The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

15 rounds! What fights would of ended differently?

+10
bellchees
Atila
hazharrison
BoxingFan88
melv500
Mr Bounce
Pedro147
88Chris05
Herman Jaeger
AdamT
14 posters

Go down

15 rounds! What fights would of ended differently? Empty 15 rounds! What fights would of ended differently?

Post by AdamT Wed 23 Nov 2016, 3:14 pm

I will start the ball rolling.

Floyd wobbled Cotto in the 12th. Another round or two he would of got the stoppage.

I'm sure you guys will have some good ones.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

15 rounds! What fights would of ended differently? Empty Re: 15 rounds! What fights would of ended differently?

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 23 Nov 2016, 3:16 pm

Frock- Ward ???

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

15 rounds! What fights would of ended differently? Empty Re: 15 rounds! What fights would of ended differently?

Post by AdamT Wed 23 Nov 2016, 3:18 pm

Herman Jaeger wrote:Frock- Ward ???

Yeah perhaps. Froch did get stronger when fights went on. He might of done a Taylor.

Froch would beat most fighters if it was last man standing.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 23 Nov 2016, 3:24 pm

Pacquiao would of been done for manslaughter had his fight went another 3 with Margarito.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 23 Nov 2016, 4:22 pm

Toney had McCallum more or less out on his feet in the twelfth round of their first fight, the one which ended a draw. With another three rounds he'd almost certainly have got an outright points win, and there's a slimmer of a chance that he'd have become the only man to stop McCallum, too, albeit points was still the most likely.

Rosario-Camacho. I agree with the decision there, but if there'd have been another three rounds I couldn't see Camacho getting out of there with the 'W'.

Dariusz Michalczewski might have just about clung on to his unbeaten record for a few months longer had there been another three rounds against Gonzalez. Falling behind before gutting out a win had become the norm for Michalczewski, but he just left himself too much to do there and finally didn't get away with it. The right decision over twelve, but a reasonable chance it'd have been different over fifteen.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Wed 23 Nov 2016, 4:50 pm

Kell Brook - Carson Jones 1. Brook barely made it to the bell so don't think he'd have had another 3 rounds in him.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 23 Nov 2016, 5:23 pm

Brook was exhausted

A different fighter from the guy that dealt with Porters onslaught.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed 23 Nov 2016, 5:27 pm

"Would HAVE" Whistle (sorry for being a pedant and grammar Nazi - this is my most hated grammatical error)

I think that the Nigel Benn - Chris Eubank rematch would probably have ended with Eubank grabbing a narrow win as he generally seemed to have the edge on stamina.

Lewis vs Holyfield 1 would be an interesting one. Not sure who would actually have lasted longer as they both looked a bit knackered...

Howard Eastman might've woken up and beaten William Joppy - but I doubt it...

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Wed 23 Nov 2016, 5:29 pm

I think Collazo would have stopped Hatton. He shipped a couple of big punches in the 12th and looked the much weaker fighter. I reckon a few more rounds and he was gone. Never liked him at WW and the next 3 times he fought in the division he got stopped.

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 23 Nov 2016, 5:31 pm

You're forgiven

Eubank finished stronger.

Hatton v Collazo is a great one.

Playing devils advocate here. Was Duran up after 12 vs Hagler??

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 23 Nov 2016, 5:48 pm

Taylor vs Chavez would be less controversial....

I think that 15 rounds fights would be paced differently though

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 23 Nov 2016, 6:50 pm

Tito would have stopped Oscar. De la Hoya was blowing out of his backside and running for his life.

Hagler would have beaten Leonard (who was running on fumes).

There's a very real chance that Chavez Jr. would have become the middleweight king against Martinez.

Bowe would probably have won the Holyfield rematch. Despite showing up looking flabby, he was ragging Holyfield - who was spent - about towards the finish.

There are loads.

Bute vs Andrade. Bradley vs Vargas etc.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 23 Nov 2016, 6:55 pm

And I don't fancy Lennox's chances against Mercer over 15.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Wed 23 Nov 2016, 7:06 pm

Going back a bit, Jack Johnson would have beaten Jess Willard.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Wed 23 Nov 2016, 7:38 pm

Kotelnik vs Witter, I haven't seen the fight in a long time but I think Kotelnik took the last 5 rounds.

Maidana vs Khan, certainly possible Maidana gets him out of there with a bit more time.

Marquez vs Pacquiao 1, 3 more rounds and Marquez would surely have made the comeback complete on every card.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 23 Nov 2016, 7:53 pm

Some good picks.

What about Dirrell v Degale?

Castillo vs Floyd?? Though he should of got the nod anyway.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Wed 23 Nov 2016, 8:44 pm

Anyone think Chavez Jr woukd have got Martinez out of there?

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 23 Nov 2016, 9:22 pm

Yes I think Haz mentioned Chavez and Martinez.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mighty G Wed 23 Nov 2016, 9:28 pm

melv500 wrote:I think Collazo would have stopped Hatton. He shipped a couple of big punches in the 12th and looked the much weaker fighter. I reckon a few more rounds and he was gone. Never liked him at WW and the next 3 times he fought in the division he got stopped.
Sorry to be pedantic but I think the Manny fight was at light welter
The Mighty G
The Mighty G

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 23 Nov 2016, 9:33 pm

Bit of a flawed concept this. It kind of assumes the guys prepare for a 12 round fight, pace themselves accordingly during the fight, then the ref comes over at the end of the 12th and says 'surrrrpiiiisssse'.

