab and are better fighting off the back foot

Don't think they'll be exciting but I'd love I see them 3 fight I think they are the top fighters at 147 atm, don't think khan's chin can cope with those 3 and I don't rate Garcia so think it is between those 3
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest82 Sat 12 Nov 2016, 10:53 am

Jermaine2015 wrote:
Guest82 wrote:I really like the idea of Brook v Spence, which I could see either winning.

Can't help but get the feeling he's calling Khans bluff a bit here, after Khan said he would fight him at 147.  I think Eddie will be going all out to make the Khan or Pacquiao fights, if they don't happen get the feeling Brook will vacate and move up.  

Unless Brook gets a unification he has to fight Spence. There's no chance of Khan jumping the queue unless Brook's dumps the belt.

Pretty sure he'd drop the belt to fight Khan. I see Eddie has already said that is who Brook wants next.

Khan is an easier, more lucrative fight. Spence he might lose and won't get paid as well for.

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sat 12 Nov 2016, 11:56 am

Wouldn't blame Khan if he continues to ignore Brook which I'm sure is what he intends to do anyway

Who cares about the fight anyway

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest82 Sun 13 Nov 2016, 9:39 pm

I think Khan will cash out with the Brook fight. He can probably still command a greater share of the purse and won't earn as much fighting anyone else. He could chase Garcia but a loss there would be difficult to come back from.

Unless Pacquaio shows an interest in fighting Khan, and it seems as thought he'll fight Mayweather again, I expect he'll take the Brook fight.

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 18 Nov 2016, 2:47 pm

So the natural "monster" at middle is going back to Welter..

Fancy that..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 18 Nov 2016, 2:49 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:So the natural "monster" at middle is going back to Welter..

Fancy that..

He is a killer at 160. He was GGG's toughest fight to date. Show some respect!!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Mon 21 Nov 2016, 11:21 am

I think Brooks lack of quality sparring has been showing in his past few fights.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down