PGA Tour: Beside the Seaside: Notes from the Ballwasher

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

PGA Tour: Beside the Seaside: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by kwinigolfer on Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

1).That's where we are this week, for the second week running after Mayakoba's beachside beauty - which is no way to describe winner Pat Perez. Quite the return from injury for Perez, long regarded as one of the Tour's premier "ball strikers" - if he was anywhere close as good between the ears as he is with his irons, he'd win five times a year, said Johnny Miller, or words to that effect anyway. Almost a shame he won as his combustible self-destruction act is quite something to behold.
And he's the third Mayakoba winner in a row to break a victory drought following Charley Hoffman and Graeme McDowell.

2).We travel this week to the Golden Isles of Georgia and the two courses that make up the venue for the RSM (formerly McGladrey) Classic. 18 holes each at the Plantation Course and Seaside Course, then 36 weekend holes at Seaside - a Harry Colt design originally, and a beautiful setting which will be graced by equally beautiful weather. These "Isles" are popular destinations for Tour players to live and practice, led by Davis Love and joined by Kuchar, Zach Johnson and several others.

3).A lot has happened in the past ten days. Obviously.
We all know the Ugly (not to say vulgar, racist, misogynistic, isolationist) which evolved into the Bad (very bad, tremendously bad), and was roundly welcomed by Pros from all US Tours and broadcast booths.
But there's been some good as well, in the world of Golf at least.

4).With impeccable timing, the Rolex Series for the European Tour was introduced, with the promise of at least one more tournament (France?) to be added to the seven already announced. Not sure we know all the details yet, and the ramifications for PGA Tour members (including South Africans) have yet to be established, but this can't be anything other than terrific news for the E.T.

5).Don't know whether this is good or what, but the reformatting of the Zurich Classic in New Orleans next April seems to beg more questions than it answers, not least any rationale surrounding owgr points (it seems none will be awarded) and how they're going to fill the field. And at a venue, New Orleans, that often experiences an untimely monsoon season to coincide with the tournament, how are they going to manage 160 golfers playing four-balls on the Friday?

6).Meanwhile, the LPGA seems interested in acquiring the Ladies European Tour and using it as feeder for its own Tour. Not sure how that will go down.

7).More positive news for European Seniors is that its new "Head" man, Dave McLaren, is laying out plans to increase the number of tournaments and raise prize money, hopefully within a couple of years. Don't expect Europe's Seniors to reach the kind of wealth that Bernhard Langer has achieved on the Champions Tour (almost $21M and counting), but anything to achieve stability would be welcomed. Meanwhile, the likes of Barry Lane and Van der Velde are competing here in Champions Tour Q-School (both leading in their respective venues after Round 1), hoping to join the likes of Langer, Montgomerie, Mechanic, Broadhurst, Woosie, Lyle and, when he feels fit to compete, Olazabal.

8).This time last year, Graeme McDowell travelled to the Seaside with a Mayakoba win under his belt and proceeded to finish third. Strange, then, that's he's not in this week's field, especially disappointing after three superb rounds last week. Luke Donald will be playing, trying to emerge from the wreckage of his career - a couple of runner-up finishes last year but nothing to suggest he'll be back at the top anytime soon. But these courses might suit him.

9).It's a sad commentary on the state of Australian Golf that last year's Aussie Open Champ, Matt Jones, is playing the RSM/McGladrey rather than defending his title. Admittedly he needs all the starts he can get after mysteriously taking last season just easy enough that he narrowly lost his card, but really . . . . . . . .

10).No PGA Tour action next week, even though Thanksgiving has been postponed in most US homes for four years. There IS a World Cup in Australia, plus Champions Tour and web.com Q-Schools in the next three weeks, but the Ballwasher is pretty clogged up with fallen leaves and season-ending debris, so only sporadic musings until January. Merry Christmas!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: Beside the Seaside: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by McLaren on Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:23 am

Davie

It seems to work ok, what do you think is wrong with it?
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie on Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:03 am

Well I don't see pluses or minuses any more, and it wasn't very clear anyway. I see a red bar next to your post though - does that mean someone disliked it?