Most likely these 12th round Hail Mary performances would never have happened in the 12th of a 15 rounder.  

Whilst you naturally would favour the tougher guy or one considered to have better stamina over a longer distance, Just because one guy finished the stronger in a 12 rounder doesn't mean for sure he'd have done exactly the same in a 15 rounder... and then won the last 3 as well.

Sorry to piss on your parade Adam Very Happy

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 23 Nov 2016, 9:34 pm

Manny crushed him that night. Ricky might not have a defence, but Manny was monster.

The knockout generally scared me. I thought it could of killed him. Similar to when Martinez smashed Williams and Marquez squashed Pac.

Lethally timed punches and very frightening!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 23 Nov 2016, 9:35 pm

Milky I have ruined 100 threads, but it's always good for a silly debate.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 23 Nov 2016, 9:40 pm

I am for debating boxing. I can't promise to leave GGG alone, but I will try to do no stirring.

I don't want to ruin any body's fun, so if people want to debate in a sensible manner, I will. If not, that's cool too.

I hope a bit of mild banter can still be had. I'll just not repeat myself.

Sh1t thread, but it's something different.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 23 Nov 2016, 10:26 pm

milkyboy wrote:Bit of a flawed concept this. It kind of assumes the guys prepare for a 12 round fight, pace themselves accordingly during the fight, then the ref comes over at the end of the 12th and says 'surrrrpiiiisssse'.

Most likely these 12th round Hail Mary performances would never have happened in the 12th of a 15 rounder.  

Whilst you naturally would favour the tougher guy or one considered to have better stamina over a longer distance, Just because one guy finished the stronger in a 12 rounder doesn't mean for sure he'd have done exactly the same in a 15 rounder... and then won the last 3 as well.

I remember that happened to Tony Jeffries against Michael Banbula. Jaffa thought he was boxing six rounds and on the bell, went to the ref to have his hand raised....who sent him back to his corner. He was knackered in rounds 7-8 and lucky to escape with a draw.

And then Banbula popped for steroids.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Thu 24 Nov 2016, 9:43 am

Quigg Frampton?

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 24 Nov 2016, 9:45 am

hazharrison wrote:
milkyboy wrote:Bit of a flawed concept this. It kind of assumes the guys prepare for a 12 round fight, pace themselves accordingly during the fight, then the ref comes over at the end of the 12th and says 'surrrrpiiiisssse'.

I remember that happened to Tony Jeffries against Michael Banbula. Jaffa thought he was boxing six rounds and on the bell, went to the ref to have his hand raised....who sent him back to his corner. He was knackered in rounds 7-8 and lucky to escape with a draw.

Laugh did he think he was fighting 6 rounds or could he just not count to 8?!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 24 Nov 2016, 9:46 am

Dipper Brown wrote:Quigg Frampton?

It was in my mind, but even though the fight was recent I nearly forget the end.

Also Frampton vs LSC. I know who I would back in a long duel.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Nov 2016, 10:01 am

McCall would've stopped Bruno had it gone 3 more rounds. Frank was out on his feet going into the last couple of rounds in that fight IIRC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu 24 Nov 2016, 10:07 am

How about Leonard-Duran 3?

Tide starting to turn in that one if I remember rightly after Duran lands a short hurtful right that caused either a cut or a nosebleed definitely took the swagger out of Ray that punch

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 24 Nov 2016, 12:23 pm

milkyboy wrote:
hazharrison wrote:

Laugh did he think he was fighting 6 rounds or could he just not count to 8?!

It was six but then switched to eight (and he never picked up on it)!

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Thu 24 Nov 2016, 5:04 pm

Saunders - DeGale?

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 24 Nov 2016, 5:06 pm

Herman Jaeger wrote:How about Leonard-Duran 3?

Tide starting to turn in that one if I remember rightly after Duran lands a short hurtful right that caused either a cut or a nosebleed definitely took the swagger out of Ray that punch

Good call. Leonard had two awful cuts on the final bell (headbutts weren't they?). Might not have gone another three rounds with those.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 24 Nov 2016, 5:08 pm

Here's an obscure one: Benn vs Galvano 2.

Galvano popped Benn with a jab and staggered him badly (to the point he thought he'd won when the bell rang - similar to Vargas vs Bradley).

Another few rounds and that might have been the end of Benn altogether.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Thu 24 Nov 2016, 5:11 pm

The Mighty G wrote:
melv500 wrote:I think Collazo would have stopped Hatton. He shipped a couple of big punches in the 12th and looked the much weaker fighter. I reckon a few more rounds and he was gone. Never liked him at WW and the next 3 times he fought in the division he got stopped.
Sorry to be pedantic but I think the Manny fight was at light welter

Like the man in the orphapedic shoes I stand corrected!

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down