The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lucas Browne fails another drugs test

+6
Ronikara
kingraf
hazharrison
AdamT
EX7EY
spencerclarke
10 posters

Go down

Lucas Browne fails another drugs test Empty Lucas Browne fails another drugs test

Post by spencerclarke Tue 22 Nov 2016, 10:36 am

Morning all,

Sky sports reporting that heavyweight contender Lucas Browne has failed a 2nd random drugs test of the year.

It makes it virtually impossible to defend him now.

Thoughts guys?

Cheers

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Lucas Browne fails another drugs test Empty Re: Lucas Browne fails another drugs test

Post by EX7EY Tue 22 Nov 2016, 10:41 am

Thoughts are I'm sick of the amount of fighters failing drugs tests.

If they fail and it is confirmed they have failed, lifetime ban, entire career record wiped from the record books. End of story.

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Lucas Browne fails another drugs test Empty Re: Lucas Browne fails another drugs test

Post by AdamT Tue 22 Nov 2016, 10:52 am

EX7EY wrote:Thoughts are I'm sick of the amount of fighters failing drugs tests.

If they fail and it is confirmed they have failed, lifetime ban, entire career record wiped from the record books. End of story.

Excellent post. These drug penalties are not enough to scare users off. If it isn't life ban the first time, it definitely should be next.

Druggie c**ts!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 22 Nov 2016, 11:13 am

Hilarious. I've never seen so many fans backing a fighter who failed a test (whereas Kid Galahad was universally castigated for doing the same).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 22 Nov 2016, 11:29 am

Are we blaming the Russians again? Or is it Ze Germans? there were so many excuses last time out
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 22 Nov 2016, 11:34 am

hazharrison wrote:Hilarious. I've never seen so many fans backing a fighter who failed a test (whereas Kid Galahad was universally castigated for doing the same).

I agree (a change) Cool

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 22 Nov 2016, 11:38 am

Hopefully now we can have two clean fighters in Haye and Briggs contesting the title...

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 22 Nov 2016, 11:41 am

hazharrison wrote:Hopefully now we can have two clean fighters in Haye and Briggs contesting the title...

Sarcasm lol

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronikara Tue 22 Nov 2016, 12:35 pm

Here is hoping Haye takes the WBO route of fighting the winner of Parker vs Ruiz rather than a soft touch regular WBA belt against Briggs. But judging by Hayes choice of fights this year, I'm not confident...

Ronikara

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 22 Nov 2016, 12:39 pm

At least the drug organisations are catching them

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Tue 22 Nov 2016, 3:13 pm

Lucas 'big roid head' Browne seems a more fitting name.

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 22 Nov 2016, 8:19 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:At least the drug organisations are catching them

Usually VADA (who offer more stringent testing). Different to USADA - Floyd's organisation of choice!

Last edited by hazharrison on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 8:58 pm; edited 2 times in total

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 22 Nov 2016, 8:49 pm

Talking about knocking boxers every chance Smile

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 22 Nov 2016, 10:03 pm

hazharrison wrote:

Usually VADA (who offer more stringent testing). Different to USADA - Floyd's organisation of choice!

Not fair. USADA do catch them. And they're tough... they absolutely insist on a retrospective TUE. No flies on USADA.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 23 Nov 2016, 9:51 am

Haz you know as much about drug testing as I do about Chinese writing. Stick to trolling on boxing.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 23 Nov 2016, 10:05 am

milkyboy wrote:
hazharrison wrote:

Not fair. USADA do catch them. And they're tough... they absolutely insist on a retrospective TUE. No flies on USADA.

Hahaha

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Wed 23 Nov 2016, 2:44 pm

When it comes to track and field, I'm not opposed to steroid use. If it was legal it could be regulated safely, and there could be much more testing done on the long term effects. I know several people who do or have used steroids regularly, and although I've barely even had a protein shake myself, I can attest that they have suffered very few ill effects. However, when it comes to combat sports I'm fully behind long or lifetime bans for those caught using performance enhancers, humans can punch eachother in the head hard enough already and it needs to be tested and controlled vigorously for reasons of safety and conscience.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down