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren on Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:05 am

Yes, full red bar means 100% dislikes.

I can currently see and use the plus and minus signs, I use chrome.
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin on Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:06 am

How come I can only down vote mac once? This must be some sort of bug in the system.
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro on Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:17 am

MontysMerkin wrote:How come I can only down vote mac once? This must be some sort of bug in the system.
Ha! Mac should be in constant red...

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts on Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:36 pm

Only that you have nothing good to say about Admins etc here as a result of some historical issues and like to post that sort of critique in the open. You qualified your wanting of some sort of 'like' button with a couple of nice little chips at the fact it was a 'failure'.
Why not PM the Admins etc if you have a problem instead of always sniping in the open?
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro on Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:43 pm

Navy I just gave you a + in appreciation of the work you do as admin. And it's Christmas. Very Happy

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin on Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:51 pm

And just for parity I down voted.
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer on Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:02 pm

+ for me navy . . . . thanks! And it's Christmas.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren on Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:08 pm

McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie on Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:30 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:Only that you have nothing good to say about Admins etc here as a result of some historical issues and like to post that sort of critique in the open. You qualified your wanting of some sort of 'like' button with a couple of nice little chips at the fact it was a 'failure'.
Why not PM the Admins etc if you have a problem instead of always sniping in the open?

You really let past issues cloud your judgement don't you? I said ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about admins, moderators or 606v2 in my post. I made a specific point of mentioning forumotion who are the infrastructure for this site - I even thought to myself as I was typing the original message that I'd better make sure I don't sound like I'm criticising the V2 owners (I just knew someone would be on my back if I did)

Try reading what I say instead of what you think I say.

Did the admins even have any say in the introduction of this feature or was it just thrust upon the whole forumotion community?

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren on Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:24 pm

Davie

Don't worry, we forgave you long ago for your actions surrounding dog-gate. If the button would reappear I would like your last post to show solidarity. kiss
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz on Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:40 pm

Looks like SBS (Seoul Broadcasting System) has added their name back to the title of the SBS Tournament of Champions.  Back in 2009 SBS signed a 10-year sponsorship agreement for the event, but later farmed it out to Hyundai for a few years. With Hyundai moving on to Los Angeles, SBS is still on the hook through 2019.  And with SBS having the PGA Tour coverage rights for Korea, there was little chance they were going to try to bail out of the sponsorship agreement.  But, I wouldn't be surprised to see them "farm out" the 2018-19 years if someone else were to want it.  

Not sure what SBS's long term regarding this event might be, but I've seen unconfirmed reports their Tour Sponsorship was tied to their Korean broadcast rights term. But that doesn't come to a head for a couple of years.  My guess is the Tour's #1 individual tournament sponsor priority right now is making sure Houston is secure first (this is Shell's last year).

The biggest priority of all would be the FedEx overall sponsorship. Supposedly it's set to expire after this 2016-17 PGAT season.

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer on Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:45 pm

I had noticed that, when looking for the tournament web-site.
Pathetic that it still doesn't have one, for those of us who don't use facebook anyway.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz on Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:16 pm

In addition to the SBS sponsorship mentioned above... the PGA Tour is in pretty good shape sponsor wise... with 20+ Tournaments having sponsorship agreements in place into the 2020's.

But since all of these are cyclical... there's always events up for renewal. Here's the NEAR TERM sponsorship situations for the PGA Tour.

Expire in 2016-17 (10 events expiring after this year)

Genesis is set as the new sponsor for Los Angeles, and while it's assumed they're in beyond taking over for Northern Trust's last year of 2017, as far as I'm aware, a term past 2017 has not been announced.

Puerto Rico Open (Opposite the WGC Match Play) has been up in the air since the Trump managed (but not Trump owned) resort went bankrupt a few years ago. As far as I'm aware there has been no announced long term renewal with the P.R. Tourist interests and the resort to continue. but it IS on the 2017 schedule, so something must be in place.

Shell Houston Open - 2017 will be Shell's last year as sponsor after a 25 year run. Local officials sound confident sponsorship going forward is not an issue, but if there's someone committed, they're not saying yet.

AT&T Bryon Nelson - 2016 was the final year of the AT&T commitment and as far as I'm aware no longer term commitment has been announced. However with AT&T very much involved in the building of and the moving of the Nelson to Trinity Forest starting in 2018... I assume there's some kind of agreement there and probably soon to be announced.

FedEx St Jude Classic - FedEx is committed through this year. Not sure what their future plans are on this or the overall FedEX Cup sponsorship. No big warning signs out there... at least not yet.

Quicken Loans National - Set through this season. I've seen nothing regarding their long term plans, but they do seem satisfied not only with the event sponsorship but their larger "partner" sponsorship and Hole in One promotions with the Tour.

Barracuda Championship - (Opposite WGC Bridgestone). 2017 is the final year of the original 4-year agreement and I see nothing about an extension yet. I'm not one to necessarily say, but I never really understood the "fit" of Barracuda and the PGA Tour anyway. But what do I know... I wouldn't be surprised if they do or don't renew.

Northern Trust takes over for Barclay's final year of sponsorship for the 1st playoff event. I don't think they would have moved from L.A. to this unless they have longer term plans, but nothing's been announced that I'm aware of.

Dell Technologies Championship (formerly Deutsche Bank). Lot of chatter on this one as for now all that has been announces is Dell is in just for this year. But with talk of possible reorganization or rescheduling of the FEXCup playoffs, who knows? Not me anyway.

Shriner's Hospital for Children - have an agreement in place through this fall (which is in the 2017-18 season).

Beyond those above... here are the scheduled expirations of other sponsorships...

AFTER 2018 (4 events expire) - OHL Mayakoba, Sony Hawaii, Valero Texas Open, Barbasol Championship (alt to OPEN). I wouldn't necessarily see any of these at risk with the possible exception of Barbasol, but I have no direct knowledge of that. Sony and Valero seem like absolute solids.

AFTER 2019 (6 events expire) - SBS Tournament of Champions, Farmers Insurance Open, WGC-Dell Match Play, Zurich Classic of New Orleans, Wells Fargo Championship, BMW Championship (3rd playoff event). I'm not reading any chatter on any of these being at risk long term, but it's certainly too early to tell.

The 4 majors, Players and Tour Championship are not included in my sponsor recaps. The majors have their own deals and don't include corporations in their Titles anyway.  And both the Players and Tour Championship have multiple major non-title "presenting" sponsors instead of just the traditional one Title sponsor.

Bottom line: Golf looks to be in pretty good hands to me... at least at the PGA Tour level.

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz on Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:23 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:I had noticed that, when looking for the tournament web-site.
Pathetic that it still doesn't have one, for those of us who don't use facebook anyway.
What little they have is a few sub pages on the KAPALUA site... but you're right, I guess they're more into Facebook... http://www.golfatkapalua.com/TOC_2017.html

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer on Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:33 pm

I'd seen that too; looks like it might have been written by a student at Lahaina Elementary.

The only chatter about one of your 2019 question marks that I've seen concerns the Beemer. And that's been quiet since Dell stepped up in Boston.

Thanks for the rundown, robo . . . . .

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz on Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:53 pm

Not sure what to make if anything with BMW, but I don't think it safe to assume they're an automatic. And really neither is anything else. If Shell can bail, then any sponsor can. Plus you never know when a specific market sector or even a whole economy can crater. So until it's signed, nothing is a sure thing.

But that said, I've read estimates that the Tour has something North of $250 mil in cash laying around, plus another $ billion+ in its retirement plan it could at least partially borrow against if it had to... So unless there were like a Great Depression or something, they should be in pretty good shape. And if that happened, then who gives a crap about a golf tour anyway?

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer on Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:30 pm

We had a Great Depression the last time the Republicans were at the controls, so anything's possible - with Drumpf, the world could crater - oh no, scrap that, we're safe with Rick Perry in charge of our nuclear materials. Good lord.

Finchem has bequeathed an extraordinary legacy - don't much care for some of the things he did, but he's a genius.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz on Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:04 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:We had a Great Depression the last time the Republicans were at the controls, so anything's possible - with Drumpf, the world could crater - oh no, scrap that, we're safe with Rick Perry in charge of our nuclear materials. Good lord.

Finchem has bequeathed an extraordinary legacy - don't much care for some of the things he did, but he's a genius.
Yeah... I certainly remember all the soup lines and 25% unemployment rates of the last Republican Great Depression.... sigh....  

I got a suggestion... how about we STFU about politics and focus on golf... or take the politics to the "anything goes" thread... all the better so you whiny cry-baby lefty's can quit making complete fools of yourselves in the golf topics... DEAL?

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones on Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:29 pm

robopz wrote:
kwinigolfer wrote:We had a Great Depression the last time the Republicans were at the controls, so anything's possible - with Drumpf, the world could crater - oh no, scrap that, we're safe with Rick Perry in charge of our nuclear materials. Good lord.

Yeah... I certainly remember all the soup lines and 25% unemployment rates of the last Republican Great Depression.... sigh....  

I got a suggestion... how about we STFU about politics and focus on golf... or take the politics to the "anything goes" thread... all the better so you whiny cry-baby lefty's can quit making complete fools of yourselves in the golf topics... DEAL?

Only if you learn to spell properly. Funny how the 'winners' are the ones who lash out in ill-tempered, semi-literate fashion when the subject of politics comes up.
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer on Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:38 pm

Interesting extrapolation by Paul Krugman that, if Trump saved the number of jobs that he coerced Indiana to retain at Carrier every day for the next four years, he still wouldn't save the number of jobs that Barack rescued by helping the motor industry.

Oh well, compliments on Finchem wasted, as usual.

And, by the way, nothing lefty, cry-baby or whiny about me, just a pragmatist.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB on Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:40 pm

Only if you learn to spell properly.

Which word of Robo's rant was misspelled? Because every word of Robo's rant passed my Google Chrome spell checker.

"Yeah"? pfffffft. Its Slang. BFD. and it still passed the spell checker.

and FTR, I echo Robopz's sentiments about leaving the Politics out of these threads. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of other places where any of you can debate your Chicken "The Sky is Falling" Little rhetoric.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones on Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:47 pm

GPB wrote:
Only if you learn to spell properly.

Which word of Robo's rant was misspelled?  Because every word of Robo's rant passed my Google Chrome spell checker.

"Yeah"?  pfffffft.  Its Slang.  BFD.  and it still passed the spell checker.

and FTR, I echo Robopz's sentiments about leaving the Politics out of these threads.  There are hundreds, if not thousands, of other places where any of you can debate your Chicken "The Sky is Falling" Little rhetoric.

I'm shore this wood parse you're computers spiel chequer to. Doesn't mean I've used the right words though, does it? That's the trouble with the internet, planks think just because there's no wavy line under what they've written it must be true.

Last edited by SmithersJones on Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz on Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:48 pm

SmithersJones wrote:
Only if you learn to spell properly. Funny how the 'winners' are the ones who lash out in ill-tempered, semi-literate fashion when the subject of politics comes up.
Woosh....

Are you serious? This blog has been having a political kiniption fit for a month now with every vile ill tempered comment imaginable. (Not that you would notice if you agreed with them of course). All I'm trying to do is throw a spotlight on the absurdity it all... plus illustrate the stupidity of mixing discussion of sports and politics.

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones on Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:53 pm

Yeah, ok.

Future's bright & all that.
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB on Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:54 pm

SmithersJones wrote:

I'm shore this wood parse you're computers spiel chequer to. Doesn't mean I've used the right words though, does it. That's the trouble with the internet, planks think just because there's no wavy line under what they've written it must be true.

I did ask you a very specific question and you failed to answer it.

Which word did Robopz misspell?

Which word knotted your knickers that you missed the entire point of his message?

(and for the record, "chequer" does not pass mustard on my google spell checker. Ending sentences with a preposition does not pass my grammar check)

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro on Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:58 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:
And, by the way, nothing lefty, cry-baby or whiny about me, just a pragmatist.
For sure you have self irony..

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones on Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:02 pm

GPB wrote:
SmithersJones wrote:

I'm shore this wood parse you're computers spiel chequer to. Doesn't mean I've used the right words though, does it. That's the trouble with the internet, planks think just because there's no wavy line under what they've written it must be true.

I did ask you a very specific question and you failed to answer it.

Which word did Robopz misspell?  

Which word knotted your knickers that you missed the entire point of his message?  

(and for the record, "chequer" does not pass mustard on my google spell checker.  Ending sentences with a preposition does not pass my grammar check)

Still can't spot it then? Shame.

Chequer would pass on this side of the pond, ending with prepositions is not a complete no-no any more and the point was that the correct word would have been 'too'.
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz on Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:04 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:Oh well, compliments on Finchem wasted, as usual.

BINGO!  EXACTLY the point I've been trying to make. The easiest way to ensure your point is entirely missed is to mix it in with some rediculous and unnecessary partisan political nonsense. And I'd be saying EXACTLY the same thing if it was some bleating self assumed pragmatic  pro-Trump idiot doing the same thing.

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB on Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:08 pm

Chequer would pass on this side of the pond, ending with prepositions is not a complete no-no any more and the point was that the correct word would have been 'too'.

You are getting WARMER.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB on Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:10 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:Oh well, compliments on Finchem wasted, as usual.

For a fat girl, you don't sweat much!!

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz on Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:15 pm

SmithersJones wrote:Yeah, ok.

Future's bright & all that.
And still... you somehow continue to ENTIRELY miss the point... Un-freeking-believable.

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro on Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:22 pm

As an European I don't like the prospect of another cold war with Russia. As far as I'm concerned Putin can f--k with Ukraine as much as he likes, it's not really any of our business. Can't see the need to play hard ball with Putin. And he can mess with Syria if he likes, the refugees will come our way regardless. We (Europe) should rather focus on taking care of our own sh!t, it's not like we've been really good at that recently. And if the US wants trade war with China, or play hide and seek in the Yellow Sea, well be my guest. All they care about is access to the Pacific and then just MONEY. With Trump being elected I for one see some opportunities for Europe to get its act together and not always rely on Washington to set the tone. But apparently the political correctness calls for a continuation of American imperialism. Let's how it goes.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer on Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:24 pm

I think the Depression was brought up by someone else, certainly wasn't me.
And I put the Finchem thing in just to reflect how well I thought he's managed the sponsorship etc. And I know he didn't have to deal with the Thirties, but enough people suffered needlessly and criminally under Dubya to make it just as troubling and the future even more so.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts on Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:37 pm

Davie wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:Only that you have nothing good to say about Admins etc here as a result of some historical issues and like to post that sort of critique in the open. You qualified your wanting of some sort of 'like' button with a couple of nice little chips at the fact it was a 'failure'.

You really let past issues cloud your judgement don't you? I said ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about admins, moderators or 606v2 in my post. I made a specific point of mentioning forumotion who are the infrastructure for this site - I even thought to myself as I was typing the original message that I'd better make sure I don't sound like I'm criticising the V2 owners (I just knew someone would be on my back if I did)

Try reading what I say instead of what you think I say.

Did the admins even have any say in the introduction of this feature or was it just thrust upon the whole forumotion community?
Who cares? No-one here I'll wager. Let's just forget it and move on...
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts on Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:39 pm

robopz wrote:

Seriously?? Drunk a bit much today have we? Calm down dear.
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts on Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:45 pm

OK. No more politics bollox or any other f***ing c.r.ap here. That goes all ways.
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz on Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:47 pm

Here's what I think....

I think I see topic headers relating to golf topics, many of which I would like to participate...

I think I also see an "Anything goes" thread, ostensibly for the discussion of things other than golf... Like partisan politics for instance. A thread in which I usually prefer not to participate.

And I'm 100% positive that I see a bunch of self declared superior intellect's who apparently can't seem to grasp the distinction...

Mind boggling

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz on Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:49 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:OK. No more politics bollox or any other f***ing c.r.ap here. That goes all ways.
thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup Yahoo OK OK OK clap clap clap

PS Navy... Don't drink hardly at all... maybe I'm just a little too harsh in my sarcasm for people to get it. I'm just sck and tired of thread after thread after thread of supposed golf topics being hijacked by mind numbingly banal one-sided political "newspeak"

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB on Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:04 pm

+ Vote nbs.

Much prefer Golf Talk.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren on Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:56 am

Kwini

Do you think there is also an argument to be made that Finchem has done so well because he was lucky enough to be on watch when Tiger came along? Suddenly golf had the biggest sports star going and it made getting TV companies and sponsors much more likely to cough up.

I see the fact that TV audiences still seem to rise and fall based on whether or not Tiger plays as a sign Finchem hasn't really improved the games status like some claim.
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster on Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:22 am

Unfortunately many topics have (or could legitimately turn to having) a political element. Some like discourse (some like dat course ah-ha) but I'm pretty sure there aren't many fans of some of the more polarised views, or their repeated hammering.

I tend to read most things, chip in (sh*t, that's 2 awful golf gags) occasionally but let most of what I think to be rubbish pass by me.

Many of the meanderings off topic are very repetitive in nature, but it's a very small golf site with very few users (or at least very few contributory users) so I take the positives of a small, community feeling, knowledgeable users and passively administered site over the fact that some of the stuff that's posted is a massive bag of bullocks seemingly posted in a slightly different way every other day. When good golf talk does crop up (and every poster I've read on here has golf knowledge or opinion worthy of note) it's often well worth the filtering out of the stuff I don't want to get involved in.

If only the same could be said of some of the cr@p jokes I come out with!

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin on Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:00 am

Agreed (about the jokes). Have an upvote on me.
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer on Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:51 am

Mac,
I stand by my point about Finchem - the way he lined up sponsors and bailed out events he felt were worth keeping just to tide them over was remarkable. The PGA Tour continued to flourish during the economic downturn (better not call it a depression) which also coincided with a Tiger downturn.
O'Grady, by contrast, showed just how difficult a trick that was to pull off.
I'm not a fan of the way Finchem disenfranchised parts of the country that he didn't much care for, but his members didn't give a toss.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro on Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:17 pm

O'Grady disenfranchised a whole continent...

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited on Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:22 pm

Roller - you can have a + vote from me too.

I really don't care for the politics either, I find it immensely repetitive and boring, but I'm happy to see the conversation meander and evolve without feeling the need to complain (although am I doing it now?) and insult other posters.

Robo - I understand your sentiments, but if you're going to write something so provocative you've really got to get your spelling and grammar right!

GPB - How can you not see the errors? There are more than one!

Mac - Tremendous effort bringing up dog-gate! Well played.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB on Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:36 pm

raycastleunited wrote:
GPB - How can you not see the errors? There are more than one!

No, I don't see any. Nor does any word in the post ping the google chrome spell check. (The post that SmitherJones quoted above)

And just what difference does it make. I try to focus on the content of the post rather being a zealous Middle School English teacher.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer on Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:47 pm

It would surely help if there were a few more zealous Middle School English teachers.
Speaking as the father of a zealous Middle School English teacher in your old neck of the woods, GPB.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie on Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:47 pm

In the meantime I still can't see the + and - buttons ... but I could before! Is there a way to switch them on and off?

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum